• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

OFFICIAL Cyberpunk 2077 Game Discussion

Processor Ryzen 9 3900X
Motherboard Asus ROG Strix X370-F
Cooling Dark Rock 4, 3x Corsair ML140 front intake, 1x rear exhaust
Memory 2x8GB TridentZ RGB [3600Mhz CL16]
Video Card(s) EVGA 3060ti FTW3 Ultra Gaming
Storage 970 EVO 500GB nvme, 860 EVO 250GB SATA, Seagate Barracuda 1TB + 4TB HDDs
Display(s) 27" MSI G27C4 FHD 165hz
Case NZXT H710
Audio Device(s) Modi Multibit, Vali 2, Shortest Way 51+ - LSR 305's, Focal Clear, HD6xx, HE5xx, LCD-2 Classic
Power Supply Corsair RM650x v2
Mouse iunno whatever cheap crap logitech *clutches Xbox 360 controller security blanket*
Keyboard HyperX Alloy Pro
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores ask your mother
Man, tonight I was hoping to finally put some real time into checking out the new patch - it's been a while. Finally, I go in late tomorrow. Fresh out of the shower I get a call to drive a boxtruck out to move some furniture, first thing tomorrow morning. Of course.

I did the math. 4 hours playtime for 7 hours in bed. I really need a longer session than that to get a good feel. Like, a morning/afternoon thing. I do like it so far though. The gunplay is definitely better balanced. It's much easier to enjoy the great gun feel and sonics when the corresponding effect comes in fitting proportions. Using a double barrel at the start convinced me to go invest a good bit into body and reflexes for now. Man, I did really miss how good the guns feel. There are times where I really think it's about the best there is. Other things make me feel like I'm playing paintball or airsoft, but that can be its own fun too :laugh:

Now, the NPCs generally only have hilarious bugs when there's a loading hiccup. Like, while I was doing the BD intro at Lizzie's, Evelyn decided to skate across the floor in a sitting pose turned up at maybe a 30 degree tilt. So her arms and hands looked like she was trying to be a menacing crab. She scooted just like a go-cart crab lady, it was fantastic. Jet-ski jump pose. 10/10. She did pop into her standing idle after that, and walked right back to her chair. I was still sitting in the BD seat, in dialogue, just watching in awe.

It was right after exiting the BD sequence, so yeah... I think it's safe to say that was loading related. I've seen other times where a space was loading in after 'teleporting' where the NPCs would t-pose about in that brief second before everything came to detail.

Driving is also wayy better, and I now crank the settings with DLSS quality to mostly keep maxed at 82fps half-sync. RT just decimates my poor little RTX 2060, though. It can barely hold 30-40fps with a lot of other settings turned way down. DLSS performance is frankly not enough to get it close to smooth. Bummer, it looks fantastic. Though I never saw this card doing the RT in this game well in the first place.

System Name Cumquat 2021
Processor AMD RyZen R7 7800X3D
Motherboard Asus Strix X670E - E Gaming WIFI
Cooling Deep Cool LT720 + CM MasterGel Pro TP + Lian Li Uni Fan V2
Memory 32GB GSkill Trident Z5 Neo 6000
Video Card(s) Sapphire Nitro+ OC RX6800 16GB DDR6 2270Cclk / 2010Mclk
Storage 1x Adata SX8200PRO NVMe 1TB gen3 x4 1X Samsung 980 Pro NVMe Gen 4 x4 1TB, 12TB of HDD Storage
Display(s) AOC 24G2 IPS 144Hz FreeSync Premium 1920x1080p
Case Lian Li O11D XL ROG edition
Audio Device(s) RX6800 via HDMI + Pioneer VSX-531 amp Technics 100W 5.1 Speaker set
Power Supply EVGA 1000W G5 Gold
Mouse Logitech G502 Proteus Core Wired
Keyboard Logitech G915 Wireless
Software Windows 11 X64 PRO (build 23H2)
Benchmark Scores it sucks even more less now ;)
Well don't think much of CDPR's latest patches for CP2077 I've seen so many bad graphical glitches the entire time I've been playing this game
photomode_24032022_055531.png

What the hell CDPR

Processor Ryzen 9 3900X
Storage 970 EVO 500GB nvme, 860 EVO 250GB SATA, Seagate Barracuda 1TB + 4TB HDDs
Case NZXT H710
Audio Device(s) Modi Multibit, Vali 2, Shortest Way 51+ - LSR 305's, Focal Clear, HD6xx, HE5xx, LCD-2 Classic
Mouse iunno whatever cheap crap logitech *clutches Xbox 360 controller security blanket*
Software Windows 10 Pro
Yeah, I've had a few others tonight, mostly minor and quickly go away on their own or by cycling into a menu (or a different menu if it's happening on the character/inventory menus.) None to stable, either. Crashes? I've had 6.

Nothing like that, though. Looks like the meshes aren't loaded in properly.

System Name Cumquat 2021
Storage 1x Adata SX8200PRO NVMe 1TB gen3 x4 1X Samsung 980 Pro NVMe Gen 4 x4 1TB, 12TB of HDD Storage
Audio Device(s) RX6800 via HDMI + Pioneer VSX-531 amp Technics 100W 5.1 Speaker set
I think I figured out what the cause was, while in Vortex checking mods it turns out the NPC's gone wild mod hasn't yet been updated for the 1.52 patch apparently it causes all sorts of mal formed crap like what I was seeing so I have uninstalled that mod for now (bugger :( )

Processor Ryzen 9 3900X
Case NZXT H710
Software Windows 10 Pro
Well, I can at least run ultra RT lighting at a pretty solid 60FPS, with balanced DLSS and a few slight setting concessions. It's the other settings that *really* kill it. I keep the vanilla psycho reflections, as they actually do quite a lot for the images on their own. This is all at 1080p. Considering I'm still running on one of the slower 1st gen RTX cards, I'll take it. It looks really good.

Even though it's subtle, it's hard to go back from RT GI once you've seen a game with. All of the materials and surfaces just look wrong, somehow. There's something about RT GI that takes away from the visual "reconstruct factor" needed for my brain to let me stop wondering what those materials are. That schism between what you see and a fully congealing compartment reality. There's always 'denoising' that needs to happen for us to 'feel out' game environments. Suspension of disbelief is eroded slowly, over decades at this point. But the thing the RT lighting works on is the feeling out. It just makes it easier for me to process what I see as whole, complete images. Just accept them more subconsiously and intuitively. It really is a feeling. There's no one thing you can look at while playing to just *see* what it's doing. Yet things always look false when you transition back from it. It has this intangible naturalness to it. It really just looks so nice. Without it, it's still good. It just all looks like it smells like old community lego bricks. All I got *shrug*

I'm starting my character over. Definitely going heavier towards body and reflexes for a general gunslinger build. I'll put a slight emphasis on tech and cool, ~lvl8. Now that I've tried out a few of the guns, I really just want to have fun with a bunch of them.

Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
Well don't think much of CDPR's latest patches for CP2077 I've seen so many bad graphical glitches the entire time I've been playing this game View attachment 241088

What the hell CDPR
What do you mean what the hell. This is a feature, please revisit your optional cybernetic implants. Invisible is the new black!

Well, I can at least run ultra RT lighting at a pretty solid 60FPS, with balanced DLSS and a few slight setting concessions. It's the other settings that *really* kill it. I keep the vanilla psycho reflections, as they actually do quite a lot for the images on their own. This is all at 1080p. Considering I'm still running on one of the slower 1st gen RTX cards, I'll take it. It looks really good.

Even though it's subtle, it's hard to go back from RT GI once you've seen a game with. All of the materials and surfaces just look wrong, somehow. There's something about RT GI that takes away from the visual "reconstruct factor" needed for my brain to let me stop wondering what those materials are. That schism between what you see and a fully congealing compartment reality. There's always 'denoising' that needs to happen for us to 'feel out' game environments. Suspension of disbelief is eroded slowly, over decades at this point. But the thing the RT lighting works on is the feeling out. It just makes it easier for me to process what I see as whole, complete images. Just accept them more subconsiously and intuitively. It really is a feeling. There's no one thing you can look at while playing to just *see* what it's doing. Yet things always look false when you transition back from it. It has this intangible naturalness to it. It really just looks so nice. Without it, it's still good. It just all looks like it smells like old community lego bricks. All I got *shrug*

I'm starting my character over. Definitely going heavier towards body and reflexes for a general gunslinger build. I'll put a slight emphasis on tech and cool, ~lvl8. Now that I've tried out a few of the guns, I really just want to have fun with a bunch of them.
Heh well honestly I've been seeing a single image in front of me ever since Super Mario World. Not sure what you're talking about. its a rabbit hole, that, the same one as high refresh. You never needed it, until you went for it :) Its possible to go back, just reset expectations and take a step back. Its a game, and your mind makes the good stuff happen ;) Also yes, Reflex is king, once you get the hang of the katana or any other melee weapon, you're stuck with it same as RT or refresh rate of choice :D

Processor Ryzen 9 3900X
Case NZXT H710
Software Windows 10 Pro
What do you mean what the hell. This is a feature, please revisit your optional cybernetic implants. Invisible is the new black!

Heh well honestly I've been seeing a single image in front of me ever since Super Mario World. Not sure what you're talking about. its a rabbit hole, that, the same one as high refresh. You never needed it, until you went for it :) Its possible to go back, just reset expectations and take a step back. Its a game, and your mind makes the good stuff happen ;) Also yes, Reflex is king, once you get the hang of the katana or any other melee weapon, you're stuck with it same as RT or refresh rate of choice :D
Hah, I hear you, but that's kinda what I'm getting at. It has this effect on me that throws my normal expectations way off. You know how I retrain? I play Fallout lol. Or I may even play some retro console stuff, dig up some childhood PC game. But it definitely is a moving target. People's expectations are a culmination of what they are playing at the time. I find that works on me, even when I think it doesn't. To me, it's not something worth trying to shake. I just kinda let things shift organically.

You make a good point about visually simpler games. They get an edge up in looking 'complete' by the expectations they set with their style. It doesn't promise exacting detail, but instead a faithful, if not *stylistically* fanciful rendition of its essence. It's easy for your mind to take that abstraction and model the real things. So those things can feel 'real' for you, even if they read as just art consciously. It doesn't really make your brain work too hard on processing things. Easier to track the action, too. Everything is just more direct. It has this rawness to it that plugs you in on a more instinctual level. It all billows out into this engrossing experience of being in another reality for a while. It's this thing that really is not even in the game in any real way, but lives inside of your imagination.

I think it's just different when it comes to games intent on pseudo-realistic visuals. It is a lot more to work out, many more seams and ways to fall apart visually. It's been a long crawl up, with games slowly bringing different elements to form. And I can say for sure that early 3D games never did much to immerse me visually. I might find it had a cool style or something, but the gameplay was driving the immersion. Being in a 3D space for the first time was so much more immersive. That goes away though, and the next frontier is VR. Once you play enough 3D games, see how a bunch of different ones go together, there are these points of ingress that hit on each one. They're all great, and plenty capable of being visually engrossing. The amount of insane-looking games that have come out in the last 10 years is astonishing. But something about the lighting possible with raytracing just sort of 'breaks' them a little for me. It's one of those things you just don't notice until you see a game with much more natural-looking RT lighting. And then it's like you can't un-see it.

I value the sentiment that immersion is simple and that overthinking it can deprive you of those experiences. Maybe I just seem nitpicky. But I take a more progressive attitude towards those sorts of advancements in that by being able to nail those aspects of the image down so easily and consistently, it opens up the visual creative process to new ways of trying to accomplish things, which gives us games that look not so much just *better* than games before, in terms of fidelity, but also - and maybe especially, *different* in appearance from any games that came before them. Things that didn't work so well before could have a totally different impact now. That's what it is for me. Nothing else looks like them. It reminds me of hearing my favorite songs with my first really good pair of headphones. To go back to your old stuff feels wrong after that.

I didn't mean to ramble about that, though. :laugh: You know I like katana builds, and a lot of the forearm cyberware weapons. Double jump around moving super fast with the reflex speed boost. Rip through stuff with ease using powerful legendary swords. But I'm eschewing melee. The main reason I want body is for a lot of the cyberware available. It also has a lot of perks that are good in general combat. I want the shotgun buffs, along with the fast movement from the reflex attribute. But I'm starting off with the Dying Night. Between the ricochet and very high headshot boosts with that gun, I think it will carry me through early levels easily. I kinda see it being useable through the whole game. We'll see. I only went about 40% in before I started over. Past the start, I kinda don't know. I know I'll eventually get cool up to 7 for Assassin's static 15% damage boost to humans. A few other perks I can throw spare points into there. I definitely want to get close to maxing reflexes and body. Dunno how far I'll push tech, I wanna use power weapons mostly, and no smarts. No intelligence, either. Sandevistan. I think the best one has a cooldown of like 4 seconds before you can activate it again... which sounds totally broken to me. Who needs brains when you can become Neo?

-----------------------NEW POST---------------------------

Well, now that it's the weekend and I'm playing at a slow pace, I'm finding the fun stuff. When you wander and look in shops instead of going right to the Afterlife to go full post-lockdown, you see very interesting things... like a cyberware mod crafting spec for something that costs significantly less to make than it sells for. It's like 7:1 sell price to crafting price.... I think, I haven't actually calculated it. To make a target analysis cyberware mod costs 5 common, uncommon, and rare components... and sells for over 700 ennies. How much are those 15 bits of misc worth? Not 700 ennies lol.

This has to be pretty widely known by now. It's so accessible, you can start the moment you have 2000-odd ennies to buy the spec with. And you'll probably pass by the shop that sells it before you even lose Jackie. I walked in there with like 3k in ennies and walked out with 15k, just crafting a handful with the materials I got from the Maelstrom job. At shops that sell the crafting materials, you could hang out buying and selling until they're tapped, cycle 24h and repeat.

It makes sense that they're expensive without the crafting spec. That's what makes the spec worth having... but also worth exploiting lol. Gotta close that loop somewhere else. I'm trying so hard not to go on a cyberware shopping spree, be kind to the game. Why this mod even has a crafting spec to begin with, I'm not fully understanding. It makes sense with weapons and armor, where you roll for the stats and buffs, but target analysis is STRICTLY an on/off function - no improvement to be had by crafting a bunch, no 'better' version to make. You kinda only need one. Forever. Buying the spec makes no sense when you could always buy one for less or find one for free. They could just get rid of it and fix this, and literally nothing is lost in the game. Other eye mods DO have percentages that I think could be somewhat randomized based on crafting skill or character level. But this one just makes your smart bullets non-lethal. Lack of granularity here, making all of them craft-able unnecessarily, and in doing so, opening a new door.

Best way to solve this would be to make a 'crafted' version of these items that differs from bought ones. Lore explanation could be that vendors don't pay a good price for handmade stuff they can't trust. Nobody wants to buy the botched pieces you made but can't use. The main advantage of buying the spec is then to roll for random traits that are superior to what you could ever buy. And you pay for that in time and resources. Now you have a good, balanced mechanic for crafted items. Maybe make it variable by item type. A really exceptionally well crafted weapon could sell for enormously more than a regular one... a very rare roll on a 'value' attribute that makes it 'one of a kind' for vendors, who will pay good ennies for the work of a skilled crafter, while no vendor is paying much if anything for shady, improvised optics mods. Same thing can go with all mods, really. Make the crafted ones have little to no sell value.

Last edited:
System Name PC-GX1
Processor i9 10900 non K (stock) TDP 65w
Motherboard asrock b560 steel legend | Realtek ALC897
Cooling cooler master hyper 2x12 LED turbo argb | 5x12cm fan rgb intake | 3x12cm fan rgb exhaust
Memory corsair vengeance LPX 2x32gb ddr4 3600mhz
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 3080 10GB Gaming Z Trio LHR TDP 370w| 551.76 WHQL | MSI AB v4.65 | RTSS v7.35
Storage NVME 2+2TB gen3| SSD 4TB sata3 | 1+2TB 7200rpm sata3| 4+4+5TB USB3 (optional)
Display(s) AOC U34P2C (IPS panel, 3440x1440 75hz) + speaker 5W*2 | APC BX1100CI MS (660w)
Case lianli lancool 2 mesh RGB windows - white edition | 1x dvd-RW usb 3.0 (optional)
Audio Device(s) Nakamichi soundstation8w 2.1 100W RMS | Simbadda CST 9000N+ 2.1 352W RMS
Power Supply seasonic focus gx-850w 80+ gold - white edition 2021 | APC BX2200MI MS (1200w)
Mouse steelseries sensei ten | logitech g440
Keyboard steelseries apex 5 | steelseries QCK prism cloth XL | steelseries arctis 5
VR HMD -
Software dvd win 10 home 64bit oem + full update 22H2
Benchmark Scores -
finally.... after 111 hours in steam ......

V its look a like commander shepard from mass effect series.....

back to the nicght city, 1 last GIG...... i want to unlock the secret ending but its failed, because that mission is not coming up........... damn it, man....

Processor Threadripper 3955WX
Motherboard M12SWA-TF
Cooling Arctic Freezer 4U SP3
Memory G.Skill Trident Z DDR4-3733 (2x8GB)
Video Card(s) 5700XT + 3x RX 590
Storage A lot
Display(s) ViewSonic G225fB
Case Corsair 760T
Audio Device(s) Sound Blaster Z SE
Power Supply be quiet! DPP12 1500W
Keyboard IBM F122
Software 10 LTSC
So 1.52 was supposed to fix a glitch with AMD cards that makes your character basically a pitch black model with no textures, that didn't happen, I tried updating my drivers just in case but the issue persists with an RX 5700XT. Can't create a new character because of this bug, still have to do the Corpo playthrough.
Can confirm the bugs shown in #1,927 also persist.

I also have a bugged quest involving the recovery of some fuel rods from a building that basically can't be completed because there's no objective, I believe the NPC that gives the quest should call V at the end of the quest to pay him but that didn't happen.
Oh and if I repeat the solo ending I get stuck after waking up in the apartment as I can't find any clothes or the jacket it tells me I have to wear before going any further, I did had those items from the first time I got to that ending so I guess they don't automatically respawn after the first time, and V's inventory is empty, there's no way to access the stash where I put those items because of their terrible stats so I guess that's where the game ends, V is doomed to spend the rest of his days in a fancy apartment with no clothes, truly a fate worse than death. I've read there are cheats I could use to add the items but I'm afraid it'll ruin the game even more.

Processor Ryzen 9 3900X
Case NZXT H710
Software Windows 10 Pro
The main issue I'm having is a "cursed" frame drop bug. This happened a while back and was fixed, but I get the same behavior as before. It's like if the wrong things get triggered, the game will gradually grind the frame rate down and not allow it to return fully to baseline. It takes these little dips where it's like it's holding water. Something memory or scripting related.

Character menu is a good way to trigger it for me. If I leave the game there for 5 minutes to go to the bathroom or get some food, I'm rolling dice on coming back to a 'cursed' game that will gradually lag itself out of playability. Other times, it will hit these spots in the game where there will be deep, deep dips... more like a little frame *crash* - and then when you leave the area, the game will just never fully recover. Frame rates *seem* to go back up, but they still don't peak quite where they should. I had to watch them for a while to confirm that. But no, when areas that you see always running 80-90 fps suddenly yield stuttering 60s, only returning to normal after restarting the game, you know something is up. That leaves other places down in the 20s and 30s <.< I'd be in those areas like "WTF... but it's fine over there... this area is really that heavy? Was it always this heavy?" not realizing its not "fine" anywhere :laugh:

I've already done the basic troubleshooting with it. The last time this happened, only a patch fixed it for me. Right now there are places where performance just runs away wildly.

Maybe something with loading optimization not cleaning up its messes? I'm running on a fat HDD, though I know what effect that has, and it's nothing like this. I would think it would be more widespread in that case. I'm betting it's something hardware-compatibility related. I have no clue.

Easy fix, restarting the game. Not super, super common. But something that sneaks up on you every now and again. You boil like a frog because of how slowly the lag builds up... but that's the other thing. There is a subtle tell that's fairly immediate. Perceived frametime consistency dumps, even at higher frame rates. Normally, 50fps is actually fairly playable for me with this game. It feels sluggish but even when it's taxing things, it's not hitchy, if that makes sense. When the bug sets in, even 70fps can be noticeably choppy, even if the counter barely fluctuates. Meanwhile, that spot should be giving you 90 (and of course will, after a save and restart.) It's that kinda thing.

Last edited:
Processor Ryzen 9 3900X
Case NZXT H710
Software Windows 10 Pro
Some things just make no sense in this game for me. Just the dumbest, most arbitrary stuff. Don't get me wrong, I love this game. But why TF are there two types of crafting components for each rarity? I don't get the meaning of the delineation, or what, (mechanically speaking,) they are meant to facilitate. It is actually arbitrary to me, no hyperbole. What does it do for the game?

So... for common and uncommon components, there is only one type. But for rare, epic, and legendary, you have 'item components' and 'upgrade components' which you would think were used for different things. And true enough... as far as I have seen, you pretty much never use a single upgrade component to craft an item. However, pretty much every upgrade I've done on any 'rare or better' item has required equal amounts of the item component to the upgrade one. And the cost for upgrades can be huge. It seems to me the item components are a bit harder to come by, too. I keep running out of rare item components and pretty much all I do is upgrade. My upgrades are always being capped by how many item components I have. Isn't that backwards? The main component used for upgrading would usually be ones actually designated for it, right? And in fact, you WOULD expect to find more of those, as by nature upgrading happens often and costs a lot of parts as you get further up, while making a new item is far more occasional. Even less so when you're burning all of your supposed parts for making items on the upgrades. Like, you can't use the upgrade components for anything else, unlike the item ones, which are dual-purpose... and then your upgrades are capped by level. That enables a runaway that leaves you low on the item components... and I'm not sure what problem this lopsided splitting and cost-doubling is even meant to solve in the first place. It actually just makes upgrading stupidly expensive x2.

So fuck it, go to the shops and swap them. Same value between a rare item and rare upgrade component. But that's tedium - bottom-level meta busywork. I have to halt progress to go shuffle in menus. And for what again? So we can have two types of components that seem to balance nothing in any meaningful way? I mean, legit, if somebody can give me a reason to have it that way, I'm all ears. It becomes absurd. You can start to rack up a fair amount of components, but even buying out shops, upgrading eats such an absurd amount of components that it's not worth it. It becomes THOUSANDS upon THOUSANDS of eddies worth of materials to squeeze out what are barely double digit boosts to total DPS. That's... not balanced, if you ask me. It's like crawling through the desert on your bare stomach, upgrading weapons in this game.

Last edited:
Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
Some things just make no sense in this game for me. Just the dumbest, most arbitrary stuff. Don't get me wrong, I love this game. But why TF are there two types of crafting components for each rarity? I don't get the meaning of the delineation, or what, (mechanically speaking,) they are meant to facilitate. It is actually arbitrary to me, no hyperbole. What does it do for the game?

So... for common and uncommon components, there is only one type. But for rare, epic, and legendary, you have 'item components' and 'upgrade components' which you would think were used for different things. And true enough... as far as I have seen, you pretty much never use a single upgrade component to craft an item. However, pretty much every upgrade I've done on any 'rare or better' item has required equal amounts of the item component to the upgrade one. And the cost for upgrades can be huge. It seems to me the item components are a bit harder to come by, too. I keep running out of rare item components and pretty much all I do is upgrade. My upgrades are always being capped by how many item components I have. Isn't that backwards? The main component used for upgrading would usually be ones actually designated for it, right? And in fact, you WOULD expect to find more of those, as by nature upgrading happens often and costs a lot of parts as you get further up, while making a new item is far more occasional. Even less so when you're burning all of your supposed parts for making items on the upgrades. Like, you can't use the upgrade components for anything else, unlike the item ones, which are dual-purpose... and then your upgrades are capped by level. That enables a runaway that leaves you low on the item components... and I'm not sure what problem this lopsided splitting and cost-doubling is even meant to solve in the first place. It actually just makes upgrading stupidly expensive x2.

So fuck it, go to the shops and swap them. Same value between a rare item and rare upgrade component. But that's tedium - bottom-level meta busywork. I have to halt progress to go shuffle in menus. And for what again? So we can have two types of components that seem to balance nothing in any meaningful way? I mean, legit, if somebody can give me a reason to have it that way, I'm all ears. It becomes absurd. You can start to rack up a fair amount of components, but even buying out shops, upgrading eats such an absurd amount of components that it's not worth it. It becomes THOUSANDS upon THOUSANDS of eddies worth of materials to squeeze out what are barely double digit boosts to total DPS. That's... not balanced, if you ask me. It's like crawling through the desert on your bare stomach, upgrading weapons in this game.

Remember they also had (and still have? haven't played the game past 1.2) money making and duping bugs in those systems; you can buy components at lower price than its crafting results. Or the simple fact you can just craft hundreds of green or blue items and sell them off for profit, which really makes no sense IMHO unless you are playing an mmo grinder with an auction house. The fact your inventory even supports it. The fact shopkeepers support it with a buy/sell mechanic straight out of TES (buy goodies so you can sell more, even though there is the implied 'shopkeepers have limited money' thing to stop you getting rich easily)...

I mean just put a money cheat in there from the get go if you make the game economy that weak. I vividly remember the 'chore' the game puts on your shoulders by offering this easy road to money. Fun factor zero, time sink yes, but its utterly unrewarding to not cheat and still access everything so easily. To me, it also harms the immersive factor, I mean in what world can you make money like this?

And the same weird logic as you say applies to upgrading, but then in reverse. Maybe they meant this to be the 'gold sink' that you put all those excess components towards? I don't get it either. All it serves I believe is to make sure you can keep your favorite weapon lasting as many levels as you can afford after obtaining it or finding a higher leveled new one. Because that's really what upgrading does, it moves item level up, and the cost doubling is an idea stolen from (again!) grindy MMO's. But really there is more; if you tally up the results of a tour through 'inventory and item management' you note the whole thing is broken as hell and a disfunctional box of ideas. Like, they just took TW3's item mechanics (the level-based approach is a straight copy) and thought 'how can we make this as nonsensical and retarded as humanly possible, because cyber future and materialism craziness' (??? I mean, surely there's a method to this madness, that must be it). There is no real other explanation. Or its just really the token of a badly managed project with numerous unfinished ideas. Recapping this, its more likely to be the latter. But its really everywhere. You mentioned the crafting specs earlier. How about those duplicates you keep getting. How about paying for them and then not having them do anything. Or the stat scores attached to certain cybernetic implants: there is no semblance of balance whatsoever - the same principle applies to the relation between 'Street Cred' and actual level - there is none, but street cred will give you access to god tier items... except, too bad if you're all about implants, because they also have stat requirements ?!?! There is no real 'trade off' system around stats either. They just thought 'this sounds like it belongs to Agility' so that's that. This is why stuff like Reflex is infinitely better than most other stuff for example. The wild mix of scaling and absolute values for skills, items, etc. Like, why and what the FUCK is 300 armor? And why can I just stack three of them on any odd item and be a walking tank in casual jeans? I could go on, but like you... I start noticing and I can't unsee it, and it must be explored and properly abused to see what it leads to. For me it led to a game that lost most credibility and is unlikely to get it back :) The thing is, even after numerous bug fixes and system 'overhauls' most of this horrible stuff is still in there. So CDPR is either on a very long list of must haves before these 'nice to haves' (ahem.?) are up for development... or they simply won't ever bother because 'this is fine'.

Last edited:
System Name Cumquat 2021
I've always just gone with the load up to the hilt with crap and then spend five to ten minutes decompiling it all for components to upgrade gear or make upgrade components

INSTG8R

Vanguard Beta Tester
System Name Hellbox 5.1(same case new guts)
Processor Ryzen 7 5800X3D
Motherboard MSI X570S MAG Torpedo Max
Cooling TT Kandalf L.C.S.(Water/Air)EK Velocity CPU Block/Noctua EK Quantum DDC Pump/Res
Memory 2x16GB Gskill Trident Neo Z 3600 CL16
Video Card(s) Powercolor Hellhound 7900XTX
Storage 970 Evo Plus 500GB 2xSamsung 850 Evo 500GB RAID 0 1TB WD Blue Corsair MP600 Core 2TB
Display(s) Alienware QD-OLED 34” 3440x1440 144hz 10Bit VESA HDR 400
Case TT Kandalf L.C.S.
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster ZX/Logitech Z906 5.1
Power Supply Seasonic TX~’850 Platinum
Mouse G502 Hero
Keyboard G19s
VR HMD Oculus Quest 2
Software Win 10 Pro x64
I've always just gone with the load up to the hilt with crap and then spend five to ten minutes decompiling it all for components to upgrade gear or make upgrade components
Same. I’m always a hoarder/pack rat and pick up everything and anything not nailed down then like you, when I get “full” I just sort everything and break down anything I’m not gonna use.

Processor Ryzen 5 5600X
Motherboard MSI MPG X570S Carbon Max Wifi
Cooling CPU: bequiet! Dark Rock 4. Case fans: 2x bequiet Silent Wings 3 140s, 2x Silent Wings 3 120s
Memory 2 x 8 GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4-4400 C19
Video Card(s) Sapphire NITRO+ RX 5700 XT
Storage 2TB Mushkin Pilot-E M.2, 1 TB SK Hynix P31 M.2, 1 TB Inland Professional, 500 GB Samsung 860 Evo
Display(s) MSI Optix MAG271CQR 1440p 144Hz, MSI Optix MAG241C 1080p 144Hz
Case Lian Li Lancool III
Audio Device(s) Philips SHP9500, V-Moda BoomPro, Sybasonic Better Connectivity USB DAC/Amp
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA G3 80+ Gold 750W
Mouse Glorious Model D Wireless
Keyboard Custom Qwertykeys Navy QK80: Sarokeys Strawberry Wine switches, GMK CYL DMG3 keycaps
The main issue I'm having is a "cursed" frame drop bug. This happened a while back and was fixed, but I get the same behavior as before. It's like if the wrong things get triggered, the game will gradually grind the frame rate down and not allow it to return fully to baseline. It takes these little dips where it's like it's holding water. Something memory or scripting related.

Character menu is a good way to trigger it for me. If I leave the game there for 5 minutes to go to the bathroom or get some food, I'm rolling dice on coming back to a 'cursed' game that will gradually lag itself out of playability. Other times, it will hit these spots in the game where there will be deep, deep dips... more like a little frame *crash* - and then when you leave the area, the game will just never fully recover. Frame rates *seem* to go back up, but they still don't peak quite where they should. I had to watch them for a while to confirm that. But no, when areas that you see always running 80-90 fps suddenly yield stuttering 60s, only returning to normal after restarting the game, you know something is up. That leaves other places down in the 20s and 30s <.< I'd be in those areas like "WTF... but it's fine over there... this area is really that heavy? Was it always this heavy?" not realizing its not "fine" anywhere :laugh:

I've already done the basic troubleshooting with it. The last time this happened, only a patch fixed it for me. Right now there are places where performance just runs away wildly.

Maybe something with loading optimization not cleaning up its messes? I'm running on a fat HDD, though I know what effect that has, and it's nothing like this. I would think it would be more widespread in that case. I'm betting it's something hardware-compatibility related. I have no clue.

Easy fix, restarting the game. Not super, super common. But something that sneaks up on you every now and again. You boil like a frog because of how slowly the lag builds up... but that's the other thing. There is a subtle tell that's fairly immediate. Perceived frametime consistency dumps, even at higher frame rates. Normally, 50fps is actually fairly playable for me with this game. It feels sluggish but even when it's taxing things, it's not hitchy, if that makes sense. When the bug sets in, even 70fps can be noticeably choppy, even if the counter barely fluctuates. Meanwhile, that spot should be giving you 90 (and of course will, after a save and restart.) It's that kinda thing.
Memory leak? Sort of recall that being an issue with some early builds of the game

I finally started to play Cyberpunk 2077 after waiting for the first nextgen update. I'm only thirty hours in but I have to say that this game is just awesome.
I'm having so much fun plaiyng it. Sure there some glitch and bugs but nothing that could lowering gaming pleasure.
Night City is just huuuuuge and so complex. Between missions I like just walking around and enjoying the graphics and the art direction.
I'm playing at 1440p with all options maxed out with DLSS set on quality and the game is smooth and so gorgeous to watch. There are so many details around.
Missions are fun and just started to feel really challenging (I'm level 27). Combats are fun and chaotics if you just rush and fire and even more funny with a stealth approach.
Dialogs are really well writtens and the voice acting are just perfects (they even used the real Keanu Reeves voice actor for the italian version).
And I have to say it...this games jsut worth they play onaly for the reason that Keanu Reeves is in...the dialogs and the interaction with him are just epic and intense.
Can't wait to level up and progress the story. I think everyone should give it a try. Well done CDRedProject

photomode_31032022_153200.png

System Name Ryzen Monster
Processor Ryzen 5 5600X
Motherboard Asus ROG Crosshair Hero VII WiFi
Cooling Corsair H100i RGB Platinum
Memory Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB (4x8GB) 3200Mhz CMW16GX4M2C3200C16
Video Card(s) Asus ROG Strix RX5700XT OC 8Gb
Storage WD Black 500GB NVMe 250Gb Samsung SSD, OCZ 500Gb SSD WD M.2 500Gb, plus three spinners up to 1.5Tb
Display(s) LG 32GK650F-B 32" UltraGear™ QHD
Case Cooler Master Storm Trooper
Audio Device(s) Supreme FX on board
Power Supply Corsair RM850X full modular
Mouse Corsair M65 Pro
Keyboard Corsair Strafe RGB Silent
VR HMD Headphones Logitech G533 wireless
Software Windows 11 Start 11
Benchmark Scores 3DMark Time Spy 4532 (9258 March 2021, 9399 July 2021)
Anyone remember the fight that you have to win against the twin skinheads? Well I was really struggling because it was almost a QTE and I kept getting the stuffing knocked out of me.
Anyway, I left the game for a few months, went back to the twins, gave them both a right hook and they gave up. Just two punches.
Either it was a glitch or I'd been in training, Either way, I was glad to see the back of them :D

Processor R5 5600X
Motherboard ASUS ROG STRIX B550-I GAMING
Cooling Alpenföhn Black Ridge
Memory 2*16GB DDR4-2666 VLP @3800
Video Card(s) EVGA Geforce RTX 3080 XC3
Storage 1TB Samsung 970 Pro, 2TB Intel 660p
Display(s) ASUS PG279Q, Eizo EV2736W
Case Dan Cases A4-SFX
Power Supply Corsair SF600
Mouse Corsair Ironclaw Wireless RGB
Keyboard Corsair K60
VR HMD HTC Vive
Did they nerf Razer in some patch? THAT was some pretty awful fight :)

Space Lynx

Astronaut
Cyberpunk 2077 went on sale today $4.99 at best buy, xbox and ps4 and ps5.

i went to go grab a copy, but as expected, sold out.

if you live near a local best buy, it might be worth trying to visit one to price match the website. not sure if that works or not. pc not included in this sale.

Processor Ryzen 5 5600X
Storage WD Black 500GB NVMe 250Gb Samsung SSD, OCZ 500Gb SSD WD M.2 500Gb, plus three spinners up to 1.5Tb
Mouse Corsair M65 Pro
I played a couple of hours yesterday, mainly because I wanted to see if A. the game would get any better and B. if I would get hooked in the same way as Deus Ex and its successors, for example.
Negative on both counts and I can only put it down to that fact that I simply don't care about the characters or storyline enough to keep me playing. I'll probably finish it eventually, but only by shooting everyone else.

Processor Ryzen 5 5600X
Mouse Corsair M65 Pro
I finally finished the game after a torturous ending getting up and down off a bed, solving a Rubik's cube and getting very annoyed indeed. If only it had more shootouts like at the end of the game and that Johnny Stupidhands just drove me up the effing wall.
I'll pop into it from time to time just to annoy all the NPCs, get the cops onto me and shoot the place up. Having said all that, the game does have the best character models I've ever seen. The details are stunning.

System Name Desktop
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 5600X [3.7GHz/4.6GHz][6C/12T]
Motherboard ASUS TUF Gaming X570-PRO [X570]
Cooling Cooler Master Hyper 212 RGB Black Edition
Memory G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB [DDR4 3600][2x16GB][16-19-19-39@1.35V]
Video Card(s) ASUS KO GeForce RTX 3060 Ti V2 OC Edition 8GB GDDR6 [511.65]
Storage [OS] Samsung 970 Evo 500GB | [Storage] 980 1TB | 860 Evo 1TB | 850 Evo 500GB | Seagate Firecuda 2TB
Display(s) LG 27GL850 [27"][2560x1440@144Hz][Nano IPS][LED][G-SYNC Compatible][DP]
Case Corsair Obsidian 750D
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC S1200A High Definition Audio CODEC
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G1+ [+12V: 83.3A 999.6W][80 Plus Gold]
Mouse Logitech M570 Trackball
Keyboard Corsair Gaming K55 RGB
Software Microsoft Windows 10 Pro [21H1][64-bit]
Personally I didn't mind Cortana in the first few games, the new Halo Infinite Cortana kind of annoys me, I also didn't mind Johnny.

System Name Cumquat 2021
Johnny always struck me as the kinda guy you'd see driving a white van with come see my puppies and get free lollies painted on the side