• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Dell Introduces New Line of Tablets and Updated XPS Laptops

Dell today took a bold step in unveiling a new family of tablets and new laptops, including a 2-in-1 Ultrabook. The Dell Venue line of tablets is comprised of four new ultrathin models designed to address the changing way people live and work today. Dell's "damned sexy" tablets, as described by leading Enderle Group analyst, Rob Enderle, deliver leading performance and quality, backed by Intel processing technology. With compact designs that make it easy to stay connected on the go, the Dell Venue tablets have an exquisite fit and finish.

In addition to the versatile new Dell Venue tablets, Dell is introducing new XPS laptops, each with breakthrough displays for a phenomenal viewing experience with vibrant, crisp images in any available screen size. The new XPS 11, the thinnest, most compact 2-in-1 in the world, also features the first Quad HD (2560 x 1440) display on an 11.6-inch 2-in-1. The XPS 15 multimedia powerhouse boasts a stunningly thin design, and offers as an option the first 15.6-inch Quad HD+ (3200 x 1800) display in the world, which is the highest resolution available on a laptop of that size. Dell is also refreshing its award-winning XPS 13 Ultrabook with faster processors, touch Full HD (1920 x 1080) display and improved battery life. With these three laptops, Dell is leading the industry with the highest resolution displays possible.

Dell Venue Tablets: Connect, Share and Access Content with Ease
Dell Venue tablets are designed to give people on-the-go a wide-selection of sizes and options to meet their varying needs. From 8 and 11-inch Windows-based tablets complete with keyboard and stylus options, to the 7 and 8-inch Android tablets, Dell has created a dedicated brand of tablets to meet the needs of customers who are the epitome of the evolving workforce.
  • The Dell Venue 8 Pro and Dell Venue 11 Pro Windows 8.1-based tablets combine the level of performance, design and responsiveness end-users love while giving IT departments what they need - the ability to integrate into an existing corporate environment with full compatibility with current Windows applications and Microsoft Office integration. Both tablets feature optional advanced security features and services such as TPM and Dell Enterprise Services.
  • The lightweight Dell Venue 8 Pro runs Windows 8.1, has a bright HD IPS display, advanced connectivity options and provides long battery life so range anxiety is no longer an issue. People can also stay productive with Office 2013 Home & Student, included with the device, and the optional Dell Active Stylus.
  • The Dell Venue 11 Pro, also based on Windows 8.1, provides ultimate 2-in-1 flexibility with the power of an Ultrabook, convenience of a detachable keyboard and experience of a desktop. Unlike competitive tablets, it has a user removable/replaceable battery, and its large, Full HD display with wide viewing angles makes it easy to read and create content while staying mobile. It is also available with a variety of keyboard and stylus options:
    Dell Active Stylus makes it easy to annotate, draw or take notes.
    Dell Slim Keyboard, designed for travel, also serves as a cover for the screen when folded up.
    Dell Mobile Keyboard with integrated battery provides all day productivity with a full-sized keyboard while extending the battery life.
    Dell Tablet Desktop Dock delivers full productivity on a desk with USB 3.0 ports, and dual display out ports for display extension.
  • The Dell Venue 7 and Dell Venue 8 Android-based tablets are affordable, feature-rich tablets for people who want to be constantly connected wherever they are. Both tablets have an upscale fit and finish, and are designed with longevity in mind with the right components so that customers will be just as delighted with their tablet one year from now, as they are on the day they take it out of the box.

All Dell Venue tablets are based on Intel processing power for speed, responsiveness, and battery efficiency. The Dell Venue 7 and Dell Venue 8 feature Intel Atom Z2760 ("Clover Trail") processors, while the Dell Venue 8 Pro and Dell Venue 11 Pro feature the new Intel Atom quad-core processors, code named "Bay Trail." The Venue 11 Pro offers up to 4th Generation Intel Core i3 and i5 processor options and Intel vPro for manageability.

