• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

DayZ (Mod for ARMA II: OAH) Clubhouse

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF x670e
Cooling EK AIO 360. Phantek T30 fans.
Memory 32GB G.Skill 6000Mhz
Video Card(s) Asus RTX 4090
Storage WD m.2
Display(s) LG C2 Evo OLED 42"
Case Lian Li PC 011 Dynamic Evo
Audio Device(s) Topping E70 DAC, SMSL SP200 Headphone Amp.
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti PRO 1000W
Mouse Razer Basilisk V3 Pro
Keyboard Tester84
Software Windows 11
That's not proof of anything. That was back when The War Z had no info on it, and in a short amount of time they've produced lots of content via screenshots, interviews, and gameplay videos, and the alpha being sent out. I've read that and watched the stupid video RhinoCrunch or whoever has on the subject and they are just biased against it for some reason. I myself have kept an open mind, and while the engine looks better yet shittier, I am openly embracing it until the standalone DayZ drops. Videogames are always copying each other, and if it can do it better and/or can fill the void there will be for a while, or makes DayZ realize they need to get shit together like hacking, so be it.

I guess you didn't read it all. I need to find the forum post from earlier this year from a developer asking if the community would like a DayZ type game... I'm still looking for it.

WarZ used to be known as War Inc. War Inc. (not a zombie survival sim) has been in development for two years, WarZ has been in development for the past few months.

I guess you didn't read it all. I need to find the forum post from earlier this year from a developer asking if the community would like a DayZ type game... I'm still looking for it.

WarZ used to be known as War Inc. War Inc. (not a zombie survival sim) has been in development for two years, WarZ has been in development for the past few months.

Do you think I don't know this? The War Inc is out, people have played it, and it is there. They took the engine and are capitalizing off the success of DayZ with the name and style. I don't give a hoot. If they make a game worth playing, hats off to them. I will play it until the standalone of DayZ comes out, if that is any better than the buggy ass alpha. You're just drinking the DayZ kool-aid, it's okay. Nothing wrong with being a fanboy, just don't spout useless BS.

Last edited:
System Name FumoffuFumoffu
Processor Intel i7 4770K
Motherboard Gigabyte Z87X -UD3H
Cooling Corsair H100i
Memory 16GB DDR3 1600 Crucial Ballistix
Video Card(s) Sapphire AMD Radeon HD 7970 OC
Storage 1- WD 500GB 1- Samsung F2 1.5TB 1- Crucial M4 128GB SSD 1-256GB ADATA XPG SX900 ASX900S3 SSD
Display(s) Hanns-G HZ281HPB 27.5'' 3ms Full HD 1920x1200 WideScreen LCD Monitor
Case Corsair Graphite Series 600T
Audio Device(s) Creative Soundblaster X-Fi Titanium
Power Supply Corsair HX 750W Gold
Software Windows 7 Pro x64
Do you think I don't know this? The War Inc is out, people have played it, and it is there. They took the engine and are capitalizing off the success of DayZ with the name and style. I don't give a hoot. If they make a game worth playing, hats off to them. I will play it until the standalone of DayZ comes out, if that is any better than the buggy ass alpha. You're just drinking the DayZ kool-aid, it's okay. Nothing wrong with being a fanboy, just don't spout useless BS.

oh that is rich... you are paying to play a Beta version of a game that claims to have a 400km^2 persistent map world with ~200 players plus thousands of zombies in real time that has been developed in 1 year. Regardless of the fact that they are using the same engine as War Inc. , I dont see them living up to those claims. First it was going to be a free alpha/beta and now it is paid only. I'm calling Vaporware. The gear looks just like ArmA2 gear. Hell, from the majority of the footage and screenshots, I'd say the graphics and models look strikingly similar to ArmA 2 Graphics and Models. Only ArmA stuff is definitely more realistic. Add that to the fact you are calling EROCKER a fan-boy? wow...wow....wow...:shadedshu

brandonwh64

Addicted to Bacon and StarCrunches!!!

You are starting to sounds like some of the dev's of WarZ

I was excited when I saw the WarZ beta info in my inbox, I had visions of a beta code and fun. Instead it was a stupid advert for a buy to play, beta. Disappointing, to say the least, but also very revealing as to the type of company that's making WarZ. Salesmen at best, possibly flimflam men at the worst.

