• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

CryptoKitties craze slows down transactions on Ethereum

dorsetknob

"YOUR RMA REQUEST IS CON-REFUSED"
Dorset where else eh? >>> Thats ENGLAND<<<
A new craze for virtual kittens is slowing down trade in one of the largest crypto-currencies.

CryptoKitties lets players buy and breed "crypto-pets" on Ethereum's underlying blockchain network.

The game's developers told the Bloomberg news agency that CryptoKitties was a "key step" to making blockchains more accessible.

But its popularity has underscored one of the technology's biggest downsides: its lack of scalability.

Etherscan has reported a sixfold increase in pending transactions on Ethereum since the game's release, by the Axiom Zen innovation studio, on 28 November.

"CryptoKitties has become so popular that it's taking up a significant amount of available space for transactions on the Ethereum platform," said Garrick Hileman, from the Cambridge Centre for Alternative Finance.

"Some people are concerned that a frivolous game is now going to be crowding out more serious, significant-seeming business uses."

An estimated $4.5m (£3.35m) has been spent on the cartoon cats at the time of writing, according to Crypto
Kitty Sales

MEOWllll

Ethereum markets itself as a development platform more than a currency. I mean what do they expect? People going to make things they consider bullshit, that's the nature of development platforms. You market it this way, you reap what you sow.

System Name money pit..
Processor Intel 7700K at 4800 mhz.. vcore 1.280 volts..
Motherboard Asus rog Strix Z279F Gaming
Cooling Dark Rock TF air cooler.. Stock vga air coolers with case side fans to help cooling..
Memory 32 gb corsair vengeance 3200
Video Card(s) Palit Super Jetstream 1070 x 2..
Storage Three.. all solid state 128 Transend.. 1 T Sandisk.. 1 T Transend.. plus USB external..
Display(s) 27" Asus PG279Q ROG Swift 165Hrz Nvidia G-Sync, IPS.. 2560x1440..
Case Gigabyte mid-tower.. cheap and not really big enough for what is inside..
Audio Device(s) USB Sound blaster Roar 2 all in one unit with bluetooth
Power Supply EVGA 850 watt..
Mouse Logitech G700s
Keyboard Logitech K270
Software Win 10 pro..
Benchmark Scores 3Dmark Firestrike Ultra 8542.. Timespy 10508.. everyday settings..
the etherium network is overloaded as it is without dumb f-ck crypto kitties.. he he

i am having trouble getting my etherium out of minergate.. they say they have shut down etherium withdrawals.. i recon the f-cking kitties might have something to do with that..

trog

System Name Quad GT evo V
Processor FX8350 @ 4.8ghz1.525c NB2.64ghz Ht2.84ghz
Motherboard Gigabyte 990X Gaming
Cooling 360EK extreme 360Tt rad all push/pull, cpu,NB/Vrm blocks all EK
Memory Corsair vengeance 32Gb @1333 cas9
Video Card(s) Rx vega 64 waterblockedEK + Rx580 waterblockedEK
Storage samsung 840(250), WD 1Tb+2Tb +3Tbgrn 1tb hybrid
Display(s) Samsung uea28"850R 4k freesync, samsung 40" 1080p
Case Custom(modded) thermaltake Kandalf
Audio Device(s) Xfi creative 7.1 on board ,Yamaha dts av setup
Power Supply corsair 1000Rmx
Mouse CM optane
Keyboard CM optane
Software Win 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores 15.69K best overall sandra so far
The devs should incentivize mining it better but i think nicehash being down is in part of the issue.