• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

OFFICIAL Cyberpunk 2077 Game Discussion

Space Lynx

Astronaut
As someone who still remembers growing up with a 300 MHz Celeron MMX and an S3 ViRGE GX/DX 3D accelerator decelerator (I used that system for 6 years), comments like yours puzzle me. Or maybe I'm just too slow to notice the difference even between 40 and 60 fps. :ohwell:

40 and 60 you can't tell much difference. once you experience 100hz 100 fps or more on a regular basis though... its hard to go back... oddly enough, i actually don't like 240hz 240 fps, it feels like a "soap opera" effect. 165hz-180hz and matching frames are optimal to my eyes... like when I move with a sword... or i jump around in a game, its completely visible, no blur... its all visible... its so immersive... to me anyway

for indie games i don't mind 60 fps. but those are just like 2d graphics, so doesn't really count

System Name Nebulon-B Mk. 4
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard MSi PRO B650M-A WiFi
Cooling be quiet! Dark Rock 4
Memory 2x 24 GB Corsair Vengeance EXPO DDR5-6000
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 7800 XT
Storage 2 TB Corsair MP600 GS, 2 TB Corsair MP600 R2, 4 + 8 TB Seagate Barracuda 3.5"
Display(s) Dell S3422DWG, 7" Waveshare touchscreen
Case Kolink Citadel Mesh black
Power Supply Seasonic Prime GX-750
Mouse Logitech MX Master 2S
Keyboard Logitech G413 SE
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores Cinebench R23 single-core: 1,800, multi-core: 18,000. Superposition 1080p Extreme: 9,900.
40 and 60 you can't tell much difference. once you experience 100hz 100 fps or more on a regular basis though... its hard to go back... oddly enough, i actually don't like 240hz 240 fps, it feels like a "soap opera" effect. 165hz-180hz and matching frames are optimal to my eyes... like when I move with a sword... or i jump around in a game, its completely visible, no blur... its all visible... its so immersive... to me anyway

for indie games i don't mind 60 fps. but those are just like 2d graphics, so doesn't really count
I know I'm in the minority, but I'm happy with 40 fps in any game. Cyberpunk averages about 30-35 on my hardware at 1080, 80% scaling, high, which isn't the best experience I could imagine, but I'm fine with it for now - until nvidia bothers to launch the 3050 with a potentially low profile variant (I'm not expecting anything like it from AMD, they've abandoned the low profile market ages ago).

rtwjunkie

PC Gaming Enthusiast
Supporter
Louisiana -Laissez les bons temps rouler!
System Name Bayou Phantom
Processor Core i7-8700k 4.4Ghz @ 1.18v
Motherboard ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 6
Cooling All air: 2x140mm Fractal exhaust; 3x 140mm Cougar Intake; Enermax T40F Black CPU cooler
Memory 2x 16GB Mushkin Redline DDR-4 3200
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Xc
Storage 1x 500 MX500 SSD; 2x 6TB WD Black; 1x 4TB WD Black; 1x400GB VelRptr; 1x 4TB WD Blue storage (eSATA)
Display(s) HP 27q 27" IPS @ 2560 x 1440
Case Fractal Design Define R4 Black w/Titanium front -windowed
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster Z
Power Supply Seasonic X-850
Mouse Coolermaster Sentinel III (large palm grip!)
Keyboard Logitech G610 Orion mechanical (Cherry Brown switches)
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (Start10 & Fences 3.0 installed)
I think you have a fundamental misunderstanding of Indie games if you think they are comprised of 2D games.

Space Lynx

Astronaut
I think you have a fundamental misunderstanding of Indie games if you think they are comprised of 2D games.

I don't, I just meant the ones I play to be clear.

Wizard of Legend is one I am playing right now... is it 2D? im not 100% sure actually. but i think it is.

if this isn't 2d then nm i like 60 fps even on games like this LOL i just meant more modern action packed games... I prefer high refresh... like FPS games. even indie FPS games like SuperHot... much more nice when they are fluid motion from high frames.

On this point we disagree.

It's only implemented in small ways right now. What we have is a mixture of rasterization and RT
And its not getting any better from here, games are still developed with console limitations in mind, unless enhanced version of PS5 and Xbox series consoles with more ray tracing performance releases, ray tracing priorities would still be average, not to forget that most console gamers turn off raytracing for 60 fps mode

That opinion has no merit. CP2077 is still selling well and is CDPR's best selling game to date. They have made a mountain of money from it, despite the less than stellar launch.
And you'r awfully proud of that ?!!!!

After all the scummy tactics they pulled on you and walked over their audience with dishonesty, fake promises, and lies... You are proud that they managed to pull trough this with mountains of money ?

That is an opinion piece. It is not a meritus citation. Not everyone agrees.
Would you not agree that prioritizing 4k high refresh rate gaming is more important than some nice reflections at half the performance ?

Because since RTX 2000 series, we have not made that much of an improvement in performance over pascal, in addition, RTX 3000 series made 0% performance per watt improvements over RTX 2000 series.

Its clear Nvidia focusing on ray tracing performance, a feature most turn off anyway to enjoy high refresh rate gaming

Storage 2 TB Corsair MP600 GS, 2 TB Corsair MP600 R2, 4 + 8 TB Seagate Barracuda 3.5"
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores Cinebench R23 single-core: 1,800, multi-core: 18,000. Superposition 1080p Extreme: 9,900.

After all the scummy tactics they pulled on you and walked over their audience with dishonesty, fake promises, and lies... You are proud that they managed to pull trough this with mountains of money ?
We could argue about the scummy tactics of many other companies. I boldly say that marketing on its own is a scummy tactic, as it only advertises a product or service from one side, and intentionally hides parts that may be disadvantageous for the customer. Look at nvidia's Ampere launch, for example. We were given vague "up to 2x better than RTX 20xx" numbers that were fabricated in more than ideal conditions that can almost never be seen in real life. Nobody told us about the marginal (if any) efficiency improvement over Turing. We were also given cuda core numbers, but nobody told us that they redefined the meaning of cuda cores in the current generation, making it incomparable to previous ones.

To stay on topic, you probably find it hard to understand, but some of us actually enjoy playing the game. Those of us would like to use this forum thread to talk about the game itself, and not about how upset you are that you didn't get what you expected half a year ago. I suppose you've already received your refund, so if I were you, I'd just get over it and play something else.

System Name Bro2
Processor Ryzen 5800X
Motherboard Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite
Cooling Corsair h115i pro rgb
Memory 16GB G.Skill Flare X 3200 CL14 @3800Mhz CL16
Video Card(s) Powercolor 6900 XT Red Devil 1.1v@2400Mhz
Storage M.2 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 500MB/ Samsung 860 Evo 1TB
Display(s) LG 27UD69 UHD / LG 27GN950
Case Fractal Design G
Audio Device(s) Realtec 5.1
Power Supply Seasonic 750W GOLD
Mouse Logitech G402
Keyboard Logitech slim
Software Windows 10 64 bit

Not sure what lies, dishonesty, scams you have in mind?
The game is really cool. Yes, it had bugs (a lot of them), Yes it was unstable but most of them were fixed and there is no other game with a world that complex.
CP2077 has delivered a very nice gameplay and I really enjoy playing it. Yes it has taken a while to iron out bugs etc. but still not sure where the LIE is? There is no other game like that so complex at least in my opinion and it has been a huge effort from the devs to make it running. The PS4 version sucks but I'm sure if the devs could make it run better they would have done it. The mistake was to launch it on an old PS4.

Software Windows 10 Pro
Their is nothing hard to understand about how things went, (...)
There we go again about how it went. What I said was some of us enjoy playing the game. Present tense. I couldn't care less about how the launch went.

The cdpr of today is NOT the cdpr of 2014 - 2015, they are no less corporate than others publishers, putting value on stock market and share holders first, their audience last.
I also couldn't care less about how corporate CDPR is, or what their policies are. That's their business. Mine is to play the games that I enjoy playing, and to not play the games that I don't.

Am sorry for the long rant, but seeing people here defending this boils my mind, you defending them now won't stop them doing this again in the future, cause they know their corporate sheeps will swallow it no matter what
I'm not defending anyone. I'm defending a game that in its current state is nowhere near as bad as some people portray it. I'm also defending a forum thread that is supposed to be about that game, and not about what its developers did at launch half a year ago. That topic has already been discussed to high heavens and back, and only sounds like a broken record by now.

is the game fun ?
yes
That's it. End of story.

System Name Desktop
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 5600X [3.7GHz/4.6GHz][6C/12T]
Motherboard ASUS TUF Gaming X570-PRO [X570]
Cooling Cooler Master Hyper 212 RGB Black Edition
Memory G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB [DDR4 3600][2x16GB][16-19-19-39@1.35V]
Video Card(s) ASUS KO GeForce RTX 3060 Ti V2 OC Edition 8GB GDDR6 [511.65]
Storage [OS] Samsung 970 Evo 500GB | [Storage] 980 1TB | 860 Evo 1TB | 850 Evo 500GB | Seagate Firecuda 2TB
Display(s) LG 27GL850 [27"][2560x1440@144Hz][Nano IPS][LED][G-SYNC Compatible][DP]
Case Corsair Obsidian 750D
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC S1200A High Definition Audio CODEC
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G1+ [+12V: 83.3A 999.6W][80 Plus Gold]
Mouse Logitech M570 Trackball
Keyboard Corsair Gaming K55 RGB
Software Microsoft Windows 10 Pro [21H1][64-bit]

Patch 1.23​

June 17, 2021
Patch 1.23 for Cyberpunk 2077 is live on PC, consoles and Stadia.

You can find the list of changes below:

Quests & Open World
Space Oddity
  • Fixed an issue where the "Open the package" objective could change location.
Gig: Family Matters
  • Fixed an issue where Juliet's car could disappear on sight after completing the quest.
  • Fixed a streaming issue in Juliet's house.
  • Fixed an issue where it wasn't possible to enter Juliet's house if the player didn't meet either of the Attribute requirements.
The Heist
  • Fixed an issue where Jackie could go through glass.
  • Fixed an issue preventing some guards from attacking the player.
  • Fixed an issue where the "Search the Arasaka officer" objective could remain active after fulfilling it.
  • Fixed an issue where the mech didn't spawn in the lobby.
  • Fixed an issue where some Arasaka guards could clip through the door.
  • Fixed an issue where some guards could spawn on player's sight.
  • Fixed an issue where Arasaka officer's body could be unaccessible, making the player unable to loot the shard and blocking progression.
The Nomad
  • Removed unnecessary button prompts.
The Hunt
  • The news segment in the shard from River will now properly play audio.
The Beast in Me
  • Fixed an issue where progression could be blocked if the player left Claire after the Santo Domingo race too early.
Queen of the Highway
  • Fixed an issue where the Basilisk could clip through some of the trees.
Down on the Street
  • Fixed an issue where there were no quest-related dialogue options when talking to Wakako.
Forward to Death
  • Smoke and dust will no longer flicker when riding the Basilisk.
Gig: Goodbye, Night City
  • Fixed an issue where progression could get blocked after rescuing Bruce if the player called Delamain.
Path of Glory
  • Fixed an issue where V could get stuck in the AV if they stood at the landing spot before it arrived.
Gig: No Fixers
  • Fixed an issue where it wasn't possible to open the door to Dakota's garage at the end of the quest.
  • Fixed an issue where Iris could teleport instead of walking.
Gig: Getting Warmer...
  • Fixed an issue where fixer's car could drive straight through the intersection instead of turning right.
  • Fixed an issue where the prompt to use the coolant on 8ug8ear could still be selected while plugging her out, which could break the animation.
  • Fixed an issue where it wasn't possible to pick up 8ug8ear.
  • Fixed an issue where NPCs could spawn underground, blocking progression.
Gig: Many Ways to Skin a Cat
  • Fixed an issue where notifications from Regina regarding this gig could appear during The Heist.
  • Fixed an issue where it was possible to connect to the computer after failing the quest by destroying the van, which resulted in player getting stuck.
  • Fixed an issue where progression could get stuck on the "Go to the Revere Courier Servies facilities" objective.
Cyberpsycho Sighting: Where the Bodies Hit the Floor
  • Fixed an issue where after collecting the information the next objective to send it to Regina wouldn't appear.
Cyberpsycho Sighting: On Deaf Ears
  • Fixed an issue where after collecting the information the next objective to send it to Regina wouldn't appear.
I Fought the Law
  • Fixed an issue where River wouldn't be present at the meeting spot before entering Red Queen's Race.

Gameplay
Fixed an issue where after killing a NPC and stealing their car, their body could get stuck in the car.
Adam Smasher will no longer receive damage during animations between his attack phases.
Fixed an issue where dropping a NPC's body caused too much destruction.
Cataresist cyberware should now work properly.

Visual
Fixed Johnny's spectral appearance in various quests.
Fixed various issues related to clipping in NPCs' clothes.
Fixed appearance of rocks in the Badlands.
The Pickup
  • Fixed an issue where one of the Maelstromers was T-posing.

Stability and performance
Numerous crash fixes in animations, UI, scene, physics and gameplay systems.
Memory optimizations and memory management improvements in various systems (reducing the number of crashes).
Various console CPU optimizations.
Memory and I/O improvement leading to fewer instances of NPCs with identical appearances spawning in the same area, and to improved streaming.

PC-specific
Fixed an issue where it wasn't possible to click the upgrade button while playing with 1280x720 resolution.
Fixed an issue where toggling the Windowed and Fullscreen modes with Alt+Enter made the game appear unresponsive.
[Steam] Changing language settings to default will now set it to the language of the Steam client.
A popup message asking to verify integrity of game data will now be displayed when incomplete or corrupted game data is detected.

Xbox-scpecific
Fixed an issue where signing out during a scene fade-out could result in the game being partially unresponsive.
Fixed an issue where the Pause Menu would open again on its own if the Xbox guide and the Pause Menu were closed in quick succession.

Processor i7 7700k
Motherboard MSI Z270 SLI Plus
Cooling CM Hyper 212 EVO
Memory 2 x 8 GB Corsair Vengeance
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 2070 Super
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB and WD Black 4TB
Display(s) Dell 27 inch 1440p 144 Hz
Case Corsair Obsidian 750D Airflow Edition
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply EVGA SuperNova 850 W Gold
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Logitech G105
Software Windows 10
CDPR has released a note about the top reported issues in Cyberpunk 2077. They are all about quests:

Here are our top reported issues for Cyberpunk 2077.

• Play it Safe – Takemura doesn’t call even after completing other main quests, objective’s stuck on “Pursue other leads or wait until Takemura is ready".
• Cyberpsycho Sighting: Smoke on the Water – Quest may get stuck in the journal without an objective even though it’s complete.
• Sweet Dreams – Stefan is missing and it’s not possible to progress the quest.

Thanks everyone for bringing these to our attention!

Processor i7 7700k
Motherboard MSI Z270 SLI Plus
Cooling CM Hyper 212 EVO
Memory 2 x 8 GB Corsair Vengeance
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 2070 Super
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB and WD Black 4TB
Display(s) Dell 27 inch 1440p 144 Hz
Case Corsair Obsidian 750D Airflow Edition
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply EVGA SuperNova 850 W Gold
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Logitech G105
Software Windows 10
CDPR has issued a statement that Cyberpunk 2077 has reached a satisfying level of performance. They will possibly be focusing on multiplayer next.

Adam Kicinski says:

“We have reached a satisfying level in this regard (aka performance). We have also been working on improving the overall quality, which we are also quite happy about. Of course, we also removed bugs and visual glitches and we will continue to do that. Over time, we will also be introducing improvements to the general game systems that players have highlighted.”

System Name Desktop
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 5600X [3.7GHz/4.6GHz][6C/12T]
Motherboard ASUS TUF Gaming X570-PRO [X570]
Cooling Cooler Master Hyper 212 RGB Black Edition
Memory G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB [DDR4 3600][2x16GB][16-19-19-39@1.35V]
Video Card(s) ASUS KO GeForce RTX 3060 Ti V2 OC Edition 8GB GDDR6 [511.65]
Storage [OS] Samsung 970 Evo 500GB | [Storage] 980 1TB | 860 Evo 1TB | 850 Evo 500GB | Seagate Firecuda 2TB
Display(s) LG 27GL850 [27"][2560x1440@144Hz][Nano IPS][LED][G-SYNC Compatible][DP]
Case Corsair Obsidian 750D
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC S1200A High Definition Audio CODEC
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G1+ [+12V: 83.3A 999.6W][80 Plus Gold]
Mouse Logitech M570 Trackball
Keyboard Corsair Gaming K55 RGB
Software Microsoft Windows 10 Pro [21H1][64-bit]
IDK, after running around the world with the latest update I noticed spawns could still use some work, ex. I stole a police car, stopped to deal with crime, head back to get in and just as I approach the door it despawns.

I also hope they will start releasing details on the single player expansion's now.

Processor R5 5600X
Motherboard ASUS ROG STRIX B550-I GAMING
Cooling Alpenföhn Black Ridge
Memory 2*16GB DDR4-2666 VLP @3800
Video Card(s) EVGA Geforce RTX 3080 XC3
Storage 1TB Samsung 970 Pro, 2TB Intel 660p
Display(s) ASUS PG279Q, Eizo EV2736W
Case Dan Cases A4-SFX
Power Supply Corsair SF600
Mouse Corsair Ironclaw Wireless RGB
Keyboard Corsair K60
VR HMD HTC Vive
System Name HELLSTAR
Processor AMD RYZEN 9 5950X
Motherboard ASUS Strix X570-E
Cooling 2x 360 + 280 rads. 3x Gentle Typhoons, 3x Phanteks T30, 2x TT T140 . EK-Quantum Momentum Monoblock.
Memory 4x8GB G.SKILL Trident Z RGB F4-4133C19D-16GTZR 14-16-12-30-44
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse RX 7900XTX + under waterblock.
Storage Optane 900P[W11] + WD BLACK SN850X 4TB + 750 EVO 500GB + 1TB 980PRO[FEDORA]
Display(s) Philips PHL BDM3270 + Acer XV242Y
Case Lian Li O11 Dynamic EVO
Audio Device(s) Sound Blaster ZxR
Power Supply Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W
Mouse Razer Basilisk
Keyboard Razer BlackWidow V3 - Yellow Switch
Software FEDORA 39 / Windows 11 insider
FFS at last.

IMPROVEMENTS

• Improved the minimap's zoom level when driving, so that it's more zoomed out and easier to navigate.

System Name Cumquat 2021
Processor AMD RyZen R7 7800X3D
Motherboard Asus Strix X670E - E Gaming WIFI
Cooling Deep Cool LT720 + CM MasterGel Pro TP + Lian Li Uni Fan V2
Memory 32GB GSkill Trident Z5 Neo 6000
Video Card(s) Sapphire Nitro+ OC RX6800 16GB DDR6 2270Cclk / 2010Mclk
Storage 1x Adata SX8200PRO NVMe 1TB gen3 x4 1X Samsung 980 Pro NVMe Gen 4 x4 1TB, 12TB of HDD Storage
Display(s) AOC 24G2 IPS 144Hz FreeSync Premium 1920x1080p
Case Lian Li O11D XL ROG edition
Audio Device(s) RX6800 via HDMI + Pioneer VSX-531 amp Technics 100W 5.1 Speaker set
Power Supply EVGA 1000W G5 Gold
Mouse Logitech G502 Proteus Core Wired
Keyboard Logitech G915 Wireless
Software Windows 11 X64 PRO (build 23H2)
Benchmark Scores it sucks even more less now ;)
boom baby.JPG

System Name Jamesbondosaurus
Processor Ryzen 5 5600x @ 4.75ghz PBO
Motherboard MSI B550i MPG Gaming Edge MAX Wifi
Cooling Arctic Esport Duo White / Black
Memory Patriot Viper Steel @ 3733 C16
Video Card(s) Inno3D RTX 3070
Storage 120GB PNY CS900. 1TB Crucial BX500. 1TB WD Blue M.2. 8TB WD Red HDD.
Display(s) Gigabyte M27Q
Case Phanteks P200A PE
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Super Flower Leadex III
Mouse G305
Keyboard Some cheap mechanical keeb
Software Windows
Benchmark Scores Like 5 FPS if I play Dying Light 2 at 8K.
It boggles the mind how they went from Witcher 3 to this mess, but I am glad they have tried to fix it more... but why so long? is it THAT broken?

My opinion: The bugs in videos were insane in comparison to many games I have played at launch, even GTA and Elder Scrolls which to me is an achievement if you can out bug those games. But this game did it 100 times over.

A sad moment for CDPR and even sadder for those who were hyped. Being in my 30's now I tend to take everything with a grain of salt until further information.

Processor R5 5600X
Case Dan Cases A4-SFX
Keyboard Corsair K60
VR HMD HTC Vive
My opinion: The bugs in videos were insane in comparison to many games I have played at launch, even GTA and Elder Scrolls which to me is an achievement if you can out bug those games. But this game did it 100 times over.
In the videos? Have you played the game? Videos and youtubers exaggerate the hell out of things.
I did play Cyberpunk at launch, effectively all the content there was/is and the bugs were not really that widespread. I may be lucky but the same was true for many other players.
Where it was broken was on XB1/PS4, the rest were mostly fine.

GTA and Elders Scrolls have been hilariously bugridden at launch as well but for some reason they get a free pass. Especially GTA where same type of bugs that are the end of the world in some other game are considered just funny.

Display(s) Gigabyte M27Q
Case Phanteks P200A PE
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Mouse G305
Software Windows
In the videos? Have you played the game? Videos and youtubers exaggerate the hell out of things.
I did play Cyberpunk at launch, effectively all the content there was/is and the bugs were not really that widespread. I may be lucky but the same was true for many other players.
Where it was broken was on XB1/PS4, the rest were mostly fine.

GTA and Elders Scrolls have been hilariously bugridden at launch as well but for some reason they get a free pass. Especially GTA where same type of bugs that are the end of the world in some other game are considered just funny.

You are in a biased mind set, the reason is because you enjoy the game so you overlook things, this is the same as when we are in a relationship and you love someone, you make room for them and learn some patience.

Objectively though, Cyberpunk is far worse, Skyrim was a huge game and Youtubers were around back then, what's different?
Your mind.

It was widespread enough for CDPR to admit fault.. so clearly it was an issue and widespread enough.

Processor R5 5600X
Case Dan Cases A4-SFX
Keyboard Corsair K60
VR HMD HTC Vive
You are in a biased mind set, the reason is because you enjoy the game so you overlook things, this is the same as when we are in a relationship and you love someone, you make room for them and learn some patience.

Objectively though, Cyberpunk is far worse, Skyrim was a huge game and Youtubers were around back then, what's different?
Your mind.

It was widespread enough for CDPR to admit fault.. so clearly it was an issue and widespread enough.
Admitting fault may or may not have anything to do with how broken things objectively are. And as I said, it was pretty broken on old-gen consoles.

Other than that, if the technical issues are small enough not to ruin the game experience, that is not a bad result. Bugs are inevitable in a game of this scale. GTA is kind of weird because most of the glaring issues get fixed on consoles and as I said, it gets a pass for many things for some reason. Skyrim was also pretty rough at the release. That was a long time ago (a decade in a couple months!) so I really do not remember what the exact issues were but for example quite horrible UI is something I still remember.

Display(s) Gigabyte M27Q
Case Phanteks P200A PE
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Mouse G305
Software Windows
Admitting fault may or may not have anything to do with how broken things objectively are. And as I said, it was pretty broken on old-gen consoles.

Other than that, if the technical issues are small enough not to ruin the game experience, that is not a bad result. Bugs are inevitable in a game of this scale. GTA is kind of weird because most of the glaring issues get fixed on consoles and as I said, it gets a pass for many things for some reason. Skyrim was also pretty rough at the release. That was a long time ago, so I really do not remember what the exact issues were but for example quite horrible UI is something I still remember.
You mentioned why all other games got a pass... in bold italic.

Do you remember GTA San Andreas? it has many bugs... but no where close to the scale of Cyberpunk, not only that but GTA SA is more advanced also.

GTA V?

I am likely to be removed from this thread because people are strange, they report.

Last edited:
System Name C₂H₅OH
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D Alphacool Core 1 Black
Motherboard ASUS ROG Crosshair X670E GENE
Cooling Custom loop - MO-RA3 420 & 360 Pro - Heatkiller 200 & 150 D5 pump/res combo
Memory G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB F5-8000J4048F24GX2 8GHz 36-44-44
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X Alphacool block
Storage Samsung 980 Pro 1TB - Intel 660 Pro 2TB
Display(s) Asus PG27AQDM 240Hz OLED
Case Streacom BC1 Silver
Audio Device(s) Topping DX7Pro - Topping A90 - Hifiman Ananda - Focal Elear - Focal Radiance - Adam A5X & Adam Sub 7
Power Supply Corsair HX1200
Mouse Logitech G Pro Wireless
Keyboard Ducky One 2 SF White MX Speed Silver / Logitech MX Mechanical
Software Windows 11 Pro
Dear god, Skyrim was hilarious and frustrating at the same time. I've had so many quests get stuck and scripted events not working I stopped playing for a period of time. Cyberpunk on the other hand was quite doable, no major issues in my play through. I had some crashes but some were my own stupid fault. I managed to complete it without major headaches. The tricky thing is that my play through isn't representative of someone else's, enough people were having issues. I DID expect issues from Skyrim since I've played Oblivion and Morrowind so I knew what I was getting into. Cyberpunk on the other hand was new, expectations were through the roof and perhaps not entirely realistic, we all know how massive open worlds are in complexity :p

I've asked five other colleagues about their experience with Cyberpunk and they all experienced about the same that I did. Minor issues, quality of life annoyances, one annoying quest bug, performance not being great and that was about it. For me and my colleagues it wasn't that much worse than some of the other massive open world games like the GTA series, The Elder Scrolls yaddayadda.

Anyway, I might do another run of Cyberpunk since I enjoyed most of it just with a different character and skill set. I noticed that I could now even run the damn game at 4k with decent settings, a nice bonus :D Now do I play as a dude or a woman :confused: