• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Corsair HX1200i PSU Pictured

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
Here's the first picture of Corsair's second 1200-Watt PSU, the HX1200i. A notch above the HX1050W and one below the AX1200i, this unit reportedly features 80 Plus Platinum efficiency, a load-based fan, which stays off, and spools up only beyond a load threshold; and fully modular cabling, with enough juice and straws to go around for a high-end gaming PC build with three or more graphics cards. The "i" in its name denotes that the HX1200i will be a "smart" PSU, supporting the company's Corsair Link technology, which interfaces with your operating system over USB, letting you monitor load, efficiency, fan-speeds, etc. There's no word on when Corsair plans to launch it.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

System Name Cypher-C4
Processor Ryzen 9 5900X
Motherboard MSI B450 Tomahawk Max
Cooling Deepcool AK620
Memory 32GB Crucial Ballistix Elite 3200MHz
Video Card(s) Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual
Storage 250GB Crucial MX500 + 2TB Crucial MX500 + 2TB WD Black + 4TB Toshiba + 1TB Samsung F3
Display(s) Acer XV272UP
Case Corsair Obsidian 750D
Audio Device(s) Behringher UMC202HD Audio Interface + Mackie HM-4 + Sennheiser HD 280 Pro + Shure SM58
Power Supply Corsair HX750i
Mouse Steelseries Rival 310
Keyboard Keychron K8 + Kailh BOX Crystal Jade switches + Ducky Good in Blue keycaps
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Not surprising since the HXi manual already list the HX1200i. I'm guessing the price will be somewhere around $250 taking the middle ground between the HX1000i and the AX1200i. It shouldn't be more than that because otherwise it's going to be too close to the AX1200i and if anyone's inform enough, they should know the AXi units are superior and are also made by Flextronics.

I skip the rebadged stuff and buy direct from Seasonic who makes fabulous PSUs based on independent scientific testing and actual customer use and Seasonic sells them at reasonable prices without all the gimmicks.

System Name Cypher-C4
Processor Ryzen 9 5900X
Cooling Deepcool AK620
Storage 250GB Crucial MX500 + 2TB Crucial MX500 + 2TB WD Black + 4TB Toshiba + 1TB Samsung F3
Display(s) Acer XV272UP
Audio Device(s) Behringher UMC202HD Audio Interface + Mackie HM-4 + Sennheiser HD 280 Pro + Shure SM58
Keyboard Keychron K8 + Kailh BOX Crystal Jade switches + Ducky Good in Blue keycaps
I skip the rebadged stuff and buy direct from Seasonic who makes fabulous PSUs based on independent scientific testing and actual customer use and Seasonic sells them at reasonable prices without all the gimmicks.

Its always nice to see your post, you really made my day.

System Name Tiger1-Workstation
Processor Intel XEON E3-1275V2 / E3-1230V3
Motherboard ASUS SABERTOOTH Z77 / AsRock H87 Performance
Cooling Corsair H80i Watercooling
Memory 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 2400
Video Card(s) Inno3D GTX 780 Ti
Storage 2TB SSD(4X OCZ vertex 4 256GB LSI RAID0 + Crucial M550 1TB)
Display(s) 2x Dell U3011 30" IPS
Case Silverstone Raven 03
Audio Device(s) Xonar Essence STX--> Xonar Essence One --> SPL Auditor -->Hivi X6
Power Supply Corsair AX860i Platinum
Software Windows 8.1 Enterprise
System Name Cypher-C4
Processor Ryzen 9 5900X
Cooling Deepcool AK620
Display(s) Acer XV272UP
System Name Dumbass
Processor AMD Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF gaming B650
Cooling Artic Liquid Freezer 2 - 420mm
Memory G.Skill Sniper 32gb DDR5 6000
Video Card(s) GreenTeam 4070 ti super 16gb
Storage Samsung EVO 500gb & 1Tb, 2tb HDD, 500gb WD Black
Display(s) 1x Nixeus NX_EDG27, 2x Dell S2440L (16:9)
Case Phanteks Enthoo Primo w/8 140mm SP Fans
Audio Device(s) onboard (realtek?) - SPKRS:Logitech Z623 200w 2.1
Power Supply Corsair HX1000i
Mouse Steeseries Esports Wireless
Keyboard Corsair K100
Software windows 10 H
Benchmark Scores https://i.imgur.com/aoz3vWY.jpg?2
Feel the Love!

Processor Intel 2500k OCed at 4.6ghz
Motherboard Intel Z77
Cooling Thermalright Macho Rev.A
Memory 8GB G.Skill 2133
Video Card(s) Gigabyte GTX 670 Windforce 3X OCed at 1050mhz base and 1600mhz vram
Storage Mushkin Enhance 256gb SSD, Western Digital 750gb and 3TB HHDs
Display(s) Asus 24" 1080p
Case Lian-Li Mid Tower
Audio Device(s) Mobo sound
Power Supply SeaSonic 560 watt gold
Mouse Logitec 3 button laser mouse
Keyboard Das Keyboard Model S (the blank key model)
Software Windows 8.1 64 bit

He's right though. I'm actually a little confused as to why someone would buy anything other than Seasonic. Yes, they are "premium" power supplies, and not for someone looking for a $300 word processing and internet-portal PC, but that's not their market anyway. Consistently the best reviewed products of the market and often cheaper than essentially the same PSUs with different branding. For an item that should be invisible to the user when working properly, people sure like wasting money on overpriced gimmicky Corsair, Enermax, BeQuiet PSUs (which often use inferior internals) when the $20-50 saved on just getting the Seasonic could be spend on a faster GPU or bigger SSD.

>MFW someone says they buy Corsair PSUs or RAM for any reason other than the styling.

System Name Cypher-C4
Processor Ryzen 9 5900X
Cooling Deepcool AK620
Display(s) Acer XV272UP
He's right though. I'm actually a little confused as to why someone would buy anything other than Seasonic. Yes, they are "premium" power supplies, and not for someone looking for a $300 word processing and internet-portal PC, but that's not their market anyway. Consistently the best reviewed products of the market and often cheaper than essentially the same PSUs with different branding. For an item that should be invisible to the user when working properly, people sure like wasting money on overpriced gimmicky Corsair, Enermax, BeQuiet PSUs (which often use inferior internals) when the $20-50 saved on just getting the Seasonic could be spend on a faster GPU or bigger SSD.

>MFW someone says they buy Corsair PSUs or RAM for any reason other than the styling.

Seasonic may be the OEM for most PSU but that doesn't mean that all of them are designed by Seasonic and other OEM can be very good as well. Seasonic units are also known to have quite loud fans which might be a turn off for people looking to build a quiet PC (mostly experienced enthusiast). PSUs from BeQuiet and Corsair are much quieter. Corsair AXi series on the other hand, are made by Flextronics, an OEM who's known for making server grade unit and they most certainly don't use inferior internals.

As for price, other units than Seasonic can also perform good and be inexpensive as well, like for example certain units from EVGA or Cooler Master VSM which uses a different platform/OEM than Seasonic.

Seasonic may be the OEM for most PSU but that doesn't mean that all of them are designed by Seasonic and other OEM can be very good as well.

Seasonic doesn't even make most of the PSUs out there. And, as you said, they're known to have noisy fan and often have a buzzing sound coming from the X and Y caps.

They're not always the best value and they're not the best quality. Yes, they often do well in reviews, but reviews do not reflect the larger scope of actual QA issues that result in DOAs and inevitable failures.

