• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

DayZ (Mod for ARMA II: OAH) Clubhouse

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF x670e
Cooling EK AIO 360. Phantek T30 fans.
Memory 32GB G.Skill 6000Mhz
Video Card(s) Asus RTX 4090
Storage WD m.2
Display(s) LG C2 Evo OLED 42"
Case Lian Li PC 011 Dynamic Evo
Audio Device(s) Topping E70 DAC, SMSL SP200 Headphone Amp.
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti PRO 1000W
Mouse Razer Basilisk V3 Pro
Keyboard Tester84
Software Windows 11
Just like every other alpha it is nearly impossible to get it. It finally downloaded but I've yet to play as there are apparently no servers that it sees for me.

Got in finally...literally spawned near like 5 players (they are apparently only letting you view 30% of map). Spawned with flashlight, bandages, and some food. I walk 200 feet and see a survivor, hit him once behind with flashlight and he dies. Go find a zombie, hit it 200 times with flashlight trying to get headshots, still alive. Survivor came up to hit it with me, I hit him 6 times or so with flashlight and he also dies. I gathered 5 zombies, ran in some random building, and got flanked and killed by zombies on either side of a counter (they don't slow down in houses like DayZ FWIW).

So those were my first 5 minutes of The War Z. I also got it all on video because it was funny as shit, but per the NDA I cannot release it I believe. If I can actually get back in I'll update again on some actual gameplay hopefully.

System Name FumoffuFumoffu
Processor Intel i7 4770K
Motherboard Gigabyte Z87X -UD3H
Cooling Corsair H100i
Memory 16GB DDR3 1600 Crucial Ballistix
Video Card(s) Sapphire AMD Radeon HD 7970 OC
Storage 1- WD 500GB 1- Samsung F2 1.5TB 1- Crucial M4 128GB SSD 1-256GB ADATA XPG SX900 ASX900S3 SSD
Display(s) Hanns-G HZ281HPB 27.5'' 3ms Full HD 1920x1200 WideScreen LCD Monitor
Case Corsair Graphite Series 600T
Audio Device(s) Creative Soundblaster X-Fi Titanium
Power Supply Corsair HX 750W Gold
Software Windows 7 Pro x64
Got in finally...literally spawned near like 5 players (they are apparently only letting you view 30% of map). Spawned with flashlight, bandages, and some food. I walk 200 feet and see a survivor, hit him once behind with flashlight and he dies. Go find a zombie, hit it 200 times with flashlight trying to get headshots, still alive. Survivor came up to hit it with me, I hit him 6 times or so with flashlight and he also dies. I gathered 5 zombies, ran in some random building, and got flanked and killed by zombies on either side of a counter (they don't slow down in houses like DayZ FWIW).

So those were my first 5 minutes of The War Z. I also got it all on video because it was funny as shit, but per the NDA I cannot release it I believe. If I can actually get back in I'll update again on some actual gameplay hopefully.

sounds gay

brandonwh64

Addicted to Bacon and StarCrunches!!!
Looked the game over at the website today and seen this! Looks like its gonna be another one of those "Get better gear! Use your paypal account and get 10 free rocket launchers!!!"

F all that shit

Processor Intel i7 4770K
Cooling Corsair H100i
Storage 1- WD 500GB 1- Samsung F2 1.5TB 1- Crucial M4 128GB SSD 1-256GB ADATA XPG SX900 ASX900S3 SSD
Looked the game over at the website today and seen this! Looks like its gonna be another one of those "Get better gear! Use your paypal account and get 10 free rocket launchers!!!"

F all that shit

http://img.techpowerup.org/121016/.jpg

that is what I said when I saw that. I looked even closer at the "REGULAR" price and saw that it was 69.99....... that is even higher than many Console games when they launch. It is ridiculous. They are trying to play off of the cultist popularity of DayZ and rake in money before people realize they are being gouged. I hope people see how shitty it is and all the servers crash multiple times throughout the testing and launch. :banghead:

System Name INTEL/AMD
Processor I7 4790k stock / 1100T@3.8GHZ(on air)
Motherboard GIGABYTE GAMING 5 / GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 / zalmen 9900
Memory 4x4 GB 1600 / 4x4gb 1600
Video Card(s) GTX670 x2 / ATI 5870 x2
Storage 2xcorsair ssd 120gb raid0 /2x adata ssd 120gb
Display(s) 55Iinch LCD / 22inch acer
Case CM 690 II Advanced (USB 3) / Anteck 900
Power Supply Enermax 800EWT / 750 zalman
Software Win 10
We need to get like 4-6 people in a life mod server and take over the town!

Processor Intel i7 4770K
Cooling Corsair H100i
We need to get like 4-6 people in a life mod server and take over the town!

im down for that. let me take my cisco chapter 9 test first.
***Done. scored a 97.***

Last edited:
Lol this game clucking sucks. I'll be editing together a video and putting it on YouTube of my impressions/whatever. Clucking horrible. I went into it with an open mind and it is just terrible.

Lol this game clucking sucks. I'll be editing together a video and putting it on YouTube of my impressions/whatever. Clucking horrible. I went into it with an open mind and it is just terrible.

That's too bad, I was hoping for more. Drop a link of your vid when you finish.

1Kurgan1

The Knife in your Back
System Name My Comp | Fiancees Comp
Processor i7 5820k @ 4.6Ghz 1.285v| i5 2500k
Motherboard MSI x99 SLI Plus | AsRock Z77 Pro 3
Cooling Watercooled
Memory 16GB DDR4 2400 @ 2666 | 12GB DDR3 1600
Video Card(s) AMD R9 290x | MSI 5850 OC
Storage 128gb SSD + 2x 2TB | 2TB
Display(s) Asus 27" LCD | 25" Hanns G
Case CM Storm | CM Elite 430
Audio Device(s) Creative Recon 3D PCIe
Power Supply Enermax Galaxy 1250W | Rosewill 630w
Mouse Logitech G700s | Logitech G100s
Keyboard Logitech G901 | Logitech G105
Software Win 8.1 Ultimate x64 | Win 8.1 Ultimate x64
Benchmark Scores 3D Mark - Fire Strike Extreme - 4403

F all that shit

http://img.techpowerup.org/121016/.jpg

The real money you spent can't be used on buying any weapons as far as the dev's have said so far, except possible melee weapons. So that assumption would be false. It sounds like the store is mostly for buying supplies to live or to start you character easier.

brandonwh64

The real money you spent can't be used on buying any weapons as far as the dev's have said so far, except possible melee weapons. So that assumption would be false. It sounds like the store is mostly for buying supplies to live or to start you character easier.

Yea but no one should get special treatment just cause they can buy more stuff with REAL money. I can see if you preordered you got like one special item that wouldn't be too much of a advantage but being able to purchase many things with real money to play a game... nope

lyndonguitar

I play games
System Name X6 | Lyndon-ROG
Processor Intel Core i7-8700k | Intel Core i7 6700HQ
Motherboard Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 5 | Asus ROG-GL552VX
Cooling Deepcool Captain 240EX
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LED | 8 GB
Video Card(s) NVIDIA GTX 1080 8 GB GDDR5X | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 950M 4GB
Storage SSDs: 500GB, HDDs: 2TB, 2TB, 3TB | SSD: 250GB, HDD: 1TB
Display(s) Samsung 49" CHG90 3840x1080@144Hz, Panasonic 32" HDTV, | 15.6"1080p
Case Cougar Panzer Max
Audio Device(s) HyperX Cloud II | Corsair Gaming H1500 7.1 | ROCCAT Kave 5.1 | Edifier M3200
Power Supply EVGA 750GQ
Mouse Logitech G403 | Razer Deathadder Chroma | Logitech G302 | Mad Catz Cyborg R.A.T. 5
Keyboard Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Red
Software Windows 10
the Developers of WarZ forgot the one aspect of DayZ that caused its sudden rise and what seperated it from L4D, Dead Island, etc... It's Realism.

I've watched videos and the game looks like shit, even if it is an Alpha/Beta, Animations are very fast and stiffer than COD, Weapons and Other supposed to be rare items are found in a couple of minutes. Zombies are not scary anymore. Graphics are decent but human models kinda looks like plastic. I thought WarZ's gonna be awesome now its just another cheap zombie shooter

DayZ on the other hand, while still in Alpha, plays awesome, in fact if it wasnt for those damn hackers this game is pretty much very playable.

Processor Intel i7 4770K
Cooling Corsair H100i
the Developers of WarZ forgot the one aspect of DayZ that caused its sudden rise and what seperated it from L4D, Dead Island, etc... It's Realism.

I've watched videos and the game looks like shit, even if it is an Alpha/Beta, Animations are very fast and stiffer than COD, Weapons and Other supposed to be rare items are found in a couple of minutes. Zombies are not scary anymore. Graphics are decent but human models kinda looks like plastic. I thought WarZ's gonna be awesome now its just another cheap zombie shooter

DayZ on the other hand, while still in Alpha, plays awesome, in fact if it wasnt for those damn hackers this game is pretty much very playable.

i agree on everything but the cheap part. it is not a cheap zombie shooter.... it si the expensive one

System Name The SwagMachine / The Sister
Processor Core i5 3570K @5.2ghz 1.3V/ 1100T
Motherboard ASUS P8Z77-V / ASUS M5A99X EVO
Cooling Phanteks PH TC14PE / Corsair H40
Memory M379B5273DH0-YK0 2X4GB + PVI316G213C1QK 2X4GB / 2x4GB Patriot 2133
Video Card(s) PNY 780Ti /Windforce 7950
Storage 2xSamsung 840 EVO 250gb+WD10EZEX + WD30EZRX/ 1x WD1500 Black
Display(s) AOC Q2963PM+Acer S200HL / Acer S200L+ LG 22LD350
Case Fractal Define R4 / NZXT Trinity
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar DG / Asus Xonar DG
Power Supply Seasonic 750X / ROSEWILL RG630-S12 630W R
Mouse Razer Deathadder Chroma / Roccat Kone+
Keyboard Razer Blackwidow 2013 Stealth / Roccat Isku
Software Windows 8.1 Pro / Windows 7 Ultimate
Benchmark Scores one time I scored a 3 on 3dmark 11

1Kurgan1

The Knife in your Back
System Name My Comp | Fiancees Comp
Processor i7 5820k @ 4.6Ghz 1.285v| i5 2500k
Motherboard MSI x99 SLI Plus | AsRock Z77 Pro 3
Cooling Watercooled
Memory 16GB DDR4 2400 @ 2666 | 12GB DDR3 1600
Video Card(s) AMD R9 290x | MSI 5850 OC
Storage 128gb SSD + 2x 2TB | 2TB
Display(s) Asus 27" LCD | 25" Hanns G
Case CM Storm | CM Elite 430
Audio Device(s) Creative Recon 3D PCIe
Power Supply Enermax Galaxy 1250W | Rosewill 630w
Mouse Logitech G700s | Logitech G100s
Keyboard Logitech G901 | Logitech G105
Software Win 8.1 Ultimate x64 | Win 8.1 Ultimate x64
Benchmark Scores 3D Mark - Fire Strike Extreme - 4403
Yea but no one should get special treatment just cause they can buy more stuff with REAL money. I can see if you preordered you got like one special item that wouldn't be too much of a advantage but being able to purchase many things with real money to play a game... nope

Theres a big difference between rocket launchers and bread. F2P is just fine, if you haven't played League of Legends, then I suggest doing it. Thats F2P and I wouldn't say it's Pay to Win. Paying for food and such is a luxury, not a requirement, those people will lose game immersion, I don't see it as an advantage, which is why I posted, you made it sound like one.

There is no pay to win The War Z. You can buy masks, food, addons like silencers and scopes (really, if you need to buy these to win, you suck anyways), etc. All these items can be found in game, some rarer than others, and if you buy them and die, you lose them just like any other item. Since I won't be home until the weekend to make a video, I'll give my thoughts here.

First things first, this is "alpha". Sure, whatever. Apparently everything wrong with the game can and should be chalked up to that excuse, so if you can't climb ladders, don't worry, it's alpha. Yes, that is correct, you can't climb ladders. You don't release a game to the public, regardless if it is just a "pre-order bonus" in alpha and not see half the problems they have right now.

The graphics are that of a PS2.5 game, being generous. The textures are absolute shit on most things, especially the foliage. The skyline is painted on, the trees have paper leaves, the rocks look like grey blobs. The animations are stiff and slow. The character animations are a bit better than the zombie animations, but still bad. The zombie animations are pretty bad. You just kind of have to see it to know what I'm talking about, but the way they move, run in place, and hit you is just retarded looking.

The sound is average at best. The music is annoying, and sort of like DayZ, where it just has random moments where something should be happening and isn't. It got old really quickly and I turned it off. The zombie noises come from everywhere, even where the zombies aren't. Unless they spawned one on top of a building, I was hearing one on top of what looked to be a fire station (not enter-able) just making noises (and no he was not behind or to the side of the building). They either breathe heavy or don't breathe at all, or breathe then stop breathing completely then breathe again...it's pretty annoying when they are chasing you and you don't know if they are still chasing you because they stop making noise. When somebody spawns in, you hear an annoying "ding" noise signaling somebody is in. The players also make noise when doing things like jumping (which gives away your position). The forests sounds are annoying and unrealistic, super loud birds chirping and woodpeckers and other wildlife.

The gameplay is horrible. I'm not a big fan of how DayZ works gameplay wise. It is stiff, animations tend to suck, the ability to not jump, and all the glitches are annoying as hell. That said, it works, and I have gotten used to it. The War Z sucks in this regard. While I could get used to it, I don't want to. There is first and third person in the game. first person is a better view as it doesn't allow you to see your retarded looking character move around. However, you have no idea where the item in your hand is showing. For instance, your flashlight is in front of you in third person, but in first person it is to the right of your screen (it is in your right hand, but apparently your character is too stupid to center it so you can actually look at things). When hitting a zombie with a flashlight or a club, you have no idea where you are hitting them in first or third person. Apparently you can only kill zombies with headshots, and I've hit zombies literally 20+ times and they haven't gone down with both a flashlight and a hammer, even with a baseball bat (spiked at that). Either the hit boxes are super small, or the aim is off of where it should be. The zombies are also IMPOSSIBLE to lose. It is super easy, easier than DayZ (regular) honestly, to gather a horde of zombies. They don't slow in houses and there is no way to get rid of them besides weaving in and out of houses quickly or standing on a car (yes, they leave you alone if you jump on top of a car). Which would make sense, except that trees do not seem to get rid of them nor do fences as they just seem to jump right over or find the only hole in the fence. Of course, this wouldn't be such a problem if zombies didn't kill you in four hits, or you could actually kill them with melee weapons.

So not only that, but things like the loot and houses are terrible. The loot is literally almost nonexistant besides food and other occasional things like flares and lights. I've manged to find 2 crossbows, with no ammo, and 2 masks. The other things I've used I got off of bodies (bats and hammers). I attribute this partly to everyone hounding the servers and only having 30% of the map open, but still, there is literally nothing in most of the buildings. Also, all the buildings tend to be the same. You can go in the diner, post office, garage looking sort of thing, barns, and some houses...and that seems to be about it. The placement of the towns is okay, nothing special, but lots of places aren't enter-able or are certain deathtraps where there is no way out, and if the 2 zombies that follow you inside hit you, you're dead. Not only do you die, but you can't use that character for an hour. You can have about 5 characters, and you can delete them, but if you get flashlight killed as soon as you spawn in and want to keep the character, you're SOL for a little bit. I'm told this is also 24 hours in the full game.

Oh, and the PvP. So DayZ PvP is somewhat balanced in terms that you either have to sneak up on someone with a hatchet or get into a firefight (sans sniping) and is generally fair in a "real world" situation type of way. Again, even seeing there is only 30% of the map open (albeit with only 40 players, some less per server), the PvP is ridiculously unbalanced. For instance, a flashlight to the back of the head and you're dead. 1 hit, done. 5 hits with a spiked bat and you're dead. See anything wrong with that? So they start you off with the most overpowered weapon in the game, that can't kill zombies in 20+ hits mind you, and just spawn everybody within spitting distance of each other. Makes so much sense.

Uh, so yeah. Within my 2-3 hours of play that is what I've come up with so far. I'm horribly disappointed. I'll play it again this weekend to see if anything is fixed in 3 days, and I'll wait until the beta to try and get my refund. It is horribly disappointing. Guess I'm waiting on the DayZ standalone.

Oh, and here's my video of the first 5 minutes of gameplay. It is unlisted.
Untitled - YouTube

brandonwh64

Thanks Guitar! Is that "TheLaughingMan" from here on TPU AKA Gunny highway in the video you made?

*Just watched the whole video*

W............T...............F............. is this shit. This game is terrible

Last edited:
Oh, and while the game looks bad, ignore the "I have this on ultra". Apparently it didn't save my settings and it was on low. Not that it changed much going to Ultra.

System Name The SwagMachine / The Sister
Processor Core i5 3570K @5.2ghz 1.3V/ 1100T
Motherboard ASUS P8Z77-V / ASUS M5A99X EVO
Cooling Phanteks PH TC14PE / Corsair H40
Memory M379B5273DH0-YK0 2X4GB + PVI316G213C1QK 2X4GB / 2x4GB Patriot 2133
Video Card(s) PNY 780Ti /Windforce 7950
Storage 2xSamsung 840 EVO 250gb+WD10EZEX + WD30EZRX/ 1x WD1500 Black
Display(s) AOC Q2963PM+Acer S200HL / Acer S200L+ LG 22LD350
Case Fractal Define R4 / NZXT Trinity
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar DG / Asus Xonar DG
Power Supply Seasonic 750X / ROSEWILL RG630-S12 630W R
Mouse Razer Deathadder Chroma / Roccat Kone+
Keyboard Razer Blackwidow 2013 Stealth / Roccat Isku
Software Windows 8.1 Pro / Windows 7 Ultimate
Benchmark Scores one time I scored a 3 on 3dmark 11
Oh, and while the game looks bad, ignore the "I have this on ultra". Apparently it didn't save my settings and it was on low. Not that it changed much going to Ultra.

Got a screenshot of it on ultra? And lol it is gunny!

System Name An experiment in continuous upgrading
Processor Intel Core i7 2600k @ 4.4 Ghz | FX-8570 @ 4.0 Ghz | Phenom II X4 965
Motherboard MSI P67A-GD53 | MSI 990FXA-GD80 | Asus M4A79 Deluxe
Cooling Noctua NH-D14 | Zalman CNPS10x | Coolermaster*212+
Memory 24gb DDR3-1866 |8Gb | 8Gb
Video Card(s) ASUS GTX 970 Turbo x 2 (SLI) | Sapphire Radeon 7970 + GTX 670 (PhysX) | Radeon 4870 1Gb
Storage 2x240gb SSD + 4tb SSHD + HDDs | 240gb SSD + HDDs | 120gb SSD + WD Blue 500gb
Display(s) ASUS VG248 144hz + Samsung S23A700D 120hz + 3D Vision | 40" Sony 1080p TV | 23" 1080p
Case Cooler Master HAF-X | Lian-Li PC-8 | Antec 302
Audio Device(s) Senn. PC360 G4ME | Sound Blaster Zx | Generic
Power Supply Corsair TX850W | Corsair TX 750 | OCZ 700
Mouse Steelseries Sensei | Logitech G402 W/L | Generic
Keyboard Filco Majetouch Ninja Tenkeyless MX Black | Logitech wireless |SteelSeries 6Gv2 MX Red
Software About 800 top-rated games. | 200 top-rated games | No games
Benchmark Scores No time for benching, I prefer gaming.
My clan now operates a DayZ server, search for " SGA" with a space before it, to avoid the many "xxxxsGamers" servers. Right now it runs on UTC-12 for plenty of evening daylight, it's on regular difficulty and it's brand new, so there must be some vehicles that aren't already taken and hidden away... DayZ is fun times.

brandonwh64

My clan now operates a DayZ server, search for " SGA" with a space before it, to avoid the many "xxxxsGamers" servers. Right now it runs on UTC-12 for plenty of evening daylight, it's on regular difficulty and it's brand new, so there must be some vehicles that aren't already taken and hidden away... DayZ is fun times.

Is this a hive server or a private hive?

System Name An experiment in continuous upgrading
Processor Intel Core i7 2600k @ 4.4 Ghz | FX-8570 @ 4.0 Ghz | Phenom II X4 965
Motherboard MSI P67A-GD53 | MSI 990FXA-GD80 | Asus M4A79 Deluxe
Cooling Noctua NH-D14 | Zalman CNPS10x | Coolermaster*212+
Memory 24gb DDR3-1866 |8Gb | 8Gb
Video Card(s) ASUS GTX 970 Turbo x 2 (SLI) | Sapphire Radeon 7970 + GTX 670 (PhysX) | Radeon 4870 1Gb
Storage 2x240gb SSD + 4tb SSHD + HDDs | 240gb SSD + HDDs | 120gb SSD + WD Blue 500gb
Display(s) ASUS VG248 144hz + Samsung S23A700D 120hz + 3D Vision | 40" Sony 1080p TV | 23" 1080p
Case Cooler Master HAF-X | Lian-Li PC-8 | Antec 302
Audio Device(s) Senn. PC360 G4ME | Sound Blaster Zx | Generic
Power Supply Corsair TX850W | Corsair TX 750 | OCZ 700
Mouse Steelseries Sensei | Logitech G402 W/L | Generic
Keyboard Filco Majetouch Ninja Tenkeyless MX Black | Logitech wireless |SteelSeries 6Gv2 MX Red
Software About 800 top-rated games. | 200 top-rated games | No games
Benchmark Scores No time for benching, I prefer gaming.
Is this a hive server or a private hive?

Not a private hive. I don't even know what a private hive is, although I saw that in the server settings. For now we're just happy to kill zombies and try to establish a nice camp. There have been groups of friendlies on the server, and only a few humans killed at the hands of other humans.

It is a "DayZChernarus" server, instead of a simple "DayZ" server, if you know what I mean. We're playing BF3 tonight, so you probably won't see any SGA on the server, but other than that, we'll be around and stomping hard on cheaters.

brandonwh64

Private hive is a server that has its own hive in the server and you can have your own vehicles and weapons and way more control, only downside is that if you build a character on the private hive then goto a hive, your stuff will not transfer.

System Name Unknown
Processor AMD Bulldozer FX8320 @ 4.4Ghz
Motherboard Asus Crosshair V
Cooling XSPC Raystorm 750 EX240 for CPU
Memory 8 GB CORSAIR Vengeance Red DDR3 RAM 1922mhz (10-11-9-27)
Video Card(s) XFX R9 290
Storage Samsung SSD 254GB and Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s
Display(s) AOC 23" @ 1920x1080 + Asus 27" 1440p
Case HAF X
Audio Device(s) X Fi Titanium 5.1 Surround Sound
Power Supply 750 Watt PP&C Silencer Black
Software Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit