• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

DFI LanParty NF4 Bios & Tools

Hello,

ur from hwluxx, right? Anyway, are all u settings, except the 2.5-x-x-x, on AUTO/SPD? If u have ICQ try to add me, and we will find a solution, i'm sure. :)

Regards

@Stonekiller

Try a different Bios, maybe the 510-3, some others have problems with USB.

@Abducted

The description of the different bios versions is correct here, imho.

-jacky-

thanks for the quick answer. i have added you in icq.
no i have set this timings manual.

dpadmore

Unregistered said:
Hi all:

I have upgraded my system to an AMD64 939 3000+ Venice E3 and a DFI Lanparty nf4 Ultra-D

After a new fresh XP Prof. SP2 + Windows Update install (due to an new HD install, but the same problem with the old HD), i have activated the Hibernate mode. I can Power off and Suspend the computer perfectly, but when i try to hibernate, it does the hibernate process and instead of powering off, it reboots, and de-hibernate perfectly (but REBOOTS) (>-|).

Any suggestion?

Nforce 6.66 and Nvidia 77.77 drivers.

Thanks.

It is not Windows Hibernate that is junk it is the IDE drivers that came with 6.66. Ditch 6.66 and go either back to 6.53 or forward to 6.67 beta. If no joy then just use the Microsoft IDE drivers like many others.

h4tch3tm4n

DFI Lanparty NF4 SLI-DR issues...? (NEED HELP)

Lo folks,

Dig the forum, I'm quite keen on not spending too much time looking for stuff, so this is great. I recently got myself the above mentioned board, with two Gainward 7800GTX cards. The board installed perfectly, and I managed to run all the necessary installations and becnhmarks. Then I decided to load the latest non-modified bios on the site, and all of a sudden my machine doesn't want to boot Windows. It passes post, and hardware detection, but as soon as any OS starts loading, it just reboots...?

I attempted a re-install of windows, which didn't work, cause as soon as the installation says "Starting windows" it reboots. I can't boot any kind of DOS stiffy, as it just seemingly fails, and I've tried booting off a CD, which doesn't work either...?

Any ideas guys...?

Oh, furthermore, watch out when using stiffy drives, it seems they have a custom cable config on their board, as I myself burned two stiff drives attempting to reload the bios, and the guy at the tech shop burnt another two...???(this happened both times regardless of the way we plugged the cable into the thing)

Spec:
AMD 939 3500 @ Stock speed
DFI Lanparty NF4 SLI-DR mobo
1 Gig Samsung DDR400 @ Stock speed
2x Gainward Geforce 7800GTX @ Stock speed
Creative Audigy II
300 Gig Sata (Seagate)

OBR

Processor Many High-end CPUs
Motherboard Many best mobos
Cooling Ultimate watercooling
Memory Many Dominators GT
Video Card(s) Lo of VGAs
Storage Lot od disks
Display(s) 3x LCD 30" HP
Case Lian Li
Audio Device(s) X-fi Fatality
Power Supply Lot of ..
Software Win 7 Ultimate
BigToe BIOS for SLI-Expert!

Hi, on my old Ultra-D with 704BT Bios, i was able to overclock my 4000+ up to 2800Mhz@1.55V and on new SLI-Expert with the same CPU and 704BT Bios for Expert MoBo is my OC same, but voltage is higher: 2800Mhz@1.63V ! Where is problem?

W1zzard

Administrator
Staff member
Processor Ryzen 7 5700X
Memory 48 GB
Video Card(s) RTX 4080
Storage 2x HDD RAID 1, 3x M.2 NVMe
Display(s) 30" 2560x1600 + 19" 1280x1024
Software Windows 10 64-bit
the ultra-d overvolted the cpu a bit afaik .. also you may want to check if your cooling mounting might not have the best contact. the rest of your setup is the same? only mobo changed?

OBR

Video Card(s) Lo of VGAs
Storage Lot od disks
Display(s) 3x LCD 30" HP
Case Lian Li
Power Supply Lot of ..
Software Win 7 Ultimate
Yes, only MoBo changed, settings are the same.

Where did u get the Voltages from both Mobos from? Bios/Calculated/Windows Tools?

OBR

Video Card(s) Lo of VGAs
Storage Lot od disks
Display(s) 3x LCD 30" HP
Case Lian Li
Power Supply Lot of ..
Software Win 7 Ultimate
GravediggA said:
Where did u get the Voltages from both Mobos from? Bios/Calculated/Windows Tools?

On Ultra-D my CPU was on 1.55V in BIOS(rock stable), but on Expert i have to set 1.55V+104% for rock stability.

W1zzard

Administrator
Staff member
Processor Ryzen 7 5700X
Memory 48 GB
Video Card(s) RTX 4080
Storage 2x HDD RAID 1, 3x M.2 NVMe
Display(s) 30" 2560x1600 + 19" 1280x1024
Software Windows 10 64-bit
what you set in the bios is often not close to what's appearing on the board .. you still have that ultra-d ? try using a dmm to measure your cpu voltage .. i bet it's overvolting

Afaik the Expert is reading the real Vcore, on the Ultra-D u can add about 0,05-0,07V in to the Vcore u see in windows tools.

sephi

Hi.
When the Sempron 3000+ (s939) will be supported by Dfi LanParty UT nF4-D?

Hmm, i think he is already integrated, or not? It should be an E3 Venice Core, with halved L2 Cache, or do i have the wrong informations? :)

sephi

I have Sempron with E6 Venice Core, and it doens't work on Dfi LanParty UT nF4-D, other peoples also have this problem. With Athlon 64 this problem not exist.

Hmm strange.. They should work, if they are E6 or E3 Cores only with halved L2, but i'm not a professional in this bios thing. ;)

Try to send an email to dfi directly or go to www.dfi-street.com, maybe there tehy can help u! Good luck! :)

sephi

They can't help me, guy named Niemiec have this problem too and wrote it on dfistreet and they haven't any ideas. :(

sephi

I wrote two e-mails to they, but they don't answer.

Edit: they wrote mi this "Latest bios for that board is available at DFI webstite> download> your model of board. There you will find the latest official bios for the motherboard. You should also be able to see from the 'readme' for each bios file what the bios is intended to fix or update. Thank you."

Last edited:

freelan

where is cpc settings???

Dippyskoodlez said:
unknown, rare ram.... we need stock timings, and we cant really reccomend any tight timings, because i doubt many people have ever even heard of it.. start with stock and see how the stuff reacts...

where is cpc settings???( 1T /2T COMMAND)

?

Second one.

Command per Clock

SPHERE

Processor opteron 165
Motherboard dfi cfx3200
Cooling zalman 7000
Memory mushkin xp4000
Video Card(s) x1900xt
Storage 4x320 7200.10 raid
Display(s) 21" sony trinitron
Case v2000b lianli
Audio Device(s) x-fi platinum
Power Supply pcpac 510
Software gaydows
sup :)

im in too much of a rush to do a search right now on this site but i did google it the other day

im wandering if anyone can enlighten me as to this thing i heard about the sli-dr expert i heard that some of them are frying cpus cause of some kind of overvoltage isue is this true? and under what curcumstances has this happened?

another thing: about the cut trace (on the first revision i asume) what is that for? and what would one of you more dfi enlightened guys say my chances are if getting that revision if i where to order it from newegg right now :)

thx :)

//mAr

Processor AMD Athlon64 X2 3800+
Motherboard DFI Lanparty nF4 SLI-DR Expert
Cooling watercooling
Memory 2x1024mb Mushkin Redlines XP4000
Video Card(s) PoV 7900GT
Storage 2x74GB Raptor; 2x160GB 7k250 Hitachi
Display(s) Viewsonic VX912
Case LianLi PC70
Audio Device(s) Creative X-FI XtremeMusic
Power Supply OCZ520W
Software Windows XP Pro SP2
SPHERE said:
sup :)

im in too much of a rush to do a search right now on this site but i did google it the other day

im wandering if anyone can enlighten me as to this thing i heard about the sli-dr expert i heard that some of them are frying cpus cause of some kind of overvoltage isue is this true? and under what curcumstances has this happened?

another thing: about the cut trace (on the first revision i asume) what is that for? and what would one of you more dfi enlightened guys say my chances are if getting that revision if i where to order it from newegg right now :)

thx :)
there's a rumour that cpu get killed if you use low vcore (ex. 1.35) and high percent overvoltage (128%).... you should use always high vcore with lowest overvoltage possible... than nothing should happen to your cpu.

my board also have cut trace. but everything workin' fine...