1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Corsair Hydro Series H50 Cooling Club

Discussion in 'TechPowerUp Club Forum' started by SonDa5, Sep 26, 2009.

1. codyjansen

codyjansen

Thanks Received:
    i have my pump plugged into my chassis fan connector. speedfan says my pump is running at ~1430 rpm

2. nt300

nt300

Thanks Received:
    Well that is better than my friends speed. He has it running at around 600rpm only and can't figure out why its running so slow. I'm going to e-mail this site to him. 1400 rpm is not bad at all.

3. Chicken Patty

Chicken Patty WCG Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    How fast does the corsair fan spin at full blast anyways?

4. pantherx12

pantherx12

Thanks Received:
    Should be 1450.

but its normal for things to be a little below or a little higher then their specs.

5. Flyordie

Flyordie New Member

Thanks Received:
    Alright, I will try to obtain a decent camera.. might have to borrow my moms DRII.

6. codyjansen

codyjansen

Thanks Received:
    speed fan says my corsair fan is at 1650rpm @100%

Chicken Patty says thanks.
  7. nt300

nt300

Thanks Received:
    And how about your pump speed?

8. codyjansen

codyjansen

Thanks Received:
    pump is at ~1440 rpm

9. Chicken Patty

Thanks Received:
    If Best Buy or Tiger/Comp USA have any in stock I'll be picking mine up this Friday. Woot woot :rockout:

10. nt300

nt300

Thanks Received:
    Now that a nice speed.:rockout:

11. ZenZimZaliben

ZenZimZaliben

Thanks Received:
    I am happy to see people giving this a try...for selfish reasons. I myself started my path.hobby in watercooling using the Corsiar HydroCool 200ex.

http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer...ydrocool-200-water-cooling-helps-pump-p4-7ghz

Not to long after I purchased it and learning more on watercooling and how powerfull it could be compared to air cooling. I started modding the box it came in. New Radiator then a new pump, then a new cpu block, then large hose.. Eventually it had 0 of the components that it came with and was cooling cpu/gpu/nb.

So get in to water cooling...you will get hooked...you will buy more high-end stuff and that will make prices lower for me! :toast:

10 Year Member at TPU
  12. Kei

Kei

Thanks Received:
    I don't rememer the fan speed exactly, but I know it was around 1600rpm. The pump speed was above 1400rpm, and I had it plugged into an adaptor for molex to ensure no throttling was going on from the motherboard. ;)

I am curious to know if any of you guy have lapped your waterblocks? If you have how much work did it take you, and what was the temp performance gain after doing so. When I tested the H50 that was easily the biggest thing I believe needed attention with the system. The overall base was very rough by my standards although it does provide a fair contact area.

I'd love to see one of these little units tested with a pair of Gentle Typhoon fans or similar high static pressure push/pull fan setup. I think it would do VERY well, when I tested it I only had a few case fans lying around that had very low static pressures.....very lol. Even still it produced very good temps with those fans though they were very far from optimal for this use. I'm sure the results would be significantly better with proper fans.

Kei

13. KieX

Thanks Received:
    I got mine in push/pull with 2x 1850rpm Gentle Typhoons. 24/7 crunching and games for weeks and temperatures stay around the low 50C which is about 15C more than idle. Linkpak64 will push it to about 60C but that's fine, considering that was the 24/7 temp of my TRUE (albeit with S-Flex rather than these GT).

Kei says thanks.
  14. Chicken Patty

Thanks Received:
    Kei actually tested this and sflex's don't so too great when used for rads or heatsink. Hopefully he'll throw some of his findings in here.

15. Chicken Patty

Thanks Received:
    Here is my setup with the H50 installed.

[​IMG]

Kei and Kantastic say thanks.
  16. Kantastic

Kantastic

Thanks Received:
    Sweet build, looks nice and clean. I'm debating whether or not I should buy the H50 again (never should've sold mine) or try out the new Domino ECO A.L.C. from CoolIt.

17. Pings

Pings New Member

Thanks Received:
    Stay away from the Domino's from CoolIt. They have a exploding problem. Yes I said exploding problems, not leaking. I did a Google search and found out I was not the only one to a exploding CoolIt cooler. Check of this pick, that piece of junk exploded in my face, like a wine bottle. On top of that I tried contacting CoolIt and they pretty muck said tough luck . Then I made a post on the CoolIt forum about what happened and they deleted it like it never happened. It sounds like Apple and CoolIt have something in common.

I've had my H50 for some time now. After tweaking the airflow of my new case and the airflow of the H50. It's the best CPU cooler I have even owned. Check out my setup I have the H50 setup like this: ⇇Fan⇇Shroud⇇H50⇇Fan. Adding a shroud seams to be the best mod you can do to the H50 temperature wise. The H50 kick the crap out of ever CPU cooler I have owned, over the Mega, True, Domino A.L.C., and the Zalman 9700NT.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here is my idle shroud test ambient temperature at 23°C.

[​IMG]

Chicken Patty says thanks.
    10 Year Member at TPU
  18. Chicken Patty

Thanks Received:
    Hey man thanks for this great post. Today when I get home I will try to invert the fan to blow outwards. Right now speeding up the fan doesn't do anything to the temps, I think it has to do with blowing air into the case instead of out. I'll see how that goes. I'll also be trying some other fans I have here and see how they work.

19. pantherx12

pantherx12

Thanks Received:
    My coolit system hasn't exploded yet :D

20. Kantastic

Kantastic

Thanks Received:
    Corsair backs their unit with a 2 year warranty and coverage for your entire system if the H50 leaks... HMMM!!!

I don't know, CoolIt's new cooler looks really similar to the H50 (although Masscool and Asetek came out with this idea first). If I had money I would buy all of them and compare the Masscool vs. Asetek vs. Corsair vs. CoolIt.

21. Chicken Patty

Thanks Received:
    I had not read about Corsairs warranty yet, pretty good.

Has anybody compared temp difference from the TIM that the Corsair brings pre applied to a third party TIM?

22. pantherx12

pantherx12

Thanks Received:
    unrelated to corsair

[​IMG]

Nice base on the new coolit coolers, you can buy them from their website already by the by.

23. Kantastic

Kantastic

Thanks Received:
    I saw the video on CoolIt's site, the guy swung the cooler by the pump round and round and it didn't break, he called it standard testing. If you notice the mounting screws, they're completely tool-less and do not require swapping out brackets, you can adjust the 4 little things sticking out of the pump/block to fit your socket.

24. Chicken Patty

Thanks Received:
    That looks nice :)

25. Chicken Patty

Thanks Received:
    Normal temps while browsing and jamming to some House. No time to screw around, dual Scythe's at full blast :rockout: One thing, it is ridiculously hot in my room, temps will only get better.

[​IMG]

Kei says thanks.