• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

CORSAIR K63 Wireless Mechanical Keyboard

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
CORSAIR joins the higher-end wireless keyboard market with the K63 Wireless, a TKL mechanical keyboard with Cherry MX Red switches, configurable blue backlight, a reliable and powerful software driver, and fast wireless response times despite the industry standard encryption that has been built in for security. At $110, it aims to provide convenience, features, and performance without breaking the bank.

Show full review

Last edited by a moderator:
I purchased this board along with the Lapboard and also their dark base pro mouse. None of it works together wirelessly. I updated to the newest firmware and software as well. Constant hang ups, disconnects and random inputs. I can see either the board or mouse losing signal constantly while using Corsair's software.

For fixes I tried all USB port configurations and at one point it was working decently. It wasn't perfect but worked most of the time but that was short lived. Right now I use my wireless mouse with an extension cable and the keyboard is wireless through the dongle connect to a USB extension cable. It's awful lol. I had to hide the extensions under the couch but it's the only fix I have found to be usable. I should try the entire setup on another computer though...I just now thought of that. That being said I hope others have better luck and I will update after some testing later. Oh and the software doesn't like to engage settings for the mouse sometimes, not sure what that's about.

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
I purchased this board along with the Lapboard and also their dark base pro mouse. None of it works together wirelessly. I updated to the newest firmware and software as well. Constant hang ups, disconnects and random inputs. I can see either the board or mouse losing signal constantly while using Corsair's software.

For fixes I tried all USB port configurations and at one point it was working decently. It wasn't perfect but worked most of the time but that was short lived. Right now I use my wireless mouse with an extension cable and the keyboard is wireless through the dongle connect to a USB extension cable. It's awful lol. I had to hide the extensions under the couch but it's the only fix I have found to be usable. I should try the entire setup on another computer though...I just now thought of that. That being said I hope others have better luck and I will update after some testing later. Oh and the software doesn't like to engage settings for the mouse sometimes, not sure what that's about.

I have been having those random disconnection issues with the mouse, but not the keyboard. The next article will be an overview of the entire wireless kit, and the mouse is definitely the biggest disappointment. For what it is worth, CORSAIR recommends using the front USB ports on a case for these if you have connection problems, but clearly you are beyond that since the extension cable also does not seem to be helping.

Well as of right now I have the board and mouse connected to my laptop which is very close by and I haven't had an issue yet. I wonder if it has to do with my PC case being near the Comcast cable modem/router. I don't know what else it could be right now. It HAS to be interference of some sort and it's not like I could shield the devices because then they wouldn't work -_-

Oh and to note, I did try the front USBs as well. I think I tried those to begin with. It's weird though, initially I had problems with the mouse but then I switched things around and the keyboard became the problem. I wonder if it's the two devices just fighting each other on the 2.4ghz band.

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
Well as of right now I have the board and mouse connected to my laptop which is very close by and I haven't had an issue yet. I wonder if it has to do with my PC case being near the Comcast cable modem/router. I don't know what else it could be right now. It HAS to be interference of some sort and it's not like I could shield the devices because then they wouldn't work -_-

Oh and to note, I did try the front USBs as well. I think I tried those to begin with. It's weird though, initially I had problems with the mouse but then I switched things around and the keyboard became the problem. I wonder if it's the two devices just fighting each other on the 2.4ghz band.

Try Bluetooth mode and see if that helps, it is likely the 2.4 GHz network from your router may be taking over the strongest channel leaving less room for the 2.4 GHz wireless connection for the peripherals.

I didn't try connecting through Bluetooth yet but it worked smoothly for about 30 minutes on my laptop without any issues. After I moved my router further away from my case the keyboard and mouse only had a few hiccups it seems. I can actually use the setup wirelessly now. I've noticed the keyboard dropping out a few times but I was able to play The Witcher 3 for about an hour straight without noticing any problem so I think it's most likely the router causing the issues.

System Name Powerspec G438
Processor Intel I7-10700K
Motherboard MSI Z490-A PRO (MS-7C75)
Cooling CoolerMaster MasterLiquid ML240L RGB
Memory 32 GB DDR4-3200
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 3070 FTW3 ULTRA GAMING (08G-P5-3767)
Storage SSD
Display(s) Samsung RU8000 55"
Case Lian Li LanCool 205 MESH
Audio Device(s) RealTek ALC892
Does anybody here think they can help me out with replacing the battery? Mine is not holding a charge like it used to and I'd rather not fork out for another KB especially because I do really like this one.

I can clearly see the specs of the battery within TPU's review of this keyboard, but I don't know exactly what kind of connector the battery uses to connect to the PCB.

Can one of the guys who did the tear down help me out here or maybe someone else reading this who might have the knowledge I need?

Thanks in advance.