• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

delta errors - please explain

j0j081

Hello,
After extensive searching here and around the web I haven't been able to find a conclusive explanation as to what the delta errors are in ATI tool. When it shows them across the bottom of the 3d window I barely have time to read but seems they are related to how high my memory is overclocked. I assume they are not standard artifacts because ATI Tool doesn't seem to be detecting them as such and I have seen actual artifacts when maxing out my core as much as possible, those being of course the yellow dots. Will someone please give me a detailed explanation as possible to what these delta errors are and if you are getting them occasionally is it safe to keep your oc or should you make sure there are none at all? I'm think ATI Tool stresses the video card much more than any game would so if they are bad was wondering if they should be avoided period or just minimized. Thanks! :)

oh yeah I am running an Athlon 64 Venice ocd to 2.7 ghz and a 7800gs with the latest drivers.

j0j081

bump. someone here must know about this. don't want to run my memory clocked to high so please let me know.

sneekypeet

Retired Super Moderator
System Name EVA-01
Processor Intel i7 13700K
Motherboard Asus ROG Maximus Z690 HERO EVA Edition
Cooling ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 with Noctua Industrial Fans
Memory PAtriot Viper Elite RGB 96GB @ 6000MHz.
Video Card(s) Asus ROG Strix GeForce RTX 3090 24GB OC EVA Edition
Storage Addlink S95 M.2 PCIe GEN 4x4 2TB
Display(s) Asus ROG SWIFT OLED PG42UQ
Case Thermaltake Core P3 TG
Audio Device(s) Realtek on board > Sony Receiver > Cerwin Vegas
Power Supply be quiet DARK POWER PRO 12 1500W
Mouse ROG STRIX Impact Electro Punk
Keyboard ROG STRIX Scope TKL Electro Punk
Software Windows 11
Last edited:

Athlon2K15

HyperVtX™
Processor Intel Core i9 11900K
Motherboard MSI Z590 Carbon EK X
Cooling Custom Water
Memory Team DDR4 4000MHz
Video Card(s) ASUS TUF RTX 3080 OC
Storage WD WN850 1TB
Display(s) 43" LG NanoCell 4K 120Hz
Power Supply Asus Thor 1200w
Mouse Asus Strix Evolve
Keyboard Asus Strix Claymore
Hello,
After extensive searching here and around the web I haven't been able to find a conclusive explanation as to what the delta errors are in ATI tool. When it shows them across the bottom of the 3d window I barely have time to read but seems they are related to how high my memory is overclocked. I assume they are not standard artifacts because ATI Tool doesn't seem to be detecting them as such and I have seen actual artifacts when maxing out my core as much as possible, those being of course the yellow dots. Will someone please give me a detailed explanation as possible to what these delta errors are and if you are getting them occasionally is it safe to keep your oc or should you make sure there are none at all? I'm think ATI Tool stresses the video card much more than any game would so if they are bad was wondering if they should be avoided period or just minimized. Thanks! :)

oh yeah I am running an Athlon 64 Venice ocd to 2.7 ghz and a 7800gs with the latest drivers.

to what your talking about the errors your seeing in atitool have to do with your card being clocked to high and its artifacting,i believe a delta is a group of pixels or is telling you exactly a specific spot where its artifacting

j0j081

to what your talking about the errors your seeing in atitool have to do with your card being clocked to high and its artifacting,i believe a delta is a group of pixels or is telling you exactly a specific spot where its artifacting
that's kinda what I thought but only thing is you can't see anything wrong with your eye unlike the obvious yellow ones.