• We've upgraded our forums. Please post any issues/requests in this thread.

Corsair Announces SSD Upgrade Kit for Notebooks

Corsair, a worldwide designer and supplier of high-performance components to the PC gaming hardware market, today announced the immediate availability of the Force Series 3 SSD Notebook Upgrade Kits. The kits, available in sizes of 120 GB and 240 GB, provide users with an easy, affordable way to upgrade their laptops to a solid-state drive (SSD) for improved performance, battery life, and reliability.

Show full news post

FreedomEclipse

~Technological Technocrat~
System Name Codename: Rapture X Mk.VI {Still....MoonPig Edition}
Processor Intel 3930k@4.5Ghz
Motherboard Asus P9X79 PRO
Cooling Corsair H105 {2x Corsair ML 120 Pro}|VRM: Antec Spotcool 100
Memory 32GB DDR3 Kingston HyperX Beast 2400Mhz {8x4GB}
Video Card(s) MSI 1070 Gaming X (Samsung)
Storage 512GB Samsung 850 Pro (Boot)|1x 512GB Crucial MX100|2x 3TB Toshiba DT01ACA300
Display(s) Asus PB278Q 27"
Case Corsair 760T (White) {1x140mm NB PK-3, 2x Corsair AF140}
Audio Device(s) Creative SB Z {Speakers: Logitech Z-5500 }
Power Supply Corsair AX760
Mouse Logitech G900 Chaos Spectrum
Keyboard Duckyshine Dead LED(s) III
Software Windows 7 7600 x64
Benchmark Scores ( ͡°( ͡° ͜ʖ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)ʖ ͡°) ͡°)
IMO - they should have sold the 'upgrade kit' seperately.

Most people dont know that if their laptop, netbook or PC has a WD hard drive drive then there is a version of Acronis that is free to use so long as it detects a WD get that and some cheap $10 USB hard drive caddy to use it for the clone - problem solved.

However if the internal hard drive is a seagate then this 'upgrade kit' might be a good idea.

IMO - they should have sold the 'upgrade kit' seperately.
100% Agree - a "Joe Everyman" compatible upgrade kit as a standalone product is a fantastic idea - I also don't know that we really need to be buying an SSD along with the kit. A standalone kit would be awesome for just putting in a bigger standard drive, or whatever. Maybe you just want to clone the drive as a backup even.

Also IS THIS KIT USB-3 or 2 ?

I had to replicate a 2tb drive over usb2 a few months ago, as the power supply for the USB3 interface I normally used had been damaged, and OH MY FORKING GOWD how massively terrible that was.

If this device also doubles as a generic SATA2.5"<-->USB interface when you are not replicating drives, that would also be fantastic as a technicians spare tool, but I'd hope to heck it would be USB3.

EDIT :
My bad, it seems they already sell a kit like that... Sort of...

Last edited: