1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Cougar Armor Gaming Chair

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by crmaris, Sep 11, 2017.

1. crmaris

crmaris Reviewer

Thanks Received:
    Cougar decided to enter the gaming chair market with the help of pro gamers, which led to the creation of their Armor gaming chair. Its mid-range price of $250 and automobile seat bucket design make this chair a tempting proposition.

To read this review go to: https://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Cougar/Armor_Gaming_Chair/

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2017
  2. bug

Thanks Received:
    Gaming. Chair. o_O

3. Frick

Frick Fishfaced Nincompoop

Thanks Received:
    A good chair is a good chair no matter the color scheme. As to wether the normal gaming chairs are good chairs I do not know though.

10 Year Member at TPU
  4. bug

Thanks Received:
    I was afraid this thing will snipe or raid in your place.

5. HouBa

Thanks Received:
    Cons: 120 kg limit

c'mon guys. If some one weighs 120 Kg (except Nathan Jones), he should be on a strict diet and not playing video games...:fear:

6. Static~Charge

Static~Charge

Thanks Received:
    "the upholstery that covers the areas that touch the body is made out of breathable PVC leather that appears to be of good quality."

Is this some new kind of bio-engineered cow? ;)

If it's made with PVC, then it isn't leather. "Artificial leatherette" or "pleather" would be a more accurate description.

crmaris and Steevo say thanks.
  7. bug

Thanks Received:
    When you put it like this, that weight limit is a pro ;)

8. TheinsanegamerN

Thanks Received:
    Thats only 265 pounds. Not a healthy weight, but not unsightly like your emoji character suggests.

120kg is nothing like boogie2983 size (226kg), where a "strict diet" is indeed needed.

9. T4C Fantasy

T4C Fantasy CPU & GPU DB Maintainer

Thanks Received:
    I like fat gamers, dedication is what wins games right xD

10. Xpect

Thanks Received:
    That is mean. I gained 20kg in the last year, simply because I finally got a job, was not forced to eat only one very tiny meal a day and also because my job mainly involves sitting and waiting for customers.
    And that puts me at 120kg already. On another note, most people guess I'm just around 100kg because I'm also relatively muscular and the excess fat is placed equally around my body so not only belly and nothing else.

11. Steevo

Steevo

Thanks Received:
    As a big (muscular) guy at 107Kg, nope, I will stick with going to an office supply company and trying many chairs before buying a

1) Leather
    2) Leather
    3) Leather
    4) Comfort
    5) High Back
    6) Headrest
    7) Wide enough for my shoulders
    8) Perforated leather
    9) Leather armrest covering
    10) Cow hide so I can eat a steak while sitting in my chair and make full use of the animal.

Athlonite says thanks.
    10 Year Member at TPU 10 Million points folded for TPU
  12. Athlonite

Athlonite

Thanks Received:
    PVC leather in my country it's just called PVC same with PU as you are not allowed to use the word Leather as an descriptor as it is not in any way Leather it's plastic and that's it Leather remains that which is derived from an animal skin

13. dwade

Thanks Received:
    lets go

14. silapakorn

silapakorn

Thanks Received:
    I don't think that many gamers will concern themselves with animal cruelty issues.

15. Indurain

Thanks Received:
    A Herman Miller Aeron is a much better chair and they made so many of them over the years that you can get lightly used one everywhere for the same price as this. Every part of the Aeron is available for replacement and would be a much better choice than a gaming chair.

I also think that very few reviewers sit in these chairs more than a couple of hours at a time and it is too hard to get a good handle on comfort if you are not using it like an office chair with 6-8 hours of use per day every day.

"... we tested this chair for many hours" - what exactly does this mean, 3 hours is many, 100 hours is many.

16. crmaris

crmaris Reviewer

Thanks Received:
    16 hours per day for almost a month (working days mostly). 3-4 people use the under review chairs in our labs every day.

And we continue using of course most of the chairs after the review is finished/posted.

Indurain says thanks.