• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

COUGAR Launches the GX V3 Series Power Supplies

COUGAR, leading PC case and power supply brand has let loose the latest power supply unit, an update to the GX series, titled the GX V3. These new high-end series of power supplies specifically target demanding gamers and the rugged black coating in combination with the gold vent grill add to the overall robust and aggressive appearance of a computer and at a size of 160 mm down from 180 mm in length the GX V3 will significantly reduce the space taken up in the system. In fact, for almost all 1000 plus watt models on the market, the GX V3 will be the smallest of compact 1050W products, a major technological breakthrough.

The COUGAR GX V3 PSUs are fully compliant with the 80-PLUS Gold efficiency requirement, featuring a peak efficiency of up to 93%. These high-end PSUs are designed for enthusiast gamers who desire extremely efficient and powerful gaming products. The GX series is equipped with and ultra quiet fan that provides optimum cooling efficiency. The advanced modular cable management system is further improved with new flat cables that simplify installation and maximize airflow.

Many people and organizations have the computers running 24/7 whether it is for remote access or cloud-computing requirements. COUGAR has continued to address the growing need for super-efficient power supplies with the ECO-friendly power supply designs with 3 variations of the GX V3 at 600, 800 and 1050 watts.

The COUGAR GX V3 PSU was designed from the ground up to achieve high efficiency in its power supply management. With RST (Rapid Switch Technology) and DC to DC technology, which provides the highest efficiency and the most stable performance, along with perfect regulation (Regulation :love:%). That, along with the CLC filter design which efficiently suppresses Ripple/Noise to less than 1%, shows how the GX V3 has been improved to increase electric efficiency even further over previous generations.

The components inside a power supply also help to distinguish between average PSUs and high-end models. To that end the GX V3 uses 105°C rated Japanese capacitors. These provide uncompromised performance and reliability, delivering 4 times the lifespan of conventional 85°C rated capacitors. To keep all these components cool the GX V3 has an ultra quiet temperature controlled 140mm fan. The 140mm double ball bearing fan delivers optimum air flow with an extremely low noise level plus the fan speed is automatically governed based on the temperature.

It is therefore no wonder that the GX V3 series also fits in with the latest Eco-Friendly EuP regulation, ErP Lot6 2013. The energy consumption is lower than 0.3W when the PC is in standby mode, which can save quite a bit of energy and money and of course it supports the ENERGY STAR 5.0 rating.

The advanced modular cable management system is further improved by utilizing new flat cables that simplify installation as well as reduce air friction in order to maximize airflow. This helps give gamers the cooling power they need, and the flexibility of easy upgrades the demand.

The MSRP of the three power level variants are: the at GX1050 $189, the GX800 at $149, and the GX600 at $109.

FreedomEclipse

~Technological Technocrat~
System Name Codename: Icarus
Processor Intel 8600k@4.8Ghz
Motherboard Asus ROG Strixx Z370-F
Cooling Corsair H105 {2x Corsair ML 120 Pro}
Memory Corsair Vengeance White LED DDR4 3200Mhz
Video Card(s) MSI 1070 Gaming X (Samsung)
Storage WD Black Edition 512GB SSD (Boot)|Crucial MX100|2x 3TB Toshiba DT01ACA300
Display(s) Asus PB278Q 27"
Case Corsair 760T (White) {1xFractal Design HP-12|1x140mm Noctua P14S Redux|2x Corsair ML 140 Pro}
Audio Device(s) Creative SB Z {Speakers: Logitech Z-5500 }
Power Supply Corsair AX760
Mouse Logitech G900 Chaos Spectrum
Keyboard Duckyshine Dead LED(s) III
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
I wish COUGAR would make guitar plectrums...

System Name micropage7
Processor Intel G4400
Motherboard MSI B150M Bazooka D3
Cooling Stock ( Lapped )
Memory 16 Gb Team Xtreem DDR3
Video Card(s) Nvidia GTX460
Storage Seagate 1 TB, 5oo Gb and SSD A-Data 128 Gb
Display(s) LG 19 inch LCD Wide Screen
Case HP dx6120 MT
Audio Device(s) Stock
Power Supply Be Quiet 600 Watt
Software Windows 7 64-bit
Benchmark Scores Classified
Many people and organizations have the computers running 24/7 whether it is for remote access or cloud-computing requirements.
really? wheres 24/7 label ready?

AsRock

TPU addict
Processor 2500k \ 3770k
Motherboard ASRock Z68 \ Z77
Memory Samsung low profile 1600
Video Card(s) XFX 6770 \ XFX R9 390X
Storage Intel 80Gb (SATA2) WD 250Gb \ Team SSD+Samsung Evo 250Gb+500Gb+ 2xCorsair Force+WD250GbHDD
Display(s) Samsung 1080P \ Toshiba HDTV 1080P
Case HTPC400 \ Thermaltake Armor case ( original ), With Zalman fan controller ( wattage usage ).
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V475 \ Yamaha CX-830\Yamaha MX630 Tannoy Mercury MKII Paradigm 5SE + Tannoy Mercury F4
Power Supply PC&Power 750w \ Seasonic 750w MKII
Mouse MS intelimouse \ Logitech G700s + Steelseries Sensei wireless
Keyboard Logitech K120 \ ROCCAT MK Pro ( modded amber leds )
Benchmark Scores Meh benchmarks.
System Name LappyTop/ Bay2- Lowerbay- RushCity1/ 3-14-18
Processor i5 1.7GHz/ i3 2120's
Motherboard ASUStek/ HP UltraSlim's
Cooling Air/air
Memory 8GB Kingston HyperX 1600/ 2GB
Video Card(s) intel HD4000/ HD2000's
Storage 256GB Crucial Mx100 SSD/ HDD's
Display(s) 1366x768/ one acer x223w between the rest
Case ALU, beauty!/ HP 8200 UltraSlim
Audio Device(s) Sonic Master/ onboard's
Power Supply ASUS brick, 17W i5/ 19.5 volt bricks
Mouse cheap GigaWire930, CMStorm Havoc and a Logitech M510 wireless
Keyboard Dynex usb
Software WIN8.1-64bit/ Mint 18 Sarah and Sylvia
Benchmark Scores 6.9 processes per second!/ cruncher's!!
Seems to be good pricing? Would anybody object to buying one of these, cougar striped cables not withstanding?

Seems to be good pricing? Would anybody object to buying one of these, cougar striped cables not withstanding?
I'm sure the black and gold paint scheme will improve game performance...

More than likely the reason it is physically smaller than quality 1000W PSUs is because they cut corners to fit it in a smaller case. I'd buy a Seasonic PSU and get the best for less unless you can find a rebranded Seasonic PSU on sale for less, which rarely happens.

If it doesn't rate at the top by JonnyGura and Hardware Secrets, I'd pass.

System Name Pioneer
Processor Intel i7 8700k @ 5.0 GHz All-Core + Uncore & AVX Offset @ 0
Motherboard ASRock Z370 Taichi
Cooling Noctua NH-U14S + A whole lotta Sunon and Corsair Maglev blower fans...
Memory G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 @ DDR4-3333 14-14-14-34-2T
Video Card(s) NVIDIA Titan XP Star Wars Collectors Edition (Galactic Empire)
Storage HGST UltraStar 7K6000 3.5" HDD 2TB 7200 RPM (w/128MBs of Cache)
Display(s) BenQ BL3200PT (a 1440p VA Panel with decent latency)
Case Thermaltake Core X31
Audio Device(s) Onboard Toslink to Schiit Modi Multibit to Asgard 2 Amp to AKG K7XX Ruby Red Massdrop Headphones
Power Supply Seasonic PRIME 750W 80Plus Titanium
Mouse ROCCAT Kone EMP
Keyboard WASD CODE 104-Key w/ Cherry MX Green Keyswitches, Doubleshot Vortex PBT White Keycaps, Blue legends
Software Windows 10 Enterprise 2016 LTSB (From former workplace, yay no telemetry)
Benchmark Scores FSExt/TS: FSExt 14625:https://www.3dmark.com/fs/15253894 TS 10496:https://www.3dmark.com/spy/3557134
Previous Cougar PSUs have been good to me, but that doesn't guarantee anything...

First of all, if any of you actually payed a bit of attention, and read things properly, you would realize that they DID NOT cut corners in any way shape or form..

You would also realize, Those of you commenting on the Orange cables. IT DOES NOT COME WITH ORANGE CABLES.... This is the V3 we are talking about. It hasn't had orange and black cables since V1.

Now all that aside, I can assure you this power supply is beyond awesome. And well deserving of the gold rate it received.

Too bad you all missed a recent sale on Newegg. I got me the 1050 version for $145.99, you cant beat that price by a long shot..

If you want more info on cougar products, they are owned by HEC Group and Compucase.

Their fans kick ass. Their PSU's kick ass.

I cant speak for their cases, but I would imagine if they put as much design and quality parts into them as they do all their other products they are great too..

ONLY WARNING I WILL GIVE ABOUT COUGAR PRODUCTS IS..

THEIR 120mm VORTEX PWM fan had a recall. If you run them at any speed under 1500 rpm they have this intolerable whine/squeal.. Check the Manufacturing date on the sticker, right on the center of the fan itself.

If it was manufactured in 2012, chances are it will have this problem. If you are going to use this fan make sure it was made in 2013 or later.

The recall was only on the 120mm Vortex PWM... So the non PWM vortex, the turbine, and the 140mm vortex pwm do not experience this problem.

The 1050 PSU comes with a 140mm vortex. I cant speak for the smaller PSU's but their customer service is pretty good and extremely fast, and they will test out any product before they ship it out to you.

Its a shame I received fans from newegg that were recalled a year before I purchased them.. but cougar took care of the problem extremely fast, and I couldn't be happier with their products.

There are many quality products to choose from out there, and chosing the right Fan or PSU can be overwhelming.

But I can assure you this PSU will not let you down, and most of cougars products share that same parts and build quality.

things happen, recalls happen with every company. Cougar went above and beyond to try and fix the situation, when all newegg offered to do was send me the same defective fans as a replacement.

Cheers.