• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Dell Signs Distribution Deal with Staples

malware

Processor Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 G0 VID: 1.2125
Motherboard GIGABYTE GA-P35-DS3P rev.2.0
Cooling Thermalright Ultra-120 eXtreme + Noctua NF-S12 Fan
Memory 4x1 GB PQI DDR2 PC2-6400
Video Card(s) Colorful iGame Radeon HD 4890 1 GB GDDR5
Storage 2x 500 GB Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 32 MB RAID0
Display(s) BenQ G2400W 24-inch WideScreen LCD
Case Cooler Master COSMOS RC-1000 (sold), Cooler Master HAF-932 (delivered)
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi XtremeMusic + Logitech Z-5500 Digital THX
Power Supply Chieftec CFT-1000G-DF 1kW
Software Laptop: Lenovo 3000 N200 C2DT2310/3GB/120GB/GF7300/15.4"/Razer
Staples, Inc. and Dell Inc. today announced that starting on November 11th, customers will have the option to hit the "Easy Button" at 1,400 Staples stores for a wide assortment of Dell notebook and desktop computers, monitors, printers, ink and toner. Staples, the country's leading retail destination for printing, will be the only office superstore to offer Dell products in stores and through its Web site. As part of its ongoing efforts to extend the advantages of its direct business model, Dell's relationship with Staples is the latest in a series of retail agreements aimed at reaching more customers worldwide. The initial products offered at Staples will include Inspiron 1721 and 1521 notebooks, Inspiron 530 desktops, Dell 948 and 926 all-in-one inkjet printers, Dell 1320c laser printer, Dell SE198WFP 19-inch widescreen flat panel LCD monitor, and the Dell E228WFP 22-inch widescreen flat panel LCD monitor. Additionally, Staples will offer ink and toner for most Dell printers.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

Grimskull

Processor Intel E8400
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-X48-DQ6
Cooling OCZ Vendetta
Memory 2x2GB OCZ Reaper PC2-8500
Video Card(s) Sapphire Radeon HD4870
Storage 4x750GB Samsung on 2xRAID0
Display(s) 2 x 20" Samsung redRose 2ms DVI
Case Gigabyte 3D Aurora
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Corsair HX620
Software WIn XP Pro SP3 and Vista Ultimate Dual Boot
heard about that ages ago. Dell have been looking into distribution for a good while now, about time too, give customers the chance to "look and feel" and "try before they buy" the laptops and PC's. Still wudnt buy any of their PC's or notebooks tho.

FreedomEclipse

~Technological Technocrat~
System Name Codename: Icarus Mk.VI
Processor Intel 8600k@Stock -- pending tuning
Motherboard Asus ROG Strixx Z370-F
Cooling CPU: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 {1xCorsair ML120 Pro|5xML140 Pro}
Memory 32GB XPG Gammix D10 {2x16GB}
Video Card(s) ASUS Dual Radeon™ RX 6700 XT OC Edition
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 512GB SSD (Boot)|WD SN770 (Gaming)|2x 3TB Toshiba DT01ACA300|2x 2TB Crucial BX500
Display(s) LG GP850-B
Case Corsair 760T (White)
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V573|Speakers: JBL Control One|Auna 300-CN|Wharfedale Diamond SW150
Power Supply Corsair AX760
Mouse Logitech G900
Keyboard Duckyshine Dead LED(s) III
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
their new slogan sounds kinda gay tho lol before it use to sound cool!

before:

"Dell - you cant get it in the shops!"

now/after:

"Dell - get yours here!"

how homoerotic does this sound??? lol

its great they want to seek a bigger cut of the market by making their products available in the shops (looking foward to actually being able to test out a dell XPS laptop) but c'mon a little more effort for the award winning slogan thats going to help get you laid after youve made a few dozen sales!

so far all ive seen is their monitors popping up in stores here n there. some pretty nice ones i must say but still quite expensive

effmaster

Processor Core Duo T2250 1.73 GHZ
Memory 2 GB DDR2
Video Card(s) NVIDIA GEForce Go 7600 256 MB
Storage 120 GB
Display(s) 17 inch notebook
Case metallic grey
Audio Device(s) Creative xmod (though that doesnt really count as a sound card lol)
Power Supply power plug and battery
Software Lots of it
their new slogan sounds kinda gay tho lol before it use to sound cool!

before:

"Dell - you cant get it in the shops!"

now/after:

"Dell - get yours here!"

how homoerotic does this sound??? lol

its great they want to seek a bigger cut of the market by making their products available in the shops (looking foward to actually being able to test out a dell XPS laptop) but c'mon a little more effort for the award winning slogan thats going to help get you laid after youve made a few dozen sales!

so far all ive seen is their monitors popping up in stores here n there. some pretty nice ones i must say but still quite expensive

DUDE YOUR GETTING A DELL

Kreij

Senior Monkey Moderator
I think it's a fine idea for Dell to sell out of the local shops.

For those who are into US legal issues; There are certain instances where if you are doing something illegal with your computer (and I know no one here does that, but just saying) and you are caught, because you bought your computer from another state and had it shipped, the charges can be brought to the Federal level as involving illegal cross-state transactions.
(They can imply that you bought the computer specifically for the illegal activities, even if you didn't)

If you bought it at your local Staples, they would have to charge you on a state or local level, which would most likely incurr much less severe penalties.

Just a tip from your Uncle Kreij ;)

Cold Storm

Battosai
System Name Haro
Processor AMD 1700x
Motherboard AsRork x370 Taichi
Cooling EK Custom Loop - CPU only
Memory 32gb G-Skill Trident Z
Video Card(s) EVGA 1080 Superclock 2
Storage Too Many
Display(s) Viewsonic VX2450WM-LED 24" & LG 32 IPS
Case Cooler Master Cosmos II
Power Supply Cooler Master V1000
Mouse SteelSeries Rival 500
Software Win10 Pro
Benchmark Scores i5 750 4.62ghz pi runs // Evga FTW p55
I've never really been a person to get a Desktop computer from a company that builds them. I've all ways found building your own computer cheaper than buying a companies one. But, if you don't have a clue on how to build a computer, than I'm happy that Dell is coming to a local shop near you. If i would ever buy a laptop again, I might try a dell. Go Staples.

System Name Senile
Processor I7-4790K@4.8 GHz 24/7
Motherboard MSI Z97-G45 Gaming
Cooling Be Quiet Pure Rock Air
Memory 16GB 4x4 G.Skill CAS9 2133 Sniper
Video Card(s) GIGABYTE Vega 64
Storage Samsung EVO 500GB / 8 Different WDs / QNAP TS-253 8GB NAS with 2x10Tb WD Blue
Display(s) 34" LG 34CB88-P 21:9 Curved UltraWide QHD (3440*1440) *FREE_SYNC*
Case Rosewill
Audio Device(s) Onboard + HD HDMI
Power Supply Corsair HX750
Mouse Logitech G5
Keyboard Corsair Strafe RGB & G610 Orion Red
Software Win 10
I think it's a fine idea for Dell to sell out of the local shops.

For those who are into US legal issues; There are certain instances where if you are doing something illegal with your computer (and I know no one here does that, but just saying) and you are caught, because you bought your computer from another state and had it shipped, the charges can be brought to the Federal level as involving illegal cross-state transactions.
(They can imply that you bought the computer specifically for the illegal activities, even if you didn't)

If you bought it at your local Staples, they would have to charge you on a state or local level, which would most likely incurr much less severe penalties.

Just a tip from your Uncle Kreij ;)

I'll make sure to buy my dell for illegal activities in my state. :roll:

Dell is exploring new sales channels far and wide. The "experts" are not particularly optimistic about them pulling it off (mainly enterprise resales), only because they don't currently have the in-house knowledge or leadership. Who knows if they will be successful.

I would never, ever buy a Dell. It's not that they suck, it's just that they are disposible.