• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Cryostasis: Sleep of Reason Weapons & Enemies (SPOILERS)

System Name The Monolith
Processor Intel Core i7 2600 @ 4.2 GHz
Motherboard ASRock Z77M
Memory Mushkin Enhanced Radioactive 8GB DDR3 1600 CL9
Video Card(s) EVGA GeForce GTX 680 FTW LE
Storage 2x Intel 330 Series 180GB RAID 0 + WD Caviar Blue 1TB
Display(s) LG Flatron IPS235B
Case Lian-Li PC-7HX
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD + Audio Technica ATH-A900X
Power Supply Antec TruePower New 750W
Software Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Here you can find out some information about all the weapons and enemies in Cryostasis: Sleep of Reason.

Weapons:

Light Green = Combat ineffective
Green = Weak
Yellow = Decent
Orange = Good
Red = Very effective

1. Fists: You only get bare fists in flashbacks, and it is impossible to kill the only enemies with your bare fists. Your swings do however drive off the enemies.

2. Fists w/ Lock & Chain: Early in the game you pick up a lock/chain on a door, and you begin to use them as your only weapon wrapped around your right fist. You can kill early enemies with it, but then they become rather useless on later enemis.

3. Fists w/ Valve: A little later into the game, you find a loose valve in a pipe. This becomes your second weapon. It is virtually the same as the weapon above but slightly stronger.

4. Fire Axe: After saving a man in a flashback, you are rewarded with the fire axe you picked up in the past. This is a useful tool that you should continue to use throughout the whole game. It is powerful, and if you are fighting vicious enemies, shoot them with your gun(s) first and when they get close, whip out this fire axe and finish them off.

5. Flare Gun: The flare gun fires flares (surprise?) that bounce off whatever inanimate object you shoot at. It sticks to enemies and seems to make them more vulnerable to your attacks (since they hate heat). Sadly you can't use this as a portable internal heat source. You find this in a locker right before you fight the first spider boss.

6. Mosin Nagant: The Mosin Nagant is a bolt action rifle that fires the 7.62 x 54mm rifle round. It feeds off five round stripper clips which he reloads at a decent speed, however if you do a tactical reload (meaning your gun was not empty when you started the reload), he has to reload one round at a time (as it should be). Since it's bolt action, the fire rate is slow however the power makes up for it. I usually use this gun for most of the game and save the better guns for the boss fights and one of the enemies you will see below. You can hold six spare stripper clips (30 spare rounds), making your total ammo capacity 5/30. You get this gun as a result of saving a man's life in a flashback.

7. Mosin Nagant w/ Scope: This is the same exact gun as above but with a sniper scope. The scope has a far zoom and large objective lens. The scope zooms in so much, it makes the gun useless as the game takes place on a ship where all the gun battles are close-quarters. The scope also blocks the use of a stripper clip, therefore you have to reload one round at a time. Ammo capacity is the same as the regular Mosin Nagant, in fact they use up the same ammo (as they should). You have to work your brain to get this gun.

8. SVT-40: The SVT-40 is a semi automatic rifle that feeds off ten round removable magazines. It fires the 7.62 x 54mm rifle round, therefore it is very powerful but has a decent amount of recoil/muzzle climb (same as the Mosin Nagants). The power isn't much lower than the Mosin Nagant, but the fire rate is noticeably more. I usually save this gun since it is superior to the Mosin Nagant. You can hold a total of six spare magazines, making the total ammo capacity 10/60. You get this gun after killing enemy number 4.

9. PPSH-71: The PPSH-71 is a compact submachine gun that feeds off a removable 71 round drum magazine. It is a fully automatic weapon, however the gun is actually fired in lengthened bursts in the game. This gun is incredibly effective, it fires the 7.62 x 25mm pistol round at an incredible rate of fire. It is only a pistol round, so it isn't as powerful as the rifles in the game but it still holds its own. For some reason it has loads of recoil as well, therefore I don't recommend holding the trigger unless the enemies are very close to you. I only use this gun on the spider boss fight and enemy number 8 below. You get this gun after killing enemy number 7. Total ammo capacity is 71/213 (three spare drum mags).

Enemies:

Light Green = Easy kill
Green = Not very dangerous
Yellow = Moderately dangerous
Orange = Deadly
Red = Extremely dangerous

1. Crew Members

These enemies are found early in the game. They walk around unarmed at first. Later on they have what appears to be crowbars. You can take them down easily with your fists, but if they have a crowbar, back up to avoid their hits. When they miss, walk up and combo them.

Unarmed

The ones that look like this are rare, but also the same.

2. Big Crew Members

This was actually the first enemy you encounter, but he doesn't hurt you (it was a brief flashback). You find them later in the game again, and after a brief absence in the campaign, they return. They have an axe and are a little tougher than the guys above, but you don't need to waste bullets on them. Watch your corners though, they sometimes ambush you and if you get hit, you die instantly.

3. Armed Crew Members

They make their appearance midway through the game and stick around for a while. The first batch carry the Mosin Nagant bolt action rifle (scopeless version). If they walk up close they try to hit you with their rifle. When they attempt this, simply move backwards, take out the axe, and nail them. Other than that I recommend shooting them since you die pretty quickly in this game.

Close up.

4. Armed Crew Members

These armed crew members are somewhat advanced. They dodge your shots by rolling, and they use the SVT-40 rifle.

Close up.

5. Torcher

I call this foe the torcher because he runs around with two torches and two long cans of liquid nitrogen on his back. I advise shooting him, he also has mid range attacks. He slams his torches into the ground causing electric sparks and freezing the ground. Up close he swings the torches at you rapidly. If he gets up close, take out the axe and finish him off. It only takes 3-4 Mosin Nagant rounds to kill this enemy.

6. Gatekeeper

The gatekeeper watches the gates in the jail area. He is completely harmless, he doesn't attack. All he does is sit there hitting his bowl to get your attention. Go interact with him and you'll get a surprise.

7. Jailer (v1)

This foe was a jailer when everything was normal on board the North Wind. After they underwent the Cryostasis, he now walks around partially encased in metal using keys to attack you. While he doesn't sound very dangerous, his CQC attacks rip you apart. I recommend shooting him before he gets too close, and if he does, whip out the axe and do your best. He has no mid range attacks, but they are a bit tougher than the previous enemies. It takes 4-5 Mosin Nagant rounds to kill him.

Enemy #9 visible in the background

Killed by the protagonist, Alexander.

8. Jailer (v2)

Before the incident, the jailers took interest in the prisoner's personal stories. After the incident he was transformed. This enemy is much more dangerous than the other ones. Just as the first jailer, this one is partially encased in metal but with louder and slightly slower footsteps. He doesn't move quite as fast as the previous one, but he is much more dangerous. He carries a PPSH-71, but his CQC attacks only consist of rifle hits, therefore you can beat him up close with the axe. If you see him, don't be a hero. Take cover, otherwise he will gun you down no problem. Just as the previous jailer, he can be heard coming due to his footsteps but this one also gives off an eerie light, which comes out of his face. His face only consists of a jail cell with the sky blue eerie light, and a deformed mouth. In his mouth is a ring holding several keys. It takes 5-7 Mosin Nagant shots to kill them.

9. Bugs

The "bugs" are actually human, but now walk on all fours and they have wings. You only see one fly, and he flies right past you. After that they walk at you. They kill you in a very small amount of hits. The good news is, they die easier and they have no mid range attacks. They do however tend to attack in pairs, making your life harder. It takes 4 Mosin Nagant shots to kill these enemies.

10. Dogs

The concept of the dogs is fairly simple. They're starving, and everything on the North Wind is frozen except you. Don't waste bullets on the dogs, use your axe. They die in one hit.

11. The Big Cheese

This guy is the toughest enemy (excluding boss fights) you will encounter. He is very large and menacing. You can't see his face, as it is covered in dark metal and he wears a large coat. He has his hands holding two flashlights which are located on each side of his head. He also wields two modded PPSH-71 submachine guns. Rather than having a single 71 round drum mag attached to each gun, he has two wielded on top of each other. I don't even know how many shots it takes to kill him. I'm certain 10 Mosin Nagant/SVT-40 rounds do not do the trick. Take cover when fighting him, shoot everything you've got and if he gets up close, swing at him with the axe. When he arrives, a loud siren sounds. Same thing happens when he is killed.

Vanishing...

Bosses

Spider Boss: You fight a spider boss twice in the game. The first time, you only have a flare gun and a Mosin Nagant (and all of your melee weapons). This one dies a lot easier, run around the room, hit all the switches, shoot him with a flare and keep shooting him with your Mosin Nagant. When he gets up close, don't take out the axe, run back and continue to shoot him. The second time you fight him it is very difficult, especially because your frame rate will be sucking on higher graphics levels/resolutions. This time around, use the flare gun once he comes towards you and continuously shoot him with the PPSH-71.

Khronos: I colored Khronos blue as you don't actually fight him. He is the last boss. Khronos is the Greek God of time. When he appears, you two play a game. Whoever kills 10 foes first wins. You have a long range attack while Khronos himself has a hammer (I think) which he swings fairly slowly. Don't get hit by the hammer though, it kills you instantly.

Cryostasis: Sleep of Reason Official Website

Cryostasis: Sleep of Reason @ nZone with free tech demo download and much more

Cryostasis: Sleep of Reason hits the shelves in North American next month. It's supposedly being re-optimized as it runs worse than the Crysis series. This is why I bought a 9600GT just for PhysX.

System Name Custom FX
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 1600X @ 4Ghz
Motherboard MSI B350 Tomahawk
Cooling EK A240 Kit
Memory G.SKILL G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series DDR4 3200 8GB
Video Card(s) EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 FTW3 Ultra
Storage SAMSUNG 960 EVO M.2 250GB NVMe OS Drive/Seagate Hybrid SSHD ST1000LM014 1TB MLC/8GB 64MB Cache
Display(s) ASUS VE228H 21.5 inch
Case Raijintek Thetis
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC892
Power Supply Silverstone Strider 750 Plus 750W Modular
Mouse Red Dragon M715 Dagger
Keyboard Corsair Strafe
Software Windows 10 Pro
this game is exactly like NecroVision just killing different bad guys and a different time but the game play and AI is exactly the same

Cold Storm

Battosai
System Name Haro
Processor AMD 1700x
Motherboard AsRork x370 Taichi
Cooling EK Custom Loop - CPU only
Memory 32gb G-Skill Trident Z
Video Card(s) EVGA 1080 Superclock 2
Storage Too Many
Display(s) Viewsonic VX2450WM-LED 24" & LG 32 IPS
Case Cooler Master Cosmos II
Power Supply Cooler Master V1000
Mouse SteelSeries Rival 500
Software Win10 Pro
Benchmark Scores i5 750 4.62ghz pi runs // Evga FTW p55
I can't wait for the game to come out! Somethign different and looks fun!

System Name The Monolith
Motherboard ASRock Z77M
Case Lian-Li PC-7HX
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD + Audio Technica ATH-A900X
this game is exactly like NecroVision just killing different bad guys and a different time but the game play and AI is exactly the same

Same creator for both games. Although I can't see any real similarities between the games.

