• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Cyberpunk 2077 Official Gameplay Trailer Released

System Name MSI GP76
Processor intel i7 11800h
Cooling 2 laptop fans
Memory 32gb of 3000mhz DDR4
Video Card(s) Nvidia 3070
Storage x2 PNY 8tb cs2130 m.2 SSD--16tb of space
Display(s) 17.3" IPS 1920x1080 240Hz
Power Supply 280w laptop power supply
Mouse Logitech m705
Keyboard laptop keyboard
Software lots of movies and Windows 10 with win 7 shell
Benchmark Scores Good enough for me
More trailers than the number of times the game was delayed or the other way around, I can't tell.
I rather have a delayed game than a piece of $hit game like fallout 76.

the54thvoid

Intoxicated Moderator
Staff member
Processor Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard MSI MAG Mortar B650 (wifi)
Cooling be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4
Memory 32GB Kingston Fury
Video Card(s) Gainward RTX4070ti
Storage Seagate FireCuda 530 M.2 1TB / Samsumg 960 Pro M.2 512Gb
Display(s) LG 32" 165Hz 1440p GSYNC
Case Asus Prime AP201
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply be quiet! Pure POwer M12 850w Gold (ATX3.0)
Software W10
So, Cyberpunk 2077 is based on a game created and published by R Talsorian studios, which is owned by Mike Pondsmith, a very cool guy who appears to have come straight out of his own game...

After years of development featuring an attention to detail verging on the maniacal, the result, Pondsmith said, “looked like it had walked out of my brain.”

That Cyberpunk 2077 has the seal of approval from the tabletop game's creator should be enough to slap down arguments about the game content. As for the graphical content, I can't see any issue with it. I'm assuming people were once again expecting hyper-realism, the like of which isn't possible yet. When minimal RT effects bring systems to their knees, it's no surprise some will be disappointed but that's human nature.

Also, graphics effects of modern flat surfaces are more difficult to render without 100% RT being implemented. We discern shape from structrure and light. A flat plastic/aluminium wall, or a shopping mall floor has no 'texture' - we rely on light to make it appear meaningful to our brain. In real life it is hard to gather data from certain visual sources due to a lack of texture (and therefore an absence of cast shadows and 'bumps' from which to create a mental image).

The Witcher 3 looked awesome (back then, still does). AC Valhalla looks awesome. But nature is easy to mimic and fool the eye. You have a field of grass that sways in the wind, but really, you're being given an anaemic representation of what should be millions of blades--you only get thousands. It's very unreal. A bunch of flowers in bloom look lovely from afar but close up in a game, those flowers will be revealed as lacking correct structural detail. But in said game, they'll look amazing. You then try and make modern, constructed surfaces look realistic and you have problems. As mentioned, our modern world is revealed not by texture but by reflection and shadow. You look at a calm lake, a frozen pond, and in the 'right' light, human eyes will not be able to identify distance or depth. That holds true for 3D representations of flat 'city' textures. Very hard to make look hyper-real without perfect RT to give the lighting required.

Regardless, graphics are secondary to an immersive game and the trailer wouldn't be so dumb as to give everything away. And in terms of comparisons to other games, that's all personal choice and utterly subjective. GTAV bored the shit out of me. I'm not expecting this to be the same.

I'm expecting this to be an entertaining game that should provide me with hours and hours of enjoyment. Anything else is a bonus.

System Name Apex Raptor: Silverback
Processor Intel i9 13900KS 6.2GHz/Allcore5.9
Motherboard z790 Apex
Cooling LT720 360mm + Phanteks T30
Memory 32GB @8000MT/s CL36
Video Card(s) RTX 4090
Storage 990 PRO 2TB / Firecuda 530 2TB
Display(s) Neo G8 / C1 65"
Case Antec Performance 1
Audio Device(s) DT 1990 Pro / Motu M2
Power Supply Prime Ultra Titanium 1000w
Mouse Scimitar Pro
Keyboard K95 Platinum
So these latest trailers confirmed the female voice will be the same actress as in the first preview.
Given I kinda dislike what ive heard of the male vo so far I think im going to go with a female char. (its the same va as P5 makoto btw)

System Name Ryzen Monster
Processor Ryzen 5 5600X
Motherboard Asus ROG Crosshair Hero VII WiFi
Cooling Corsair H100i RGB Platinum
Memory Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB (4x8GB) 3200Mhz CMW16GX4M2C3200C16
Video Card(s) Asus ROG Strix RX5700XT OC 8Gb
Storage WD Black 500GB NVMe 250Gb Samsung SSD, OCZ 500Gb SSD WD M.2 500Gb, plus three spinners up to 1.5Tb
Display(s) LG 32GK650F-B 32" UltraGear™ QHD
Case Cooler Master Storm Trooper
Audio Device(s) Supreme FX on board
Power Supply Corsair RM850X full modular
Mouse Corsair M65 Pro
Keyboard Corsair Strafe RGB Silent
VR HMD Headphones Logitech G533 wireless
Software Windows 11 Start 11
Benchmark Scores 3DMark Time Spy 4532 (9258 March 2021, 9399 July 2021)
Processor AMD Ryzen 3700x
Motherboard asus ROG Strix B-350I Gaming
Cooling Deepcool LS520 SE
Memory crucial ballistix 32Gb DDR4
Video Card(s) RTX 3070 FE
Storage WD sn550 1To/WD ssd sata 1To /WD black sn750 1To/Seagate 2To/WD book 4 To back-up
Display(s) LG GL850
Case Dan A4 H2O
Audio Device(s) sennheiser HD58X
Power Supply Corsair SF600
Mouse MX master 3
Keyboard Master Key Mx
Software win 11 pro
You are not worth replying. This is the thing you posted for what I wrote,

A ballooning and weakened area in an artery.
Aneurysms often occur in the aorta, brain, back of the knee, intestine, or spleen. A ruptured aneurysm can result in internal bleeding, stroke, and can sometimes be fatal.
Aneurysms often have no symptoms until they rupture.
Treatment varies from watchful waiting to emergency surgery. The choice depends on the location, size, and condition of the

Shows who is having the actual Stroke over what ? A game which is not even released. And scoffing at someone because they are not in the same line of thought, I never know how fanboys are, I see one hardcore, hellbent on defending.

When I say XP and DMG indicators on the Borderlands gameplay you don't even care on the gameplay aspect but what do you have ? Some screencaps of boardgame and then teaching about dark and uglification. I've seen a lot of Cyberpunk works and have them with me as well. I don't need your naive superficial understanding of that.

"The cyberpunk genre is supposed to be the worst outcome of the future, where society as a whole is going to shit, so taking influences from the punk culture make sense", again that's your state of thinking, not mine don't put your ideas here and then saying that is what I should also parrot.

"Just like the witcher games the mood will change according the place and the weather. TW3 had some really dark place, but they also had bright cities" did you play the game ? nope how do you know this ? You don't, but just assuming, just like you are saying to me.

Did you look at their Art book ? They put pictures from the trailers and it's a rip off even when comparing to TW3 one, if you don't know what is that and what to expect of them, better go and buy one from any game and see it. The artistic impact shows when the trailers are out or the snippets of game are out shown why do you think they show them are they idiots ? No they give an overview of what to expect from the game / work. But it's a waste of time typing all this...

Just move on man. Getting all riled up on one post about a few observations from an unknown random person, if it was a discussion it would have been different but when the counterpoint starts with lame attempt then it becomes clear what to expect.
Some things that you are writing are exactly why I'm saying that you are a troll.

You think that borderlands is the only game with floating numbers as dmg indicator ? Final fantasy, world of warcraft, neverwinter online, Monster hunter, Anthem is using those as well, It's a just a UX/UI trope in video games, complaing about that is like complaing about having the health bar on the top left of the screen. And If you had made a small research effort, you would have know that it's something that you can turn off.

1605957068328.png
1605956067408.png

1605957456760.png

How do I know that the game won't always be colorful ? because I watched the trailers. The first trailer just happened to show one those "dark" moment.

1605957538096.png

1605957561621.png

1605957987354.png

FYI I'm currently doing a master degree in digital design where art direction and trailers are among the things that we are studying. Cyberpunk trailers/gameplay showed every aspect of the game. The game can be bright and warm, but it can also be dark. If you find bright colors disgusting, then the game just doesn't cater to you. But that's not a default, it's just about personal taste.

It's my last post about that subject.

Processor 6700K
Motherboard M8G
Cooling D15S
Memory 16GB 3k15
Video Card(s) 2070S
Storage 850 Pro
Display(s) U2410
Case Core X2
Audio Device(s) ALC1150
Power Supply Seasonic
Mouse Razer
Keyboard Logitech
Software 21H2
You know, 2060/2080S/3070 have something called DLSS that boost performance ?
I assume that is common knowledge by now that CP2077 support RTX/DLSS.
So, they are including implementation of proprietary tech as part of the official requirements without notice.
What if you don't like it or don't want to use it?

What's next, in future AMD sponsored games they compare 6700XT to 3090 because of some AMD only tech?
Do you like where this is going, cus i definitely do not. This proprietary crap just needs to die.
I can't believe, i'm hoping on Micro$oft to resotore some semblance of sanity into the market with DirectML.

Also what happened to DXR being standard? Seems like game devs, have to develop and optimize for each brand's RT.
It also make the current Radeon DXR benchmarks kinda useless, because those games were not developed and optimized with AMD's RT also in mind.

Last edited:
System Name The de-ploughminator Mk-II
Processor i7 13700KF
Motherboard MSI Z790 Carbon
Cooling ID-Cooling SE-226-XT + Phanteks T30
Memory 2x16GB G.Skill DDR5 7200Cas34
Video Card(s) Asus RTX4090 TUF
Storage Kingston KC3000 2TB NVME
Display(s) LG OLED CX48"
Case Corsair 5000D Air
Power Supply Corsair HX850
Mouse Razor Viper Ultimate
Keyboard Corsair K75
Software win11
So, they are including implementation of proprietary tech as part of the official requirements without notice.

What's next, in future AMD sponsored games they compare 6700XT to 3090 because of some AMD only tech?
Do you like where this is going, cus i definitely do not. This proprietary crap just needs to die.
I can't believe, i'm hoping on Micro$oft to resotore some semblance of sanity into the market with DirectML.

Also what happened to DXR being standard? Seems like game devs, have to develop and optimize for each brand's RT.
It also make the current Radeon DXR benchmarks kinda useless, because those games were not develop and optimized with AMD's RT also in mind.

Well if you don't want to use DLSS when it is available to you, it's your loss.
Microsoft Direct ML won't be a saving grace for AMD since RX6000 don't have tensor cores, they will have to rely on shader cores for AI upscaling and that could have some visual or performance impact (check out Control DLSS 1.9 vs 2.0), also AMD SuperResolution will also need to be per-title training, the same as DLSS.

If you think Nvidia and CDPR are playing dirty, look how Dirt 5 is performing on RX 6800 compare to Ampere (with and without RT)

RT-1.png

Processor 6700K
Motherboard M8G
Cooling D15S
Memory 16GB 3k15
Video Card(s) 2070S
Storage 850 Pro
Display(s) U2410
Case Core X2
Audio Device(s) ALC1150
Power Supply Seasonic
Mouse Razer
Keyboard Logitech
Software 21H2
My gripe is with the industry as a whole for going more and more down the proprietary path.

IIRC when comparing DLSS to Native, the later always run TAA, TAA is utter shit that i always turn off.
TAA is also part of DLSS iirc again.

System Name The de-ploughminator Mk-II
Processor i7 13700KF
Motherboard MSI Z790 Carbon
Cooling ID-Cooling SE-226-XT + Phanteks T30
Memory 2x16GB G.Skill DDR5 7200Cas34
Video Card(s) Asus RTX4090 TUF
Storage Kingston KC3000 2TB NVME
Display(s) LG OLED CX48"
Case Corsair 5000D Air
Power Supply Corsair HX850
Mouse Razor Viper Ultimate
Keyboard Corsair K75
Software win11
My gripe is with the industry as a whole for going more and more down the proprietary path.

IIRC when comparing DLSS to Native, the later always run TAA, TAA is utter shit that i always turn off.
TAA is also part of DLSS iirc again.

Well let hope Tesla share their battery tech to the entire car industry then, make it a fair competition :roll:.

You don't want to run any game without any sort of AA, them jaggies are really distracting. TAA is just preferable because it does not cost any performance while looking better than FXAA.

Or you could inject 2-4X MSAA but the performance impact would be quite noticeable.

Processor 6700K
Motherboard M8G
Cooling D15S
Memory 16GB 3k15
Video Card(s) 2070S
Storage 850 Pro
Display(s) U2410
Case Core X2
Audio Device(s) ALC1150
Power Supply Seasonic
Mouse Razer
Keyboard Logitech
Software 21H2
Well let hope Tesla share their battery tech to the entire car industry then, make it a fair competition :roll:.
I have no expectations in that regard nethier for Tesla nor Nvidia.
Hence why my irritation is with game devs that choose to implement those proprietary techs and not with Nvidia for just offering them.

Processor Intel core i5 4590s
Motherboard Asus Z97 Pro Gamer
Cooling Evercool EC115A 915SP Cpu cooler,Coolermaster [200mm (front and top)+140mm rear]
Memory Corsair 16GB(4x4) ddr3 CMZ16GX3M4X1600C9(Ver8.16)(XMP)
Video Card(s) MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4G
Storage Western Digital WDC WD2001FAS 2TB Black, Toshiba DT01ACA100 1TB
Display(s) LG Flatron L177WSB
Case Coolermaster CM Storm Enforcer
Audio Device(s) Creative A550 Speakers 5.1 channel
Power Supply SuperFlower Leadex 2 Gold 650W SF-650F14EG
Mouse PLNK M-740 Optical Mouse
Keyboard ibuypower GKB100 Gaming Keyboard
Software Windows 7 Sp1 64 bit

It also make the current Radeon DXR benchmarks kinda useless, because those games were not developed and optimized with AMD's RT also in mind.
thank you for stating this also nvidia vaporware (whose non existence is reportedly going to last for months) is listed on requirements some days before game launch...I wonder if this single game will be incentive enough for gamers to succumb to scalpers price demands?

System Name Home
Processor Ryzen 3600X
Motherboard MSI Tomahawk 450 MAX
Cooling Noctua NH-U14S
Memory 16GB Crucial Ballistix 3600 MHz DDR4 CAS 16
Video Card(s) MSI RX 5700XT EVOKE OC
Storage Samsung 970 PRO 512 GB
Display(s) ASUS VA326HR + MSI Optix G24C4
Case MSI - MAG Forge 100M
Power Supply Aerocool Lux RGB M 650W
Where did you find that bundle @BoboOOZ ?
Cheers.
I think it was on GOG something ridiculous like less than 40 euro, but it was for the Russian market only.

Anyways, since I don't have that much time to play (I only played the witcher 2 for about 2 hours until now) I considered it a fair price to support a game editor that I think deserves encouragement.

Processor Ryzen 7 5800X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite
Cooling Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE
Memory 2x16 GB Crucial Ballistix 3600 CL16 Rev E @ 3800 CL16
Video Card(s) RTX3080 Ti FE
Storage SX8200 Pro 1 TB, Plextor M6Pro 256 GB, WD Blue 2TB
Display(s) LG 34GN850P-B
Case SilverStone Primera PM01 RGB
Audio Device(s) SoundBlaster G6 | Fidelio X2 | Sennheiser 6XX
Power Supply SeaSonic Focus Plus Gold 750W
Mouse Endgame Gear XM1R
Keyboard Wooting Two HE
System Name Ryzen Monster
Processor Ryzen 5 5600X
Motherboard Asus ROG Crosshair Hero VII WiFi
Cooling Corsair H100i RGB Platinum
Memory Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB (4x8GB) 3200Mhz CMW16GX4M2C3200C16
Video Card(s) Asus ROG Strix RX5700XT OC 8Gb
Storage WD Black 500GB NVMe 250Gb Samsung SSD, OCZ 500Gb SSD WD M.2 500Gb, plus three spinners up to 1.5Tb
Display(s) LG 32GK650F-B 32" UltraGear™ QHD
Case Cooler Master Storm Trooper
Audio Device(s) Supreme FX on board
Power Supply Corsair RM850X full modular
Mouse Corsair M65 Pro
Keyboard Corsair Strafe RGB Silent
VR HMD Headphones Logitech G533 wireless
Software Windows 11 Start 11
Benchmark Scores 3DMark Time Spy 4532 (9258 March 2021, 9399 July 2021)
I think it was on GOG something ridiculous like less than 40 euro, but it was for the Russian market only.

Anyways, since I don't have that much time to play (I only played the witcher 2 for about 2 hours until now) I considered it a fair price to support a game editor that I think deserves encouragement.
That deal finished on June 17, but thanks anyway.
On balance I'll probably pre-order on GOG because, along with Epic, they don't insist on local currency and still take PayPal in US$, unlike Steam if your account is locked to Argentina where the taxes are 65% and above.
I don't usually pre-order, but I'd like to see what all the fuss is about, instead of reading cynical comments and pure speculation about a game that none of us have yet played.
On the other hand, I may just wait, since there's no financial advantage to pre-ordering anyway and then I can sit back and see how the game is received.

System Name Windows 10 64-bit Core i7 6700
Processor Intel Core i7 6700
Motherboard Asus Z170M-PLUS
Cooling Corsair AIO
Memory 2 x 8 GB Kingston DDR4 2666
Video Card(s) Gigabyte NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
Storage Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB, Seagate Baracuda 1 TB
Display(s) Dell P2414H
Case Corsair Carbide Air 540
Audio Device(s) Realtek HD Audio
Power Supply Corsair TX v2 650W
Mouse Steelseries Sensei
Keyboard CM Storm Quickfire Pro, Cherry MX Reds
Software MS Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Is it just me or does the terrain look very flat and low poly? Terrain, floor, ground (not the stuff placed in the world)

I wondered about this in the demo NVIDIA gave me last year, and people told me "oh they'll work on it". No change there it seems
BriskRewardingDove-size_restricted.gif

They were working on making it "true level" :laugh:

System Name M3401 notebook
Processor 5600H
Motherboard NA
Memory 16GB
Video Card(s) 3050
Storage 500GB SSD
Display(s) 14" OLED screen of the laptop
Software Windows 10
Benchmark Scores 3050 scores good 15-20% lower than average, despite ASUS's claims that it has uber cooling.
Note that game simply does not support non-green GPUs.
Whit tells you how bad things in RT world, where we formally do have Microsoft DXR API really are: a catastrophy.

(I wouldn't bother listening, just FF for image comprisons)

As expected, some mediocre "kill your FPS for nothing" effects, as with most games with RT enabled.
Plus evidence of TAA blur again (that glorious DLSS 2.0)

If you think Nvidia and CDPR are playing dirty, look how Dirt 5 is performing on RX 6800 compare to Ampere (with and without RT)
If you look how NEW GAMES are performing on RDNA2 in general, you might need to think a bit more (by computerbase):

System Name Home
Processor Ryzen 3600X
Motherboard MSI Tomahawk 450 MAX
Cooling Noctua NH-U14S
Memory 16GB Crucial Ballistix 3600 MHz DDR4 CAS 16
Video Card(s) MSI RX 5700XT EVOKE OC
Storage Samsung 970 PRO 512 GB
Display(s) ASUS VA326HR + MSI Optix G24C4
Case MSI - MAG Forge 100M
Power Supply Aerocool Lux RGB M 650W
If you look how NEW GAMES are performing on RDNA2 in general, you might need to think a bit more (by computerbase):
Yepp, In Dirt 5 even raytracing performance is on par with the green side of the Force.

System Name The Cum Blaster
Processor R9 5900x
Motherboard Gigabyte X470 Aorus Gaming 7 Wifi
Cooling Alphacool Eisbaer LT360
Memory 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix @ 3800C16
Video Card(s) 7900 XTX Nitro+
Storage Lots
Display(s) 4k60hz, 4k144hz
Case Obsidian 750D Airflow Edition
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA G3 750W

View attachment 176493

watch at the given timestamp, you'll understand why it performs better on AMDs side than on nvidia
if 5 years ago it was a case of GameWorks being added to games, and their effects running like shit on AMD, then now it's going to be "which graphics cards are we going to optimize raytracing for?"

System Name 1.FortySe7en VR rig 2. intel teliscope rig 3.MSI GP72MVR Leopard Pro .E-52699, Xeon play thing
Processor 1.3900x @stock 2. i7 7700k @5. 3. i7 7700hq
Motherboard 1.aorus x570 ultra 2. z270 Maximus IX Hero,4 MR9A PRO ATX X99
Cooling 1.Hard tube loop, cpu and gpu 2. Hard loop cpu and gpu 4 360 AIO
Memory 1.Gskill neo @3600 32gb 2.hyperxfury 32gb @3000 3. 16gb hyperx @2400 4 64GB 2133 in quad channel
Video Card(s) 1.GIGABYTE RTX 3080 WaterForce WB 2. Aorus RTX2080 3. 1060 3gb. 4 Arc 770LE 16 gb
Storage 1 M.2 500gb , 2 3tb HDs 2. 256gb ssd, 3tbHD 3. 256 m.2. 1tb ssd 4. 2gb ssd
Display(s) 1.LG 50" UHD , 2 MSI Optix MAG342C UWHD. 3.17" 120 hz display 4. Acer Preditor 144hz 32inch.z
Case 1. Thermaltake P5 2. Thermaltake P3 4. some cheapo case that should not be named.
Audio Device(s) 1 Onboard 2 Onboard 3 Onboard 4. onboard.
Power Supply 1.seasonic gx 850w 2. seasonic gx 750w. 4 RM850w
Mouse 1 ROG Gladius 2 Corsair m65 pro
Keyboard 1. ROG Strix Flare 2. Corsair F75 RBG 3. steelseries RBG
VR HMD rift and rift S and Quest 2.
Software 1. win11 pro 2. win11 pro 3, win11 home 4 win11 pro
Benchmark Scores 1.7821 cb20 ,cb15 3442 1c 204 cpu-z 1c 539 12c 8847 2. 1106 cb 3.cb 970
its feeling like its taking forever for them to release it, it better have no bugs :) .

Processor Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard ASRock X670E Taichi
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 Chromax
Memory 32GB DDR5 6000 CL30
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 4090 Trio
Storage Too much
Display(s) Acer Predator XB3 27" 240 Hz
Case Thermaltake Core X9
Audio Device(s) Topping DX5, DCA Aeon II
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Titanium 850w
Mouse G305
Keyboard Wooting HE60
VR HMD Valve Index
Software Win 10
Well if you don't want to use DLSS when it is available to you, it's your loss.
Microsoft Direct ML won't be a saving grace for AMD since RX6000 don't have tensor cores, they will have to rely on shader cores for AI upscaling and that could have some visual or performance impact (check out Control DLSS 1.9 vs 2.0), also AMD SuperResolution will also need to be per-title training, the same as DLSS.

View attachment 176493

RDNA2 added AI and deeplearning acceleration to the shader cores as well. Integer math common to deep learning (like Int8) has improved performance on RDNA2. So in a sense in is accelerated, it's just native to the shader cores instead of splitting the function off onto other separate units in the GPU. Really we'll have to wait and see what the performance is in a games that are designed to work on AMD's new hardware.

System Name M3401 notebook
Processor 5600H
Motherboard NA
Memory 16GB
Video Card(s) 3050
Storage 500GB SSD
Display(s) 14" OLED screen of the laptop
Software Windows 10
Benchmark Scores 3050 scores good 15-20% lower than average, despite ASUS's claims that it has uber cooling.
Yepp, In Dirt 5 even raytracing performance is on par with the green side of the Force.
AMD is actually faster at RT than greendia in Dirt 5.

1606133735365.png