1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Creators update hanging

Discussion in 'General Software' started by Bundy, May 11, 2017.

1. Bundy

Bundy

Thanks Received:
    I recently upgraded to creators update and immediately began to have problems with Chrome. After about 3 -10 minutes of use it would begin to stop responding.

It starts with bits of a page not responding. After about 15 seconds or so this would spread to the whole page. Then one by one the other tabs would stop. Eventually the entire PC will stop responding. the whole hang takes about 1 minute

Occasionally I would get a response from something but in all circumstances I eventually had to restart in order to get everything back working again. I tried to use Edge and it also had the same issue except it took a little longer to occur.

If I avoid opening a browser, then no problems occur. I put a resource monitor window up and watched that - no peaks in CPU, Memory, disk or network.

So I gave up and rolled back the update and everything was fixed. Has anyone experienced this also? I'm thinking of trying the update again and was wondering if there might be something I can do to avoid the problem again.

2. Vayra86

Vayra86

Thanks Received:
    I'm also on Creators and have zero issues, but the update does reset several things even within applications. Examples: had to set my audio in/out ports again, removed audio devices were back in the list.

When you update again, check for hardware acceleration in the browser(s). There's a good chance it'll be turned off as Creators does seem to touch on all devices on the PC.

Other than that, I also did experience a few slowdowns shortly after updating. Its W10 doing its business 'while you're idle' except it doesn't always stop when you're not idle anymore :D I recognize that behaviour from when I had just installed W10 (or actually upgraded from 7 > 10). After a few days, it was gone.

Bundy says thanks.
  3. Bundy

Bundy

Thanks Received:
    Thanks I reinstalled the update and all is ok.