• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Crossfire Help in Shadow of Mordor

System is in the specs. XFX R9 280X in Crossfire. Using the current Beta drivers, support for Shadow of Mordor was listed last year, shortly after release. When the game fires up, the menus and loading screen ramp up both my cards to the 1000mHz max, but once the game loads and starts, the second card drops to 300mHz. Running in 1080p @ 120hz, currently on medium settings with just the one card.

I tried googling the issue, but everything that came up was from before there was crossfire support for the game. Any help is greatly appreciated.

FreedomEclipse

~Technological Technocrat~
System Name Codename: Icarus Mk.VI
Processor Intel 8600k@Stock -- pending tuning
Motherboard Asus ROG Strixx Z370-F
Cooling CPU: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 {1xCorsair ML120 Pro|5xML140 Pro}
Memory 32GB XPG Gammix D10 {2x16GB}
Video Card(s) ASUS Dual Radeon™ RX 6700 XT OC Edition
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 512GB SSD (Boot)|WD SN770 (Gaming)|2x 3TB Toshiba DT01ACA300|2x 2TB Crucial BX500
Display(s) LG GP850-B
Case Corsair 760T (White)
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V573|Speakers: JBL Control One|Auna 300-CN|Wharfedale Diamond SW150
Power Supply Corsair AX760
Mouse Logitech G900
Keyboard Duckyshine Dead LED(s) III
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
youre running crossfire - nuff said

^This alone is probably your main problem right here

-----

Only thing i can really suggest is make sure the bridge is connected properly, Make sure that it was a clean driver install. and check the profile in the 3D applications menu to see what AMD have done with the profiles.

Ive had games that ran perfectly in crossfire that suddenly start ghosting, BSODing and CTDing after a clean install of newer drivers - turns out AMD broke the crossfire profile of a few games but would never admit to it. Problem was fixed by rolling back to the previous drivers.

It seems the rule of thumb with AMD drivers is if everything is working, dont update to newer drivers unless you really really have to as the newer drivers might break something.

This is as far as i can help you being a former AMD & Crossfire user.

youre running crossfire - nuff said

^This alone is probably your main problem right here

-----

Only thing i can really suggest is make sure the bridge is connected properly, Make sure that it was a clean driver install. and check the profile in the 3D applications menu to see what AMD have done with the profiles.

Ive had games that ran perfectly in crossfire that suddenly start ghosting, BSODing and CTDing after a clean install of newer drivers - turns out AMD broke the crossfire profile of a few games but would never admit to it. Problem was fixed by rolling back to the previous drivers.

It seems the rule of thumb with AMD drivers is if everything is working, dont update to newer drivers unless you really really have to as the newer drivers might break something.

This is as far as i can help you being a former AMD & Crossfire user.

I do agree. Crossfire has been horrible. I'll certainly be getting a single card next time around, but until then, I would like these to work, especially on games that are 6-8 months old.

Crossfire does work in other games currently (GTA V, Diablo 3), but I've had more than a few problems. BF4, Bioshock Infinity, and the last Batman game.

Driver was a clean install. I'll try a previous driver when I get home tonight. Hopefully that doesn't break Crossfire for GTA V though.

FreedomEclipse

~Technological Technocrat~
System Name Codename: Icarus Mk.VI
Processor Intel 8600k@Stock -- pending tuning
Motherboard Asus ROG Strixx Z370-F
Cooling CPU: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 {1xCorsair ML120 Pro|5xML140 Pro}
Memory 32GB XPG Gammix D10 {2x16GB}
Video Card(s) ASUS Dual Radeon™ RX 6700 XT OC Edition
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 512GB SSD (Boot)|WD SN770 (Gaming)|2x 3TB Toshiba DT01ACA300|2x 2TB Crucial BX500
Display(s) LG GP850-B
Case Corsair 760T (White)
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V573|Speakers: JBL Control One|Auna 300-CN|Wharfedale Diamond SW150
Power Supply Corsair AX760
Mouse Logitech G900
Keyboard Duckyshine Dead LED(s) III
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
Do check the 3D profiles in the AMD catalyst settings though, I dont know if catalyst is still laid out the same way as i left AMD a good while back but here....

I think forced crossfire setting is 'AFR mode'

Create a new crossfire profile if you have to