• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Custom Hi-Fi Systems/Car Subwoofers for PC Speakers

Processor intel i5 2500k,atom280@1930mhz
Motherboard msi h61
Cooling i have cooler master V8 but now im on stock :P
Memory team group elite 2x2 1600 @1333 7 7 7 20
Video Card(s) sapphere 5850 toxic@900/1250
Storage WD 1TB green 5400 32mb ,WD 250gb 7200/8mb
Display(s) HP 22" 1680x1050 hdmi
Case asus vento
Audio Device(s) creative XFi fatality+creative gigaworksG500 5.1
Power Supply cooler master gx 750
Software win7,64bit
also what difference i get from replacing it ??

System Name Benny
Processor Phenom II 1055t @ 3.3GHz; 300x11; 1.380v; NB 2700; HT 2400
Motherboard ASUS Crosshair IV Formula (2002 BIOS)
Cooling Thermalright TRUE 120 Black + 2 Xilence Red Wing PWM 120mm (push/pull) + polycarbonate fan holders
Memory 8GB GeIL Ultra 2133MHZ C9 running at 1600MHz @ 7-7-7-21 1T 1.5v
Video Card(s) MSI Twin Frozr II GTX470 @ Stock w/CPU fan cable-tied on, as one of the GPU fans broke.
Storage 60GB OCZ Agility3 (OS);500GB WDC Grn; 1x1TB WDC Blk (Backup)
Display(s) ASUS PA823Q
Case Silverstone Raven 2 (all cables custom sleeved with velcro mod on side panel...)
Audio Device(s) X-Fi (Onboard) + Harmon Kardon HK6100 amp powering JVC HA-RX700's with Zalman mic
Power Supply Corsair HX650W
Software Win7 Pro x64
Benchmark Scores No benchies so making this space useful! Corsair M90, Logitech G19. Phobya FlexLight LED's (gawjus)
I'm using a Harman Kardon HK-6100 amp and Mission 730's
Hardly custom, but it's the one of the best sounding systems I've ever heard, especially with explosions and helicopters!
I'll get a photo up soon.

SabreWulf69

System Name GET FUCKED
Processor GET FUCKED
Motherboard GET FUCKED
Cooling GET FUCKED
Memory GET FUCKED
Video Card(s) GET FUCKED
Storage GET FUCKED
Display(s) GET FUCKED
Case GET FUCKED
Audio Device(s) GET FUCKED
Power Supply GET FUCKED
Software GET FUCKED
Benchmark Scores GET FUCKED
also what difference i get from replacing it ??

May or may not be able to go louder. Experiment ultimately the way to find out is to swap the drivers for yourself. If it's a dual coil, then try wiring it in parallel as subs like to run at the lowest ohms, just keep an eye at first when ya crank the sub up on the temperatures of the plate amp, and make sure the sub isn't bottoming out. According to this excellent article --> http://www.audiojunkies.com/blog/13...distortion-clipping-and-everything-in-between , you can overpower something, just don't overdrive it, if you want to hear the maximum fidelity and loudness from a speaker, make sure it is amplified properly, have your gains set correctly among other things, then you can't go wrong. I have always said music no matter what it is can't kill a system, people, incorrect configurations, and poorly made components kill systems. The general science is --> 3 things kill speakers 1) Exceding thermal limits. 2) Exceding mechanical limits. 3) Material degradation. "Generally, amplifiers use the formula V1=G*V2. To power the amplifying device, you usually need two reference points, +Vcc and -Vcc. For symetrical reasons, they usually have the same absolute value. If these values are not high enough, the amplified peak value may exceed +-Vcc, causing clipping".

WOG-BOY

System Name V8 HAF 932
Processor Intel i7-860 O.C. @ 4.0ghz
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD3
Cooling Cooler Master V8 LGA 1156, 6 case fans
Memory 4gb DDR3 1600mhz Kingston HyperX
Video Card(s) Nvidia GTX460 1gb OC (GTS250 for PhysX)
Storage 2x 1tb Western digital 7200rpm RAID 0
Display(s) SONY BRAVIA 32" (main) ASUS VK266H (second)
Case CoolerMaster HAF 932 MODDED
Audio Device(s) stock
Power Supply Corsair HX-850
Software Windows 7 Ultimate x64
Do NAD still have that very tight bass ?.
Yes it has very tight bass, I got an older version so I'm not sure if the new ones are the same
How on earth do you use car audio gear in your home and keep them all sounding clean? not to mention turn it on/off with convenience?
years ago, i remember i used a battery charger, battery and hooked up some Rockford punch amp and two 12's, freaking pounded, but very power inefficient and was far from the cleanest sound.
The PSU that poweres the RF amp has an on/off switch so I just use that to turn it off, to me the subs sound very clean, better then my yamaha hi-fi sub I used to have

@meran it might work if you wire it up properly in series maybe but I'm not sure if you will gain much more of a difference

SabreWulf69

System Name GET FUCKED
Processor GET FUCKED
Motherboard GET FUCKED
Cooling GET FUCKED
Memory GET FUCKED
Video Card(s) GET FUCKED
Storage GET FUCKED
Display(s) GET FUCKED
Case GET FUCKED
Power Supply GET FUCKED
Software GET FUCKED
The PSU that poweres the RF amp has an on/off switch so I just use that to turn it off, to me the subs sound very clean, better then my yamaha hi-fi sub I used to have

How's the frequency response?

WOG-BOY

System Name V8 HAF 932
Audio Device(s) stock
How's the frequency response?
I'm not sure what the box is tuned to but it sounds like it peaks at arround 40-30 hz, I have the crossover set at I think 80hz last time I checked. Past 30hz isn't really the best in my house, can't hear it very well but in a brick house it sounds better

SabreWulf69

System Name GET FUCKED
Processor GET FUCKED
Motherboard GET FUCKED
Cooling GET FUCKED
Memory GET FUCKED
Video Card(s) GET FUCKED
Storage GET FUCKED
Display(s) GET FUCKED
Case GET FUCKED
Power Supply GET FUCKED
Software GET FUCKED
Try and play with your EQ's. A little basic trick I do to tune mine is as follows. [Make sure you measure everything with ALL EQ's disabled/flat]. Write down the values of frequencies that your EQ has, then based on this generate a sinewave in a piece of software at 0dB fs going for about 2 minutes each for every frequency from the EQ. Once this is done, get a sound level meter, set your amps and whatnot to as loud as you want keeping the volume level set and sound level meter in the exact location all the time through the test. Play each sinewave frequency once, noting down the frequency and measured reading of loudness from each from the sound level meter. Once completed, create a bar graph using the data, with dB on the vertical axis, and frequency on the horizontal axis. When completed should look something similar to an EQ. This chart represents all the peaks and dips in your measured in room frequency response adjustable via your pre-defined EQ. If there is a peak in the graph on one of the frequencies, then lower that particular value on the EQ but whatever amount you deem necessary compared to on the graph. Whilst not an exact science, with a bit of experimentation and perseverance you can pretty much get your system sounding spot on, for very cheap. Detail and whatnot on the other hand is a completely different story.

WOG-BOY

System Name V8 HAF 932
Audio Device(s) stock
Try and play with your EQ's. A little basic trick I do to tune mine is as follows. [Make sure you measure everything with ALL EQ's disabled/flat]. Write down the values of frequencies that your EQ has, then based on this generate a sinewave in a piece of software at 0dB fs going for about 2 minutes each for every frequency from the EQ. Once this is done, get a sound level meter, set your amps and whatnot to as loud as you want keeping the volume level set and sound level meter in the exact location all the time through the test. Play each sinewave frequency once, noting down the frequency and measured reading of loudness from each from the sound level meter. Once completed, create a bar graph using the data, with dB on the vertical axis, and frequency on the horizontal axis. When completed should look something similar to an EQ. This chart represents all the peaks and dips in your measured in room frequency response adjustable via your pre-defined EQ. If there is a peak in the graph on one of the frequencies, then lower that particular value on the EQ but whatever amount you deem necessary compared to on the graph. Whilst not an exact science, with a bit of experimentation and perseverance you can pretty much get your system sounding spot on, for very cheap. Detail and whatnot on the other hand is a completely different story.

what software could i use to generate sinewaves? i haven't heard of any and never tried. I'll try that when i get my cap for the sub's they don't go as loud as i want at the moment because of the voltage drops.
Also what EQ would i change? i did have a system wide EQ but then changed to HDMI audio because of my new screen, i have my computer going from HDMI to my screen then 2 red and white RCA's going to my nad amp for audio, still have to connect the yamaha to the system

SabreWulf69

System Name GET FUCKED
Processor GET FUCKED
Motherboard GET FUCKED
Cooling GET FUCKED
Memory GET FUCKED
Video Card(s) GET FUCKED
Storage GET FUCKED
Display(s) GET FUCKED
Case GET FUCKED
Power Supply GET FUCKED
Software GET FUCKED
Heaps of software can generate sine waves. Some general ones are NCH Tone Generator and RoomEQ Wizard. I use Sony Sound Forge Pro personally. I think Audacity may be able to do it too. As for changing your EQ's via HDMI, it would depend I guess on your sound card and HDMI setup on the PC itself. Otherwise I'd guess you'd have to do it on a program by program basis. EQ'ing a system is something widely used for PA setups in venues, so it is my conclusion that it can serve many well in home use as well. My method is a cheaper alternative to using a RTA (Real Time Analyzer).

Motherboard msi h61
Case asus vento
Software win7,64bit
Yes it has very tight bass, I got an older version so I'm not sure if the new ones are the same

@meran it might work if you wire it up properly in series maybe but I'm not sure if you will gain much more of a difference

in series i get 2xohms and 2xlower vloume:) but in parallel i will risk burning the amplifire:eek::(

Motherboard msi h61
Case asus vento
Software win7,64bit

i was searching for this tread for ages:laugh: thanks i will open my g500 in 2 days i hope if i got time and upload some pictures for the g500 and the burnt s700:)

Motherboard msi h61
Case asus vento
Software win7,64bit
hehe the s700 woofer has 3 coils with 8 OHMS each my original creative g500 has only one coil 6OHMS 130W so i connected 2 coils from the s700 woofer parallel to the out put the sound is almost the same isnt worth the risk :shadedshu also i was affraid from connecting the third coil in parallel cuz OHMS will come down to 3 OHMS thats too much for the AMP. unit to handle :eek:
i will find a way to fit it in our KIA optima trunk since it doesnt have a sub :shadedshu

is sony car amplifire is good ??? i finde it commercial some how ??

SabreWulf69

System Name GET FUCKED
Processor GET FUCKED
Motherboard GET FUCKED
Cooling GET FUCKED
Memory GET FUCKED
Video Card(s) GET FUCKED
Storage GET FUCKED
Display(s) GET FUCKED
Case GET FUCKED
Power Supply GET FUCKED
Software GET FUCKED
That is indeed very interesting. Well if thats the case you can wire up 2 coils in series then in turn when you have done that, wire them to the last coil in parallel. You can technically wire up 1000 speakers to an amplifier without killing it for example. I think there are some quad box guitar speakers that use this configuration of wiring.