• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

CORSAIR Hydro X Custom Watercooling Lineup (Mostly) Revealed

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
Why is it that each time something leaks from CORSAIR, it is from one of their resellers? This time, it was France-based LDLC who decided to show off an entire system filled with parts from CORSAIR's upcoming Hydro X business unit at Paris Games Week recently. This is our first look at CORSAIR's entry to custom watercooling, which was teased a couple of months ago, and looks like the inevitable launch will be sooner rather than later.

This entire venture started off with drama of its own, involving key personnel jumping ship from EK Waterblocks to CORSAIR about a year ago, and many were curious as to what this meant in terms of new options to the market. We will go through the photos one by one to identify and comment on all the parts, so be sure to click the full story as we dig deeper into the individual parts.

First up, the CPU water block. Designed in a similar manner to their new Hydro Platinum series of closed loop liquid coolers, we see what appears to be an acrylic top surrounded by an aluminium trim. The block form factor is larger than average, going by the other hardware used in the build, and there are addressable RGB LEDs integrated within for lighting support. The cooling engine itself is encompassed in a smaller circular region, with what appears to be a typical split central-inlet flow design as with just about any modern CPU block. Two G1/4" threaded ports greet us on the front, and the build system uses soft tubing with what may well be CORSAIR-branded nickel-plated brass compression fittings. It remains to be seen whether the tubing and coolant are also part of the company's offerings or outsourced at this point.

The GPU block is very interesting to see, with a design that is again distinctly CORSAIR while still being different enough from the rest of the market to carve out its own identity. Indeed, the I/O terminal at the top has the Hydro X series badge on it and looks like a CORSAIR Dominator Platinum RAM stick. On the side is the CORSAIR logo, lit up in more addressable RGB fashion, along with the block top which also appears to follow the CPU block design with an acrylic top and a metal cover. This style was adopted by Watercool, and then Phanteks, although it was popular among modders before. Once more we can see the cooling engine clearly here, although CORSAIR appears to have chosen a linear flow path this time with the coolant entering the block, going through microfins over the VRAM and GPU (this is clearly not an HBM implementation on the GeForce RTX PCB in question), on to the VRMs and then exiting the block. There appears to be a flow indicator by the VRM side, but it is unclear from the images at this point. The metal cover appears to be finned, although this is likely more for aesthetics than for function given this is a full cover block.

The reservoir and pump are integrated in a single piece in the build, and will likely be how they will be offered in the initial run. An integrated pump and reservoir work best for newcomers who do not have to worry about where to place the pump, the order of components in the loop, and accounting for additional space for the two if separate. As it stands, the reservoir appears to be acrylic again (the light diffraction through the reservoir would be different if it was glass), with a more rectangular cubiod shape than a cylinder (although this is more of a non-uniform octagon), and acetal tops for the reservoir and pump with more G1/4" threaded ports. More RGB to be seen here, including a small lit up logo on the top by the return and feed ports.

We do not yet know when these will be announced, and then released for purchase after that. CES is coming up, and it is a good place to debut the entire portfolio if CORSAIR decides to do so. The photos also do not reveal much about the radiator used, so that is another question mark currently. Given how they have focused on having iCUE be the unifying driver for their ecosystem this year, there is no doubt that all the lighting here will be controlled by iCUE to match the rest of the system if you have CORSAIR fans, LED strips, and peripherals. Similarly, we may see integrated temperature sensors in the blocks akin to their AIO coolers to allow for pump and fan control based on these measurements. Performance is an unknown, so let us know what you think about the design of these components as they currently are.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

System Name Batman's CaseLabs Mercury S8 Work Computer
Processor 8086K 5.3Ghz binned delidded by Siliconlottery.com 5.5Ghz 6c12t 5.6Ghz 6c6t on ambient air
Motherboard EVGA Z390 DARK
Cooling Noctua C14S for all overclocking so far Noctua Industrial PWM fan 2000rpm rated (700rpm inaudible)
Memory Gskill Trident Z Royal Silver F4-4600C18D-16GTRS running at 4500Mhz 17-17-17-37 (new mem OC) : )
Video Card(s) AMD WX 4100 Workstation Card (AMD W5400 7nm workstation card coming soon)
Storage Intel Optane 900P 280GB PCIe card as Primary OS drive / (4) Samsung 860Pro 256GB SATA internal
Display(s) Planar 27in 2560x1440 Glossy LG panel with glass bonded to panel for increased clarity
Case CaseLabs Mercury S8 open bench chassis two-tone black front cover with gunmetal frame
Audio Device(s) Creative $25 2.1 speakers lol
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Titanium 700watt fanless
Mouse Logitech MX Master 3 graphite / Glorious Model D matte black / Razer Invicta mousing mat gunmetal
Keyboard HHKB Hybrid Type-S black printed keycaps
Software Work Apps text and statistical
Benchmark Scores Single Thread scores at 5.6Ghz: Cinebench R15 ST - 249 CPU-Z ST - 676 PassMark CPU ST - 3389
please delete.

Last edited:
System Name Gentoo64 /w Cold Coffee
Processor 9900K 5.2GHz @1.312v
Motherboard MXI APEX
Cooling Raystorm Pro + 1260mm Super Nova
Memory 2x16GB TridentZ 4000-14-14-28-2T @1.6v
Video Card(s) RTX 4090 LiquidX Barrow 3015MHz @1.1v
Storage 660P 1TB, 860 QVO 2TB
Display(s) LG C1 + Predator XB1 QHD
Case Open Benchtable V2
Audio Device(s) SB X-Fi
Power Supply MSI A1000G
Mouse G502
Keyboard G815
Software Gentoo/Windows 10
Benchmark Scores Always only ever very fast
You can already put a great custom loop together for the same price as one of their top-end AIOs. Wonder how overpriced this will be.

With regard to "It remains to be seen whether the tubing and coolant are also part of the company's offerings or outsourced at this point. " What does Corsair actually sell that is not outsourced to an OEM at this point ?

Jesus...they did an awful job. They're going for aesthetics so I just don't understand how they made this 'rig' look so bad with that watercooling. Oh well.

This genuinely looks awful. Cheap and tacky. But it will cost the moon. Absurd.

My guess would be lower quality, higher RGB, higher price and extreme hype.

System Name Rainbow Puke Machine :D
Processor Intel Core i5-11400 (MCE enabled, PL removed)
Motherboard ASUS STRIX B560-G GAMING WIFI mATX
Cooling Corsair H60i RGB PRO XT AIO + HD120 RGB (x3) + SP120 RGB PRO (x3) + Commander PRO
Memory Corsair Vengeance RGB RT 2 x 8GB 3200MHz DDR4 C16
Video Card(s) Zotac RTX2060 Twin Fan 6GB GDDR6 (Stock)
Storage Corsair MP600 PRO 1TB M.2 PCIe Gen4 x4 SSD
Display(s) LG 29WK600-W Ultrawide 1080p IPS Monitor (primary display)
Case Corsair iCUE 220T RGB Airflow (White) w/Lighting Node CORE + Lighting Node PRO RGB LED Strips (x4).
Audio Device(s) ASUS ROG Supreme FX S1220A w/ Savitech SV3H712 AMP + Sonic Studio 3 suite
Power Supply Corsair RM750x 80 Plus Gold Fully Modular
Mouse Corsair M65 RGB FPS Gaming (White)
Keyboard Corsair K60 PRO RGB Mechanical w/ Cherry VIOLA Switches
VR HMD Pico 4 128GB AIO VR Headset* (* = in consideration of getting one)
Software Windows 10 Professional x64 (Update 22H2)
Just love to see all the hate when none of the folks here has yet to preview the kit themselves, let alone get a spot at reviewing the product. Salty, jealous pricks showing their ugly side yet again. Pls, if you people have so much time to hate a certain product, how about YOU go to Corsair's office & flash a hate placard? No? oh I forgot... y'all are a bunch of wussies.

System Name Senile
Processor I7-4790K@4.8 GHz 24/7
Motherboard MSI Z97-G45 Gaming
Cooling Be Quiet Pure Rock Air
Memory 16GB 4x4 G.Skill CAS9 2133 Sniper
Video Card(s) GIGABYTE Vega 64
Storage Samsung EVO 500GB / 8 Different WDs / QNAP TS-253 8GB NAS with 2x10Tb WD Blue
Display(s) 34" LG 34CB88-P 21:9 Curved UltraWide QHD (3440*1440) *FREE_SYNC*
Case Rosewill
Audio Device(s) Onboard + HD HDMI
Power Supply Corsair HX750
Mouse Logitech G5
Keyboard Corsair Strafe RGB & G610 Orion Red
Software Win 10
Just love to see all the hate when none of the folks here has yet to preview the kit themselves, let alone get a spot at reviewing the product. Salty, jealous pricks showing their ugly side yet again. Pls, if you people have so much time to hate a certain product, how about YOU go to Corsair's office & flash a hate placard? No? oh I forgot... y'all are a bunch of wussies.

Show as the way and pre-order it now.

Processor Ryzen 5800X
Motherboard Asus TUF-Gaming B550-Plus
Cooling Noctua NH-U14S
Memory 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo F4-3600C16D-32GTZNC
Video Card(s) Sapphire Radeon Rx 580 Nitro+ 8GB
Storage HP EX950 512GB + Samsung 970 PRO 1TB
Display(s) HP Z Display Z24i G2
Case Fractal Design Define R6 Black
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster AE-5
Power Supply Seasonic PRIME Ultra 650W Gold
Mouse Roccat Kone AIMO Remastered
Software Windows 10 x64
Those my little pony colours are killing me.

LOL, how can you imagine people would be jealous of that? And LOL again, like people are going to drive all the way to Corsair's office that's god knows where. You could go on their forums BUT I have visited there and their Nazi mods don't allow any sort of negativity in regards to their products and their support is a joke. When you have a legitimate problem with one of their products they claim they've never heard of any issues and try to wipe the threads on their forums.

Are you employed by Corsair? If you are then tell them to hire a new builder, one that can make their product look appealing aesthetically since we all know that's what they're going for here.

System Name Rainbow Puke Machine :D
Processor Intel Core i5-11400 (MCE enabled, PL removed)
Motherboard ASUS STRIX B560-G GAMING WIFI mATX
Cooling Corsair H60i RGB PRO XT AIO + HD120 RGB (x3) + SP120 RGB PRO (x3) + Commander PRO
Memory Corsair Vengeance RGB RT 2 x 8GB 3200MHz DDR4 C16
Video Card(s) Zotac RTX2060 Twin Fan 6GB GDDR6 (Stock)
Storage Corsair MP600 PRO 1TB M.2 PCIe Gen4 x4 SSD
Display(s) LG 29WK600-W Ultrawide 1080p IPS Monitor (primary display)
Case Corsair iCUE 220T RGB Airflow (White) w/Lighting Node CORE + Lighting Node PRO RGB LED Strips (x4).
Audio Device(s) ASUS ROG Supreme FX S1220A w/ Savitech SV3H712 AMP + Sonic Studio 3 suite
Power Supply Corsair RM750x 80 Plus Gold Fully Modular
Mouse Corsair M65 RGB FPS Gaming (White)
Keyboard Corsair K60 PRO RGB Mechanical w/ Cherry VIOLA Switches
VR HMD Pico 4 128GB AIO VR Headset* (* = in consideration of getting one)
Software Windows 10 Professional x64 (Update 22H2)
@Th3pwn3r maybe? then again, how sure are your claims that the mods are "nut-zees"? Are you sure that you are actually one instead? If so, show some screenshots or I call that a lie, like how orange head of a "president" you have lies to the world.
@mak1skav u mean "us"?? pls fix your grammar before commenting, kid.

Processor Ryzen 5800X
Motherboard Asus TUF-Gaming B550-Plus
Cooling Noctua NH-U14S
Memory 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo F4-3600C16D-32GTZNC
Video Card(s) Sapphire Radeon Rx 580 Nitro+ 8GB
Storage HP EX950 512GB + Samsung 970 PRO 1TB
Display(s) HP Z Display Z24i G2
Case Fractal Design Define R6 Black
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster AE-5
Power Supply Seasonic PRIME Ultra 650W Gold
Mouse Roccat Kone AIMO Remastered
Software Windows 10 x64
@mak1skav u mean "us"?? pls fix your grammar before commenting, kid.
Grammar talk from someone who types "u", "pls", and has no clue that a sentence starts with a capital letter.
That's easily in the top 3 most hillarious things I've seen this week.

His original post about the hate speech was more hilarious. These fanboys are getting out of control these days, they act like the companies are giving their products away for free so no one can criticize them.

His original post about the hate speech was more hilarious. These fanboys are getting out of control these days, they act like the companies are giving their products away for free so no one can criticize them.

He's probably just going through with trolling all day long across random forums hoping for a bite. You can kind of tell by his insult on Trump , he's trying to pull pro Trump people into the mix too.

Chloefile

S.T.A.R.S.
System Name 4K-gaming
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
Motherboard Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite
Cooling Custom loop (CPU+GPU, 240 & 120 rads)
Memory 32GB Kingston HyperX Fury @ DDR4-3466
Video Card(s) PowerColor RX 6700 XT Fighter
Storage ~4TB SSD + 6TB HDD
Display(s) Acer 27" 4K120 IPS + Lenovo 32" 4K60 IPS
Case Fractal Design Define Mini C
Audio Device(s) Asus TUF H3 Wireless
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse Logitech MX518 Legendary
Keyboard Roccat Vulcan 121 AIMO
VR HMD Oculus Rift CV1
Software Windows 11 Pro
Benchmark Scores It runs Crysis remastered at 4K
At least there's hoses instead of those ugly tubes which everyone seems to use these days.

I didn't have a comment on the hardware, just playfully tweaked the author a bit on a bit of the wording. However, it would seem that the general tone is the reaction to yet another "look at our new thing ... it has RGB" and users wanting their 4 minutes of their life back for reading a press release that says absolutely nothing that would have an impact on whether they would buy it. "Hi we're Ford, we will put out some new trucks soon, they have pretty colors and we put in automatic trannmissions cause some people can't drive sticks." If you are going to put out a press release, list the product materials right there up front cause if it has an aluminum radiator, we can stop reading since it will be yet another poor performing loud CLC that can't compete with air coolers or any AIO that doesn't have a built in science experiment / galvanic corrosopn cell inside.

System Name Intel® X99 Wellsburg
Processor Intel® Core™ i7-5820K - 4.5GHz
Motherboard ASUS Rampage V E10 (1801)
Cooling EK RGB Monoblock + EK XRES D5 Revo Glass PWM
Memory CMD16GX4M4A2666C15
Video Card(s) ASUS GTX1080Ti Poseidon
Storage Samsung 970 EVO PLUS 1TB /850 EVO 1TB / WD Black 2TB
Display(s) Samsung P2450H
Case Lian Li PC-O11 WXC
Audio Device(s) CREATIVE Sound Blaster ZxR
Power Supply EVGA 1200 P2 Platinum
Mouse Logitech G900 / SS QCK
Keyboard Deck 87 Francium Pro
Software Windows 10 Pro x64
From now I only buy German watercooling parts, Watercool.de.
In them I recognize quality and I like some solutions they made, but mostly is quality.
First RGB parts will be excluded from anything. RGB Camouflage everything nice hardware enthusiasts like to see and give cheap Asian look to very expensive parts.
From distance with many RGB lights you will very hard recognize what's inside and how much that cost.
Is it ASUS Strix worth 220$ or Rampage VI Extreme worth 600$. Is it PC-O11 Dynamic worth 150$ or PC-O11 ROG Edition worth 300$.
You will not recognize shiny aluminum case worth 400$ because some RGB blink you in face and distract attention.
You will not recognize of quality of build parts, only shine, shine like Las Vegas or Asian Fair.