• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Cyberpunk 2077 Experiences Sales Boost, CD Projekt Rakes in Almost $222 Million in Revenue

T0@st

News Editor
Staff member
CD Projekt has revealed that 2022 was its second-best year in terms of financial results - it cites an uptick in sales of action role-playing shooter Cyberpunk 2077 as the main reason behind the nice boost to its earnings - around $222 million in revenue, leading to about $80 million in net profit. The Cyberpunk intellectual property has expanded beyond the scope of the video games format and onto the small screen - evidently a combination of the Netflix anime series adaptation and continued efforts into polishing and expanding the game has spread a positive word of mouth. The company states: "In 2022 CD PROJEKT RED carried out intensive work on Cyberpunk 2077, which resulted in successive updates and the next-gen console edition of the game. An important event was the well-received Netflix premiere of Cyberpunk: Edgerunners. It attracted many new players to the game, and convinced many others to revisit Night City."

Adam Kiciński, CEO of CD PROJEKT was buoyed by these results and set expectations for continuations in both fields in the future: "The popularity of the series and the positive reception of the update, released a week before the premiere, had a notable effect on Cyberpunk sales and general sentiment around the game, as evidenced by gamers' reviews. This is a clear sign that deeper involvement in our franchises and expanding their reach is the right way to go. Another important event supporting the Cyberpunk franchise will be the release of Phantom Liberty - a large expansion scheduled for this year."

Industry analysts are somewhat surprised by the company's good fortunes in 2022 - after all, no new mainline game has been released by the development or publishing group since the Cyberpunk 2077 launch date in late 2020. The game managed to top sales figures of 13 million units sold within ten days of its December 10 release date. The Witcher series continues to sell in healthy numbers, which also helps to bolsters the company's bottom line.

CD Projekt has undertaken rapid studio growth in recent years, and has even invested in operations within its home country of Poland as well as outfits overseas. Major plans were outlined in 2022 for the parallel development of multiple Witcher games, and a transition to the usage of Unreal Engine 5 for all future titles, in order to embrace more industry tools. It was widely reported that the team experienced major headaches connected to its proprietary REDengine during the making of Cyberpunk 2077. One of their Witcher spin-off games, Project Sirius, is currently on rocky ground - and the company recently revealed that Sirius is being restarted following a complete write-off of funds spent on pre-production at The Molasses Flood studio. CD Projekt's excellent 2022 sales figures will lessen that relatively small financial blow.

The company will be stashing a lot of the extra cash into ambitious growth plans, Piotr Nielubowicz, Vice President and CFO of CD PROJEKT said: "Thanks to solid sales of Cyberpunk 2077 and The Witcher 3 our consolidated revenues reached 953 million PLN, with over 347 million PLN in net profit. A large portion of this profit - over 200 million PLN - was invested in our future development projects."

The Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty DLC will only be released to current-gen platforms: PS5, Xbox Series X|S, as well as PC. It is expected to launch later in 2023 - CD Projekt Red has hinted that a proper reveal event is incoming around June time.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site | Source

Space Lynx

Astronaut
god forbid they innovate, stack money and reinvest it into old new IP's like Witcher 4... so boring.

yawn. so sad to me companies don't have an ounce of creativity left in their bones, when so many great sci fi and fantasy authors do, use that money to buy their ideas and make a game off of that.

dgianstefani

TPU Proofreader
Staff member
System Name Silent
Processor Ryzen 7800X3D @ 5.15ghz BCLK OC, TG AM5 High Performance Heatspreader
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix X670E-I, chipset fans removed
Cooling Optimus AMD Raw Copper/Plexi, HWLABS Copper 240/40+240/30, D5, 4x Noctua A12x25, Mayhems Ultra Pure
Memory 32 GB Dominator Platinum 6150 MHz 26-36-36-48, 56.6ns AIDA, 2050 FLCK, 160 ns TRFC
Video Card(s) RTX 3080 Ti Founders Edition, Conductonaut Extreme, 18 W/mK MinusPad Extreme, Corsair XG7 Waterblock
Storage Intel Optane DC P1600X 118 GB, Samsung 990 Pro 2 TB
Display(s) 32" 240 Hz 1440p Samsung G7, 31.5" 165 Hz 1440p LG NanoIPS Ultragear
Case Sliger SM570 CNC Aluminium 13-Litre, 3D printed feet, custom front panel with pump/res combo
Audio Device(s) Audeze Maxwell Ultraviolet, Razer Nommo Pro
Power Supply Corsair SF750 Platinum, transparent custom cables, Sentinel Pro 1500 Online Double Conversion UPS
Mouse Razer Viper Pro V2 Mercury White w/Tiger Ice Skates & Pulsar Supergrip tape
Keyboard Wooting 60HE+ module, TOFU Redux Burgundy w/brass weight, Prismcaps White & Jellykey, lubed/modded
Software Windows 10 IoT Enterprise LTSC 19053.3803
Benchmark Scores Legendary

