• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Diablo III Clubhouse

Kreij

Senior Monkey Moderator
There a few options when you get to inferno level.
1) You can use the AH. This is the quickest way to get better gear.
2) You can farm for gear. This will take a long time since the drops are random and the player is usually looking for something specific.
3) You can trade gear with other people. This works fine if both players have something the other wants.

Inferno is supposed to be stupidly difficult. Bllizzard even said that it would take months of farming to get through it.
If they made inferno easier with better loot drops, the people who like the crazy challenge would complain too.

I think what you should maybe try, TMM, is restarting the game with a hardcore character. I haven't played a HC character in D3 yet, but it's a great challenge and you have to rethink the way you go about everything (like not picking up health globes when you are full health because you may need them later).
Someone supposedly got through inferno with an HC character and not using the AH, so it would appear to be possible. How hard it is to do is a whole 'nother question.

TheMailMan78

Big Member
System Name TheMailbox 5.0 / The Mailbox 4.5
Processor RYZEN 1700X / Intel i7 2600k @ 4.2GHz
Motherboard Fatal1ty X370 Gaming K4 / Gigabyte Z77X-UP5 TH Intel LGA 1155
Cooling MasterLiquid PRO 280 / Scythe Katana 4
Memory ADATA RGB 16GB DDR4 2666 16-16-16-39 / G.SKILL Sniper Series 16GB DDR3 1866: 9-9-9-24
Video Card(s) MSI 1080 "Duke" with 8Gb of RAM. Boost Clock 1847 MHz / ASUS 780ti
Storage 256Gb M4 SSD / 128Gb Agelity 4 SSD , 500Gb WD (7200)
Display(s) LG 29" Class 21:9 UltraWide® IPS LED Monitor 2560 x 1080 / Dell 27"
Case Cooler Master MASTERBOX 5t / Cooler Master 922 HAF
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1220 Audio Codec / SupremeFX X-Fi with Bose Companion 2 speakers.
Power Supply Seasonic FOCUS Plus Series SSR-750PX 750W Platinum / SeaSonic X Series X650 Gold
Mouse SteelSeries Sensei (RAW) / Logitech G5
Keyboard Razer BlackWidow / Logitech (Unknown)
Software Windows 10 Pro (64-bit)
Benchmark Scores Benching is for bitches.
Seems the same as any Diablo game ever has been (and thats coming from a fan of the series). If you came into the game expecting anything else but repition, you looked at the wrong series, thats what Diablo is. Granted the PvP isn't here yet, I would honestly they take their time and do it right, because D2 PvP was far from fun. It was mostly a game of Rock, Scissors, Scissors in D2. With something like a Sorc or a Paladin just dominating everything by spamming 1 - 2 abilities. So sure PvP was there, but I would call that far from engaging or fun. Plus all PvP was, was flagging yourself and walking out of town. So to expect this game to be anything else than how it's been so far just seems funny to me. Especially considering most already got more than their moneys worth out of it yet still aren't happy :p

Oh you had to spend 6 hours in the auction house to get good gear in the old Diablos? Or could you play the game and get good drops?

Kreij

Senior Monkey Moderator
You had to farm like crazy in D2 as you got a lot of crap gear in that too ... or you could go to 3rd party sites to buy/trade gear.
People weren't really happy with vanilla D2 until they released Lord of Destruction and added stuff (more content, items, etc.)
I agree with Kurgan, it's typical Diablo.

You could get D1 and 2 and see what you think. I think the bundle is pretty cheap.

I'm also not sure why you would spend 6 hours in the AH. I just drop in and sell and collect the gold. Takes about 1 minute.
If you are buying you can get good stuff for 20-30K and once you get comfortable with the search it doesn't take long either.

Last edited:

Cold Storm

Battosai
System Name Haro
Processor AMD 1700x
Motherboard AsRork x370 Taichi
Cooling EK Custom Loop - CPU only
Memory 32gb G-Skill Trident Z
Video Card(s) EVGA 1080 Superclock 2
Storage Too Many
Display(s) Viewsonic VX2450WM-LED 24" & LG 32 IPS
Case Cooler Master Cosmos II
Power Supply Cooler Master V1000
Mouse SteelSeries Rival 500
Software Win10 Pro
Benchmark Scores i5 750 4.62ghz pi runs // Evga FTW p55
There a few options when you get to inferno level.
1) You can use the AH. This is the quickest way to get better gear.
2) You can farm for gear. This will take a long time since the drops are random and the player is usually looking for something specific.
3) You can trade gear with other people. This works fine if both players have something the other wants.

Inferno is supposed to be stupidly difficult. Bllizzard even said that it would take months of farming to get through it.
If they made inferno easier with better loot drops, the people who like the crazy challenge would complain too.

I think what you should maybe try, TMM, is restarting the game with a hardcore character. I haven't played a HC character in D3 yet, but it's a great challenge and you have to rethink the way you go about everything (like not picking up health globes when you are full health because you may need them later).
Someone supposedly got through inferno with an HC character and not using the AH, so it would appear to be possible. How hard it is to do is a whole 'nother question.

Now, here is my thing... they say a person has done hc inferno without the AH... But, that doesn't mean he didn't have someone else do the stuff for him.... Am I right?

TheMailMan78

Big Member
Memory ADATA RGB 16GB DDR4 2666 16-16-16-39 / G.SKILL Sniper Series 16GB DDR3 1866: 9-9-9-24
Video Card(s) MSI 1080 "Duke" with 8Gb of RAM. Boost Clock 1847 MHz / ASUS 780ti
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1220 Audio Codec / SupremeFX X-Fi with Bose Companion 2 speakers.
Power Supply Seasonic FOCUS Plus Series SSR-750PX 750W Platinum / SeaSonic X Series X650 Gold
You had to farm like crazy in D2 as you got a lot of crap gear in that too ... or you could go to 3rd party sites to buy/trade gear.
People weren't really happy with vanilla D2 until they released Lord of Destruction and added stuff (more content, items, etc.)
I agree with Kurgan, it's typical Diablo.

You could get D1 and 2 and see what you think. I think the bundle is pretty cheap.

I'm also not sure why you would spend 6 hours in the AH. I just drop in and sell and collect the gold. Takes about 1 minute.

Nothing I have sells. Anything worth buying costs millions. Diablo 1 and 2 you could farm and find stuff. All the good stuff is in Inferno in Diablo 3 yet no one lasts in unless they use the AH which takes tons of time to gain enough gold to buy anything. Even some of the guys on here who farm like crazy spend tons of time in the AH. Saying this is like Diablo 1 or 2 is BS at this point. There was no auction house counted on in the play mechanics from Blizzard in those games. Drops were frequent enough to justify farming. Drops are now regulated to AH supply. Blizzard has confirmed this. This IS NOT LIKE Diablo 1 and 2. This game has an economy system designed for Blizzard to shave 15% off the top of every sale. Diablo 1 and 2 did not have this.

I don't mind farming when I can farm and FIND decent drops. When I am forced to use a system that's designed to cost me real money or hours of time not playing the game and playing "lets make a deal" its loses its fun. This game isn't ANYTHING like Diablo 1 or 2. This game has a very precise economy system. If you cant see what they are doing you are VERY naive.

Kreij

Senior Monkey Moderator
Drops are now regulated to AH supply. Blizzard has confirmed this.

This is from the "ask anything" blog when asked about the AH being tied to drop rates...

Wyatt Cheng: The auction house has absolutely no effect on drop rates. There are conspiracy theories and misunderstandings, but I do want to re-iterate: there is NO interaction whatsoever. Bashiok mentioned earlier that we took the AH into account, so let me expand a little bit on that.
The drop rates were tuned for a player who would never use the Auction House. For the majority of internal development, we didn't have an Auction House, and we all played using our own drops only. I've personally leveled multiple characters from 1 to 60 internally before the game came out using only drops that I found -- we all did.
When we say we "took the AH into account," that means it's one of many factors -- i.e. some players will choose to play without trading, some players would play in a group of 4 where they share drops among each other, and some (as it turns out, many) players would use the AH.
Three weeks after launch, players' gear is much higher than what we were expecting. When I killed the Butcher on Inferno for the first time, I was using a weapon with 492 DPS. There are also certain passives which are much more powerful than they were during internal development. One With Everything, for example, was basically never used internally because we didn't have an auction House. With the auction house, it feels like a mandatory passive. In retrospect we should have seen it coming. In the game's current state, though, it's a powerful Monk ability that gives Monks a big survivability boost and has some interesting (some would argue fun, others would argue negative) effects on gearing.
I consider playing without the Auction House to be a very fun way to play the game. I'm personally planning on rolling some new characters that I'll set aside to be "no-AH/no-twink" characters. Much like in D2 when I would make a new character with a friend and we'd agree with each other not to twink our characters out.

(shrug)

There is also interesting infromation on getting better items through drop and that the better your gear, the longer (statistically) it will take to get improvements.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/6317360

TheMailMan78

Big Member
This is from the "ask anything" blog when asked about the AH being tied to drop rates...

(shrug)

There is also interesting infromation on getting better items through drop and that the better your gear, the longer (statistically) it will take to get improvements.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/6317360

Im looking for the quote right now but heres a good tid bit to get my point across.

http://diablo.incgamers.com/blog/comments/diablo-3-auction-house-required-for-success/

Its naive to think they could have such an economy without having control over the supply.

AsRock

TPU addict
Processor AMD 3900X \ AMD 7700X
Motherboard ASRock AM4 X570 Pro 4 \ ASUS X670Xe TUF
Cooling D15
Memory Patriot 2x16GB PVS432G320C6K \ G.Skill Flare X5 F5-6000J3238F 2x16GB
Video Card(s) eVga GTX1060 SSC \ XFX RX 6950XT RX-695XATBD9
Storage Sammy 860, MX500, Sabrent Rocket 4 Sammy Evo 980 \ 1xSabrent Rocket 4+, Sammy 2x990 Pro
Display(s) Samsung 1080P \ LG 43UN700
Case Fractal Design Pop Air 2x140mm fans from Torrent \ Fractal Design Torrent 2 SilverStone FHP141x2
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V677 \ Yamaha CX-830+Yamaha MX-630 Infinity RS4000\Paradigm P Studio 20, Blue Yeti
Power Supply Seasonic Prime TX-750 \ Corsair RM1000X Shift
Mouse Steelseries Sensei wireless \ Steelseries Sensei wireless
Keyboard Logitech K120 \ Wooting Two HE
Benchmark Scores Meh benchmarks.
Oh coin that's it? Spending 6 hours in the AH to get a million+ gold to buy a single piece of gear? No thanks man.

6+ hours really ?, i know my wife has possibly had 6 hours total and even then be really surprised if it was that many hours.. I know she spent more time researching in the bliz forums on what she needs though.

Oh the more she can play it with just the mouse the happier she is lol.

And i am sure at least some TPU members would help you too.

Kreij

Senior Monkey Moderator
Maybe I'm looking at it the wrong way, but there are a few things I'd like to comment on.

Blizzard makes nothing from the GAH, it's purely an expense for them and a convenience for the players. The only use it has for Blizz is to remove some of the in-game gold from the economy (their cut). It's really no different than buying something from an in-game vendor which does the same thing.

Blizzard does make money from the RMAH, but if they were only interested in the cash why would they cap the auction amounts? Additionally, if super great stuff dropped like rain they would probably make more money on the RMAH. It would drive prices down, but sales would go up and with it revenue. Similar to when Steam has sales and why Walmart makes billions selling cheap crap.

As is stated in the link you posted, TMM, getting top level gear in D2 was harder than in D3. People played for years and never saw some of the best stuff drop. They were forced to get it on trading and sale sites. Now they can find it in the auction house. People have gotten better gear in a shorter time in D3 than they did in D2. Yet they all rave about D2. :confused:

What fun would inferno level be if great gear was common and you could waltz through it. It's supposed to be crazy hard and the gear to manage it extremely rare. Yes it can be quite frustrating, but if it was not much harder than hell level everyone would quit because they were done with the game and there was nothing to challenge them anymore.

I think they will continue to tweak things as time goes on, though.
You do have to remember that the game is still quite new.

1Kurgan1

The Knife in your Back
System Name My Comp | Fiancees Comp
Processor i7 5820k @ 4.6Ghz 1.285v| i5 2500k
Motherboard MSI x99 SLI Plus | AsRock Z77 Pro 3
Cooling Watercooled
Memory 16GB DDR4 2400 @ 2666 | 12GB DDR3 1600
Video Card(s) AMD R9 290x | MSI 5850 OC
Storage 128gb SSD + 2x 2TB | 2TB
Display(s) Asus 27" LCD | 25" Hanns G
Case CM Storm | CM Elite 430
Audio Device(s) Creative Recon 3D PCIe
Power Supply Enermax Galaxy 1250W | Rosewill 630w
Mouse Logitech G700s | Logitech G100s
Keyboard Logitech G901 | Logitech G105
Software Win 8.1 Ultimate x64 | Win 8.1 Ultimate x64
Benchmark Scores 3D Mark - Fire Strike Extreme - 4403
Oh you had to spend 6 hours in the auction house to get good gear in the old Diablos? Or could you play the game and get good drops?

I haven't spent much time in there at all, I usually know what I'm looking for. And I've got a few drops I currently still use.

Nothing I have sells. Anything worth buying costs millions. Diablo 1 and 2 you could farm and find stuff. All the good stuff is in Inferno in Diablo 3 yet no one lasts in unless they use the AH which takes tons of time to gain enough gold to buy anything. Even some of the guys on here who farm like crazy spend tons of time in the AH. Saying this is like Diablo 1 or 2 is BS at this point. There was no auction house counted on in the play mechanics from Blizzard in those games. Drops were frequent enough to justify farming. Drops are now regulated to AH supply. Blizzard has confirmed this. This IS NOT LIKE Diablo 1 and 2. This game has an economy system designed for Blizzard to shave 15% off the top of every sale. Diablo 1 and 2 did not have this.

I don't mind farming when I can farm and FIND decent drops. When I am forced to use a system that's designed to cost me real money or hours of time not playing the game and playing "lets make a deal" its loses its fun. This game isn't ANYTHING like Diablo 1 or 2. This game has a very precise economy system. If you cant see what they are doing you are VERY naive.

This is all coming from a guy who never played D1 or D2. It took tons of farming in D1 or D2 to get great drops (don't think D3 is alone here). There wasn't an AH, but many of the great drops people never even seen, if you wanted them you would have to join trading games, it was clunky, and thats why the AH is here. I played a good amount of D2 and never seen anything amazing ever. Saying this isn't like D1 or D2 without ever having either is the only thing thats BS at this point :laugh: Seriously, pick up D2, it's cheap, play it, and let us know when you get something amazing (drops were not even close to constant enough for you to push right throug Hell, you would have to farm to be able to do that, the article you linked supported that like Kreij said). Also don't be mad that when you get to Hell difficulty things are just flat out immune to certain types of attacks. Frost Sorceress and run into Frost Immune (not resist but immune) thats good game. It's the max difficulty in a game, to be mad at it being difficult doesn't make sense, theres 3 other difficulties you can go have fun in and walk through without a problem.

There is no pvp in this game, so you don't need to out gear others. You just need to have the gear to do the content, and you definitely don't need to go to the RMAH for that. I haven't spent a dime on this game and I got 2 characters in Act 3 Inferno. And the most expensive item I have purchased for either character is 600k, so not the millions you speak of (and we both play Barb, and I'm doing great with those non-million items). Since oyu never played Diablo before saying this game has a precise economy and is nothing like the others, you must have never heard of SOJ's. D2's economy was weight on SOJ value (that was an item in game), it made it's own currency. You keep saying it's naive to think this is like the other games, but it's naive of you to judge D3 compared to them when just 2 months ago you were completely clueless on what Diablo even was, seriously.

Kreij

Senior Monkey Moderator
There is no pvp in this game, so you don't need to out gear others.

Yet. :D

Looking forward to seeing what they do with it. It should be great if they take the time to do it right.

BTW : Diablo Battle Chest (D1, D2 and LoD) is $20 on Amazon.
The playstation version of D1 is going for something like $400+ lol

TheMailMan78

Big Member
I haven't spent much time in there at all, I usually know what I'm looking for. And I've got a few drops I currently still use.

This is all coming from a guy who never played D1 or D2. It took tons of farming in D1 or D2 to get great drops (don't think D3 is alone here). There wasn't an AH, but many of the great drops people never even seen, if you wanted them you would have to join trading games, it was clunky, and thats why the AH is here. I played a good amount of D2 and never seen anything amazing ever. Saying this isn't like D1 or D2 without ever having either is the only thing thats BS at this point :laugh: Seriously, pick up D2, it's cheap, play it, and let us know when you get something amazing (drops were not even close to constant enough for you to push right throug Hell, you would have to farm to be able to do that, the article you linked supported that like Kreij said). Also don't be mad that when you get to Hell difficulty things are just flat out immune to certain types of attacks. Frost Sorceress and run into Frost Immune (not resist but immune) thats good game. It's the max difficulty in a game, to be mad at it being difficult doesn't make sense, theres 3 other difficulties you can go have fun in and walk through without a problem.

There is no pvp in this game, so you don't need to out gear others. You just need to have the gear to do the content, and you definitely don't need to go to the RMAH for that. I haven't spent a dime on this game and I got 2 characters in Act 3 Inferno. And the most expensive item I have purchased for either character is 600k, so not the millions you speak of (and we both play Barb, and I'm doing great with those non-million items). Since oyu never played Diablo before saying this game has a precise economy and is nothing like the others, you must have never heard of SOJ's. D2's economy was weight on SOJ value (that was an item in game), it made it's own currency. You keep saying it's naive to think this is like the other games, but it's naive of you to judge D3 compared to them when just 2 months ago you were completely clueless on what Diablo even was, seriously.

Diablo 1 and 2 dont have an auction house. You honestly belive that was just "tacted on" after the fact? Please Kurgan Blizzard isnt a billion dollar company by mistake. The Auction house is part of the game. Diablo 1 and two allowed you to progress through the game without an auction house by just grinding. You bought 600k weapons by your own admission. Play the game without the auction house and beat inferno. I played 70 hours without a decent drop. NOT A SINGLE ONE. So your telling me I would have to play 100+ hours in Diablo 2 to even make it through the first act on the second level of difficulty? Because I had to hit the auction house to beat Hell. Please. This is very basic stuff man. I dont need to play D1 or D2 to know this game has a different mechanic in mind. If it didnt then there would be no Auction house at all and I could grind through the game without having to use the auction house. I know you love this game and you have rose tinted glasses but I call it like it is.

When PvP hits the game its gonna be a circle jerk.

Cold Storm

Battosai
System Name Haro
Processor AMD 1700x
Motherboard AsRork x370 Taichi
Cooling EK Custom Loop - CPU only
Memory 32gb G-Skill Trident Z
Video Card(s) EVGA 1080 Superclock 2
Storage Too Many
Display(s) Viewsonic VX2450WM-LED 24" & LG 32 IPS
Case Cooler Master Cosmos II
Power Supply Cooler Master V1000
Mouse SteelSeries Rival 500
Software Win10 Pro
Benchmark Scores i5 750 4.62ghz pi runs // Evga FTW p55
To me... I think the game would of been better without the AH.. But, they did know it was going to be there. I think due to the effects that the testers were able to go thru inferno without AH, they upped the difficulty so the end user needed to use the AH.. In return get to the person that doesn't care about what they spend.. They've seen threw wow the amount of people that will go and do "cash for gold" and see the effects of Real Cash AH to be a thing they could use..

Me, I never have time to play but a few hours here and there.. So, I could care less.. If I don't beat a game... I could care less... When I was young it was great to beat it... Now, no time, so why should I care?

IMHO of it all..

lyndonguitar

I play games
System Name X6 | Lyndon-ROG
Processor Intel Core i7-8700k | Intel Core i7 6700HQ
Motherboard Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 5 | Asus ROG-GL552VX
Cooling Deepcool Captain 240EX
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LED | 8 GB
Video Card(s) NVIDIA GTX 1080 8 GB GDDR5X | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 950M 4GB
Storage SSDs: 500GB, HDDs: 2TB, 2TB, 3TB | SSD: 250GB, HDD: 1TB
Display(s) Samsung 49" CHG90 3840x1080@144Hz, Panasonic 32" HDTV, | 15.6"1080p
Case Cougar Panzer Max
Audio Device(s) HyperX Cloud II | Corsair Gaming H1500 7.1 | ROCCAT Kave 5.1 | Edifier M3200
Power Supply EVGA 750GQ
Mouse Logitech G403 | Razer Deathadder Chroma | Logitech G302 | Mad Catz Cyborg R.A.T. 5
Keyboard Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Red
Software Windows 10
I got dc'ed and I can't log in

Kreij

Senior Monkey Moderator
Same here. It just sits at "authenticating credentials".

System Name TheReactor / HTPC
Processor AMD 7800x3d 5050Mhz / Intel 10700kf (5.1ghz All Core)
Motherboard ASrock x670e Taichi / ROG Strix z490-e gaming
Cooling HeatKiller VI CPU/GPU Block -2xBlackIce GTX 360 Radiators - Swiftech MCP655 Pump
Memory 32GB G.Skill 6000Mhz DDR5 / 32GB G.Skill 3400Mhz DDR4
Video Card(s) Nvidia 3090ti / Nvidia 2080ti
Storage Crucial T700 2TB Gen 5 / Samsung Evo 2Tb
Display(s) Acer Predator xb271hu - 2560x1440 @144hz
Case Corsiar 550
Audio Device(s) on board
Power Supply Antec Quattro 1000W
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Corsair Gaming k70
Software Windows 10 Pro 64bit
Well I am at the last waypoint before taking on Diablo in Inferno. Not sure I want to take him out because then I won't have anything to look forward to except loot grinding and beating him faster.

Currently sitting at 50M in gold. Highest I have been was 98M.

In total I could have beat the game with probably 5M worth of gear. Currently my gear is probably pushing 100M. No reason for this except to loot faster and make more gold/cash.

For people having a hard time making cash. Break down and buy some good loot gear. You can pretty much spec your guy out for 200%+ GF, this will not cost you more then 1-2Million. Once you are sitting at that level just running through act I will net you 500K+Items.

My loot gear is 315% GF with 5NV. I am seeing gold drops over 3K. I invested about 2 million total and can easily run act i/ii with it.

lyndonguitar

I play games
Case Cougar Panzer Max
Audio Device(s) HyperX Cloud II | Corsair Gaming H1500 7.1 | ROCCAT Kave 5.1 | Edifier M3200
Power Supply EVGA 750GQ
Mouse Logitech G403 | Razer Deathadder Chroma | Logitech G302 | Mad Catz Cyborg R.A.T. 5
Software Windows 10
Well I am at the last waypoint before taking on Diablo in Inferno. Not sure I want to take him out because then I won't have anything to look forward to except loot grinding and beating him faster.

Currently sitting at 50M in gold. Highest I have been was 98M.

In total I could have beat the game with probably 5M worth of gear. Currently my gear is probably pushing 100M. No reason for this except to loot faster and make more gold/cash.

For people having a hard time making cash. Break down and buy some good loot gear. You can pretty much spec your guy out for 200%+ GF, this will not cost you more then 1-2Million. Once you are sitting at that level just running through act I will net you 500K+Items.

My loot gear is 315% GF with 5NV. I am seeing gold drops over 3K. I invested about 2 million total and can easily run act i/ii with it.

can I have a 1M gold? lol jk.

how did you earn that amount of gold?? just farming and farming?

Cooling HeatKiller VI CPU/GPU Block -2xBlackIce GTX 360 Radiators - Swiftech MCP655 Pump
Case Corsiar 550
Audio Device(s) on board
Mouse Logitech G502
can I have a 1M gold? lol jk.

how did you earn that amount of gold?? just farming and farming?

Farming helps a lot. Think my profile says something like 15M gold picked up. The rest was from AH Tycoon.

Things are still selling on the AH. From looting last night I made 8M this morning.

lyndonguitar

I play games
Case Cougar Panzer Max
Power Supply EVGA 750GQ
Software Windows 10
Farming helps a lot. Think my profile says something like 15M gold picked up. The rest was from AH Tycoon.

Things are still selling on the AH. From looting last night I made 8M this morning.

Wow :banghead: any tips on what to buy and sell lol, some stats to look for?, etc

Server is up again, I just logged in. but AH is still down.. damn

Kreij

Senior Monkey Moderator

Glad someone's stuff is selling. I've had no responses no matter how I price items in a couple of days.

Case Corsiar 550
Audio Device(s) on board
Mouse Logitech G502
Wow :banghead: any tips on what to buy and sell lol, some stats to look for?, etc

Well easiest way is to read forums and see what builds people are using. It's good to know all classes.

Right now -
Crit Hit
Crit Damage
All RES
LoH
IAS

are the big sellers. So anything with a good prime stat, okay secondary, and a combo of the above are pretty much 3M+ items with good armor.

Sold a helm a few days ago. Socket, 712 Armor, 70 Str, 68 All res, 4% Crit for 22M. It was bought out almost instantly, within 1 hr, and reposted for 48M, which sold. Kicking myself for that.

IDk, maybe I am just getting lucky...but I do spend time gauging others offers and where mine will be placed, and make it an attractive price for the buyer, yet still turn a great profit.

My entire point to all this is, with some cheap loot gear you can easily make 5M-10M in a fairly short time, and that is enough to purchase items that will get deep into inferno, maybe even beat the game. Everything else is just gravy.

Last edited:

Kreij

Senior Monkey Moderator
I think I may still be selling way to low. :/
I've got items with 3 stats over 100 and LoH in the 300 range, and all res and they're not moving at all.
The only thing I can figure is people aren't seeing them in the sub-1 million range.

lyndonguitar

I play games
Case Cougar Panzer Max
Power Supply EVGA 750GQ
Software Windows 10
Well easiest way is to read forums and see what builds people are using. It's good to know all classes.

Right now -
Crit Hit
Crit Damage
All RES
LoH
IAS

are the big sellers. So anything with a good prime stat, okay secondary, and a combo of the above are pretty much 3M+ items with good armor.

Sold a helm a few days ago. Socket, 712 Armor, 70 Str, 68 All res, 4% Crit for 22M. It was bought out almost instantly, within 1 hr, and reposted for 48M, which sold. Kicking myself for that.

IDk, maybe I am just getting lucky...but I do spend time gauging others offers and where mine will be placed, and make it an attractive price for the buyer, yet still turn a great profit.

My entire point to all this is, with some cheap loot gear you can easily make 5M-10M in a fairly short time, and that is enough to purchase items that will get deep into inferno, maybe even beat the game. Everything else is just gravy.

I did this few weeks ago, but not on the Millions scale. just bought some items for 50k and sold for 200k, bought some item for 200k. sold for 500k, etc.

never tried it with items worth millions, cause im not sure if its gonna sell or what.

Case Corsiar 550
Audio Device(s) on board
Mouse Logitech G502
I think I may still be selling way to low. :/
I've got items with 3 stats over 100 and LoH in the 300 range, and all res and they're not moving at all.
The only thing I can figure is people aren't seeing them in the sub-1 million range.

Under pricing can be just as bad as over pricing.

Item level makes a big difference as well in pricing. I hardly even post 59th lvl items and honestly anything below that, unless godly, gets salvaged or goes to vendor. Because 50K-100K isn't worth one of the 10 sales I am allowed.

If you have some great items you would like a price check on let me know.

Case Corsiar 550
Audio Device(s) on board
Mouse Logitech G502
I did this few weeks ago, but not on the Millions scale. just bought some items for 50k and sold for 200k, bought some item for 200k. sold for 500k, etc.

never tried it with items worth millions, cause im not sure if its gonna sell or what.

Whats the worse that can happen.... It doesn't sell. Adjust, and repost.