• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Corsair AX760i 760 W

StrongForce

Hello all.

I'm reading about the DSP "The revolutionary AXi Series PSUs are the first desktop PC power supplies to use digital (DSP) control and Corsair Link to bring you an unprecedented level of monitoring and performance customization. The DSP in the AX760i makes on-the-fly adjustments for incredibly tight voltage regulation, 80 PLUS® Platinum Efficiency, and clean, stable power."

What I wonder is why would I need to adjust anything ?

You're saying extra efficiency so that model is really more efficient than the 20 bucks cheaper version ?

Also I had a question I read on some french forum some guy say some of these PSU's got coil whining issue, I wonder, can you even RMA a PSU that does coil whining ?? It's really annoying.. my PSU died not long ago and using my old one, which now I remember why I changed it it does coil whining !

I really would like to get noone of this stuff, plus I kinda need new PSU anyway since that PSU I'm using now is only a 500w, and I with that PSU it will more future proof.

You don't have to adjust anything. DSP does all the work for you.
These models have very high efficiency indeed but their most significant feature is the extra tight voltage regulation on the +12V rail along with the monitor options that the DSP allows.

Some PSUs have coil whine but these can be RMAed (I am pretty sure that Corsair accepts RMA of coil whine PSUs)

StrongForce

You don't have to adjust anything. DSP does all the work for you.
These models have very high efficiency indeed but their most significant feature is the extra tight voltage regulation on the +12V rail along with the monitor options that the DSP allows.

Some PSUs have coil whine but these can be RMAed (I am pretty sure that Corsair accepts RMA of coil whine PSUs)

Oh ok thanks that good to know for the coil whine !

So I guess the 760i is kinda worth it over the normal 760 then, Lol my budget is tight otherwise I'll just take it without saying anything :).

nem

flextronics a is a big oem they made all Xbox to Microsoft..

Last edited:

Iggi

Hi!

So as I can see the 760i has lower ripple than 860i PSU (except at 100% load, by a small margin, and PSU would hardly reach 100%, in my case, that is, but would operate at lower levels where ripple is in favor of 760i). And it does better in transient response test? And in review states ; "best available PSU with a capacity below 1kW" for 860i?
Would 760i be a better alternative to 860i for someone who does not look for more power, but that is completely secondary thing?

Thanks, and sorry for raising this old thread.

Last edited: