• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Creative T40 and T50 series Auto Off Fix

System Name New compy
Processor AMD Ryzen 5800x3D
Motherboard MSI MPG x570S EDGE MAX WiFi
Cooling Noctua NH-D15S w. FHP141 + Xigmatek AOS XAF-F1451
Memory 32gb G.Skill Ripjaws V Samsung B-Die Dual Rank F4-4000C16D-32GVKA
Video Card(s) ASUS TUF GAMING RTX 4070ti
Storage 17tb (8+4tb WD Black HDD's, 2+2+0.5+0.5tb M.2 SSD Drives) + 16tb WD Red Pro backup drive
Display(s) Alienware AW2518H 24" 240hz, Sony X85K 43" 4k 120hz HDR TV
Case Thermaltake Core v71
Audio Device(s) iFi Nano Idsd Le, Creative T20 + T50, Sennheiser HD6Mix
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 1000w
Mouse Logitech G502 Hero custom w. G900 scroll wheel mod, Rival 3 + Rival 3 wireless, JLab Epic Mouse
Keyboard Corsair K68 RGB + K70 RGB + K57 RGB Wireless + Logitech G613
Software Win 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores https://valid.x86.fr/s2y7ny
My original thread has been locked on steam and the original uploads no longer work so I am posting the thread here for archival and editing purposes.

Original thread. https://steamcommunity.com/discussions/forum/1/1480982338946137958

Wanted to post this here since it took a bit to get working but now that it is my speakers don't auto turn off when the pc is in use.

Download the vbs and updated wav here

Save the vbs file in your documents folder and the wav file in your music folder

The sound is a 5 second 28hz tone with fade in and fade out to avoid popping which I generated with Audacity.

Borrowed some of this after testing multiple wrong ways to do it, make a text file and change the .txt to .vbs, save it and edit it, paste in the following code (or download from above link):

Dim oPlayer
Set oPlayer = CreateObject("WMPlayer.OCX")

oPlayer.URL = "C:\Users\Go\Music\WakeupHum.wav"
oPlayer.settings.volume = 100
oPlayer.controls.play
While oPlayer.playState <> 1 ' 1 = Stopped
WScript.Sleep 100
Wend

oPlayer.close
WScript.Quit
quit

This assumes you have your sound file located at the linked url (just change Go username to yours and drop the wakeuphum.wav in your music folder) and that you have windows media player installed. This will play an inaudible tone in the background that the speakers pick up on and prevents sleep mode.

Now to make it play every 5 minutes.

See help image for win 10 here

Load task scheduler, click task scheduler library, under action menu click create task.

Call it wakeuphum or something, click triggers and add At log on, edit so that 'Repeat task every' is checked with 5 minute interval and repeat forever, this will ensure it starts with your computer and runs frequently enough to prevent them going to sleep.

Under 'actions' click 'run a program' and link to the .vbs file you made earlier.

As mentioned in original thread- "when you're creating the task, you need to go to the last tab "Settings" and uncheck "Stop the task if it runs longer than:" if you like to keep your computer up and running. The default is 3 days and then it will stop the task if you don't uncheck it"

Make sure your version of windows is selected in the general tab at the bottom drop menu.

Click ok to save changes and reboot to enable the script. Set windows volume above 25% for best results. So far my speakers haven't gone to sleep and I've been running this task for years through 3 pc builds.

Last edited:
System Name Uzuki Toune
Processor AMD RYZEN 7 7700X (ASUS PBO 90C Mode)
Motherboard Asus ROG Strix X670E-E Gaming WIFI
Cooling Thermalright Frostspirit 140 White V3 ARGB
Memory 32GB DDR6000 CL36 Kingston (EXPO)(16GBx2)
Video Card(s) Zotac GTX 1050TI
Storage 2TB Kingston KC3000 + 1TB Crucial P2 + 480GB Samsung Evo 850 + 480GB Kingston A400
Display(s) Dell U2723QE + Philips 221V8 (Portrait)
Case NZXT H510
Audio Device(s) Auzen X-FI Forte + Onboard Realtek 4080 -> Creative Gigaworks T40II
Power Supply EVGA G+ 650W
Mouse Logitech MX Master 3 (Work) & G103 (Play)
Keyboard iRocks K71M
Software Windows 11 Professional
Is this a problem with more recent models? or is it a regional thing? because I have not seen my T40II sleep. admittedly this is a pretty old one, I bought it really long time ago, and I even bought it second hand after my t20 decided to start crackling.