• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Da Module Thingy + Leetfoot

Jean R built

To view this case mod, go here.

Specs:
CASE FANS: 2x Masterfans MF200RHUB CONTROLLER: Cooler Master RGB LED ControllerMB: MSI B350M Gaming Pro (M-Atx)CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3200GCPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 33 eSports OneRAM: Kingston Technology HyperX Fury 16Gb @3200GPU: MSI R7 360XGPU COOLER: handmade with 2x120mm Arctic P12 pwm fansSSD: Samsung 860 EVO 250 GbHDD: WD Blue 1TbPSU: Inter-tech Energon EPS 650 W CMSLEEVED CABLES: Silverstone black goldSMALL SCREEN: Waveshare 7" touchscreen

Mods:
Well it's a completely handmade scratch build.I used new materials and some recovered aluminium scraps like the CPU cooler side bulge, I had to modify some of the fastening hardware to tailor it for the project.The case has full compatibility with standard hardware fixing points, no modification needed on the new hardware to be assembled.The GPU cooler is a mod I made by mixing the original MSI cooler with an old Zalman kit and then I added a new scratch built frame so I could put 2 Arctic P12 PWM fans that matched the overall design of the case.The Pu leather was already quilted as it is the same leather I used in the past for my car upholstery restoration, it was then hand sewed with black thread on the aluminium shells.The 7" touchscreen allow the PC to run without any peripherals connected to the case, it just need the power cable to be connected to work.

I present you the duo Da Module Thingy and it's dock Leetfoot.Both are completely handmade scratch build, I didn't use any prebuilt parts, I didn't use CNC or 3D printing.Da Module Thingy was crafted to be my main PC, everything was handmade to craft it I used some new aluminium and some recovered scraps, it had to look like a sleek looking Sci-fi Module, something you can take with you when you move from your home/ base to your starship, or to save lives, or whatever cool reason behind the need to move it, your choice :)I wanted it to be air cooled and quiet.Thanks to the Cooler Master RGB controller and the two 200 mm Masterfans, I was able to give life to the original concept and they look like BIG afterburners with a lot of power inside the module.The black PU leather wrapped shells have some nice contrast against the brushed aluminium, and I love the quilted pattern texture, it is also supple which is a plus.The handles were wrapped for safety and comfort with black paracord 550, to give some style I wrapped them with a pattern that pay homage to the Tsukamaki, is the way that Samurai swords handles were wrapped.Leetfoot is Da Module Thingy's dock, you need it in a starship, it's composed by 115 parts, 8 fingers with 8 sections each it was a consequence of Da Module Thingy octagonal gem shape.Like Da Module Thingy it has been cut hammered and bended by hand, I got inspiration for the "fingers" from Octopuses and hermit crabs, it already had 8 fingers so why not?This way Leetfoot's fingers can be configured in a lot of different positions thanks to their chains like structure.The hardware is not it's strong point, it doesn't have super dandy spec, but it will be upgraded when hardware prices get back to normal.It was built with full compatibility with any M-Atx Motherboards, any Gpu up to 370 mm or 17.5 inches long and Standard ATX PSU, so it's easily upgradable.Widget Credit:The rainmeter widget seen in the desk background is my modified version of: Round 4 Core CPU Meter by DavidRGreen

System Name Pac Man Nightmare
Processor Ryzen 3700X
Motherboard B550 Aorus pro ax
Cooling Custom Bykski
Memory Crucial Ballistix ddr4 3600
Video Card(s) Sapphire Nitro+ RX 580
Storage Samsung nvme ssd 960 500Gb+Crucial Mx 500 ssd 2Tb
Case NZXT H200I "Flow" ; )
Power Supply Corsair RM750X
Nobel prize guy take my 10.

Jean R built

Updated some pics, and I've added some shots that show how the interior look with the external shells off.

Last edited:
System Name EventHorizon
Processor Intel® Core™ Processor i9-13900KF 8P/16 + 16E 3.00GHz [Turbo 5.7GHz] 36MB Cache LGA1700
Motherboard ASUS PRIME Z790-P
Cooling CyberpowerPC MasterLiquid Lite 240mm ARGB CPU Liquid Cooler
Memory 32GB (16GBx2) DDR5/6000MHz Dual Channel Memory (KINGSTON FURY BEAST RGB)
Video Card(s) GeForce RTX™ 4080 16GB
Storage 2TB WD BLACK SN850X (PCIe Gen4) NVMe M.2 SSD - Seq R/W: Up to 7300/6600 MB/s, Rnd R/W up to 1200/110
Display(s) LG 34''
Case CyberPowerPC HYTE Y60 Dual Chamber Mid-Tower Gaming Case w/ Panoramic View Tempered Glass + 2x120mm
Audio Device(s) Asus Strix w/Alan Finote mod for Windows 11
Power Supply High Power 1300W 80+ GOLD Full Modular w/ PCIE 12+4Pins Connector for PCIe 5.0 graphics cards
Mouse Steelseries Rival 600 wired
Keyboard Steelseries Apex 7 TKL red Switch
Software Win 11 Pro
Wow, mad skills.

System Name Pac Man Nightmare
Processor Ryzen 3700X
Motherboard B550 Aorus pro ax
Cooling Custom Bykski
Memory Crucial Ballistix ddr4 3600
Video Card(s) Sapphire Nitro+ RX 580
Storage Samsung nvme ssd 960 500Gb+Crucial Mx 500 ssd 2Tb
Case NZXT H200I "Flow" ; )