• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Corsair Launches New K70 RGB MK.2 and STRAFE RGB MK.2 Mechanical Gaming Keyboards

CORSAIR , a world leader in PC gaming peripherals and enthusiast components, today announced the release of the new CORSAIR K70 RGB MK.2 and CORSAIR STRAFE RGB MK.2 range of mechanical gaming keyboards. Equipped with 100% Cherry MX high-quality mechanical keyswitches, the K70 RGB MK.2 RGB and STRAFE RGB MK.2 offer gamers a huge variety of switch type, including Cherry MX Red, MX Brown, MX Blue, Rapidfire MX Speed or MX Silent keyswitches.

Whichever switch you pick, the K70 RGB MK.2 RGB and STRAFE RGB MK.2 both offer the comprehensive set of features that gamers demand; per-key RGB backlighting, 8MB of onboard profile storage and dedicated media keys are just the start, all powered by new CORSAIR iCUE software to synchronize lighting and control across all your CORSAIR iCUE compatible devices. Staying true to the CORSAIR legacy for quality and choice, the K70 RGB MK.2 RGB and STRAFE RGB MK.2 are ready to make their mark.

With durable aluminum construction and vibrant RGB lighting, the K70 RGB MK.2 continues the formula that has made the K70 a favorite with gamers around the world, while offering more Cherry MX mechanical keyswitch choices than ever before. Alongside the linear movement of Cherry MX Red, the tactile feedback of Cherry MX Brown, and the Rapidfire Cherry MX Speed, K70 RGB MK.2 see the return of Cherry MX Blue, and for the first time, the low-noise keystroke of Cherry MX Silent, giving gamers more choice than ever when equipping their setup.

The K70 RGB MK.2's solid brushed aluminum frame is ready to withstand a lifetime of gaming, while keeping styling simple and refined, and every key is individually backlit with stunning individually addressable RGB backlighting, allowing for nearly limitless customization. New for the K70 RGB MK.2, you can now take lighting profiles and key macros or remaps with you thanks to 8MB of onboard storage and hardware playback or use CORSAIR iCUE software to synchronize lighting across your entire CORSAIR setup with a single click. Loaded with extras, from textured FPS and MOBA keycaps, to an included soft-touch wrist rest and USB pass-through port, the K70 RGB MK.2 combines the features and choice gamers demand.

By popular demand, today also sees the launch of the K70 RGB MK.2 SE. Clad in a silver anodized aluminum frame and boasting stunning white precision-molded double-shot keycaps that never fade, the K70 RGB MK.2 SE is made to stand out with an extra premium feel that comes through in every keypress.

The STRAFE RGB MK.2 and STRAFE RGB MK.2 MX Silent offer a low-noise mechanical keyboard option for those who demand silence. Cherry MX Silent keyswitches reduce noise by as much as 30%, helped by a durable casing and internal steel construction. Low noise doesn't mean less features, with STRAFE RGB MK.2 boasting vivid per-key RGB backlighting, 8MB of onboard profile storage, a detachable wrist rest and dedicated media keys. Powered by CORSAIR iCUE software, STRAFE RGB MK.2 synchronizes amazing lighting effects across your iCUE setup, wields powerful macros and remaps with ease and includes a host of extras to help make it your own. Whether you're streaming, playing games late into the night, or just don't want to disturb those around you, STRAFE RGB MK.2 is the strong silent type you've been looking for.

Specifications:

Availability, Warranty and Pricing
The full line-up of K70 RGB MK.2 and STRAFE RGB MK.2 mechanical keyboards is available immediately from the CORSAIR worldwide network of authorized retailers and distributors, as well as direct from the www.corsair.com webstore.

All K70 RGB MK.2 and STRAFE RGB MK.2 mechanical keyboards are backed by a two-year warranty, and the CORSAIR worldwide customer service and technical support network.

For up-to-date pricing of the K70 RGB MK.2 and STRAFE RGB MK.2, please refer to the CORSAIR website or contact your local CORSAIR sales or PR representative.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

System Name Miami
Processor Ryzen 3800X
Motherboard Asus Crosshair VII Formula
Cooling Ek Velocity/ 2x 280mm Radiators/ Alphacool fullcover
Memory F4-3600C16Q-32GTZNC
Video Card(s) XFX 6900 XT Speedster 0
Storage 1TB WD M.2 SSD/ 2TB WD SN750/ 4TB WD Black HDD
Display(s) DELL AW3420DW / HP ZR24w
Case Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL
Audio Device(s) EVGA Nu Audio
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Gold 1000W+750W
Mouse Corsair Scimitar/Glorious Model O-
Keyboard Corsair K95 Platinum
Software Windows 10 Pro
Is the silver finish one going to be an actual thing you can or something that only exists in pictures and you hear of people owning?

P.S Fyi, before anyone gets uppity and fishes out a link from somewhere that was the case when I bought mine awhile ago ...in black, so I no longer care how things have come along since I'm not shopping for a new kb.

MxPhenom 216

ASIC Engineer
System Name Ryzen Reflection
Processor AMD Ryzen 9 5900x
Motherboard Gigabyte X570S Aorus Master
Cooling 2x EK PE360 | TechN AM4 AMD Block Black | EK Quantum Vector Trinity GPU Nickel + Plexi
Memory Teamgroup T-Force Xtreem 2x16GB B-Die 3600 @ 14-14-14-28-42-288-2T 1.45v
Video Card(s) Zotac AMP HoloBlack RTX 3080Ti 12G | 950mV 1950Mhz
Storage WD SN850 500GB (OS) | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB (Games_1) | Samsung 970 Evo 1TB (Games_2)
Display(s) Asus XG27AQM 240Hz G-Sync Fast-IPS | Gigabyte M27Q-P 165Hz 1440P IPS | Asus 24" IPS (portrait mode)
Case Lian Li PC-011D XL | Custom cables by Cablemodz
Audio Device(s) FiiO K7 | Sennheiser HD650 + Beyerdynamic FOX Mic
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Ultra Platinum 850
Mouse Razer Viper v2 Pro
Keyboard Razer Huntsman Tournament Edition
Software Windows 11 Pro 64-Bit
My next keyboard, im thinking.

man, is it just me or has corsair's design language sort of gone down the tubes? Just my taste but I have an older Obsidian 550d case and first gen K70 keyboard, bought them because the design was simple and classy, pretty understated but "nice" looking, business casual almost haha. Idk i just feel like they don't have as unique as a position now in the market in regards to their new design choices, looks so much more gamery. The font on the keyboards for example smh.

System Name lazy ass
Processor Intel i5 7600k 4.2 GHz
Motherboard MSI Enthusiastic Gaming Z270 (Z270 GAMING M3)
Cooling H80i GT V1 liquid cooling
Memory CORSAIR VENGEANCE RGB PRO 32GB (4x8GB) DDR4 3600MHz
Video Card(s) Gigabyte AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 8G 11Gbps
Storage seagate 2tb HDD/boot drive SSD Samsung 960 evo M.2
Display(s) ASUS 28inch 4k
Case Corsair Graphite Series 760T
Audio Device(s) mobo
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA 750G1 750 watts
Mouse Razer Mamba wireless/ needs a new one razer sucks
Keyboard Corsair K68 RGB
Software Windows 10 home
Benchmark Scores to be updated soon
I'm happy with my k68 I just brought much better then my crappy razer keyboard razer synapse 3 is crap software can't get it to download or update

las

System Name Obsolete / Waiting for Zen 5 or Arrow Lake
Processor i9-9900K @ 5.2 GHz @ 1.35v / No AVX Offset
Motherboard AsRock Z390 Taichi
Cooling Custom Water
Memory 32GB G.Skill @ 4000/CL15
Video Card(s) Gainward RTX 4090 Phantom / Undervolt + OC
Storage Samsung 990 Pro 2TB + WD SN850X 1TB + 64TB NAS/Server
Display(s) 27" 1440p IPS @ 280 Hz + 77" QD-OLED @ 144 Hz VRR
Case Fractal Design Meshify C
Audio Device(s) Asus Essence STX / Upgraded Op-Amps
Power Supply Corsair RM1000x / Native 12VHPWR
Mouse Logitech G Pro Wireless Superlight
Keyboard Corsair K60 Pro / MX Low Profile Speed
Software Windows 10 Pro x64
Meh... Give me some Cherry MX Low Profile boards instead. Tired of tall keys.
Low profile is so much more comfortable and natural to use.

thing is another keyboard with the usb port sticking out like a sore thumb to accidently bump or snatch on and have it easy break the port off from the keyboards PCB ans end up with a bad lose or no solid connection ... for me I done learned that lesson on that / no sale .

don't get why that deal is not part od the thumbs down or mentioned . [opinion]

jonidimo

Corsair Keyboards are a piece of junk. People, please read all the comments in Amazon of the people that had been using it for several months. Leds fail, usb fail, keys are fragile, the software is a crap... not recommended at all.

Mussels

Freshwater Moderator
Staff member
System Name Rainbow Sparkles (Power efficient, <350W gaming load)
Processor Ryzen R7 5800x3D (Undervolted, 4.45GHz all core)
Motherboard Asus x570-F (BIOS Modded)
Cooling Alphacool Apex UV - Alphacool Eisblock XPX Aurora + EK Quantum ARGB 3090 w/ active backplate
Memory 2x32GB DDR4 3600 Corsair Vengeance RGB @3866 C18-22-22-22-42 TRFC704 (1.4V Hynix MJR - SoC 1.15V)
Video Card(s) Galax RTX 3090 SG 24GB: Underclocked to 1700Mhz 0.750v (375W down to 250W))
Storage 2TB WD SN850 NVME + 1TB Sasmsung 970 Pro NVME + 1TB Intel 6000P NVME USB 3.2
Display(s) Phillips 32 32M1N5800A (4k144), LG 32" (4K60) | Gigabyte G32QC (2k165) | Phillips 328m6fjrmb (2K144)
Case Fractal Design R6
Audio Device(s) Logitech G560 | Corsair Void pro RGB |Blue Yeti mic
Power Supply Fractal Ion+ 2 860W (Platinum) (This thing is God-tier. Silent and TINY)
Mouse Logitech G Pro wireless + Steelseries Prisma XL
Keyboard Razer Huntsman TE ( Sexy white keycaps)
VR HMD Oculus Rift S + Quest 2
Software Windows 11 pro x64 (Yes, it's genuinely a good OS) OpenRGB - ditch the branded bloatware!
Benchmark Scores Nyooom.
Corsair Keyboards are a piece of junk. People, please read all the comments in Amazon of the people that had been using it for several months. Leds fail, usb fail, keys are fragile, the software is a crap... not recommended at all.

i've got four corsair keyboards in the house, the only one with issues is some dead LED's because my toddler smashed it with one of his toys.
Softwares massively improved over time, and none of them have had any physical issues whatsoever.

Had more issues with razer keyboards than any other brand (dead keys, dead LEDs, utterly terrible software... flaws like when you enable the new chroma lighting and it forces it for ALL hardware not the one device, making it so you cant keep things independant)

K70 user here, working great for a long time now. Bought the double shot key caps too, but they let less light through. Obviously, because you can read this, the keyboard still works, but originally purchased the K95, and the audio scroll wheel was very rough and it had to be returned, exchanged it for the K70 and been smooth sailing ever since. Other than complexity, the CUE software does work.

There are probably people who do use the USB port on the keyboard, but having a keyboard with a thinner cable would be nice, or at least one with the option of no USB ports, don't really want 2 plugs for my keyboard with one dangling behind the back of the comp.

Other than the choice of keys, and colors, whats new about the Mk.2?

Mussels

Freshwater Moderator
Staff member
System Name Rainbow Sparkles (Power efficient, <350W gaming load)
Processor Ryzen R7 5800x3D (Undervolted, 4.45GHz all core)
Motherboard Asus x570-F (BIOS Modded)
Cooling Alphacool Apex UV - Alphacool Eisblock XPX Aurora + EK Quantum ARGB 3090 w/ active backplate
Memory 2x32GB DDR4 3600 Corsair Vengeance RGB @3866 C18-22-22-22-42 TRFC704 (1.4V Hynix MJR - SoC 1.15V)
Video Card(s) Galax RTX 3090 SG 24GB: Underclocked to 1700Mhz 0.750v (375W down to 250W))
Storage 2TB WD SN850 NVME + 1TB Sasmsung 970 Pro NVME + 1TB Intel 6000P NVME USB 3.2
Display(s) Phillips 32 32M1N5800A (4k144), LG 32" (4K60) | Gigabyte G32QC (2k165) | Phillips 328m6fjrmb (2K144)
Case Fractal Design R6
Audio Device(s) Logitech G560 | Corsair Void pro RGB |Blue Yeti mic
Power Supply Fractal Ion+ 2 860W (Platinum) (This thing is God-tier. Silent and TINY)
Mouse Logitech G Pro wireless + Steelseries Prisma XL
Keyboard Razer Huntsman TE ( Sexy white keycaps)
VR HMD Oculus Rift S + Quest 2
Software Windows 11 pro x64 (Yes, it's genuinely a good OS) OpenRGB - ditch the branded bloatware!
Benchmark Scores Nyooom.
RGB corsair logo and new marketing on the box for ICUE, lol