• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

CORSAIR K60 RGB PRO Keyboard + Arctic White PBT Keycaps

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
CORSAIR and Cherry have enjoyed a long collaboration, and it continues with the new Cherry VIOLA switches used in new CORSAIR K60 PRO keyboards. We take a look at the K60 RGB PRO today, which is also a name update to CORSAIR's first-ever keyboard from nearly a decade ago!

Show full review

That grease in the contacts, looks like it is there to prevent oxidation in the long term - if it was conductive, you would have shorts there, since the grease literally covers both contacts at the same time.

Processor i9-9900K
Motherboard ASRock Z390 Taichi Ultimate
Cooling NZXT Kraken X72
Memory 64GB Ballistix Elite DDR4-3200
Video Card(s) x2 Nvidia RTX 2080 Ti Founders Editions
Storage 1TB Samsung 970 Pro NVME, 1TB WD Black NVME, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 10TB WD Gold HDD
Display(s) Viotek GN32DB 32" 1440p, 144Hz, Acer ET430K 43" 4K 60Hz
Case Fractal Define R6
Audio Device(s) Sennheiser GSP-600 Headset, Creative Labs Sound BlasterX Katana Under-Monitor Soundbar/Subwoofer
Power Supply Corsair HX-1050
Mouse Logitech G Pro HERO
Keyboard Input Club Kira
Hey VSG, great review, as always. I have a general question that I've been curious about... how do you go about taking the pictures for these reviews? Love the infinite white background. Are you using a white box, macro lens setup? Would love to hear more about how you do what you do.

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
That grease in the contacts, looks like it is there to prevent oxidation in the long term - if it was conductive, you would have shorts there, since the grease literally covers both contacts at the same time.
Ah of course, thanks for reminding me I was dumb there. I have updated that sentence accordingly!

Hey VSG, great review, as always. I have a general question that I've been curious about... how do you go about taking the pictures for these reviews? Love the infinite white background. Are you using a white box, macro lens setup? Would love to hear more about how you do what you do.
Back when things were much cleaner and emptier in that room, aka just under an year ago:

1631731986094.png

Hope that helps clarify things, but essentially it is four stands in total with two for lights and two to hold the white paper backdrop suspended over a metal rod. The camera setup itself involves a mix of the Canon EF 24-105 mm f/4L IS (gen 1) and Canon EF 100 mm f/2.8L IS Macro lenses on an ancient Canon 7D SLR body. Processing is 99% on Adobe Lightroom Classic.