• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

CYBERPUNK 2077 YAIBA KUSANAGI

next mod coming soon I could not miss this new project another adventure begins.
thanks to my sponsors
ASROCK, INNO3D, CRUCIAL, SEASONIC, EKWB, HARDWIRE, COOLERMASTER, PC HUNTER

configuration
motherboard asrock Z390M PRO 4
cpu intel core I7 9700KF
gpu inno3d geforce rtx 2080 super twin x2 oc
cooling EKWB custom loop
crucial memory ballistix max 32 gb kit
crucial memory ssdmx500 x2
crucial memory M2 1TB P1
psu seasonic prime PX850W
cable mod hardwire
addictional fan coolermaster 200 MF R RGB

first stock of ekwb material arrived

a lot of material but the eye only falls on 2 elements
the massive waterblock for the RTX 2080 and the CPU block VELOCITY

Let's starts ..

the dances begin now that I have most of the material at hand I can evaluate the dimensions ...
I start from aluminum strips to build the side frames, a very delicate operation, so both must be extremely precise, maximum precision

I try to be faithful to the sketch created (which I don't show you ...) one eye on the render and one on the hardware, I cut ..

it is not at all easy to make them the same once you have made one proceed with the second by placing it on the first.

as already done for black hawk silt slightly the heads of the rivets this because could annoy the insertion of the side panels.

next step to consolidate the structure with steel tubulars between the 2 frames.

today I focus on the lower part, power supply housing, construction of the supports that will support the shock absorbers
those who know me from the beginning know that I like to recycle parts of disused PCs near the landfill, today it has been the turn of an old HP the sheet is incredibly thick and robust
cut and shape that interests me.

these supports are very important because as mentioned, in addition to housing the shock absorbers, they will also support the acrylic bars to close the structure on the back
more forward you will be all clearer ..

today 3 steps
I had already prepared the support for the power supply unit but I was not happy and did not allow for excellent heat dissipation.

everything is designed in such a way that its replacement or removal is also easy

realization of the supports for the positioning of the tank and integrated pump these strips will further strengthen the structure which is not yet stable
as we proceed, everything will consolidate.

EKWB also provides an adhesive where to make the holes very comfortable, all time saved.

I also drill holes on the opposite side with a larger diameter so that they can be accessed with the fixing screws

addition of upper lateral slats for fixing the entire rear part which will be made of 4 mm acrylic panels with lamellar effect ...

processing of the rear part which will consolidate the whole structure the panels are temporary, the tray for the motherboard (on which other panels and supports will be mounted) and for the vertical video card are still missing.
I do not rule out making other changes during the work.
I preferred to stay a bit wide with the measurements I am always in time to cut if I need ....

Just like I do a cardboard sample to do the various tests

when I am quite sure I proceed with the various cuts on acrylic.

I did the first and I use it as a "master" for all the others, they must be perfect .... at least I try.

all done by hand.

after taking the right measures I assemble everything
the panels that will make up the rear will have thicknesses (now there are not) that will keep them tight and the structure will be more solid.

YAIBA TO ALL! today a lot of work, I leave the rear part suspended to focus on the front, I make a panel of solid recycled steel from my HP desktop, the metal structure of these old houses is really impressive solid and thick sheet metal, the empty case already has its considerable weight.
here it is

to install the 360 mm radiator I need supports but at the same time I need to strengthen the structure, let's start ..

measurement control and positioning ...

now the most interesting part

I finish with precision files always checking the measurements

I am very satisfied with the result considering that I have no specific equipment and I made everything with basic tools
and if I can do it, anyone can do it.
:)

check that everything concludes.

fastening with rivets, I always check the measurements

the structure is now much more solid and stable.

to be continued---

a lot of work today ...
processing of the tray, very important as it is an integral part of the structure

technical dimensions tests

positioning of the bracket that will fix the inno3d RTX2060super TWIN X2 video card vertically, here helps me coolermaster who sends me a special bracket designed for his houses but that is fine for what I need

but it's not over I have to find a way to fix it firmly to the panels.

motherboard placement and holes

I have an envelope full of spacers I always take them apart before I get rid of an old case

creation of the hole on the tray to facilitate the installation of the fixing plate for the CPU waterblock

once you have decided what to do, prepare all the holes for the gpu support bracket

after taking the measurements well 3 times I proceed
I practice very small holes

one points it as a cutter and patiently floods all the holes connecting them creating a groove

I help myself with a precision file (one of my best purchases)

perfect..

it is not yet finished all the tray block must still be well worked .. and the panels made previously must be revised (they are too large)

System Name serenity now/Faithul Eight
Processor Amd 2400g/Amd 3800x
Motherboard Asrock ab350m Pro 4/Asrock x570 Taichi
Cooling CM Masterair G100M/Wraith
Memory G.skill 2x4gb 3200/2x16 gb 3600 G.skill
Video Card(s) igpu vega 11/3070 oc Palit
Storage Apacer pcie ssd 240 gb/Adata 512gb nvme
Display(s) 50" LG 4k hdr
Case scratch build
Power Supply inter tech 650w 80+bronze/850 phantex pro
Software Ubuntu bionic beaver 18.04 lts/W10
Long live scratch builds and folks that do them , cheers.

rear panel added reinforcement elements

I will add 2 more "sandwich" wings with leds in the center 2 acrylic panels painted with another acrylic panel with leds in the center
in addition to strengthening the structure, it will have an aesthetic value, 2 D-RGB strips inside these fins

Processor 13700KF Undervolted @ 5.6/ 5.5, 4.8Ghz Ring 200W PL1
Motherboard MSI 690-I PRO
Cooling Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 w/ Arctic P12 Fans
Memory 48 GB DDR5 7600 MHZ CL36
Video Card(s) RTX 4090 FE
Storage 2x 2TB WDC SN850, 1TB Samsung 960 prr
Display(s) Alienware 32" 4k 240hz OLED
Case SLIGER S620
Audio Device(s) Yes
Power Supply Corsair SF750
Mouse Xlite V2
Keyboard RoyalAxe
Software Windows 11
Benchmark Scores They're pretty good, nothing crazy.
this is sweet!

Arrangement of the pigtail, as it is I don't like it is too linear to the frame
an indentation must be created and the fairing will have a fold therefore a more dynamic design.
First I evaluate where to cut

cutting little material will allow me to tilt the aluminum easily
just enough to achieve the desired effect, I end up fixing an aluminum bar with rivets and the structure is very solid

a little trick that makes the difference in the overall design.

small reinforcements added to stabilize the structure

as well as reinforcing they will be an excellent decorative element

the fabulous EKWB EK connect controller has arrived in addition to the classic functions
there are as many as 3 excellent temperature sensors coupled with EK Vardar X3M D-RGB fans

well guys we proceed, this is the turn of the crankcase / turbine of the bike it will be a grill and under it I will put a 200 mm RGB fan
but how to make it happen? I invent something ...

fixed with adhesive for temporary acrylic after I will apply a more powerful one to consolidate everything.

to make a perfect hole I build a tool, dremel has been supplying it for years I don't want to spend 30 euros for a piece of iron and plastic.
so I decide to find it myself, I take advantage of the supplied cutter support.
This bar is usable on any mini tool.

here the project.

that's where I'll make the hole.

thanks to coolermaster for providing me with this magnificent rgb coolermaster fan with awkward dimensions .. well 200 mm
a big beast ... that's where it will go.

here a brief unboxing ...

technical positioning tests

let's go ...

here it is at work .. the bar behaves well is very smooth you have to proceed very slowly
as the pieces of acrylic tend to melt with the heat blocking the tip.
clean from the chips generated every now and then ..

use the 3d printer because I don't have it.
but as usual I will try to do something beautiful and above all that costs little ...

well guys i had to spend some time figuring out how to glue different materials but i solved.
I have to recreate this effect but without using 3d printing or cnc how to do?

now I create another support that will follow the top profile now it's easy i have a base now ..

perfect fit

I need a structure already made to fix and here comes this to my mind ...
a salad bowl ..

I try to find the area with the right inclination and cut leaving what I need

fixed provisionally

now the problem is how to fix the 2 different materials together the circle is polypropylene while everything else is in plexiglass, the two materials do not seem compatible with common glues
I have liquid steel I try with this ...

seems to hold very well.

perfect I would say

now it's the turn of the actual "turbine" support I take the exact measurements of the piece and cut with the DREMEL

I have to strengthen the whole structure polypropylene is an ugly beast, I solved it temporarily with liquid steel but I need something more dense and workable, the parts to be glued are many and they must not come off
after several researches I land on this .. a two-component fiberglass putty ...

I must say once it hardens it becomes concrete and is perfect, even if it weighs down the structure a lot.

now it's time to complete with the side element
I take the measures well fixed procvvsoriamente with glue for methacrylate and after the ditch all with workable putty

well fixed with other putty on the main structure

it will take other small tweaks such as closing some small holes or making some parts smoother, but the bulk of the work is done

I decided to create a led motherboard tray with relative I / O cover always with leds and themed mod cyberpunk 2077 !!!.
This tray will be fixed to the support of the case that originally had to support the motherboard, but also given the need to build other parts I decided for this solution
I start making the I / O panel from scratch, this motherboard does not have one more reason to make it, all the heatsinks of this Z390M PRO4 sponsored by ASROCK will also be painted with a theme! ..
I trace all the dimensions from the original shield.

a lot of patience but the result satisfies me ...

I took my time and calmly the result came, everything fits together perfectly, measured and measured again many times ..

this tray will substantially consist of two parts, the I / O box and another piece of acrylic left transparent inside on the long side, inside a led strip will be placed that will shoot the light through this acrylic giving a pleasant effect ... the logo will also be illuminated on the top of the box.

I fix everything with cyanomethacrylate glue but I will strengthen everything with other strong glue and putty to eliminate imperfections.

coat of primer to see where to stick to close any holes ..

ready for the final paint job that I will do next, the paints have yet to arrive in the shop ..

now let's start with the support

I will drill the holes to pass the cables directly on this support
so I mark the zones .. I work absolutely with precision if I'm wrong I have to redo the whole panel ... I would not be happy ..

the hole for the cpu waterblock will also be made
well guys stay tuned because there will be some good ones ...

continue with the processing of the LED tray, the sleeved cables will pass through the structure

cover panel that will be painted in metallic red, the prevailing color of our yaiba

here the explanatory video but it's not over stay tuned ...