• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Definitive guide to configuring the Ryzen 3900X/3950X and all other 3000 Series CPUs

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the months that have passed since I started experimenting with the Ryzen 5 3600X on my X470 motherboard (GigaByte X470 AURUS Gaming 7 WiFi Rev. 1.1 and then helping my friend configure his Ryzen 3900X on his motherboard (ASUS X570 ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi).

I bought the X570 motherboard I wanted (at a price I was willing to pay) the GigaByte X570 AURUS XTREME and experimented with my 3600X in that until I managed to get the CPU I wanted, the Ryzen 9 3950X which I now have.

A YouTube Techie who I respect from a channel called "Actually Hardcore Overclocking" https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrwObTfqv8u1KO7Fgk-FXHQ called "Buildzoid" who recently made three videos on the topic of configuring PBO on a the same GigaByte board I have, an ASUS board and then general thoughts on PBO:

1) The easy way to get a bit more performance out of Ryzen 3000 CPUs on Gigabyte X570 motherboards

2) The easy way to get a bit more performance out of Ryzen 3000 CPUs on Gigabyte X570 motherboards

3) The easy way to get a bit more performance out of Ryzen 3000 CPUs on Gigabyte X570 motherboards

In the course of his experimentation he has managed to degrade his Ryzen 7 3700X and I fear that with the way he is configuring his Ryzen 9 3950X he will be doing the same thing there as well.

In the video he has put up some benchmarks where, by configuring PBO in the BIOS he managed to get the results up by some amount, the problem is though, that he is doing so at higher voltages than I consider to be prudent and also at higher temps than I experience with my 3950X.

His maximum CineBench R20 result after configuring his 3950X was at 9,554.

The way I configure my Ryzen 9 3950X I get a CineBench R20 score of 10,170 and still remain within the specification as laid down by TSMC for their 7nm Node. This specifies a far lower voltage than AMD considers safe and personally I am going to go with the recommendations of the creator of the 7nm Node and constrain the voltage of my Ryzen 3000 CPUs to 1.3 Volts MAXIMUM

Because of my back problems (I have had two spine operations and have spinal arthritis) I have to keep the room temperature pretty warm.

The ambient temperature in my room is 28 - 29 °C and you should keep that in mind when I show you the following benchmark results of my system:

My R9 3950X with SMT On:

1) CineBench R20 all-core score of 10,170 and a single core score of 500

2) FireStrike EVGA 1080 Ti SC2 I have a Graphics Score of 28,213, a Physics Score of 33,848 and a Combined Score of 15,488
3) FireStrike Extreme EVGA 1080 Ti SC2 I have a Graphics Score of 14,130, a Physics Score of 33,821 and a Combined Score of 7,057
4) FireStrike Ultra EVGA 1080 Ti SC2 I have a Graphics Score of 7,180, a Physics Score of 34,089 and a Combined Score of 3,902

5) TimeSpy EVGA 1080 Ti SC2 I have a Graphics Score of 10,292 and a CPU Score of 15,390
6) TimeSpy Extreme EVGA 1080 Ti SC2 I have a Graphics Score of 4,791 and a CPU Score of 9,421

7) Ghost Recon Wildlands benchmark 1080p everything at max FPS 86.33, CPU 14.7% (Min. 9.8% Max. 23.2%) and GPU 96.7%

8) 7zip Compression Average 124.906 MB/s, Decompression 199.303 MB/s

My R9 3950X with SMT Off:

1) CineBench R20 all-core score of 7,817 and a single core score of 513

2) FireStrike EVGA 1080 Ti SC2 I have a Graphics Score of 28,295, a Physics Score of 30,052 and a Combined Score of 15,833
3) FireStrike Extreme EVGA 1080 Ti SC2 I have a Graphics Score of 14,170, a Physics Score of 30,168 and a Combined Score of 7,076
4) FireStrike Ultra EVGA 1080 Ti SC2 I have a Graphics Score of 7,186, a Physics Score of 30,164 and a Combined Score of 3,906

5) TimeSpy EVGA 1080 Ti SC2 I have a Graphics Score of 10,271 and a CPU Score of 15,340
6) TimeSpy Extreme EVGA 1080 Ti SC2 I have a Graphics Score of 4,788 and a CPU Score of 7,564

7) Ghost Recon Wildlands benchmark 1080p everything at max FPS 86.51, CPU 23.4% (Min. 17.2% Max. 48.6%) and GPU 97%

8) 7zip Compression Average 103.106 MB/s Decompression 129.844 MB/s

The cooler I am using is the AlphaCool EisBaer 360 LT which as the name suggests has a 360 rad and I am running it with three Noctua NF-A12x25 fans.

In the following I will be giving you a step-by-step guide to configuring your Ryzen 3000 series CPU.

This is based on the BIOS in my GigaByte X570 AURUS XTREME board, but the few values that you need to change can be found in the other BIOS's from ASRock, ASUS or MSI.

The following is the step-by-step guide to configuring the system whereby you will be able to maximise the performance without running the risk of frying your CPU and you don't have to live in a ice-locker to get a result:

I have to preface this with some info that is woefully lacking in the videos or articles you may see or read.

The thing is that as opposed to Intel CPUs that you have been used to (and that I was used to) the BIOS is supplied to the motherboard manufacturers as a binary and is called AGESA.

So what you see displayed as "The BIOS" is in effect just a configuration menu for the AGESA. The problem about editing the AGESA portion found under "Settings" under the headings "AMD CBS" and "AMD Overclocking" directly is that with some of the options, if you enter a wrong value, then your system will not boot. What is worse however is that some of the settings cannot be removed with a "Clear CMOS" and your mobo is effectively bricked.

So now to configuring your BIOS:

1) Go into Easy Mode (F2) and click on "Load Optimized Defaults (F7)

a) Switch to Advanced Mode (F2)

2) Under the heading "Tweaker" do the following:

a) Go down to the bottom of the page and open "CPU/VRM Settings"

i) Set "CPU Vcore Loadline Calibration to "Turbo" (third highest value)
ii) Set "SOC Loadline Calibration" to "High" (third highest value)
iii) Set "PWM Phase Control" to "eXm Perf" (eXtreme Performance)

3) Under the heading "Setting"

a) Go to "AMD CBS"

i) Go to "XFR Enhancement"
ii) Set the FCLK Freqency to the desired value (in the case of 3600 RAM that would be 1800 MHz)
iii) Set the "UCLK DIV1 MODE" to "UCLK ==MEMCLK"

b) Go to "AMD Overclocking" under "Settings"

i) Click on "Accept"
ii) Go to "DDR and Infinity Fabric Frequency/Timings"
iii) Go to "Infinity Fabric Frequency and Dividers"
iv) Set "Infinity Fabric Frequency and Dividers" to the desired value (in the case of 3600 RAM that would be 1800 MHz).

4) Under the heading "Boot" do the following

a) Set "Full Screen LOGO Show" to "Disabled"

Of course setting the boot drive etc. should be obvious and I don't think I need to explain that.

Do NOT set anything else, like "Extreme Memory Profie(X.M.P)" for instance.

There that's you done with the BIOS part of the configuration

Boot into Windows and install "Ryzen Master".

When Ryzen Master has loaded, click on "Creator Mode" on the left hand side.

1) Make sure "Control Mode" is expanded and under that heading click on "Manual"

2) Make sure that the section "Cores Section" is expanded

a) Expand "CCD0" and "CCD1"

b) Click on the red circle on the right hand side so that it changes to what looks like a Green "X"

i) Click in the first field beside "C 01" and change the clockspeed. You should have absolutely no problems setting it to "4250". When you have done the rest of the configuration then test it and increase it (in my case it is set to 4300 and I have no problems). When you set one field, because the Green X is activated, all the other values will change to what you set.

3) Make sure "Voltage Control" is expanded

a) Set "Peak Core(s) Voltage to 1.3 Volts

4) Make sure Memory Control is expanded and that it is "Included"

a) "Coupled Mode" should be "On"

b) Set your memory clock speed (in the case of 3600 RAM it would be 1800) remember this is the data rate. Infinty Fabric runs at the data rate and RAM runs at double data rate.

5) Make sure "Voltage Contols" is expanded

Unless otherwise stated, leave the values on "Auto"

a) MEM VDDIO should be set to 1.35

b) MEM VTT should be set to 0.675

c) VDDCR SOC should be set to 1.05

6) Make sure "DRAM Timing Configuration" is expanded

Now I have found that unless these values are set then every time you change something (like the voltage or the clockspeed) the system will want to reboot. If these are set then the values are just changed and you can continue

a) Change "CAS Latency" from "Auto" and you should see the correct value for your RAM

b) Change "Row Precharge Delay" from "Auto" and you should see the correct value for your RAM

c) Change "Read Row-Column Delay" from "Auto" and you should see the correct value for your RAM

d) Change "Write Row-Column Delay" from "Auto" and you should see the correct value for your RAM

e) Change "Row Cycle Time" from "Auto" and you should see the correct value for your RAM

Leave everything else on "Auto" and you can configure those sub-timings at your leisure.

7) Make sure that "DRAM Controller Configuration" is expanded

a) Change "Cmd2T" from "2T" to "1T". If you have good quality RAM then it should run at 1T. If not then change this back to 2T.

Now at the bottom click on "Save Profile" and then click on "Apply & Test" and the system will reboot.

As you will see, the CPU is limited to a maximum of 1.3 Volts and essentially you are just seeing how much clockspeed you can squeeze out of those 1.3 Volts. When the system is not under load then of course the operational voltage will decrease.

Now comes the best part about the 3950X.

If you are mainly gaming, then click on a different profile "Profile 1" for instance and do exactly the same as above EXCEPT:

1) Under the heading "Additional Control" turn "Simultaneous Multithreading" to "OFF". This will run your CPU as a straight 16 Core/16 Thread CPU.

2) Under "Cores Section" make sure the red circle is a green "X" and add 100 MHz to whatever was stable running 16 Cores /32 Threads with SMT ("Simultaneous Multithreading") ON

The one problem with the GigaByte BIOS is that this is not changed and you have to go into the BIOS and

1) In the Advanced Mode go to "Tweaker"

a) Under "Advanced CPU Settings"

i) Go down to "SMT Mode"
ii) Change from "Auto" to "Disabled"

Save and exit.

If you want to go back to using 16 Cores/32 Threads just choose the "Creator Profile" and then change this value back to "Auto" again.

That's it.

I know it looks like a lot, but it really isn't.

IMPORTANT!!

Every time you reboot the system you have to load Ryzen Master and apply the profile you want. Unfortunately there is no way as yet to automatically load a default profile, but I hope that option will be forthcoming in the future.

If you are applying the same Profile you had before you shut down then the system will not need a reboot.

After you have applied the profile you can close Ryzen Master.

Have fun.

System Name Red Radiance l under construction
Processor 5800x
Motherboard x470 taichi
Cooling stock wrath
Memory TridentZ Neo rgb 3600mhz (2x8 kit)
Video Card(s) Sapphire Vega 64 nitro+
Storage 970 evo nvme
Display(s) lc27g75tq
Case tt core x5 tge
Audio Device(s) sennheiser's pc323d usb soundcard
Power Supply corsair AX860i
Mouse roccat burst pro
Keyboard roccat ryos mk fx
Software windows 10
use @ infront of buildzoid

System Name PC on since Aug 2019, 1st CPU R5 3600 + ASUS ROG RX580 8GB >> MSI Gaming X RX5700XT (Jan 2020)
Processor Ryzen 9 5900X (July 2022), 150W PPT limit, 79C temp limit, CO -9~14
Motherboard Gigabyte X570 Aorus Pro (Rev1.0), BIOS F37h, AGESA V2 1.2.0.B
Cooling Arctic Liquid Freezer II 420mm Rev7 with off center mount for Ryzen, TIM: Kryonaut
Memory 2x16GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo GTZN (July 2022) 3600MHz 1.42V CL16-16-16-16-32-48 1T, tRFC:288, B-die
Video Card(s) Sapphire Nitro+ RX 7900XTX (Dec 2023) 314~465W (366W current) PowerLimit, 1060mV, Adrenalin v24.2.1
Storage Samsung NVMe: 980Pro 1TB(OS 2022), 970Pro 512GB(2019) / SATA-III: 850Pro 1TB(2015) 860Evo 1TB(2020)
Display(s) Dell Alienware AW3423DW 34" QD-OLED curved (1800R), 3440x1440 144Hz (max 175Hz) HDR1000
Case None... naked on desk
Audio Device(s) Astro A50 headset
Power Supply Corsair HX750i, 80+ Platinum, 93% (250~700W), modular, single/dual rail (switch)
Mouse Logitech MX Master (Gen1)
Keyboard Logitech G15 (Gen2) w/ LCDSirReal applet
Software Windows 11 Home 64bit (v23H2, OSB 22631.3155)
In the course of his experimentation he has managed to degrade his Ryzen 7 3700X and I fear that with the way he is configuring his Ryzen 9 3950X he will be doing the same thing there as well.

In the video he has put up some benchmarks where, by configuring PBO in the BIOS he managed to get the results up by some amount, the problem is though, that he is doing so at higher voltages than I consider to be prudent and also at higher temps than I experience with my 3950X.
In the course of experimentation @buildzoid followed a static OC/voltage for the R7 3700X and that is what allegedly degraded the chip. That is totally different from PBO settings he tested and suggested on his videos. If you did read his own commends on the degrade discussion you would know that. And also he mention a few things in some of his videos.
Please be carefull when anyone is talking for another's course of actions. Do not make assumptions and/or making commends when missing information.

BuildZoid_degradation_c.png

In the course of experimentation @buildzoid followed a static OC/voltage for the R7 3700X and that is what allegedly degraded the chip. That is totally different from PBO settings he tested and suggested on his videos. If you did read his own commends on the degrade discussion you would know that. And also he mention a few things in some of his videos.
Please be carefull when anyone is talking for another's course of actions. Do not make assumptions and/or making commends when missing information.

View attachment 147920

If you listen to his various video narrations, he has said that he has degraded his 3700X in his diverse tests with the CPU and not just with static voltage - I am not just talking about the three videos I referenced, but other videos he has made on the topic of Ryzen 3000 and his tests with the chip.

He also discussed the stupid amount of voltage that is punted into the CPU when single core loads are run which can go anywhere up to the region of 1.5 Volts.

I am going by what he has said in his various videos, NOT by what he might have replied to random comments.

If you look closely at my guide then you will notice that I am NOT working with a static voltage, I am merely limiting the maximum voltage which can be applied.

System Name RyzenGtEvo/ Asus strix scar II
Processor Amd R5 5900X/ Intel 8750H
Motherboard Crosshair hero8 impact/Asus
Cooling 360EK extreme rad+ 360$EK slim all push, cpu ek suprim Gpu full cover all EK
Memory Corsair Vengeance Rgb pro 3600cas14 16Gb in four sticks./16Gb/16GB
Video Card(s) Powercolour RX7900XT Reference/Rtx 2060
Storage Silicon power 2TB nvme/8Tb external/1Tb samsung Evo nvme 2Tb sata ssd/1Tb nvme
Display(s) Samsung UAE28"850R 4k freesync.dell shiter
Case Lianli 011 dynamic/strix scar2
Audio Device(s) Xfi creative 7.1 on board ,Yamaha dts av setup, corsair void pro headset
Power Supply corsair 1200Hxi/Asus stock
Mouse Roccat Kova/ Logitech G wireless
Keyboard Roccat Aimo 120
VR HMD Oculus rift
Software Win 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores 8726 vega 3dmark timespy/ laptop Timespy 6506
If you listen to his various video narrations, he has said that he has degraded his 3700X in his diverse tests with the CPU and not just with static voltage - I am not just talking about the three videos I referenced, but other videos he has made on the topic of Ryzen 3000 and his tests with the chip.

He also discussed the stupid amount of voltage that is punted into the CPU when single core loads are run which can go anywhere up to the region of 1.5 Volts.

I am going by what he has said in his various videos, NOT by what he might have replied to random comments.

If you look closely at my guide then you will notice that I am NOT working with a static voltage, I am merely limiting the maximum voltage which can be applied.
At no point have you in any of your arguments acknowledged that by overclocking via software you add instability.

That instability could cause random crashes.

Those random crashes destroy OS over time.

Been there.

Done that.

Software clocking is a play tool imho nothing more.

Processor AMD 5900x
Motherboard Asus x570 Strix-E
Cooling Hardware Labs
Memory G.Skill 4000c17 2x16gb
Video Card(s) RTX 3090
Storage Sabrent
Display(s) Samsung G9
Case Phanteks 719
Audio Device(s) Fiio K5 Pro
Power Supply EVGA 1000 P2
Mouse Logitech G600
Keyboard Corsair K95
IMPORTANT!!

Every time you reboot the system you have to load Ryzen Master and apply the profile you want. Unfortunately there is no way as yet to automatically load a default profile, but I hope that option will be forthcoming in the future.

Yea, no thanks. Ryzen setup doesn't take a massive wall of text and manually loading RM every time!

He has no clue what's going on. This has been explained by Hallock, crap I dunno how many times now and ppl still cannot get it thru their heads. The high voltage at idle isn't real once you understand the two voltage loads! High voltage with little to low loads are harmless, and that's how its freaking designed.

TheLostSwede

News Editor
System Name Overlord Mk MLI
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 SE with offsets
Memory 32GB Team T-Create Expert DDR5 6000 MHz @ CL30-34-34-68
Video Card(s) Gainward GeForce RTX 4080 Phantom GS
Storage 1TB Solidigm P44 Pro, 2 TB Corsair MP600 Pro, 2TB Kingston KC3000
Display(s) Acer XV272K LVbmiipruzx 4K@160Hz
Case Fractal Design Torrent Compact
Audio Device(s) Corsair Virtuoso SE
Power Supply be quiet! Pure Power 12 M 850 W
Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Keyboard Corsair K70 Max
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores https://valid.x86.fr/5za05v
He has no clue what's going on. This has been explained by Hallock, crap I dunno how many times now and ppl still cannot get it thru their heads. The high voltage at idle isn't real once you understand the two voltage loads! High voltage with little to low loads are harmless, and that's how its freaking designed.
The high Voltage is real, but there's no current, so it doesn't do any damage. It's high current that fries things in general, unless we're talking static electricity of an insane magnitude of higher Voltage compared to this.

Processor AMD 5900x
Cooling Hardware Labs
Video Card(s) RTX 3090
Storage Sabrent
Display(s) Samsung G9
Case Phanteks 719
Mouse Logitech G600
Keyboard Corsair K95
The cpu itself you just slap it in and let it do its thing. Imo, the BIGGEST or only crucial aspect to setting up a Ryzen cpu is configuring the monitoring correctly.

Does it clock up to 4.25GHz with such a set 1.3V threshold?
My 3600X had a definite limit of 4.25 GHz running 6 Cores/12 Threads at 1.3 Volts (well actually 1.29375 Volts) as a maximum.

If I wanted put just 25 MHz more on per core I had to go up to 1.35 Volts.

My 3950X has a definite limit of 4.3 GHz at 1.3 Volts and the 3900X my friend from the US sent me as a loan had a limit of 4.325 GHz at 1.3 Volts.

When I turn SMT Off and run the 3950X as a straight 16 Core/16 Thread CPU I can clock it to 4.4 GHz at 1.3 Volts but funnily enough the 3900X would not clock over 4.375 GHz with SMT Off running as a 12 Core/12 Thread CPU.

When I ran the 3950X with just one CCD, that is as a virtual 3800X, running it at 8 Cores/16 Threads it ran CineBench on a 20,000 second loop at 4.425 GHz as you can see from the attached picture.

This was on the second 20,000 second run (which lasts 5.55 hours) because of a discussion I was having with someone with regard to running for a longer period under load.

I had forgotten however to take a screenshot, so I kicked it of again and left it running for over three hours just to make sure that the system had reached homeostasis again - so in total the test had been running for almost nine hours by the time I took the screenshot.

Attachments

• Cinebench over 3 hours.PNG
    Cinebench over 3 hours.PNG
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,254
Processor 13700KF Undervolted @ 5.6/ 5.5, 4.8Ghz Ring 200W PL1
Motherboard MSI 690-I PRO
Cooling Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 w/ Arctic P12 Fans
Memory 48 GB DDR5 7600 MHZ CL36
Video Card(s) RTX 4090 FE
Storage 2x 2TB WDC SN850, 1TB Samsung 960 prr
Display(s) Alienware 32" 4k 240hz OLED
Case SLIGER S620
Audio Device(s) Yes
Power Supply Corsair SF750
Mouse Xlite V2
Keyboard RoyalAxe
Software Windows 11
Benchmark Scores They're pretty good, nothing crazy.
i overclocked my 3600 so that it would boost at 4.2 with 1.29 v instead of the 1.41 and thermal throttle 4.15 - the clocks and voltages still bump down to idle, but I definitely used the static overclock option.

Im not sure how that 4.2 @ 1.29 which is much cooler is more stressful on the cpu than it slamming cores with 1.41v every time there is load.

The high Voltage is real, but there's no current, so it doesn't do any damage. It's high current that fries things in general, unless we're talking static electricity of an insane magnitude of higher Voltage compared to this.
To my mind, the stupidly high voltage punted into the Ryzen 3000 series comes from the demands of moronic Marketdroids at AMD for a "Competitive Clockspeed" that they could bung on their advertising garbage.

This myth of "high voltage but low current cannot hurt the CPU" is bogus, because too high a voltage causes Oxide Breakdown in the CPU and too high a current causes Electromigration in the CPU.

AMD doesn't give two shits whether or not the CPU outlasts the warranty by even a day, as long as it is no longer covered by the warranty when it croaks then they are happy.

I want my CPU to have performance but also to last at least five years.

Processor AMD 5900x
Cooling Hardware Labs
Video Card(s) RTX 3090
Storage Sabrent
Display(s) Samsung G9
Case Phanteks 719
Mouse Logitech G600
Keyboard Corsair K95
To my mind, the stupidly high voltage punted into the Ryzen 3000 series comes from the demands of moronic Marketdroids at AMD for a "Competitive Clockspeed" that they could bung on their advertising garbage.

This myth of "high voltage but low current cannot hurt the CPU" is bogus, because too high a voltage causes Oxide Breakdown in the CPU and too high a current causes Electromigration in the CPU.

AMD doesn't give two shits whether or not the CPU outlasts the warranty by even a day, as long as it is no longer covered by the warranty when it croaks then they are happy.

I want my CPU to have performance but also to last at least five years.

Seriously? You're going to take this tact?? :shadedshu:

i overclocked my 3600 so that it would boost at 4.2 with 1.29 v instead of the 1.41 and thermal throttle 4.15 - the clocks and voltages still bump down to idle, but I definitely used the static overclock option.

Im not sure how that 4.2 @ 1.29 which is much cooler is more stressful on the cpu than it slamming cores with 1.41v every time there is load.
The Silicon Lottery is a thing.

Have you tried increasing the LoadLine Calibration on your motherboard?

It might be that the reason why it isn't clocking that little bit higher is because of the voltage droop under load.

I have set the LLC for my motherboard at the third highest setting for both the Vcore LLC and SOC LLC.

Seriously? You're going to take this tact?? :shadedshu:
Yes, because whenever I have seen anyone from AMD asked about this they have been very vague in the details.

But I suppose that static electricity which has a high voltage but no current couldn't possibly hurt a CPU.

Is that your contention?

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Processor AMD FX 8350@ 5.0GHz
Motherboard Asus TUF 990FX Sabertooth R2 2901 Bios
Cooling Scythe Ashura, 2×BitFenix 230mm Spectre Pro LED (Blue,Green), 2x BitFenix 140mm Spectre Pro LED
Memory 16 GB Gskill Ripjaws X 2133 (2400 OC, 10-10-12-20-20, 1T, 1.65V)
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon 290 Sapphire Vapor-X
Storage Samsung 840 Pro 256GB, WD Velociraptor 1TB
Display(s) NEC Multisync LCD 1700V (Display Port Adapter)
Case AeroCool Xpredator Evil Blue Edition
Audio Device(s) Creative Labs Sound Blaster ZxR
Power Supply Seasonic 1250 XM2 Series (XP3)
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
Keyboard Roccat Ryos MK Pro
Software Windows 7 Pro 64
Ask board makers

Processor AMD 5900x
Cooling Hardware Labs
Video Card(s) RTX 3090
Storage Sabrent
Display(s) Samsung G9
Case Phanteks 719
Mouse Logitech G600
Keyboard Corsair K95
Yes, because whenever I have seen anyone from AMD asked about this they have been very vague in the details.

But I suppose that static electricity which has a high voltage but no current couldn't possibly hurt a CPU.

Is that your contention?

Contention huh? You're doing shit wrong and getting bad advice and then you have the audacity to blame AMD. And ignore what they've (Hallock in this instance) has explained multiple times... I'm going to let you keep digging your own hole.

Contention huh? You're doing shit wrong and getting bad advice and then you have the audacity to blame AMD. And ignore what they've (Hallock in this instance) has explained multiple times... I'm going to let you keep digging your own hole.
Remember this little nugget from the AMD Marketdroid Robert Hallock?:

It was pure unmitigated bullshit.

AMD has sidelined this guy recently because from the garbage that was coming out of his mouth AMD realised that he was a lawsuit waiting to happen.

But at the end of the day, you do what you want.

I am only showing you, and others, how to maximise the performance of a Ryzen 3000 series CPU within safe limits.

It's up to you if you want to blindly believe the Marketdroids at AMD and find yourself SOL when the performance of your CPU has gone into the toilet and the warranty has run out.

Last edited:
It's up to you if you want to blindly believe the Marketdroids at AMD
He is not even a marketer in a sense. They told of an announcement for a community specialist and he got picked from Red Plus candidates. That is how he holds his position in company presentation.

Cooling 360EK extreme rad+ 360$EK slim all push, cpu ek suprim Gpu full cover all EK
Storage Silicon power 2TB nvme/8Tb external/1Tb samsung Evo nvme 2Tb sata ssd/1Tb nvme
Audio Device(s) Xfi creative 7.1 on board ,Yamaha dts av setup, corsair void pro headset
Keyboard Roccat Aimo 120
VR HMD Oculus rift
Software Win 10 Pro
Remember this little nugget from the AMD Marketdroid Robert Hallock?:

It was pure unmitigated bullshit.

AMD has sidelined this guy recently because from the garbage that was coming out of his mouth AMD realised that he was a lawsuit waiting to happen.

But at the end of the day, you do what you want.

I am only showing you, and others, how to maximise the performance of a Ryzen 3000 series CPU within safe limits.

It's up to you if you want to blindly believe the Marketdroids at AMD and find yourself SOL when the performance of your CPU has gone into the toilet and the warranty has run out.
So we should blindly follow you, over the hundreds of engineers and scientists, interesting.

What are you offering besides one perspective as proof you know better, not much as far as I can see.

Certainly not more than the qualified people who designed and built it IMHO.

You dodge valid questions, then bemoan AMD for being vague, hypocrisy.

And 5.5hrs of cinebench doesn't guarantee 24/7 stability and certainly is not equal in stability terms to the many months of continued perfect stability I can show from using buildzoid method to run a crunching load all of every day while also using the pc for weva at the same time.

No crashes here, if there was a software crash it wouldn't matter, no software is running the clocks on my pc.

If software is controlling clocks and a non connected piece of software crashes The system what happens to the control of your hardware.
that's not a question, I already know.

Last edited:
Keyboard Roccat Aimo 120
VR HMD Oculus rift
Software Win 10 Pro
He didn't build it. He got polled according to a public reddit display.
Am I talking about him( whoever him is to you) or as you quoted "who designed and built it".

In that case I was on about AMD.

Processor AMD 5900x
Cooling Hardware Labs
Video Card(s) RTX 3090
Storage Sabrent
Display(s) Samsung G9
Case Phanteks 719
Mouse Logitech G600
Keyboard Corsair K95
He didn't build it. He got polled according to a public reddit display.

Yer talking about how Hallock was picked for the rep position and he's talking about the engineers who designed the cpu to behave the way it behaves.

I have no disclaimers to spare AMD, but still fellow members put up a challenge when I have to quote him. That is a problem. No one believes it when it is in his written statement that precision boost overdrive is for threadripper, alone.

Yer talking about how Hallock was picked for the rep position and he's talking about the engineers who designed the cpu to behave the way it behaves.
Yes, but when all is said and done, his reputation doesn't have a following.

Status
Not open for further replies.