• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

CORSAIR K100 AIR Wireless Mechanical Gaming Keyboard

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
CORSAIR partners with Cherry for an exclusive first use of the MX Ultra Low Profile switches in a standalone keyboard! The new K100 AIR is a wireless keyboard with more features than you can imagine being packed inside its slim body, but with a price tag that is equally hard to look past.

Show full review

System Name The Little One
Processor i5-11320H @4.4GHZ
Motherboard AZW SEI
Cooling Fan w/heat pipes + side & rear vents
Memory 64GB Crucial DDR4-3200 (2x 32GB)
Video Card(s) Iris XE
Storage WD Black SN850X 4TB m.2, Seagate 2TB SSD + SN850 4TB x2 in an external enclosure
Display(s) 2x Samsung 43" & 2x 32"
Case Practically identical to a mac mini, just purrtier in slate blue, & with 3x usb ports on the front !
Audio Device(s) Yamaha ATS-1060 Bluetooth Soundbar & Subwoofer
Power Supply 65w brick
Mouse Logitech MX Master 2
Keyboard Logitech G613 mechanical wireless
Software Windows 10 pro 64 bit, with all the unnecessary background shitzu turned OFF !
Benchmark Scores PDQ
Agreed, a nice clicker, but WAY too rich for my blood :)

Thanks Corsair, but I will stick with my G613's for just a bit longer.....and could get like 4 new ones (if needed) for less than 1 of these !

Think I'll stick with my very similar-specced Logi G915 Lightspeed, which I already got working with OpenRGB.

Does this also have pouch battery(non user replaceable)? Unless Corsair is going to provide option to purchase replacement batteries not worth getting these wireless keyboards.

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
Does this also have pouch battery(non user replaceable)? Unless Corsair is going to provide option to purchase replacement batteries not worth getting these wireless keyboards.
You can't even remove the keycaps easily so how is anyone able to disassemble the keyboard to change the battery? The pouch battery point is not a practical issue here when there are more larger ones.

You can't even remove the keycaps easily so how is anyone able to disassemble the keyboard to change the battery? The pouch battery point is not a practical issue here when there are more larger ones.
It would be easy to engineer a battery door(either screw in or snap lock) at the base to replace batteries towards the end of life. With RGB and mechanical keys, battery life is generally quite atrocious for these products and batteries dont last forever irrespective of their size. I remember one of EVGA keyboard has proximity sensor so if these wireless keyboards could copy that(instead of RGB lighting) to maximize battery life it would certainly help in extending battery life a little bit.

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
It would be easy to engineer a battery door(either screw in or snap lock) at the base to replace batteries towards the end of life. With RGB and mechanical keys, battery life is generally quite atrocious for these products and batteries dont last forever irrespective of their size. I remember one of EVGA keyboard has proximity sensor so if these wireless keyboards could copy that(instead of RGB lighting) to maximize battery life it would certainly help in extending battery life a little bit.
This keyboard has adaptive brightness for the LEDs so that actually helps with battery life even with RGB on. It is one of the few wireless keyboards that I am actually fine with in that regard, especially for the size of the keyboard.

System Name Bragging Rights
Processor Atom Z3735F 1.33GHz
Motherboard It has no markings but it's green
Cooling No, it's a 2.2W processor
Memory 2GB DDR3L-1333
Video Card(s) Gen7 Intel HD (4EU @ 311MHz)
Storage 32GB eMMC and 128GB Sandisk Extreme U3
Display(s) 10" IPS 1280x800 60Hz
Case Veddha T2
Audio Device(s) Apparently, yes
Power Supply Samsung 18W 5V fast-charger
Mouse MX Anywhere 2
Keyboard Logitech MX Keys (not Cherry MX at all)
VR HMD Samsung Oddyssey, not that I'd plug it into this though....
Software W10 21H1, barely
Benchmark Scores I once clocked a Celeron-300A to 564MHz on an Abit BE6 and it scored over 9000.
1664916358813.png

Corsair are no longer a company I bother looking at for peripherals. Typically poor value and dissatisfying - I can live with either of those things but not both at the same time. I'll stick to treating them as a PSU company until they make something that doesn't feel like a bad deal.

Thanks for the review.

It's unfortunate this keyboard has so many cons for the price.

System Name Personal rig & Folder
Processor R9 5900X (VRM-B2) @ 180W/160A/140A | Mfg Wk03/2022
Motherboard Gigabyte B550 Aorus Pro V2
Cooling Thermalright PA120 w/ 3x P12, MX-6
Memory 2x16GB Crucial Ballistix 8Gbit Rev.E (DR) @ 3800CL15-18-8-17-34-54-540-1T @ 1.45v, 1900MHz FCLK
Video Card(s) PowerColor Red Devil 6600XT @ C2800MHz/M2300MHz (Samsung) @ 192W TGP | MX-6, TP-3
Storage 1x SK hynix Gold P31 1TB (boot), 1x 2TB TeamGroup MP33 Pro, 1x 4TB Seagate Ironwolf HDD 5900RPM
Display(s) 1x Gigabyte M27Q, 1x Dell 2007WFP, 1x Dell E152FPg
Case Phanteks P500A (non-digital) w/ 4x 140mm Arctic P14 PWM PST CO fans
Audio Device(s) FiiO E10K-TC (USB) -> beyerdynamic DT770 Pro (80ohm)
Power Supply Super Flower Leadex III Gold 750W
Mouse Logitech G203
Keyboard Kingston HyperX Core RGB
Software W10 Pro
Benchmark Scores https://hwbot.org/user/machinelearning/ ~ https://hwbot.org/team/warp9_systems/
View attachment 264216

Corsair are no longer a company I bother looking at for peripherals. Typically poor value and dissatisfying - I can live with either of those things but not both at the same time. I'll stick to treating them as a PSU company until they make something that doesn't feel like a bad deal.
Jon Gerow is the glue holding it all together over there. I'm not sure Corsair has any truly great products (considering quality/value) except for their PSUs. Even Corsair memory is mediocre.

I've been waiting for this keyboard since they announced it, but 280 is waay too much. I was expecting it to be around 100-150. Wth is Corsair thinking?

kha

I was eager to try this keyboard, but it's 300 Euro for the moment. Maybe next year on Black Friday it'll have a decent price.

I was considering this keyboard for the switches and that you don't need a wrist rest.
Lately, there are keyboards where you can set the actuation point, but I usually bottom out in games I feel that tall keys add a delay.

@VSG I'm curios if you tried it for gaming, how was it?

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
I was eager to try this keyboard, but it's 300 Euro for the moment. Maybe next year on Black Friday it'll have a decent price.

I was considering this keyboard for the switches and that you don't need a wrist rest.
Lately, there are keyboards where you can set the actuation point, but I usually bottom out in games I feel that tall keys add a delay.

@VSG I'm curios if you tried it for gaming, how was it?
The switches are inherently faster owing to the shorter down/upstrokes but they are stiff and the tactile bump can get in the way of multi-taps in quick succession. I'd say this is better suited for slower games with deliberate actions such as Civ rather than racing or FPS.