System Name Cypher-C4
Processor Ryzen 9 5900X
Cooling Deepcool AK620
Display(s) Acer XV272UP
Processor Intel 2500k OCed at 4.6ghz
Motherboard Intel Z77
Cooling Thermalright Macho Rev.A
Memory 8GB G.Skill 2133
Video Card(s) Gigabyte GTX 670 Windforce 3X OCed at 1050mhz base and 1600mhz vram
Storage Mushkin Enhance 256gb SSD, Western Digital 750gb and 3TB HHDs
Display(s) Asus 24" 1080p
Case Lian-Li Mid Tower
Audio Device(s) Mobo sound
Power Supply SeaSonic 560 watt gold
Mouse Logitec 3 button laser mouse
Keyboard Das Keyboard Model S (the blank key model)
Software Windows 8.1 64 bit
Seasonic doesn't even make most of the PSUs out there. And, as you said, they're known to have noisy fan and often have a buzzing sound coming from the X and Y caps.

They're not always the best value and they're not the best quality. Yes, they often do well in reviews, but reviews do not reflect the larger scope of actual QA issues that result in DOAs and inevitable failures.

Sorry, but i've never experienced a Seasonic with a louder fan than any other PSU, since they are running passively most of the time anyway. When they are pushed, the fan isn't any louder than any other PSU's fan under load, since 90% of the time, most manufacturers use the same fan OEMs and models. Assuming you are the same jonnyGURU as the website, you do know your PSUs, so i'm not doubting you, but i've not seen any complaints about cap buzz before, and never noticed it in the 3 Seasonic PSUs i've owned. But, i have seen that Seasonic's return rate and reports of DOAs is substantially lower than the industry norm, and their overall build quality is consistently better than any other OEM. Reviews may not reflect that, but the same could be said for any PSU, so that's kind of beside the point. To each his own, but I'll only buy Seasonic PSUs.

System Name 3950X Workstation
Processor AMD Ryzen 9 3950X
Motherboard ASUS Crosshair VIII Impact
Cooling Cryorig C1 with Noctua NF-A12x15
Memory G.Skill F4-3600C16D-32GTZNC
Video Card(s) ASUS GTX 1650 LP OC
Storage 2 x Corsair MP510 1920GB M.2 SSD
Case Realan E-i7
Power Supply G-Unique 400W
Software Win 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores https://smallformfactor.net/forum/threads/the-saga-of-the-little-gem-continues.12877/
Why is the external photo of a boring line of PSU's even news? Is there something I don't see here? Did anyone expect anything other than a large rectangular object? I get it when it's press release but this?

Sorry, but i've never experienced a Seasonic with a louder fan than any other PSU

I didn't say louder than any other PSU.

When they are pushed, the fan isn't any louder than any other PSU's fan under load, since 90% of the time, most manufacturers use the same fan OEMs and models.

VERY incorrect. Seasonic is one of the few companies that use SanAce fans and the bearing clicking noise at low RPMs is more noticeable on those than any other. Also, every PSU company out there uses their own fan controller. Some fans ramp up much faster than others once the PSU reached a certain temperature.

Assuming you are the same jonnyGURU as the website, you do know your PSUs, so i'm not doubting you, but i've not seen any complaints about cap buzz before, and never noticed it in the 3 Seasonic PSUs i've owned.

It's a very common problem with the newer Seasonics that had to have the primary side redesigned to meet ErP 2013 standby efficiency standards.... and yes. I am jonnyGURU.

But, i have seen that Seasonic's return rate and reports of DOAs is substantially lower than the industry norm

Seen where? Do you work in the industry? Do you work for Corsair or Cooler Master or anyone else that uses Seasonic as an OEM? Do you work at a retailer that sell a decent volume of Seasonic products?

...and their overall build quality is consistently better than any other OEM.

Look for build quality scores of "10" on my site and you'll find plenty. Just because a company uses all Japanese brand caps doesn't make their product infallible.

Seasonic is very good quality. Certainly better than Sirfa, HEC, etc. But just not the best and that's really the point I'm trying to make. If you're happy with them and have had no issues, by all means stick with them. I just think it's really silly for some people to say "I don't understand why people buy anything other than Seasonic." I mean.... MIND = BLOWN. I don't see why anyone buys anything but Hyundai cars? How does that sound to you? ;)

Funky30Cro

I didn't say louder than any other PSU.