Dell XPS Laptops and 2-in-1: The Ultimate Experience with Gorgeous Displays
Dell's award-winning XPS laptop line just got even better with the new XPS 15 powerhouse laptop, the introduction of the XPS 11 2-in-1, and an update to the flagship XPS 13 Ultrabook. In keeping with the XPS tradition of offering the best computing experience in any product category, the XPS laptops and 2-in-1 feature machined aluminum, carbon fiber, vibrant displays, and Corning Gorilla Glass NBT for performance, durability and the ultimate experience.
  • Starting at 2.5lbs and just 11-15 mm thin, the XPS 11 is the world's thinnest, lightest and most compact 2-in-1 Ultrabook available today, offering a tablet-first design with laptop functionality. It easily transitions from tablet to laptop with a 360 degree rotating hinge design, and an innovative solid surface backlit touch keyboard that provides a superb experience from lap to bag. With a Quad HD (2560 x 1440) display, the highest resolution display in an 11.6-inch 2-in-1 today, the XPS 11 has a bright, crisp viewing experience. The display also features True Color viewing powered by eeColor, which enables customers to enjoy true, rich consistent color in nearly any lighting environment.
  • The XPS 15 continues to be a multimedia powerhouse delivering the highest resolution in its class, and incredible power in an ultra-thin, light wedge design, starting at 4.44lbsi. The XPS 15 is the first 15.6-inch laptop in the world to feature a Quad HD+ display, and also available with a touch option, boasts over 5.7 million pixels - five times the amount of standard HD - for jaw-dropping resolution. Designed for creative enthusiasts, the XPS 15 packs 4th Generation Intel Core i5 and i7 quad core processor options and NVIDIA discrete graphics options. Every XPS 15 boots and resumes within seconds with hard drive configuration options from 500 GB to 1TB, both with a 32 GB mSATA SSD, to a 512 GB solid state drive, all including Intel Rapid Start Technology.
  • The award-winning XPS 13, with its 13.3-inch, edge-to-edge display that innovatively fits into a footprint similar to an 11-inch laptop, is razor thin and light, starting at under 3lbs. It is now even faster with 4th generation Intel Core processors, Intel HD 4400 graphics, and has longer battery life for the mobile professional who values a sleek design, responsiveness and ultimate mobility. Its Full HD display provides a brilliant viewing experience and is now even more versatile with a touch option.

"Dell appears to have its innovative mojo back," said Tim Bajarin, President of Creative Strategies. "These new products clearly emphasize Dell's commitment to create innovative mobile solutions for businesses and consumers and I believe represent some of the best products they have made in many years."

Personal and Professional Content Anytime, Anywhere
The Dell PocketCloud application is pre-installed on all XPS and Venue products, helping users build their own "personal cloud" and remotely manage personal and professional content. By combining PocketCloud with the portability of the new Venue tablets and XPS laptops, mobile workers will be able to enjoy an easy and connected experience with access to all of their apps and content from virtually anywhere.

Get the Most Out of Your Technology with Dell Services
Dell customers can get the most out of their technology with Dell Services, dedicated to keeping them connected and productive, whether they're using their Dell Venue tablet or XPS purchase for work or home. In addition to the Dell Limited Hardware Warranty, consumers can elect to include additional protection such as Accidental Damage Service, Premium Phone Support and Rapid Return for Repair after Remote Diagnosis, which means that their system will be repaired and returned to them within 3-5 business days after remote diagnosis. Likewise, business customers can be rest assured that their devices will fit seamlessly and securely into their corporate IT environment with Dell Enterprise Services like ProSupport on the Dell Venue 8 Pro and Venue 11 Pro tablets.

Availability and Pricing
The Dell Venue 7, Venue 8, Venue 8 Pro, and new XPS 15 will be available from October 18 on www.dell.com in the United States and select countries around the world. The Venue 11 Pro, XPS 11 and the updated XPS 13 with touch will be available in November. Starting prices are as follows:
  • Venue 7: $149.99
  • Venue 8: $179.99
  • Venue 8 Pro: $299.99
  • Venue 11 Pro: $499.99
  • New XPS 15: $1,499.99
  • XPS 11: $999.99
  • New XPS 13: $999.99

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

System Name Skunkworks
Processor 5800x3d
Motherboard x570 unify
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A
Memory 32GB 3600 mhz
Video Card(s) asrock 6800xt challenger D
Storage Sabarent rocket 4.0 2TB, MX 500 2TB
Display(s) Asus 1440p144 27"
Case Old arse cooler master 932
Power Supply Corsair 1200w platinum
Mouse *squeak*
Keyboard Some old office thing
Software openSUSE tumbleweed/Mint 21.2
so, the best part of this i saw was the venue 11 pro. its pretty much a surface pro 2, but with a replaceable battery and a MUCH lower price point of $500 vs $1000 (for surface pro and type cover.)
very excited. ive wanted to replace my nexus 7 with a full windows 8 tablet, but couldnt justify the price of the surface pro. this seems much more reasonable!

Ghiltanas

System Name Ghiltanas
Processor intel q6600 g0 @3,2 Ghz
Motherboard Asus p5b
Cooling noctua nh-u12p (cpu) accelero twin turbo (vga)
Memory 4x1 gb team group elite pc6400
Video Card(s) Sapphire HD6850 1GB
Storage Crucial M4 128gb + wd caviar black 640gb
Display(s) asus vw246h + samsung 206bw
Case CM690II advanced
Power Supply xion 500w
Software Linux Mint 14 + Win 7 all @64bit
so, the best part of this i saw was the venue 11 pro. its pretty much a surface pro 2, but with a replaceable battery and a MUCH lower price point of $500 vs $1000 (for surface pro and type cover.)
very excited. ive wanted to replace my nexus 7 with a full windows 8 tablet, but couldnt justify the price of the surface pro. this seems much more reasonable!

right venue 11 is a very good product...however i like also xps 11 :)

System Name Gen2
Processor Ryzen R9 5950X
Motherboard Asus ROG Crosshair Viii Hero Wifi
Cooling Lian Li 360 Galahad
Memory G.Skill Trident Z RGB 64gb @ 3600 Mhz CL14-13-13-24 1T @ 1.45V
Video Card(s) Sapphire RX 6900 XT Nitro+
Storage Seagate 520 1TB + Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB + lots of HDD's
Display(s) Samsung Odyssey G7
Case Lian Li PC-O11D XL White
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Super Flower Leadex SE Platinum 1000W
Mouse Xenics Titan GX Air Wireless
Keyboard Kemove Snowfox 61
Software Main: Gentoo+Arch + Windows 11
Benchmark Scores Have tried but can't beat the leaders :)
dell is not popular here....

go samsung lol.....

anyway, xps 15? what was the discrete nvidia graphs in there? i am planning to buy new laptop... but these 2 in 1 are surfacing now... might wanna get these 2 in 1...

System Name Skunkworks
Processor 5800x3d
Motherboard x570 unify
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A
Memory 32GB 3600 mhz
Mouse *squeak*
dell is not popular here....

go samsung lol.....

anyway, xps 15? what was the discrete nvidia graphs in there? i am planning to buy new laptop... but these 2 in 1 are surfacing now... might wanna get these 2 in 1...

last year's model had the 640m, so this model would probably have the 740m. can cross fingers for 750m though.

System Name Gen2
Processor Ryzen R9 5950X
Motherboard Asus ROG Crosshair Viii Hero Wifi
Cooling Lian Li 360 Galahad
Memory G.Skill Trident Z RGB 64gb @ 3600 Mhz CL14-13-13-24 1T @ 1.45V
Video Card(s) Sapphire RX 6900 XT Nitro+
Storage Seagate 520 1TB + Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB + lots of HDD's
Display(s) Samsung Odyssey G7
Case Lian Li PC-O11D XL White
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Super Flower Leadex SE Platinum 1000W
Mouse Xenics Titan GX Air Wireless
Keyboard Kemove Snowfox 61
Software Main: Gentoo+Arch + Windows 11
Benchmark Scores Have tried but can't beat the leaders :)
last year's model had the 640m, so this model would probably have the 740m. can cross fingers for 750m though.

thanks... i was looking at msi new gaming laptop with 780m but it is damn expensive... well its 780 what do i expect... but these 2 in 1 is something would like to have

System Name Aki
Processor Intel Core i5-3570
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-H77M-D3H
Cooling CM 212 Evo
Memory Corsair Vengeance 8 GB DDR3-1600
Video Card(s) Sapphire HD7850 2GB
Storage INTEL SSD 520 120 GB, WD Green 2TB, WD Black 2TB, WD Blue 4TB
Display(s) AOC 2353 [23" LCD]
Case Corsair 400R
Power Supply Seasonic 520W S12II
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Corsair K70
Software Windows 8.1 64 bit
thanks... i was looking at msi new gaming laptop with 780m but it is damn expensive... well its 780 what do i expect... but these 2 in 1 is something would like to have

Might wanna check Lenovo Y510p. I have got it last month with GT755M.

System Name Skunkworks
Processor 5800x3d
Motherboard x570 unify
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A
Memory 32GB 3600 mhz
Mouse *squeak*
Might wanna check Lenovo Y510p. I have got it last month with GT755M.

or the clevo w230st. has a 765m. also comes in 15 and 17 inch flavors if 13 inch isnt what you want.