• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Cougar Armor S Gaming Chair

The Cougar Armor S is a comfortable gaming chair of good build quality and with a fair price tag. It is fully adjustable, and its black and orange color combination and diamond stitching pattern make for nice looks.

Show full review

Last edited by a moderator:
Processor OCed 5800X3D
Motherboard Asucks C6H
Cooling Air
Memory 32GB
Video Card(s) OCed 6800XT
Storage NVMees
Display(s) 32" Dull curved 1440
Case Freebie glass idk
Audio Device(s) Sennheiser
Power Supply Don't even remember
Did you have any 6ft+ 200+ lb ppl test it out? I need something that doesn't flex when I lean back, so my back is supported. Steel frame suggests it won't, but it's tall and I induce a lot of leverage on them.

Unfortunately we didn't have a large user to try it out.

System Name Black Box
Processor Intel Xeon E3-1260L v5
Motherboard MSI E3 KRAIT Gaming v5
Cooling Tt tower + 120mm Tt fan
Memory G.Skill 16GB 3600 C18
Video Card(s) Asus GTX 970 Mini
Storage Kingston A2000 512Gb NVME
Display(s) AOC 24" Freesync 1m.s. 75Hz
Case Corsair 450D High Air Flow.
Audio Device(s) No need.
Power Supply FSP Aurum 650W
Mouse Yes
Keyboard Of course
Software W10 Pro 64 bit
Colour combination and supported weight a con?
120Kg is higher than the average 100Kg rating, and Cougar are known for black and orange, don't like it, buy something else
If they offered any other colour I would list them as a con.
If anything, the price is definitely a con.

System Name micropage7
Processor Intel Xeon X3470
Motherboard Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. P55A-UD3R (Socket 1156)
Cooling Enermax ETS-T40F
Memory Samsung 8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3
Video Card(s) NVIDIA Quadro FX 1800
Storage V-GEN03AS18EU120GB, Seagate 2 x 1TB and Seagate 4TB
Display(s) Samsung 21 inch LCD Wide Screen
Case Icute Super 18
Audio Device(s) Auzentech X-Fi Forte
Power Supply Silverstone 600 Watt
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Sades Excalibur + Taihao keycaps
Software Win 7 64-bit
Benchmark Scores Classified
looks good, i mean the combination you may use that combination if you want to custom your bucket seat

Unfortunately we didn't have a large user to try it out.

its funny how they never seem to do . and a guy in that build gets the chair and the head rest hit him in the mid shoulder blades and his weight has the seat flat and frame wallered out in 8 months .

then them ''T'' style so called arm rests / rib stabbers pretty much cant put your arms where you want to at any time comfortable

I'm a good 6'1 and 200+ lbs. depending on time of year [fatter in the winter ] I used this for a good year now and like it head rest is fine + I got a cushion added under my butt for my back/butt bone , full armrest to put your arms at rest where you want and still tight as new base and arm rests . so far so good just don't roll good on carpet even using wheels off my old chairs [???] not to say its the greatest , but I'm so far well pleased with it , and now under a 100 bucks at amazon [if that don't mean merex got cheap on materials and manufacturing of them since I bought ? 140$ walmart ]

http://www.gamingchairsreviews.com/...le-pivoting-lumbar-and-padded-footrest-black/

https://www.amazon.com/Merax-PP036982EAA-PP036982-Gaming-Chair/dp/B0776RTL9J

I do see the bad reviews like cracking or too low ?? I don't se it with mine no cracking and its taller at its lowest point then any of my old chairs at mid to highest points I had to give it a good week to get use to being taller and adjust myself around my desk