• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Delete

Status
Not open for further replies.
System Name Project Evolv mATX V2
Processor 5800X3D
Motherboard ASRock B550M Steel Legend
Cooling AK400 Zero Dark Plus
Memory 32gb (4x8) G.SKILL 3200 C14 / 1T running at 3400
Video Card(s) Sapphire 6800XT Nitro
Storage Samsung 980 pro NVMe 2TB
Display(s) Dual Samsung 27" G50A's
Case Phanteks Enthoo Evolv mATX in Silver
Audio Device(s) To many to list - generally a modified E-MU 0404 combined with a Project Ember for my desktop use
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Titanium 750W
Software Win 11
Delete

Last edited:

cadaveca

My name is Dave
Unfortunately, you're just wasting your time and G.Skill's time, and a lawyer's time, but good luck. All G.Skill RGB sticks have a QVL list, and if your motherboard is not one of those on the QVL, you're not going to get far. It's a simple matter of going back though your posts complaining about these problems on a non-QVL AMD motherboard, when no AMD boards were supported.

That said, I use my G.Skill RGB ram on a QVL-listed motherboard without any issues, even when using the software.

But I'll track this and see how it pans out, just because I find it interesting. I'm not a lawyer, so I can't really comment on the issue specifically, just wanted to give my 2 cents worth. There might be some sort of weird legal precedent that helps you, but there is not in my global region.

Also worth noting is that G.Skill never claimed the software would be out of BETA at any date, so having any expectation as to the software NOT being BETA is purely a personal opinion. It is up to a consumer to educate themselves on how a product should and could be used, and what is not recommended, IMHO. That's why we do reviews, to help you guys educate yourselves on the products we cover.

You might just end up paying G.Skill's legal bills should this fail.

Last edited:
System Name Project Evolv mATX V2
Processor 5800X3D
Motherboard ASRock B550M Steel Legend
Cooling AK400 Zero Dark Plus
Memory 32gb (4x8) G.SKILL 3200 C14 / 1T running at 3400
Video Card(s) Sapphire 6800XT Nitro
Storage Samsung 980 pro NVMe 2TB
Display(s) Dual Samsung 27" G50A's
Case Phanteks Enthoo Evolv mATX in Silver
Audio Device(s) To many to list - generally a modified E-MU 0404 combined with a Project Ember for my desktop use
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Titanium 750W
Software Win 11
Unfortunately, you're just wasting your time and G.Skill's time, and a lawyer's time, but good luck. All G.Skill RGB sticks have a QVL list, and if your motherboard is not one of those on the QVL, you're not going to get far. It's a simple matter of going back though your posts complaining about these problems on a non-QVL AMD motherboard, when no AMD boards were supported.

That said, I use my G.Skill RGB ram on a QVL-listed motherboard without any issues, even when using the software.

But I'll track this and see how it pans out, just because I find it interesting. I'm not a lawyer, so I can't really comment on the issue specifically, just wanted to give my 2 cents worth. There might be some sort of weird legal precedent that helps you, but there is not in my global region.

Also worth noting is that G.Skill never claimed the software would be out of BETA at any date, so having any expectation as to the software NOT being BETA is purely a personal opinion. It is up to a consumer to educate themselves on how a product should and could be used, and what is not recommended, IMHO. That's why we do reviews, to help you guys educate yourselves on the products we cover.

You might just end up paying G.Skill's legal bills should this fail.
Legally, you do not sell a production product with "beta software" with a hope it will function. I see your QVL point and deleted the topic. The lawfirm has been given all the info. It is not my lawsuit - it is theirs to chase down. And there is a laundry list of mobos including QVL approved boards that have had corruption / spd issues. Their RGB software is a JOKE. Dig into it and you will see for yourself - browse their forum.

cadaveca

My name is Dave
Legally, you do not sell a production product with "beta software" with a hope it will function. I see your QVL point and deleted the topic. The lawfirm has been given all the info. It is not my lawsuit - it is theirs to chase down. And there is a laundry list of mobos including QVL approved boards that have had corruption / spd issues. Their RGB software is a JOKE. Dig into it and you will see for yourself - browse their forum.
I have seen your posts on the G.SKill forum.. I frequent it daily. I have yet to see any user stuck with issues on a QVL board; most that are having issues are not using the product as it is recommended it is used. :p And yes, I do use a kit, a 3600 MHz quad-channel one (on MSI X299 SLI PLUS).

System Name Brightworks Systems BWS-6 E-IV
Processor Intel Core i5-6600 @ 3.9GHz
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 Rev 1.0
Cooling Quality case, 2 x Fractal Design 140mm fans, stock CPU HSF
Memory 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4 3000 Corsair Vengeance
Video Card(s) EVGA GEForce GTX 1050Ti 4Gb GDDR5
Storage Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, Samsung 860 Evo 500GB SSD
Display(s) Samsung S24E650BW LED x 2
Case Fractal Design Define R4
Power Supply EVGA Supernova 550W G2 Gold
Mouse Logitech M190
Keyboard Microsoft Wireless Comfort 5050
Software W10 Pro 64-bit
Curious? Was the subject RAM listed on the motherboard's QVL?

the54thvoid

Intoxicated Moderator
Staff member
Processor Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard MSI MAG Mortar B650 (wifi)
Cooling be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4
Memory 32GB Kingston Fury
Video Card(s) Gainward RTX4070ti
Storage Seagate FireCuda 530 M.2 1TB / Samsumg 960 Pro M.2 512Gb
Display(s) LG 32" 165Hz 1440p GSYNC
Case Asus Prime AP201
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply be quiet! Pure POwer M12 850w Gold (ATX3.0)
Software W10
Curious? Was the subject RAM listed on the motherboard's QVL?

I think the RGB software corrupting the memory timings on GSkill Ram modules.

HammerON

The Watchful Moderator
Staff member
System Name Threadripper
Processor 3960X
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix TRX40-XE
Cooling XSPC Raystorm Neo (sTR4) Water Block
Memory G. Skill Trident Z Neo 64 GB 3600
Video Card(s) PNY RTX 4090
Storage Samsung 960 Pro 512 GB + WD Black SN850 1TB
Display(s) Dell 32" Curved Gaming Monitor (S3220DGF)
Case Corsair 5000D Airflow
Audio Device(s) On-board
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G5
Mouse Roccat Kone Pure
Keyboard Corsair K70
Software Win 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores Always changing~
Looks like the OP edited/deleted their original post. Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.