Solaris17

Super Dainty Moderator
Staff member
System Name Rocinante
Processor I9 14900KS
Motherboard EVGA z690 Dark KINGPIN (modded BIOS)
Cooling EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB
Memory 64GB Gskill Trident Z5 DDR5 6000 @6400
Video Card(s) MSI SUPRIM Liquid X 4090
Storage 1x 500GB 980 Pro | 1x 1TB 980 Pro | 1x 8TB Corsair MP400
Display(s) Odyssey OLED G9 G95SC
Case Lian Li o11 Evo Dynamic White
Audio Device(s) Moondrop S8's on Schiit Hel 2e
Power Supply Bequiet! Power Pro 12 1500w
Mouse Lamzu Atlantis mini (White)
Keyboard Monsgeek M3 Lavender, Akko Crystal Blues
VR HMD Quest 3
Software Windows 11
Benchmark Scores I dont have time for that.
god forbid they innovate, stack money and reinvest it into old new IP's like Witcher 4... so boring.
I disagree. Cp77 was innovative and while I know many people had bugs others did not. The game is amazing and is wholly different than anything else on the market.

dgianstefani

TPU Proofreader
Staff member
System Name Silent
Processor Ryzen 7800X3D @ 5.15ghz BCLK OC, TG AM5 High Performance Heatspreader
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix X670E-I, chipset fans removed
Cooling Optimus AMD Raw Copper/Plexi, HWLABS Copper 240/40+240/30, D5, 4x Noctua A12x25, Mayhems Ultra Pure
Memory 32 GB Dominator Platinum 6150 MHz 26-36-36-48, 56.6ns AIDA, 2050 FLCK, 160 ns TRFC
Video Card(s) RTX 3080 Ti Founders Edition, Conductonaut Extreme, 18 W/mK MinusPad Extreme, Corsair XG7 Waterblock
Storage Intel Optane DC P1600X 118 GB, Samsung 990 Pro 2 TB
Display(s) 32" 240 Hz 1440p Samsung G7, 31.5" 165 Hz 1440p LG NanoIPS Ultragear
Case Sliger SM570 CNC Aluminium 13-Litre, 3D printed feet, custom front panel with pump/res combo
Audio Device(s) Audeze Maxwell Ultraviolet, Razer Nommo Pro
Power Supply Corsair SF750 Platinum, transparent custom cables, Sentinel Pro 1500 Online Double Conversion UPS
Mouse Razer Viper Pro V2 Mercury White w/Tiger Ice Skates & Pulsar Supergrip tape
Keyboard Wooting 60HE+ module, TOFU Redux Burgundy w/brass weight, Prismcaps White & Jellykey, lubed/modded
Software Windows 10 IoT Enterprise LTSC 19053.3803
Benchmark Scores Legendary
I disagree. Cp77 was innovative and while I know many people had bugs others did not. The game is amazing and is wholly different than anything else on the market.
Over promised of course, and not really an RPG, but certainly more ambitious than most other games.

Aim for the moon hit the ceiling kind of situation.

Space Lynx

Astronaut

no I meant story/atmosphere/combat, take for example Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson, a really famous sci fi book. Buying that idea and making a game on it would be innovative.

FPS games with some cliche cyberpunk elements is not innovative imo.

there are so many other ideas out there.

I just started playing this game for the first time a few weeks ago, now that nearly all the bugs are hashed out.
The detailed stats and progress options are overwhelming at first. I honestly don't know which route I want to go (hacker, guns blazing, etc). I feel many more details need to be explained in the beginning.
It's an OK game so far. Kind of funny how there's all this immense tech in 2077, but people are still driving cars themselves, there are food vendors on the streets, etc.

The C2077 NPCs are nearly lifeless. They just walk around, unphased by me or themselves. Very little or any dialogue. Red Dead Redemption 2 has the best NPCs IMO. Lots of dialogue. They got sketched out if you walk up to them and stare at them. If you just hang out at different NPC full locations, they say and do differnt things. If you hang around your crew after a mission, they'll just keep talking about the mission or other random things. The game is so rich with random dialogue it feels very immersive. I'd imagine most people don't even experience it if they just got point A to point B and repeat. I put about 200 hours into that game lol.

In C2077, I feel it would be nice if, for dialogue cutscenes, it would cut to both you and those involved (like the recent Tomb Raider Games and RDR2). That cutscene mechanic also adds to immersion. Otherwise, the games feels kind of flat.

With every option maxed out, I have to run it at 1080P with "Quality" DLSS on my 3080 12GB and 3080TI builds to achieve 70+ FPS constantly.

yawn. so sad to me companies don't have an ounce of creativity left in their bones, when so many great sci fi and fantasy authors do, use that money to buy their ideas and make a game off of that.
It is one of the main reasons why I left the industry all together. There IS no more innovation. There is only data mining of old IP's. There is only Greed.

Processor faster at instructions than yours
Motherboard more nurturing than yours
Cooling frostier than yours
Memory superior scheduling & haphazardly entry than yours
Video Card(s) better rasterization than yours
Storage more ample than yours
Display(s) increased pixels than yours
Case fancier than yours
Audio Device(s) further audible than yours
Power Supply additional amps x volts than yours
Mouse without as much gnawing as yours
Keyboard less clicky than yours
VR HMD not as odd looking as yours
Software extra mushier than yours
Benchmark Scores up yours

It's a two part problem

1) most developers & publishers want to own the IP and not lease it from other people otherwise you run into the problem CDPROJEKT had when they had to pay the witcher author more money after the success of Witcher III. It's simply better for your bottom line to own the IP, hence why Bioware moved on from DnD and Star Wars to create DA and ME.

2) Regardless of how you feel about CyberPunk, it was something new for CD PROJEKT and many people came out and killed for not cloning the witcher with a futuristic setting reskin. Now they are going back to the witcher and people are on them for just doing the same IP.

Space Lynx

Astronaut
It is one of the main reasons why I left the industry all together. There IS no more innovation. There is only data mining of old IP's. There is only Greed.

there are still some fun indie games, I was playing My Friend Pedro last night on Steam Deck, it was a blast.

Processor faster at instructions than yours
Motherboard more nurturing than yours
Cooling frostier than yours
Memory superior scheduling & haphazardly entry than yours
Video Card(s) better rasterization than yours
Storage more ample than yours
Display(s) increased pixels than yours
Case fancier than yours
Audio Device(s) further audible than yours
Power Supply additional amps x volts than yours
Mouse without as much gnawing as yours
Keyboard less clicky than yours
VR HMD not as odd looking as yours
Software extra mushier than yours
Benchmark Scores up yours
Peter Molyneux with fable was infamous for that, what did he deliver on maybe one in four promises.

it's a carbon copy of the movie industry, which super hero sequel movie would you like to see this weekend? I hear they are re-booting "enter various super hero name here" for the fourth time.

System Name His & Hers
Processor R7 5800X/ R9 5950X Stock
Motherboard X570 Aorus Master/ROG Crosshair VIII Hero
Cooling Corsair h150 elite/ Corsair h115i Platinum
Memory 32 GB 4x8GB 4000CL15 Trident Z Royal/ 32 GB 3200 CL14 @3800 CL16 Team T Force Nighthawk
Video Card(s) Evga FTW 3 Ultra 3080ti/ Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090
Storage lots of SSD.
Display(s) LG G2 65/LG C1 48/ LG 27GP850/ MSI 27 inch VA panel 1440p165hz
Case 011 Dynamic XL/ Phanteks Evolv X
Audio Device(s) Arctis Pro + gaming Dac/ Corsair sp 2500/ Logitech G560/Samsung Q990B
Power Supply Seasonic Ultra Prime Titanium 1000w/850w
Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed/ Logitech G Pro Hero.
Keyboard Corsair K95 RGB Platinum/ Logitech G Pro
Happy for them. They really should have ditched last gen consoles.

While I felt CP2077 was only ok my wife loved it. It was also the only First person game she's ever liked. I think the difference was just expectations I got caught up in the hype to her it was just another game to play.

System Name I don't name my systems.
Processor i3-12100F 'power limit removed/-130mV undervolt'
Motherboard Asus Prime B660-PLUS D4
Cooling ID-Cooling SE 224 XT ARGB V3 'CPU', 4x Be Quiet! Light Wings + 2x Arctic P12 black case fans.
Memory 4x8GB G.SKILL Ripjaws V DDR4 3200MHz
Video Card(s) Asus TuF V2 RTX 3060 Ti @1920 MHz Core/950mV Undervolt
Storage 4 TB WD Red, 1 TB Silicon Power A55 Sata, 1 TB Kingston A2000 NVMe, 256 GB Adata Spectrix s40g NVMe
Display(s) 29" 2560x1080 75 Hz / LG 29WK600-W
Case Be Quiet! Pure Base 500 FX Black
Audio Device(s) Onboard + Hama uRage SoundZ 900+USB DAC
Power Supply Seasonic CORE GM 500W 80+ Gold
Mouse Canyon Puncher GM-20
Keyboard SPC Gear GK630K Tournament 'Kailh Brown'
Software Windows 10 Pro
Happy for them. They really should have ditched last gen consoles.

While I felt CP2077 was only ok my wife loved it. It was also the only First person game she's ever liked. I think the difference was just expectations I got caught up in the hype to her it was just another game to play.

I also didn't jump on the hype train at relase and only started playing the game earlier this year after buying it 50% discounted on GoG.
I kind of enjoyed my time with the game and by then it was mostly bug free or only ran into insignificant bugs that didn't really cause issues. 'some collision related bugs here and there but nothing game breaking'
Not a fan of how my playthrough ended but I guess thats just my luck for going that route.

Definitely gonna check out/play the DLC at some point.

I'm more of a Witcher series fan but Cyberpunk was a pleasant surprise and a decent enough experience for me.

System Name His & Hers
Processor R7 5800X/ R9 5950X Stock
Motherboard X570 Aorus Master/ROG Crosshair VIII Hero
Cooling Corsair h150 elite/ Corsair h115i Platinum
Memory 32 GB 4x8GB 4000CL15 Trident Z Royal/ 32 GB 3200 CL14 @3800 CL16 Team T Force Nighthawk
Video Card(s) Evga FTW 3 Ultra 3080ti/ Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090
Storage lots of SSD.
Display(s) LG G2 65/LG C1 48/ LG 27GP850/ MSI 27 inch VA panel 1440p165hz
Case 011 Dynamic XL/ Phanteks Evolv X
Audio Device(s) Arctis Pro + gaming Dac/ Corsair sp 2500/ Logitech G560/Samsung Q990B
Power Supply Seasonic Ultra Prime Titanium 1000w/850w
Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed/ Logitech G Pro Hero.
Keyboard Corsair K95 RGB Platinum/ Logitech G Pro
I also didn't jump on the hype train at relase and only started playing the game earlier this year after buying it 50% discounted on GoG.
I kind of enjoyed my time with the game and by then it was mostly bug free or only ran into insignificant bugs that didn't really cause issues. 'some collision related bugs here and there but nothing game breaking'
Not a fan of how my playthrough ended but I guess thats just my luck for going that route.

Definitely gonna check out/play the DLC at some point.

I'm more of a Witcher series fan but Cyberpunk was a pleasant surprise and a decent enough experience for me.

I'm looking forward to the RT Overdrive mode and the expansion as well.

I'm kinda bummed that this is the swan song of the Red Engine not a huge fan of every major game using UE5 going forward.

System Name Ghetto Rigs z490|x99|Acer 17 Nitro 7840hs/ 5600c40-2x16/ 4060/ 1tb acer stock m.2/ 4tb sn850x
Processor 10900k w/Optimus Foundation | 5930k w/Black Noctua D15
Motherboard z490 Maximus XII Apex | x99 Sabertooth
Cooling oCool D5 res-combo/280 GTX/ Optimus Foundation/ gpu water block | Blk D15
Memory Trident-Z Royal 4000c16 2x16gb | Trident-Z 3200c14 4x8gb
Video Card(s) Titan Xp-water | evga 980ti gaming-w/ air
Storage 970evo+500gb & sn850x 4tb | 860 pro 256gb | Acer m.2 1tb/ sn850x 4tb| Many2.5" sata's ssd 3.5hdd's
Display(s) 1-AOC G2460PG 24"G-Sync 144Hz/ 2nd 1-ASUS VG248QE 24"/ 3rd LG 43" series
Case D450 | Cherry Entertainment center on Test bench
Audio Device(s) Built in Realtek x2 with 2-Insignia 2.0 sound bars & 1-LG sound bar
Power Supply EVGA 1000P2 with APC AX1500 | 850P2 with CyberPower-GX1325U
Mouse Redragon 901 Perdition x3
Keyboard G710+x3
Software Win-7 pro x3 and win-10 & 11pro x3
Benchmark Scores Are in the benchmark section
Hi,
Bug reports aside sure wasn't my cup of tea for what they wanted for it.

I just started playing this game for the first time a few weeks ago, now that nearly all the bugs are hashed out.
The detailed stats and progress options are overwhelming at first. I honestly don't know which route I want to go (hacker, guns blazing, etc). I feel many more details need to be explained in the beginning.
It's an OK game so far. Kind of funny how there's all this immense tech in 2077, but people are still driving cars themselves, there are food vendors on the streets, etc.

The C2077 NPCs are nearly lifeless. They just walk around, unphased by me or themselves. Very little or any dialogue. Red Dead Redemption 2 has the best NPCs IMO. Lots of dialogue. They got sketched out if you walk up to them and stare at them. If you just hang out at different NPC full locations, they say and do differnt things. If you hang around your crew after a mission, they'll just keep talking about the mission or other random things. The game is so rich with random dialogue it feels very immersive. I'd imagine most people don't even experience it if they just got point A to point B and repeat. I put about 200 hours into that game lol.

In C2077, I feel it would be nice if, for dialogue cutscenes, it would cut to both you and those involved (like the recent Tomb Raider Games and RDR2). That cutscene mechanic also adds to immersion. Otherwise, the games feels kind of flat.

With every option maxed out, I have to run it at 1080P with "Quality" DLSS on my 3080 12GB and 3080TI builds to achieve 70+ FPS constantly.

Honestly, most of the skill trees are relatively meaningless. You only need to boost the guns to get more damage for your most commonly used, the crafting is only if you want to fast track to better weapons, etc. The hacking tree pretty much makes you invincible no matter what difficulty. Short of having a large level gap between you and an enemy, you can remotely decimate everyone without them ever being able to mount a defense. The car physics is wonky and still bad even after they adjusted it.

The city seems relatively lifeless still compared to GTA4 and 5. They don't have nearly the NPC clone issues they have, but NPC can still disappear shortly after they leave your sight. Mostly no interactions or life outside of a few very scripted sequences meant to specifically draw your attention as mini-objective/events. The cops are still broken (overpowered and still teleporting), though they don't teleport behind you in dead ends anymore.

The game falls far short of what they promised and no amount of surface-level patching is going to fix the issues the game has in its bones.

Processor Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard ASRock X670E Taichi
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 Chromax
Memory 32GB DDR5 6000 CL30
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 4090 Trio
Storage Too much
Display(s) Acer Predator XB3 27" 240 Hz
Case Thermaltake Core X9
Audio Device(s) Topping DX5, DCA Aeon II
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Titanium 850w
Mouse G305
Keyboard Wooting HE60
VR HMD Valve Index
Software Win 10

Yes, it's pretty obvious they didn't have time to flesh out all the details in the game. There's not even a faction system in the game despite all the emphasis on the different gangs and zones. The AI is easily one of the worst in any game and boils down to "get too close to gang member and they attack you". The police still don't arrive on scene either but at least they don't magically appear in front of you anymore I guess.

I went exploring the world and there are so many locations in the game that feel so stripped of what they should have been. There's a mega large rave location in the game but you literally can't do anything there. None of the NPCs seem to care you exist, you can't dance, you can't interact with anything. 99% of the doors in this game are locked and really the scale of the game is nowhere near what you'd expect. The game takes place in a mega city with thousand floor buildings yet you can at best walk around 5% of a few buildings with only a handful of the apartments actually being accessible. Even the Witcher 3 had more accessible buildings and that's considering that game had vastly lower building density. I thought GTA V was bad with the number of compromises they made in interactivity in order to scale up the game world but CP2077 sacrifices pretty much everything. As you said there's not a lot going on in the world outside of the player. NPC dialog when you are out and about is just boring generic cookie cutter stuff the same as the vast majority of the side quests. The hacking mini-game gets so boring that I just stopped doing it. In fact I straight up stopped playing the game 20 hours in because the gameplay was boring and when I did stumble upon something cool, it ended up being a facade that had no interesting content to back it up. Oh there's cool expensive mansions this part of town? Many there's a hidden quest of I can rob them! Nope, in fact wasting my time going through all the rich manors the only thing I found was a unique gun schematic with strangely not a single bit of lore or reason as to why it was there. It's a complete 180 from the witcher 3 where bits of lore and store were intertwined everywhere.

IMO the latest entry in the Deus Ex franchise is superior and that's considering that it wasn't the best entry in the series. That's me not getting into them lying about so many features that didn't make it into the game, that's a whole different can of worms. Most of the things they said would be in the game are not in the game.

I would not recommend the game to anyone because frankly by buying the game you are giving CP Project red and others an endorsement that pushing out buggy mediocre, half-made games is ok.

The sad part is upper management was 100% the reason the game launched too early and were never punished. It's akin to how Casey Hudson was being pased around Bioware ruining all their big franchises, how the guy kept a high end roll after he locked out his writers for the end of Mass Effect 3 is beyond me. Historically bad incompetence goes unpunished.

Last edited:
System Name 1. Glasshouse 2. Odin OneEye
Processor 1. Ryzen 9 5900X (manual PBO) 2. Ryzen 9 7900X
Motherboard 1. MSI x570 Tomahawk wifi 2. Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 670E
Cooling 1. Noctua NH D15 Chromax Black 2. Custom Loop 3x360mm (60mm) rads & T30 fans/Aquacomputer NEXT w/b
Memory 1. G Skill Neo 16GBx4 (3600MHz 16/16/16/36) 2. Kingston Fury 16GBx2 DDR5 CL36
Video Card(s) 1. Asus Strix Vega 64 2. Powercolor Liquid Devil 7900XTX
Storage 1. Corsair Force MP600 (1TB) & Sabrent Rocket 4 (2TB) 2. Kingston 3000 (1TB) and Hynix p41 (2TB)
Display(s) 1. Samsung U28E590 10bit 4K@60Hz 2. LG C2 42 inch 10bit 4K@120Hz
Case 1. Corsair Crystal 570X White 2. Cooler Master HAF 700 EVO
Audio Device(s) 1. Creative Speakers 2. Built in LG monitor speakers
Power Supply 1. Corsair RM850x 2. Superflower Titanium 1600W
Mouse 1. Microsoft IntelliMouse Pro (grey) 2. Microsoft IntelliMouse Pro (black)
Keyboard Leopold High End Mechanical
Software Windows 11
Deserved reward after a sustained and committed campaign to repair the game. For me, I waited a year before jumping in and had a good experience for half the price. Let this be a warning to all those pre-release purchasers.

Space Lynx

Astronaut
Deserved reward after a sustained and committed campaign to repair the game. For me, I waited a year before jumping in and had a good experience for half the price. Let this be a warning to all those pre-release purchasers.

I'm waiting until the expansion comes out, I haven't even seen any gameplay of it yet, except the early pre-release day stuff. I am hoping to have a nice setup then, maybe a 7900 XTX even.

System Name Ryzen
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700X
Motherboard Asus TUF Gaming B550-Plus (Wi-Fi)
Cooling Cryorig H7
Memory Kingston Fury Beast DDR4 3200MHz 2x8GB + 2x16GB
Video Card(s) Sapphire NITRO+ Radeon RX 6700 XT GAMING OC
Storage WD_Black SN850 500GB NVMe SSD + Adata XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe SSD
Display(s) Gigabyte G27QC
Case NZXT H510 Flow
Audio Device(s) SteelSeries Arctis Prime
Power Supply Corsair RM650x Gold 650W
Mouse Logitech G502 Hero
Keyboard HyperX Alloy FPS Cherry MX Blue
Software Windows 11 Pro
I guess I contributed to the delayed success of CP2077. I only bought it about a month ago. I figured it was patched out enough by now for me to play without major issues. So far it's been a great experience.

