• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Cougar Immersa

Inle

Staff member
System Name Efrafa
Processor Intel Core i7-5960X @ 4,3 GHz
Motherboard Asus X99 STRIX Gaming
Cooling NZXT Kraken X52
Memory G.Skill Ripjaws 4 32 GB
Video Card(s) Asus ROG STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 OC Edition
Storage ADATA SX8000 NVMe 512 GB + 5x Kingston HyperX Savage 512 GB
Display(s) Acer Predator XB271HU
Case Corsair Crystal 460X
Audio Device(s) Audiolab M-DAC
Power Supply Seasonic X-850
Mouse Logitech G900 Chaos Spectrum
Keyboard Cherry MX Board 6.0
Software Battlefield 1
The Cougar Immersa is an extremely comfortable, well-built, and fun-sounding gaming headset. It's equipped with a retractable microphone and supports all gaming platforms. Costing a mere $50, its price-performance ratio is simply amazing.

Show full review

Last edited by a moderator:
The German brand is on the rise lately. I love Cougar and what they bring in terms of value for money in pretty much every market they go into lately.

- Written on a 600K keyboard

Inle

Staff member
System Name Efrafa
Cooling NZXT Kraken X52
Software Battlefield 1
The German brand is on the rise lately. I love Cougar and what they bring in terms of value for money in pretty much every market they go into lately.

After taking the Immersa for a spin, I've got no choice but to completely agree :)

System Name Americas cure is the death of Social Justice & Political Correctness
Processor i7-11700K
Motherboard Asrock Z590 Extreme wifi 6E
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A
Memory 32GB Corsair RGB fancy boi 5000
Video Card(s) RTX 3090 Reference
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 1Tb + Samsung 970 Evo 500Gb
Display(s) Dell - 27" LED QHD G-SYNC x2
Case Fractal Design Meshify-C
Audio Device(s) on board
Power Supply Seasonic Focus+ Gold 1000 Watt
Mouse Logitech G502 spectrum
Keyboard AZIO MGK-1 RGB (Kaith Blue)
Software Win 10 Professional 64 bit
Benchmark Scores the MLGeesiest
i owned & returned these. I was happy with much that they had to offer, but in the end, they weren't comfortable for long periods. Sweat was an issue too, as the Very large padded ear cups are not unlike plastic sandwich bags on your ears after some time. the Mic was okay, neither good nor bad. I jumped on these 6 months or so ago, and have to admit for the $39 price tag they were nice, but Sennheiser has some better options IMO/IME. 6/10 @ $50 that score drops

Inle

Staff member
System Name Efrafa
Cooling NZXT Kraken X52
Software Battlefield 1
i owned & returned these. I was happy with much that they had to offer, but in the end, they weren't comfortable for long periods. Sweat was an issue too, as the Very large padded ear cups are not unlike plastic sandwich bags on your ears after some time. the Mic was okay, neither good nor bad. I jumped on these 6 months or so ago, and have to admit for the $39 price tag they were nice, but Sennheiser has some better options IMO/IME. 6/10 @ $50 that score drops
I'm not sure how these were uncomfortable for you, they are easily one of the most comfortable headsets I have ever put on. I can still say that even after trying on a LOT of headsets all the way up to the $400 range.

And for the reviewer, I actually found the audio to be a fairly flat response, the vocals were actually slightly stronger than the other frequencies. Maybe it was your source but I tested mine with Spotify through my phone. I was blown away by how good they sounded listening to Fleetwood Mac that I ordered some of my own right away. I also have some very long, 'earrings' that are the size of nails and this headset was still super comfortable. Maybe that's why they don't seem too bass heavy, perhaps I'm creating a different chamber for the drivers causing a bit of a free-air effect.

I've owned the Immersa for about 2 weeks now and to be honest, its one of the most comfortable headphones i've used. They can stay on for many hours without any issues.

Sound quality wise, they do punch above their price range. I also own the HyperX Cloud II witch i directly connected to my sound card (non of that horrible external USB stuff) and it is not better my a whole lot.

Cougar done an incredible job here

Yeah, it's super under rated. Hands down one of the best I've used without even considering price. Once I factor in the $45 price tag it is the best I've used. Also, I'm very into audio and always searching for a flat response which is what really surprised me with these, other people say they're boomy but I didn't discover that at all. I found the vocals to be slightly strong but overall had very impressive sound.

I would also like to add that we don't have the same ears and the shape of them plus our heads has a big impact on how headsets and earbuds perform. To test this you can press an earbud closer into your ear sealing up the air gap entirely and you'll instantly get a drastic change in air pressure causing a very noticeable change in tone. I'm certain the shape of my ears and earrings is why I am finding these to be different than other users as reviews so they're bass heavy. I don't have any sort of EQ changes on my BLU cheapie phone and they sound damn good.