System Name Custom FX
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 1600X @ 4Ghz
Motherboard MSI B350 Tomahawk
Cooling EK A240 Kit
Memory G.SKILL G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series DDR4 3200 8GB
Video Card(s) EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 FTW3 Ultra
Storage SAMSUNG 960 EVO M.2 250GB NVMe OS Drive/Seagate Hybrid SSHD ST1000LM014 1TB MLC/8GB 64MB Cache
Display(s) ASUS VE228H 21.5 inch
Case Raijintek Thetis
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC892
Power Supply Silverstone Strider 750 Plus 750W Modular
Mouse Red Dragon M715 Dagger
Keyboard Corsair Strafe
Software Windows 10 Pro
I'm not saying its a bad game its rely fun to play its just exactly the same game just reskinned with a different story if you can call it that but the game play is exactly the same i have played through both Necrovision and Cryostasis if it wasen't for the different timeline and different bad guys i almost thoguht i was playing the same game but all in all its a really fun game to play

play both games through to the end and tell me what you think

Its hard to tell between the two from Screenshots and videos but if you actully play through both of them you will see

Last edited:
System Name Crukins
Processor Intel i7 8700k @ 5GHz
Motherboard ASUS Strix Z370-F Gaming
Cooling Corsair Hydro Series H100i
Memory 16GB DDR4 @ 3600MHz
Video Card(s) ASUS RX480 Strix 8GB @1345MHz
Storage Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB + 5.25TB HDDs
Display(s) Samsung SE790C 34" Ultra-wide/Curved 3440x1440p 60hz
Case Corsair 750D Obsidian
Audio Device(s) Onboard - Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speaker System/Roccat Kave XTD 5.1 Headphones
Power Supply Corsair HX850i Modular
Mouse Corsair - Dark Core SE + MM1000 Mousepad
Keyboard Corsair K70 LUX - Blue Switches
Software Windows 10 Pro 64bit
How serious are the Physics in this? Cause I had the techdemo at one stage and the frame rate was shit on DX10 Medium... Man I think I need a Physics card :rolleyes:

CDdude55

Crazy 4 TPU!!!
System Name CDdude's Rig!
Processor AMD Athlon II X4 620
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3
Cooling Corsair H70
Memory 8GB Corsair Vengence @1600mhz
Video Card(s) XFX HD 6970 2GB
Storage OCZ Agility 3 60GB SSD/WD Velociraptor 300GB
Display(s) ASUS VH232H 23" 1920x1080
Case Cooler Master CM690 (w/ side window)
Audio Device(s) Onboard (It sounds fine)
Power Supply Corsair 850TX
Software Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit SP1
Looks really good, i can hear my 8600 GTS crying for help while running this game.:(

wayneferrell479

I'm not saying its a bad game its rely fun to play its just exactly the same game just reskinned with a different story if you can call it that but the game play is exactly the same i have played through both Necrovision and Cryostasis if it wasen't for the different timeline and different bad guys i almost thoguht i was playing the same game but all in all its a really fun game to play

play both games through to the end and tell me what you think

Its hard to tell between the two from Screenshots and videos but if you actully play through both of them you will see
Thanks for that. Short of cash and don't need to buy the "same" game again

System Name mult1kill
Processor Ryzen 7 1700X @ 3.7
Motherboard GA-AX370-GAMING 5
Cooling Cryorig H7
Memory Team Group 32gb 3200mhz
Video Card(s) RTX 2060
Storage Seagate 3TB+ Corsair 120GB SSD+120 ssd smansung 256gb m.2 Samsung 970
Case NZXT S340
Audio Device(s) Sundara JDS Labs Atom
Power Supply FSP HydroG 850W
Mouse WMO
Keyboard Ducky Shine 3
Software Windows10
game reminds me of bioshock, hope it has some sort of elements from the game

System Name Chaos
Processor Ryzen 7 5800X
Motherboard Asus Strix B550
Cooling 6x 140mm + 360 mm Strix AIO
Memory 32Gb Corsair ddr4 3600mhz
Video Card(s) Powercolor RX 6900 XT Red Devil
Storage ADATA SX8200 + kingston savage 240 gb ssd x2 + 1tb toshiba 7200
Display(s) AOC 32 inch Freesync monitor
Case Game Max Silent Black
Audio Device(s) HD Onboard
Power Supply Corsair CP-9020094-UK RM1000x 1000 W 80 Plus Gold Certified
Mouse corsair harpoon gaming mouse
Keyboard BlackWeb wired gaming keyboard
Software Windows 11 x64
gfx look rather poor , what system specs are needed ?

System Name The Monolith
Motherboard ASRock Z77M
Case Lian-Li PC-7HX
gfx look rather poor , what system specs are needed ?

They're not poor, of course they're not like the Crysis series. Here are the official system specs.

Minimum System Requirements:

CPU: AMD 3000+ or Intel equivalent
DRAM: 1GB
Graphics card: AMD/ATI Radeon 9800 pro or nVidia 6800GT
HDD space: unknown
Sound card: DirectX 9 compatible
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 2000

Recommended System Requirements:

CPU: AMD x2 5600+ or Intel CoreDuo 6400
DRAM: 2GB
Graphics card: AMD/ATI Radeon 2900 HD or nVidia 8880 GTS
Sound card: DirectX 9 or 10 compatible
Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP or Vista

This game tends to run worse than Crysis and even Crysis Warhead lots of times. Physics are incredible, PhysX is by far the best physics engine out there.

System Name THE MAD BEAST!!!
Processor Tinfoil rapper with some coathangers
Motherboard Graham cracker with with frosting
Cooling A shovel full of snow
Memory Grey matter out of a corpse
Video Card(s) Cat eyes
Storage A whales brain
Display(s) Cyclops eyeball
Case Inside a yetis hollowed out corpse
Audio Device(s) howling banchee
Power Supply 32 hamster on a massive wheel
Software WHo needs software when you have a box of kittens
Benchmark Scores IS gatrillions a number?
it looks like it would be fun, i like mindless shooters, i might pick it up when it comes out

CDdude55

Crazy 4 TPU!!!
System Name CDdude's Rig!
Processor AMD Athlon II X4 620
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3
Cooling Corsair H70
Memory 8GB Corsair Vengence @1600mhz
Video Card(s) XFX HD 6970 2GB
Storage OCZ Agility 3 60GB SSD/WD Velociraptor 300GB
Display(s) ASUS VH232H 23" 1920x1080
Case Cooler Master CM690 (w/ side window)
Audio Device(s) Onboard (It sounds fine)
Power Supply Corsair 850TX
Software Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit SP1
They're not poor, of course they're not like the Crysis series. Here are the official system specs.

Minimum System Requirements:

CPU: AMD 3000+ or Intel equivalent
DRAM: 1GB
Graphics card: AMD/ATI Radeon 9800 pro or nVidia 6800GT
Sound card: DirectX 9 compatible
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 2000

Recommended System Requirements:

CPU: AMD x2 5600+ or Intel CoreDuo 6400
DRAM: 2GB
Graphics card: AMD/ATI Radeon 2900 HD or nVidia 8880 GTS
Sound card: DirectX 9 or 10 compatible
Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP or Vista

This game tends to run worse than Crysis and even Crysis Warhead lots of times. Physics are incredible, PhysX is by far the best physics engine out there.

Nice specs, but it will still fail with my 8600 GTS, or i should be able to play it at medium.

PVTCaboose1337

Graphical Hacker
System Name Whim
Processor Intel Core i5 2500k @ 4.4ghz
Motherboard Asus P8Z77-V LX
Cooling Cooler Master Hyper 212+
Memory 2 x 4GB G.Skill Ripjaws @ 1600mhz
Video Card(s) Gigabyte GTX 670 2gb
Storage Samsung 840 Pro 256gb, WD 2TB Black
Display(s) Shimian QH270 (1440p), Asus VE228 (1080p)
Case Cooler Master 430 Elite
Audio Device(s) Onboard > PA2V2 Amp > Senn 595's
Power Supply Corsair 750w
Software Windows 8.1 (Tweaked)
Game looks pretty sweet! Waiting for it!