VERY incorrect. Seasonic is one of the few companies that use SanAce fans and the bearing clicking noise at low RPMs is more noticeable on those than any other. Also, every PSU company out there uses their own fan controller. Some fans ramp up much faster than others once the PSU reached a certain temperature.

It's a very common problem with the newer Seasonics that had to have the primary side redesigned to meet ErP 2013 standby efficiency standards.... and yes. I am jonnyGURU.

Seen where? Do you work in the industry? Do you work for Corsair or Cooler Master or anyone else that uses Seasonic as an OEM? Do you work at a retailer that sell a decent volume of Seasonic products?

Look for build quality scores of "10" on my site and you'll find plenty. Just because a company uses all Japanese brand caps doesn't make their product infallible.

Seasonic is very good quality. Certainly better than Sirfa, HEC, etc. But just not the best and that's really the point I'm trying to make. If you're happy with them and have had no issues, by all means stick with them. I just think it's really silly for some people to say "I don't understand why people buy anything other than Seasonic." I mean.... MIND = BLOWN. I don't see why anyone buys anything but Hyundai cars? How does that sound to you? ;)

Well i see now u are spiting on seasonic but i will never forget when u reviewed ss1000xp u died happily and gone to heaven on its 0.3% average voltage regulation ,i am reding your site for psu reviews for 10 years or more , and guess what i am using ss1000xp based on your review.

Thing is corsair does not make their psu ,nor then make they memory ,nor watercooling units ,nor usb sticks nor nothing they just stick their name on other s work so seasonic for me to ;)

You're an odd fellow. You registered just to bump a month old thread and put words in my mouth?

Well i see now u are spiting on seasonic but i will never forget when u reviewed ss1000xp u died happily and gone to heaven on its 0.3% average voltage regulation

First off... I never "spit on Seasonic."

Someone said that Seasonic made most PSUs, and that is factually incorrect.

That same person, however, also said that Seasonic PSUs tend to have loud fans. Someone else said that 90% of the time, most manufacturers use the same fan OEMs and models. That is also factually incorrect as Seasonic is one of the few, if not only manufacturers, that use San Ace fans and those fans often have a bearing click at low RPMs. And the fan controller's profile is very aggressive once the fan does kick in. And it's only the newer units that are ErP 2013 compliant also tend to buzz.

I did say that they are not the best, but when you have companies out there like Delta, Flextronics, Emerson, etc. making PSUs, one would be quite naive to say Seasonic is the best. You can LOVE Seasonic all you want and that's ok. But you're naive to think they're the best. I love Hyundai vehicles. Own two. But I'm not stupid enough to say "they're the best".

So is all that really spitting on Seasonic? Really?

Spitting on Seasonic would be saying they are shit, produce shit and die all the time. That would be a proper spitting. But I never said any of this. I merely said that they weren't perfect.... and they're not.

i am reding your site for psu reviews for 10 years or more , and guess what i am using ss1000xp based on your review.

Fantastic. But also learn to read by-lines. Jeremy wrote that review. Not me. And that review was written over three years ago.

The PSU did get a 9.7. And it was said that the PSU had the best voltage regulation "to date". Again, that was three years ago and many PSUs have scored as high or higher with tighter regulation. Also, that PSU wasn't ErP 2013 compliant, it is ErP 2010 compliant, and it doesn't have the primary buzzing sound that a lot of the newer units have.

So it's not a bad PSU. It's a GREAT PSU. But it's not the best and it's not perfect.... but it doesn't need to be, does it?

Thing is corsair does not make their psu ,nor then make they memory ,nor watercooling units ,nor usb sticks nor nothing they just stick their name on other s work so seasonic for me to ;)

Point? Nobody said Corsair actually makes anything. But I fail to see what that has to do with the price of labor in China. At the end of the day, someone has to design the PSU, get the PSU out to the consumer and warranty the PSU after the fact. Not many companies do all that as well as manufacture. Seasonic happens to be one of them and if that's your criteria for buying a product, more power to you.

And if you really think companies like Antec, Cooler Master, SilverStone, Corsair, etc. "just stick their name on other's work", please get a clue. You have no idea.