1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

CyberPowerPC Drops Intel Core i7-3970X Extreme Edition CPU into New Desktop Series

Discussion in 'News' started by btarunr, Nov 12, 2012.

1. nickbaldwin86

nickbaldwin86

Thanks Received:
    Gross... such a odd shape too I don't know where you would put it.

It is different... so different isn't always good.

Are those 80mm fan holes under the motherboard tray..... who uses 80s? anything less than 120 is loud and worthless.

just like on the 800D... hot swap...Complete waste of space

Cons:

- No easy way to accomodate non-optical drive devices in 5.25" bays
    - Takes up a lot of room on your desk

those two points hit home

Like all other CM cases... lots of plastic... and tin

2. t77snapshot

t77snapshot

Thanks Received:
    I am not here to argue your own opinion, but keep in mind that their are many people that have HTPC's that use 80-92mm fans for cooling and not all of them are loud. Hard drive hot swaps are also used by many applications, I myself am always swapping out internal drives for data. Also keep in mind that this is design is great for users who want the full features of a gamming/water cooling tower, but without the tower. It really then comes down to cosmetic preferences, but CM's HAF series was/is very successful and I feel they will sell many of these "boxes". ;)

3. nickbaldwin86

nickbaldwin86

Thanks Received:
    Ya I just don't like the HAF cases at all nor do i like CM in general,... their cases are plastic and tin, junk, not my opinion its what they are made of.

CM and Thermaltake make about the same cases, price range and quality, by quality I mean lacking in quality.

We aren't talking about HTPCs or limited space casing... this case is HUGE and its odd shape makes it far from desktop friendly, not really sure where I would put that thing if I had one.

I happen to agree with the comments in this thread:
    http://www.overclock.net/t/1326687/tpu-cooler-master-haf-xb-chassis-detailed