Processor Intel i7 4770K
Cooling Corsair H100i
Storage 1- WD 500GB 1- Samsung F2 1.5TB 1- Crucial M4 128GB SSD 1-256GB ADATA XPG SX900 ASX900S3 SSD
getting on now

System Name The SwagMachine / The Sister
Processor Core i5 3570K @5.2ghz 1.3V/ 1100T
Motherboard ASUS P8Z77-V / ASUS M5A99X EVO
Cooling Phanteks PH TC14PE / Corsair H40
Memory M379B5273DH0-YK0 2X4GB + PVI316G213C1QK 2X4GB / 2x4GB Patriot 2133
Video Card(s) PNY 780Ti /Windforce 7950
Storage 2xSamsung 840 EVO 250gb+WD10EZEX + WD30EZRX/ 1x WD1500 Black
Display(s) AOC Q2963PM+Acer S200HL / Acer S200L+ LG 22LD350
Case Fractal Define R4 / NZXT Trinity
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar DG / Asus Xonar DG
Power Supply Seasonic 750X / ROSEWILL RG630-S12 630W R
Mouse Razer Deathadder Chroma / Roccat Kone+
Keyboard Razer Blackwidow 2013 Stealth / Roccat Isku
Software Windows 8.1 Pro / Windows 7 Ultimate
Benchmark Scores one time I scored a 3 on 3dmark 11
I was excited when I saw the WarZ beta info in my inbox, I had visions of a beta code and fun. Instead it was a stupid advert for a buy to play, beta. Disappointing, to say the least, but also very revealing as to the type of company that's making WarZ. Salesmen at best, possibly flimflam men at the worst.

I felt the exact same way! One of my friends said hes giving me a beta invite though C: I don't expect much from WarZ, so maybe I'll be surprised.

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF x670e
Cooling EK AIO 360. Phantek T30 fans.
Memory 32GB G.Skill 6000Mhz
Video Card(s) Asus RTX 4090
Storage WD m.2
Display(s) LG C2 Evo OLED 42"
Case Lian Li PC 011 Dynamic Evo
Audio Device(s) Topping E70 DAC, SMSL SP200 Headphone Amp.
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti PRO 1000W
Mouse Razer Basilisk V3 Pro
Keyboard Tester84
Software Windows 11

Wow man, relax. I'll most likely be buying WarZ anyways, no need to get so defensive or to make these accusations against myself. Do you really feel that you need to get your point across with insulting me? Grow up. Ridiculous. :shadedshu

Oh, here's that link I was referring to earlier. See post #48. http://www.militaryphotos.net/forum...ArmA-II-DayZ&p=6177919&viewfull=1#post6177919 5/16/2012

Not that I care or anything, I'm sorry you got upset with an open conversation.

Last edited:
Processor Intel i7 4770K
Cooling Corsair H100i
WELL, i was player but the game made me invisible to zombies and could not interact with stuff. also my game kept freezing. time to reinstall?

brandonwh64

Sorry I wasn't on last night guys but got sick at work and slept most of the afternoon and all night. I will try to be on tonight but this weekend I have a friend coming home from AIT (Army Job Training) and I will be hanging out with him and his family. I hope to show him DayZ cause when he went off to basic is when we started playing and I told him all about it in letters so he really wants to see it. He is off to Ft Carson in march of next year so by that time the stand alone will be out and he said he will pick it up and play with us on the TS! He has been on in the past playing BF3, His name is CaptainSaveAHoe.

Wow man, relax. I'll most likely be buying WarZ anyways, no need to get so defensive or to make these accusations against myself. Do you really feel that you need to get your point across with insulting me? Grow up. Ridiculous. :shadedshu

Oh, here's that link I was referring to earlier. See post #48. http://www.militaryphotos.net/forum...ArmA-II-DayZ&p=6177919&viewfull=1#post6177919 5/16/2012

Not that I care or anything, I'm sorry you got upset with an open conversation.

I wasn't insulting you. If you see that as an insult you REALLY need to grow some thicker skin.

From your link specifically:
We've been working on our own zombie for PS3 (Sony's request) for a while.
Sounds like they've been working on it for longer than you think and decided to go the PC route first because they can get it out quicker.

brandonwh64

Sounds like they've been working on it for longer than you think and decided to go the PC route first because they can get it out quicker.

That comment alone is kinda vague. They could have been working on a Left4dead copy cat game and see the popularity of dayz and changed gears. you never know cause this company WarInc has been known to do this in the past.

That comment alone is kinda vague. They could have been working on a Left4dead copy cat game and see the popularity of dayz and changed gears. you never know cause this company WarInc has been known to do this in the past.

Read further:

we made an open world with zombies for PS3 back in 2010. Files are dated

Also, http://www.militaryphotos.net/forum...ArmA-II-DayZ&p=6177999&viewfull=1#post6177999 - You just don't come up with (specific) ideas in a few hours, or make a post on behalf of a team/company like that out of the blue.

The point is they are taking an engine that is there, and using it (including models, UI, etc. it seems) and capitalizing off the success that is DayZ. I'm not saying it is going to be better, and I'm not saying it is going to be worse. What I am saying is that if it fills the void within the few months before the release of the standalone DayZ, I am happy. From what I've seen, the engine is better in some respects: the zombies don't look glitchy as shit, while in the alpha videos they do look dumb as hell (but at least no hitting through buildings or running in retarded zig-zags). The engine is more optimized so that older/less powerful PCs can run it, and unlike the Arma engine (which they are addressing in the full release of DayZ) there aren't a lot of unnecessary things they'll never implement (like a model having three bones per finger as Rocket mentioned in a Q&A that they are cleaning up for efficiency in the standalone). That said, the engine also seems worse as in it is more cartoony (preference), therefore less realistic. It doesn't act like a sim, more like a shooter, because even though Arma is a shooter and does play as such, there is obviously more room for character simulation and specific actions. Other pros like being able to fortify structures, having multiple characters, having more customization, specific islands where you can store your loot, ability to easily rent servers in game, more official maps supposed to be coming (won't necessarily hold my breath), and the addition of a mode that lets you not lose all your stuff when you die (which I personally won't play) seem to make it different and somewhat more interesting right now. We'll see how it plays out, and $20 or even $50 is not much just to try out something...I've spent more on stuff that hasn't given me any enjoyment in the past.

brandonwh64

How do you positively know they started in 2010? Is there more to this than just his word?

The point is they are taking an engine that is there, and using it (including models, UI, etc. it seems) and capitalizing off the success that is DayZ. I'm not saying it is going to be better, and I'm not saying it is going to be worse. What I am saying is that if it fills the void within the few months before the release of the standalone DayZ, I am happy. From what I've seen, the engine is better in some respects: the zombies don't look glitchy as shit, while in the alpha videos they do look dumb as hell (but at least no hitting through buildings or running in retarded zig-zags). The engine is more optimized so that older/less powerful PCs can run it, and unlike the Arma engine (which they are addressing in the full release of DayZ) there aren't a lot of unnecessary things they'll never implement (like a model having three bones per finger as Rocket mentioned in a Q&A that they are cleaning up for efficiency in the standalone). That said, the engine also seems worse as in it is more cartoony (preference), therefore less realistic. It doesn't act like a sim, more like a shooter, because even though Arma is a shooter and does play as such, there is obviously more room for character simulation and specific actions. Other pros like being able to fortify structures, having multiple characters, having more customization, specific islands where you can store your loot, ability to easily rent servers in game, more official maps supposed to be coming (won't necessarily hold my breath), and the addition of a mode that lets you not lose all your stuff when you die (which I personally won't play) seem to make it different and somewhat more interesting right now. We'll see how it plays out, and $20 or even $50 is not much just to try out something...I've spent more on stuff that hasn't given me any enjoyment in the past.

That sounds pretty reasonable.

Processor Intel i7 4770K
Cooling Corsair H100i
Read further:

Also, http://www.militaryphotos.net/forum...ArmA-II-DayZ&p=6177999&viewfull=1#post6177999 - You just don't come up with (specific) ideas in a few hours, or make a post on behalf of a team/company like that out of the blue.

I just finished searching for Zombie Games released in 2010 for PS3. here is the list:

1. Dead Nation: Released Nov. 30, 2010 Developed by Housemarque, published by Sony Computer Entertainment
2. Blood Drive: Released Nov 2, 2010 Developed by Sidhe, published by Activision
3. Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare: Released Oct 26, 2010 Developed by Rockstar San Diego and Rockstar North published by Rockstar Games.

That is it. NO OTHER ZOMBIE GAMES were released for PS3 in 2010.

Here are the development companies:

Rockstar North/ San Diego owned by Rockstar Games --- definitely not War Inc.
Sidhe --- founded in May of 1997 located in Wellington New Zealand. --- def not War Inc.
Housemarque --- founded in 1995 HQ in Helsinki, Finland known for Super Stardust. Not War inc.

So, where are these files that are "dated" and also where is this game that was made for PS3 that is a zombie game with an open world?

Lots of games that are made aren't released. Maybe they didn't finish it. After all Sony has high expectations. That said, once again, I don't give a damn. I too myself searched for something. They are releasing The War Z, and as I mentioned above, that is all that matters at this point because it is real software and coming out regardless if it is recycled content and/or a clone or both. I honestly don't know why people are riding DayZ so hard. It is a great mod, but at this point what does it offer? There are no missions, quests, things you can create, etc. The only thing that has kept me playing is Lingor Island on a 600+ vehicle server with some good players (IE friendly and fun to play with) and good PvP interactions. If it was just Chernarus I'd have stopped playing long ago as I did for a little bit. It is glitchy, hard to learn, and items like vehicles are few and far between, and running up to get good loot only to get killed then run another hour back up is just a LITTLE bit annoying.

Processor Intel i7 4770K
Cooling Corsair H100i
Lots of games that are made aren't released. Maybe they didn't finish it. After all Sony has high expectations. That said, once again, I don't give a damn. I too myself searched for something. They are releasing The War Z, and as I mentioned above, that is all that matters at this point because it is real software and coming out regardless if it is recycled content and/or a clone or both. I honestly don't know why people are riding DayZ so hard. It is a great mod, but at this point what does it offer? There are no missions, quests, things you can create, etc. The only thing that has kept me playing is Lingor Island on a 600+ vehicle server with some good players (IE friendly and fun to play with) and good PvP interactions. If it was just Chernarus I'd have stopped playing long ago as I did for a little bit. It is glitchy, hard to learn, and items like vehicles are few and far between, and running up to get good loot only to get killed then run another hour back up is just a LITTLE bit annoying.

ok i can see where you are coming from.
The thing i worry about is the whole who came out first thing. It's kinda like plagiarism. also if they made a game for Sony but was never released due to Sony's high standards...what does that say about the game they made?

ok i can see where you are coming from.
The thing i worry about is the whole who came out first thing. It's kinda like plagiarism. also if they made a game for Sony but was never released due to Sony's high standards...what does that say about the game they made?

DayZ came out first. It is out, it is here, and it is playable, and while based off a game engine, is mostly its own game. That said, it is not like their idea is original. This idea has been thrown around for a long time, especially since zombies have gotten noticeably more famous over the past few years, DayZ was just the first to do it (and well at that). Every game is a copy of another game at some point. Sony has high standards but just doesn't like some games. I'm a big Sony fan and have watched/read a lot of things about development, and even if a game is very good, but they don't feel they can do anything to it (depending on the release Sony likes to have their hand in the development stages), they will drop it quick. It doesn't concern me, especially since the PS3 is hard as shit to develop for and open world games and consoles don't always match up well.

brandonwh64

And how do you know they didn't, your speculation? Good logic there. :rolleyes:

The logic is that I don't take posts at face value. I could tell you I am mary frickin poppins on this thread but would you believe me? Probably not. As ducky mentioned, I searched the maker and NO games were released back in 2010 for PS3 that were from them zombie related.

Of course dayz is hard to play, its a mod based on a game that was not intended to be played like this. Stuff is not going to work and things are going to look bad but hell its just alpha. You say you don't give a damn but the whole "Wall o text" posts you have been making scream otherwise. DayZ standalone maybe better and it may not, who knows but until then, the people that like to play just the "mod" will get together and do so.

The logic is that I don't take posts at face value. I could tell you I am mary frickin poppins on this thread but would you believe me? Probably not. As ducky mentioned, I searched the maker and NO games were released back in 2010 for PS3 that were from them zombie related.

Of course dayz is hard to play, its a mod based on a game that was not intended to be played like this. Stuff is not going to work and things are going to look bad but hell its just alpha. You say you don't give a damn but the whole "Wall o text" posts you have been making scream otherwise. DayZ standalone maybe better and it may not, who knows but until then, the people that like to play just the "mod" will get together and do so.

And if you'll read at all, I did the same search. The game is not hard to play because it is a mod based game, it is hard to play because they made it that way. They wanted it to be hard to get into and not a casual type game, and that is exactly what it is. The glitches and bugs that have still yet to be fixed obviously make it even harder, but even without those learning your way and finding loot and all that and surviving overall is hard. Again, if you bothered to read my post, I don't give a damn that they don't have any history. Once again, they are releasing a game and that is all I care about. Keep defending your game, and I'll continue to have an open mind until I play the other games.

brandonwh64

And if you'll read at all, I did the same search. The game is not hard to play because it is a mod based game, it is hard to play because they made it that way. They wanted it to be hard to get into and not a casual type game, and that is exactly what it is. The glitches and bugs that have still yet to be fixed obviously make it even harder, but even without those learning your way and finding loot and all that and surviving overall is hard. Again, if you bothered to read my post, I don't give a damn that they don't have any history. Once again, they are releasing a game and that is all I care about. Keep defending your game, and I'll continue to have an open mind until I play the other games.

If you have that mindset, why are you even in this thread posting defensive objects about a game that you don't like playing since you play other games? :banghead:

If you have that mindset, why are you even in this thread posting defensive objects about a game that you don't like playing since you play other games? :banghead:

And once again you obviously haven't read my post, so why reply? I mentioned above I play Lingor Island on a 600+ vehicle server.:rolleyes:

brandonwh64

And once again you obviously haven't read my post, so why reply? I mentioned above I play Lingor Island on a 600+ vehicle server.:rolleyes:

Are you here just to argue? Those whole page and half of the previous one is nothing but you calling people fan boy's and trying to prove a point?

If you want to continue that then please stay out of this thread.