• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Corsair Hydro Series H80i GT

newtekie1

Semi-Retired Folder
Processor Intel Core i7 10850K@5.2GHz
Motherboard AsRock Z470 Taichi
Cooling Corsair H115i Pro w/ Noctua NF-A14 Fans
Memory 32GB DDR4-3600
Video Card(s) RTX 2070 Super
Storage 500GB SX8200 Pro + 8TB with 1TB SSD Cache
Display(s) Acer Nitro VG280K 4K 28"
Case Fractal Design Define S
Audio Device(s) Onboard is good enough for me
Power Supply eVGA SuperNOVA 1000w G3
Software Windows 10 Pro x64
From what I've heard from others the retail SP120 quiets are way better, but I have not seen them in person...

They aren't better, they are just quieter and perform worse because they run ~1000RPM slower than the High Performance SP120.

System Name Coffee Lake S
Processor i9-9900K
Motherboard MSI MEG Z390 ACE
Cooling Corsair H115i Platinum RGB
Memory Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3466 C16
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 2080 Ti XC2 Ultra
Storage Samsung 970 Pro M.2 512GB - Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD - WD Black 2TB HDD
Display(s) Dell P2715Q 27" 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz
Case Fractal Design Define R6
Power Supply Seasonic 860 watt Platinum
Mouse SteelSeries Rival 600
Keyboard Corsair K70 RGB MK.2
Software Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
Why no H80 or h80i included in comparison chart? I would think they performed similarly and it lets people know if the GT is worth the pricetag over the H80 or H80i.

I had a h80i never used the corsair link software, Had it installed once then uninstalled it not long after.

Someone complained about 'mandatory' software that needs to be installed.... You dont need to force yourself to install the software unless you really want to - I always had the pump going at pretty much whatever the speed it came at by default and never had an issue. In fact, i had no idea you could change the pump speed at all.

Worked well cooling an overvolted and overclocked 3930k but ive since upgraded to a H105 recently along with a newer/better case to better suit the hotter weather that we in the UK will be getting shortly.

Indeed sir -he should have done that. I have the "regular" H80i and I can tell you I am unimpressed with his idle temps. Right now idling, according to RealTemp my i7 4790k (running at 4.6GHz) is at 24/23/21/22 (C). My fans are running normally and I never really found them to be that noisy. Even under heavy load I'm not bothered by them. My ambient is about the same as his as well, and it's summer here. Hot outside! I wonder what TIM he used? I use MX-4 with great results.

By the way, I don't use the Corsair link software. It is crap and caused a slew of errors in my Event viewer and even crashed my system once. I uninstalled it and haven't looked back. The unit works great without it. I'll have to say - I have been extremely happy with my H80i, so I'm sure the H80i GT is a fine product, but not much of an improvement over the older model it would seem.

Last edited:
I miss comparisons with Corsairs previous same 120mm/2 fan models , to proof that it is im-proofed.
I also do not find what is "improved" with installation, looks like good-old-Corsair system, just like mine.

Then i believe one can just use it without Corsair software and USB connection. Why they make everything overcomplex is a mistery (marketing and everything now needs an "i" in the name, etc)...

Thanks man!

Edit: I have those "bad" stock fans running at "standard" BIOS fan profile, that means 1400rpm and it is silent and temps are very low. And under stress 1550 rpm, also silent enough. (4400Mhz 4790K)

I came back to this Review because I finally bought this model. It is bigger and nicer than the old version. Fans are loud. I was looking for high performance more silent fans here... Still searching...

zenstrive

I'm just curious about this cooler when handling an overclocked Ryzen R7 cpu...