1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Custom Computer Desk.

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by haxereth, Sep 29, 2010.

1. haxereth New Member

Thanks Received:
    Well I've been looking around for computer desks and none of them seem to fit what I need so I would either like to buy or build a custom desk

. I currently have two computers (might get a third one in the next few months) that I use for video editing and processing and a lot of stuff like that. I would like to be able to get them off the ground because dust is a problem and it would be nice if they were a bit above the ground but also out of the way (I have them sitting about 6 inches off the ground right now on a few small random books.)

The desk would have to be L shaped, and it's about 5ft by 5ft corner for it to fit in. Several platforms underneath and/or on the sides it for the towers to fit on would be nice (able to fit a storm sniper easily), a pull out keyboard tray, maybe a mounting thing for several monitors so they dont take up desk room (I have a tablet and other things I like to keep on the desk besides the monitors) and a few drawers on one side.

So I guess I need help either finding one like that or building one like that.

PS: I don't really care what type of wood it is as long as it looks half decent.

PSS: yes I've been/am checking craigslist.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2010
  2. haxereth New Member

Thanks Received:
    bump............

3. assaulter_99

assaulter_99

Thanks Received:
    Tbh, you won't find much help here. You'd be better off searching in furniture stores, stuff like that especially bearing in mind if we find something for you, shipping would be enormous for such stuff.

4. CJCerny

CJCerny

Thanks Received:
    NAVI_Z and haxereth say thanks.
  5. CJCerny

CJCerny

Thanks Received:
    And, no, the shipping is not expensive. It is shipped via freight.

NAVI_Z and haxereth say thanks.
  6. haxereth New Member

Thanks Received:
    VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    thanks.

7. assaulter_99

assaulter_99

Thanks Received:
    Don't take it personal dude. It wasn't an attack against you or whatever. I was merely responding to your bump. Forums are usually filled with kiddies etc but you won't find this here, thats for sure. Its pretty mature around here, and if you stick around you'd certainly see that I'm not the type. I don't live in the US, wasn't aware that big furniture was cheap to move. Where I live it certainly costs bucket loads of money and these stuff are found in furniture stores. At least I learned something today.

8. haxereth New Member

Thanks Received:
    nah it was just a bit ironic that's all. I posted here because of the fast replies... Almost everything I post is answered within 10 minutes (or 10 minutes after I bump it the next day.)

I think I might just get a custom built wooden desk from a friend if they are willing to do it, because my price range is A LOT less than the desks on the site sadly...

9. assaulter_99

assaulter_99

Thanks Received:
    Yeah if you want bang/buck its usually better to get custom built stuff. I have one myself, my girlfriend also got one last week. Went to some stores, prices were uber high for media tables (was looking for one that could hold heavy load) and those in the acceptable price ranges were mostly made of cheap material which would surely crumble! In the end she got one for guess what, a mere $75, custom made model, out of wood and it does the job.