• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

CORSAIR All-in-One Coolers are Ready for LGA 1700 and Intel Alder Lake Processors

AleksandarK

News Editor
Staff member
CORSAIR, a world leader in enthusiast components for gamers, creators, and PC builders, today announced additional mounts for owners of its range of all-in-one liquid CPU coolers to support the new LGA 1700 CPU socket and Intel Alder Lake processors.

The new CORSAIR Intel LGA 1700 Retrofit Kit supports a wide range of currently shipping and past all-in-one CPU coolers, including the full award-winning ELITE CAPELLIX range, RGB PRO XT range, H100x, and more. Customers can order the kit from CORSAIR for just $2.99/€2.99/£1.99 and receive free shipping anywhere in the United States or Europe. The standoffs easily adapt the existing 115x/1200 bracket to be fully compatible with the new LGA 1700 bracket, ensuring owners are ready-to-go for the next generation of CPU performance.

"We're excited to offer these easy-to-use kits to help CORSAIR customers get ready for the new LGA 1700 socket," said Aaron Neal, Director of DIY Product Marketing. "Given the sheer power and performance of Intel Alder Lake processors, CPU coolers are poised to play a critical role in PC builders' new systems, and this kit makes that positioning possible."

In addition to offering the LGA 1700 bracket separately, CORSAIR CPU coolers with LGA 1700 support out-of-the-box are currently in production and will be available later this year. All future new CORSAIR CPU cooler launches will also support LGA 1700 out-of-the-box. For those who may no longer have all the necessary mounting hardware from their original purchase, a complete mounting kit for all CPU brackets, including LGA 1700, is also available.

Availability, Warranty, and Pricing
The CORSAIR Intel LGA 1700 Retrofit Kit and CORSAIR Complete CPU Bracket Kit are available immediately from the CORSAIR webstore only in the United States and Europe. For availability in Asia and other regions, please reach out to your local resellers and distributors. For up-to-date availability information, please refer to the CORSAIR website or contact your local CORSAIR sales or PR representative.

The CORSAIR LGA 1700 kit is available on the CORSAIR webstore for $2.99/€2.99/£1.99 with free shipping. The complete mounting kit is available for $14.99 on the CORSAIR webstore.

Compatibility
The following CORSAIR liquid CPU coolers are compatible with the LGA 1700 kit:

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

Processor Intel i9 9900K @5GHz w/ Corsair H150i Pro CPU AiO w/Corsair HD120 RBG fan
Motherboard Asus Z390 Maximus XI Code
Cooling 6x120mm Corsair HD120 RBG fans
Memory Corsair Vengeance RBG 2x8GB 3600MHz
Video Card(s) Asus RTX 3080Ti STRIX OC
Storage Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB , 970 EVO 1TB, Samsung 850 EVO 1TB SSD, 10TB Synology DS1621+ RAID5
Display(s) Corsair Xeneon 32" 32UHD144 4K
Case Corsair 570x RBG Tempered Glass
Audio Device(s) Onboard / Corsair Virtuoso XT Wireless RGB
Power Supply Corsair HX850w Platinum Series
Mouse Logitech G604s
Keyboard Corsair K70 Rapidfire
Software Windows 11 x64 Professional
Benchmark Scores Firestrike - 23520 Heaven - 3670
But isnt the CPU iteself a bit bigger than previous sockets? How does the cold plate cover the rest of the surface area?

Space Lynx

Astronaut
But isnt the CPU iteself a bit bigger than previous sockets? How does the cold plate cover the rest of the surface area?

you don't have to cover the surface area in full to work well. i had the arctic e34 duo cooler and it only covered like half my am4 chip. but it still was great temps. but yes i agree with your response overall, i prefer coolers that cover the entire area.

A51783

So this won't work with my H150i pro RGB? I'm confused it shows h100i on the list? And at what point do we know when to purchase say for example the 150 Elite capelix when do they ship with the new bracket or do we get shafted if we buy that now and have to purchase the complete bracket again?

Processor 5900x
Motherboard Crosshair 8 Impact
Cooling Air
Memory Hynix C-Die 3200MHz @CL14
Video Card(s) 3080 FTW3 Ultra
Storage Lots
Display(s) Many
Case Something that protects my innards
Power Supply Seasonic 850FX gen2
you don't have to cover the surface area in full to work well. i had the arctic e34 duo cooler and it only covered like half my am4 chip. but it still was great temps. but yes i agree with your response overall, i prefer coolers that cover the entire area.

The placement of the cold plate and its fins regarding the cpu dies under the ihs can still affect the performance of cooling significantly.

Arctic themselves have released, for example, an offset mount bracket for am4 and their freezer aio series a while back and by just shifting the mounting point they got 2-4°C improvements overall.

Hopefully Corsair have considered all of this, particularly as they're SELLING these components. Whereas, again for example Arctic/Noctua alike are sending it out for free.

Arctix even sent that offset bracket to me for free despite that I had an earlier iteration of their liquid freezers and it hadn't come out of the box for me.