FreedomEclipse

~Technological Technocrat~
System Name Codename: Icarus Mk.VI
Processor Intel 8600k@Stock -- pending tuning
Motherboard Asus ROG Strixx Z370-F
Cooling CPU: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 {1xCorsair ML120 Pro|5xML140 Pro}
Memory 32GB XPG Gammix D10 {2x16GB}
Video Card(s) ASUS Dual Radeon™ RX 6700 XT OC Edition
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 512GB SSD (Boot)|WD SN770 (Gaming)|2x 3TB Toshiba DT01ACA300|2x 2TB Crucial BX500
Display(s) LG GP850-B
Case Corsair 760T (White)
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V573|Speakers: JBL Control One|Auna 300-CN|Wharfedale Diamond SW150
Power Supply Corsair AX760
Mouse Logitech G900
Keyboard Duckyshine Dead LED(s) III
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Regarding the NPCs and the map/city in general. I think there are already quite a few community made mods out there that overhaul a lot of the things youre complaining about as well as Ai, pathing and other QOL things that should have been implemented or implemented better by CDPR when the game was originally released.

Think of it like Bethesda and all the bugs that were originally in Oblivion that eventually even made it into fallout and skyrim.... All made possible because they all used the same engine and the developers were too lazy to roll over the fixes to their newer games which left the community to make their own patches and fix the game themselves.

It shouldnt have been this way and community mods arent a silver bullet by any means but they do fix a lot of things and also add extra content so at least CDPR did leave the door open for the community to deal with it, otherwise CP2077 would have been one of the biggest flops in gaming history.

System Name Ultima
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
Motherboard MSI Mag B550M Mortar
Cooling Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240 rev4 w/ Ryzen offset mount
Memory G.SKill Ripjaws V 2x16GB DDR4 3600
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 4070 12GB Dual
Storage WD Black SN850X 2TB Gen4, Samsung 970 Evo Plus 500GB , 1TB Crucial MX500 SSD sata,
Display(s) ASUS TUF VG249Q3A 24" 1080p 165-180Hz VRR
Case DarkFlash DLM21 Mesh
Audio Device(s) Onboard Realtek ALC1200 Audio/Nvidia HD Audio
Power Supply Corsair RM650
Mouse Steelseries Rival 3 Wireless | Wacom Intuos CTH-480
Keyboard A4Tech B314 Keyboard
Software Windows 10 Pro
Oh, it's not an april 1 article?

System Name Personal \\ Work - HP EliteBook 840 G6
Processor 7700X \\ i7-8565U
Motherboard Asrock X670E PG Lightning
Cooling Noctua DH-15
Memory G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Black 32GB 6000MHz CL36 \\ 16GB DDR4-2400
Video Card(s) ASUS RoG Strix 1070 Ti \\ Intel UHD Graphics 620
Storage 2x KC3000 2TB, Samsung 970 EVO 512GB \\ OEM 256GB NVMe SSD
Display(s) BenQ XL2411Z \\ FullHD + 2x HP Z24i external screens via docking station
Case Fractal Design Define Arc Midi R2 with window
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1150 with Logitech Z533
Power Supply Corsair AX860i
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Corsair K55 RGB PRO
Software Windows 11 \\ Windows 10
Over promised of course, and not really an RPG, but certainly more ambitious than most other games.

Yeah, this. They will never fully fix the game, but it is noticably better than what was released.
Biggest complaint from me was probably the dead world. The game had and still has the most beautiful made-up city ever created in video games, but it just feels so lifeless.

I don't mean to mock, but where you trying to be funny with that? Cause that was funny as hell!

Pretty much this. Most people did not experience the bugs or glitches. The few that did were either naturally understanding or VERY loud about it. Overly loud. Obnoxiously loud. Irritatingly loud... could go on like that, but I digress.

@CDProjektRed
Carry on good folks! You're doing great! Kicking ass and taking numbers!

Last edited: