• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Deepcool Gamer Storm Quadstellar

Darksaber

Senior Editor & Case Reviewer
Staff member
System Name Meshlicious Monster
Processor Intel Core i5-10600T
Motherboard MSI Z490I Unify
Cooling NZXT Kraken Z53 with 2x Noctua Redux 1300 RPM PWM fans
Memory ADATA 16 GB 3200 Mhz DDR4
Video Card(s) MSI GeForce RTX 3070 Gaming X Trio
Storage TeamGroup 1TB NVMe SSD
Display(s) Asus ProArt 27" 1440P, 75Hz
Case ssupd Meshlicious with mesh side panels
Power Supply Fractal Design Ion 660 W Platinum ATX
Mouse Corsair Dark Core RGB Pro Wireless
Keyboard Microsoft Sidewinder X4 Keyboard
Software Windows 10 Home
The Deepcool Gamer Storm Quadstellar is one massive chassis, looking like alien tech that has crashed on earth, ready to take over the planet. But the interior is surprisingly versatile and functional as well, making this not just one of the sexiest cases out there, but also quite a useful one.

Show full review

Last edited by a moderator:
I can understand why there's no temp or noise data in this review, since the case clearly targets a market that has no concern for either of those things.

Looking forward to seeing temperature testing and noise testing return in the next case review though!

noise depend off gpu and cpu cooling solutions....

funny how they can make things as this , but yet cant make / offer a solid practical case with hinged lockable latch doors .

System Name Mi Negra
Processor Intel Core i7-2600K Sandy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.8GHz Turbo Boost) LGA 1155 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processo
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3-iSSD LGA 1155 Intel Z68 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
Cooling Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro Rev.2 with 92mm PWM Fan
Memory Patriot Viper Xtreme Series DDR3 8 GB (2 x 4 GB) PC3-12800 1600MHz
Video Card(s) Nvidia Founders Edition GeForce GTX 1080 8GB GDDR5X PCI Express 3.0 Graphics Card
Storage Samsung 750 EVO 250GB 2.5" 250G SATA III Internal SSD 3-D 3D Vertical Solid State Drive MZ-750250BW
Display(s) Samsung UN40JU6500 40" Class 4K Ultra HD Smart LED TV
Case In Win 303 Black SECC Steel/Tempered Glass Case ATX Mid Tower, Dual Chambered/High Air Computer Case
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Professional 70SB088600002 7.1 Channels 24-bit 96KHz P
Power Supply Antec High Current Pro HCP-1200 1200W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready 80 PLUS GOLD Certified Yes, High Cur
Mouse Logitech G700s Black 13 Buttons Tilt Wheel USB RF Wireless Laser 5700 dpi Gaming Mouse
Keyboard Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
Software Microsoft Windows 10 Professional 64-bit
Hey darksaber, benchmark that vid card that Nvidia card with modern games for science reasons.

System Name O-Clock
Processor Intel Core i9-9900K @ 52x/49x 8c8t
Motherboard ASUS Maximus XI Gene
Cooling EK Quantum Velocity C+A, EK Quantum Vector C+A, CE 280, Monsta 280, GTS 280 all w/ A14 IP67
Memory 2x16GB G.Skill TridentZ @3900 MHz CL16
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 2080 Ti XC Black
Storage Samsung 983 ZET 960GB, 2x WD SN850X 4TB
Display(s) Asus VG259QM
Case Corsair 900D
Audio Device(s) beyerdynamic DT 990 600Ω, Asus SupremeFX Hi-Fi 5.25", Elgato Wave 3
Power Supply EVGA 1600 T2 w/ A14 IP67
Mouse Logitech G403 Wireless (PMW3366)
Keyboard Logitech G910 Stickerbombed
Software Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
Benchmark Scores https://hwbot.org/search/submissions/permalink?userId=92615&cpuId=5773
Page 5, i7-8600K?

Processor Ryzen 2700X
Motherboard Asrock X470 Master sli/ac
Cooling Raijintek Themis Evo
Memory Team Dark Pro 3200 cl14
Video Card(s) GTX 1080
Power Supply Seasonic Focus Gold Plus 850W
noise depend off gpu and cpu cooling solutions....
Totally remedied by a standardized components for case reviews.

System Name Rainbow Puke Machine :D
Processor Intel Core i5-11400 (MCE enabled, PL removed)
Motherboard ASUS STRIX B560-G GAMING WIFI mATX
Cooling Corsair H60i RGB PRO XT AIO + HD120 RGB (x3) + SP120 RGB PRO (x3) + Commander PRO
Memory Corsair Vengeance RGB RT 2 x 8GB 3200MHz DDR4 C16
Video Card(s) Zotac RTX2060 Twin Fan 6GB GDDR6 (Stock)
Storage Corsair MP600 PRO 1TB M.2 PCIe Gen4 x4 SSD
Display(s) LG 29WK600-W Ultrawide 1080p IPS Monitor (primary display)
Case Corsair iCUE 220T RGB Airflow (White) w/Lighting Node CORE + Lighting Node PRO RGB LED Strips (x4).
Audio Device(s) ASUS ROG Supreme FX S1220A w/ Savitech SV3H712 AMP + Sonic Studio 3 suite
Power Supply Corsair RM750x 80 Plus Gold Fully Modular
Mouse Corsair M65 RGB FPS Gaming (White)
Keyboard Corsair K60 PRO RGB Mechanical w/ Cherry VIOLA Switches
Software Windows 11 Professional x64 (Update 23H2)
that chassis weight without the parts installed is gonna kill some unfortunate owner's back... 14.5kg?? holy moly that's heavy af. Definitely not LAN party-friendly at all.

Totally remedied by a standardized components for case reviews.
That's fine, but people rarely are going to buy those standarized components, instead they will review cpu and gpu and be able to choise silent or not hardware. My point humblely was that unless you review a superspecialized and advertised as 'guaranteed silent' case, it is not a huge factor, is it?

That's fine, but people rarely are going to buy those standarized components, instead they will review cpu and gpu and be able to choise silent or not hardware. My point humblely was that unless you review a superspecialized and advertised as 'guaranteed silent' case, it is not a huge factor, is it?
You don't seem to understand how and why standardised testing works.

It isn't done so that users can go and buy the exact same components and achieve the same results. It is done to reduce the variables in your test, to the point that the only variable is the component you are intentionally changing.

Sure, two different 8700Ks will produce different amounts of heat. But if you're only testing one 8700K, and it's 3C cooler in one case versus another when nothing else changed, you know the case is responsible for a 3C delta, rather than the CPU being 3C hotter than...itself.

It is POSSIBLE for a user to use hardware that would exhibit different fundamental behaviour to your test rig, but in practice, a case with solid airflow, sufficient to provide better performance when using a tower style air cooler and an open-face videocard, will almost always *also* perform better when those components are changed for, say, an AIO and/or blower style videocard. The reason is that for the most part, all any cooling component relies on in order to do it's job, is effective and continuous circulation of cooler air from outside of the case, and then to effectively exhaust the air instead of recirculating it.

As long as that job is done properly, it really doesn't matter much what your test rig is or whether someone else has exactly the same thing - As long as you're not setting up a test rig with fans blowing backwards into other fans or something ridiculous like that, all you are essentially testing is the ability of the case to intake and exhaust air.

You could test a case using a NoFan CR95 and a FTW3 1080Ti if you wanted. Or you could test the same case with an NH-D15 and a blower-style Vega 64. Ultimately, if you compared a terribly designed case (BitFenix Enso) to a well designed case (Define R6) with either of those options as your test rig - You would see the well designed case cool far more effectively.

Also, in actual testing (like Gamers Nexus does), it's often the case that silence focused case designs are actually LOUDER than airflow-focused case designs in practice - because the silence focused cases restrict airflow so much that the fans end up spinning faster to provide adequate cooling.

Finally - even in cases where this testing is done, if a result is anomalous, it is the job of the reviewer, presumably not being an idiot, to look at the case and identify why the result is anomalous. For case reviews this is typically not difficult to figure out and then explain. Again, Gamers Nexus does it all the time.

Last edited:
System Name Rainbow Puke Machine :D
Processor Intel Core i5-11400 (MCE enabled, PL removed)
Motherboard ASUS STRIX B560-G GAMING WIFI mATX
Cooling Corsair H60i RGB PRO XT AIO + HD120 RGB (x3) + SP120 RGB PRO (x3) + Commander PRO
Memory Corsair Vengeance RGB RT 2 x 8GB 3200MHz DDR4 C16
Video Card(s) Zotac RTX2060 Twin Fan 6GB GDDR6 (Stock)
Storage Corsair MP600 PRO 1TB M.2 PCIe Gen4 x4 SSD
Display(s) LG 29WK600-W Ultrawide 1080p IPS Monitor (primary display)
Case Corsair iCUE 220T RGB Airflow (White) w/Lighting Node CORE + Lighting Node PRO RGB LED Strips (x4).
Audio Device(s) ASUS ROG Supreme FX S1220A w/ Savitech SV3H712 AMP + Sonic Studio 3 suite
Power Supply Corsair RM750x 80 Plus Gold Fully Modular
Mouse Corsair M65 RGB FPS Gaming (White)
Keyboard Corsair K60 PRO RGB Mechanical w/ Cherry VIOLA Switches
Software Windows 11 Professional x64 (Update 23H2)
"silence focused case designs are actually LOUDER than airflow-focused case designs in practice - because the silence focused cases restrict airflow so much that the fans end up spinning faster to provide adequate cooling." This is something I can agree on.

"silence focused case designs are actually LOUDER than airflow-focused case designs in practice - because the silence focused cases restrict airflow so much that the fans end up spinning faster to provide adequate cooling." This is something I can agree on.

There are exceptions. The original Antec P180 is still the quietest case I've ever owned, and it's intake was restrictive as hell by modern standards. (Still reasonable by the standards of the time though)

That unfortunately changed as they updated the case over time - they changed the side panels from a 3-ply Alu-Plastic-Alu construction to a 2ply Alu-Plastic construction, which was the biggest issue. Other changes, like making the front filters less restrictive, widening the side intakes on the front panel, and removing the rear "spoiler" thing were all steps in good directions. The "GPU Duct" it originally shipped with was a stupid idea and deserved to get taken out also.

Personally, I'd love to see Antec introduce a P180 redux. (A proper one, not the bullshit they make now) Take the good of the old case - the heavy steel construction, the 3ply side panels, the super soft silicon mounting points for everything. And put them into a modern performance chassis. Don't rely on sound dampening foam everywhere - it doesn't work, heavy construction does. 420 Rad support in the front, 280 in the top, 140 in the rear. 3 x 3.5" bays in the bottom compartment, no SSD mounts in the front (only behind the tray). You could easily make it about the same size and appearance of the old version without having to compromise *at all* in the inside.

System Name Personal / HTPC
Processor Ryzen 5900x / i5-4460
Motherboard Asrock x570 Phantom Gaming 4 /ASRock Z87 Extreme4
Cooling Corsair H100i / stock HSF
Memory 32GB DDR4 3200 / 8GB DDR3 1600
Video Card(s) EVGA XC3 Ultra RTX 3080Ti / EVGA RTX 3060 XC
Storage 500GB Pro 970, 250 GB SSD, 1TB & 500GB Western Digital / 2x 4TB & 1x 8TB WD Red, 2TB SSD & 4TB SSD
Display(s) Dell - S3220DGF 32" LED Curved QHD FreeSync Monitor / 50" LCD TV
Case CoolerMaster HAF XB Evo / CM HAF XB Evo
Audio Device(s) Logitech G35 headset
Power Supply 850W SeaSonic X Series / 750W SeaSonic X Series
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Black Microsoft Natural Elite Keyboard
Software Windows 10 Pro 64 / Windows 10 Pro 64
Hey darksaber, benchmark that vid card that Nvidia card with modern games for science reasons.

While it would be interesting to see what it could do, it may not go well since the last actual driver update for the GTX 2xx series was back in 2014 - so going on 4 years now. I'm not sure how newer games would work, if at all, under a GTX 280. My younger brother ran one of my old GTX 280 cards until mid 2015 and he literally could not play Dying Light because of the aged GPU. The game told him his system doesn't meet the minimum requirements and the game wouldn't launch.

System Name Linotosh
Processor Dual 800mhz G4
Cooling Air
Memory 1.5 GB
This is totally the kind of case you buy simply because you can. If I had the funds to put together monster build, this would be at the top of my list.

Case+fans+fans profile+humidity+room temp+cpu usage+gp usage+hdd usage+dust*+lots more stuff= all are factors. todays (quite open) cases do mean nothing in relation to noise or temps
(unless they are vibrating badly or of the closed 'silenced' type).

I AGREE with all the little details you give, GlacierNine, but no need to disqualify me in terms of "standerised testing works" because no one cares at home. We do not live in a lab. We all know that a review may or may not be great and "standarised", yet when we buy our parts OMMV, simple as that.

I don't need case reviews to go into noise or temps, I can make my own airflow work, and when i overclock or game heavily … noise is going to rise. Thanks.

* Or cats or other weird beings.

Fast forward without reading your steaming pile. Not going to read a guy who seems to badly need to convince others by using stone carving arguments. You live in a lab, mate. Heat and noise levels of a case review doing Furmak is the most ridicule thing I've read here.

System Name Dricast
Processor Intel Core i7 2600k
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H
Cooling Corsair A70
Memory 12GB Mushkin DDR3
Video Card(s) 2x EVGA Geforce GTX460@GTX560 Clocks in SLI
Storage SanDisk 120GB SSD, Hitatchi 1TB, Hitatchi 2TB
Display(s) Dell 24"
Case Antec 902
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Corsair 750TX
Software Windows 7 Ultimate
I've been waiting for the day I can recreate the Original Xbox Prototype.

zenstrive

this is the case that you would really to have the system works the first time!

System Name Black Box
Processor Intel Xeon E3-1260L v5
Motherboard MSI E3 KRAIT Gaming v5
Cooling Tt tower + 120mm Tt fan
Memory G.Skill 16GB 3600 C18
Video Card(s) Asus GTX 970 Mini
Storage Kingston A2000 512Gb NVME
Display(s) AOC 24" Freesync 1m.s. 75Hz
Case Corsair 450D High Air Flow.
Audio Device(s) No need.
Power Supply FSP Aurum 650W
Mouse Yes
Keyboard Of course
Software W10 Pro 64 bit
There should be more options for it's orientation, perhaps feet on the rear so that can be the base as well as a stand of sorts to enable it to remain on one side resembling a +, not an x as shown.
As it is, it is very limited.

There should be more options for it's orientation, perhaps feet on the rear so that can be the base as well as a stand of sorts to enable it to remain on one side resembling a +, not an x as shown.
As it is, it is very limited.
Gotta disagree one that one. The point of the case is the "X" factor and the stylings. Putting it up on it's ends would ruin that look.