• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Dell G5 5500 i7-10750H RTX2070Max-Q Undervolt HELP

cossack42

Hi guys,

I have a new laptop and i want to undervolt it because it is only screaming and it tear down my ears while i only type like this message.

I already contacted Dell Premium Support and replaced the heatsink, cooling fans and the Thermal paste: Grizzly Kryonaut conductonaut.

Now i tried to undervolt my CPU but nothing works :(

Can someone help me out of this trouble?

Kind regards,

Sefa

Attachments

• Undervolt 1.png
    Undervolt 1.png
    125.1 KB · Views: 64

unclewebb

ThrottleStop & RealTemp Author
i tried to undervolt my CPU but nothing works
The top middle of the FIVR window shows, FIVR Control - Locked. That means that either the BIOS or a Windows Update has locked out CPU voltage control. This also locks out turbo ratio adjustments.

You can try installing a previous BIOS version. Some manufacturers have started to re-enable CPU voltage control but I think most Dell laptops are leaving this feature locked. Do some Google searching for your specific laptop model so you can try and find out what other users are doing. The 10750H runs HOT when using its default voltage.

There is another trick where you might be able to edit the UEFI variables to unlock voltage control.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Dell/comments/fzv599