• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Cybertron 300 [i5] RE-MOD!

System Name Cybertron 300 [i5]
Processor Intel Core i5 750
Motherboard MSI P55-GD65
Cooling Zalman CNPS10X Extreme
Memory Corsair Dominator 4GB 1600 MHz
Video Card(s) XFX Radeon HD5770 "XXX"
Storage An old Raptor and some Barracudas.
Case Antec 300
Power Supply OCZ ModXstream
Ladies and mentlegen!

The upcomming weekend I will be re-modding my Antec 300, and it will be awesome!
I've done som terrible things to my poor baby that I really regret, and I'm going to make it up to him (yes, still talking about my case).

This is what I'll be working on.

Things I will do:

Re-paint
I will sandblast and repaint the whole interior of the case matte black... properly. When I first painted it I kinda plowed over it (?), and it ended up looking just awful.

New window
I will get rid of the window I already made and replace it with a plain plexiglass, with nothing fancy to it. To do this I will extend the hole all the way to the drive bays. Then I will make a frame wich will be mounted with umbraco screws from Mnpctech on the outside of the panel, so it covers the old hole (wich is ugly). This way I will get a new and hopefully clean looking window.

Cover up the drive bays
I will cover the drive bays (the outside, where the screws are mounted) with a custome made, matte black steel plate. On this steel plate there will be some text saying, yes: Transformers. I think it's going to be mighty hard to cut out a decent looking text logo with a Dremel, but I will give it a shot.
On the backside of this plate there will be mounted a sandblasted (frosted) piece of plexi, illuminated by 4 LEDs so that the text will light up. What I really wanted was a semi-transparrent white piece of plexi, but I couldn't find it anywhere.
Still working on how I should mount this steel plate to the case, so if anyone got some tips, feel free!

Sleeving
I have a good amount of sleeves, bought from MDPC-X, wating for me. I will sleeve each cable individually and manage the cables with clips from MDPC-X.

Other
There may be some cutting of wholes and things like that, but I don't know yet.

So that's pretty much it. I'm really looking forward to this and I hope it comes out as good as I picture it in my head (yeah.... rrrright!)
Stay tuned! :pimp:

Pictures (updates as I find more)

This is the text that will be cut out on the drive bay cover.

Last edited:
System Name Cybertron 300 [i5]
Processor Intel Core i5 750
Motherboard MSI P55-GD65
Cooling Zalman CNPS10X Extreme
Memory Corsair Dominator 4GB 1600 MHz
Video Card(s) XFX Radeon HD5770 "XXX"
Storage An old Raptor and some Barracudas.
Case Antec 300
Power Supply OCZ ModXstream
So I've made some progress.
I have sleeved all the cables (have one left), sandblasted the case and covered it with primer.
Here are some pictures:

The sleeving corner, and my friend Azma

I'm the guy to the right

Sleeving...

More sleeving...

Done

Sleeves :love:

Ready for sandblasting

Azma is working his magic

Oh yeah

Primed and ready for first coat of paint

So that's what I've been doing the last 24 hours.
As of now I'm about to paint the case with the first of two coats with matte black.

Thanks for watching!

Last edited:
System Name RGBPuke
Processor Intel i5-14600KF @ 5.5 GHz
Motherboard ASRock Z790 Riptide
Cooling Corsair iCUE H150i ELITE CAPELLIX
Memory G.Skill Trident Z5 DDR5 6000MHz 32GB RGB
Video Card(s) EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3
Storage Kingston A2000 M.2 NVMe SSD
Display(s) AOC - 27" 165hz
Case Dunno what brand
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Corsair AX1200
Software Windows 10 Pro
I hope you're going to post some more soon rekekjeks, too bad that lovely psu fried your motherboard and video card =/ Fun modding with you :rockout: