• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Diablo III Clubhouse

AlienIsGOD

Vanguard Beta Tester
System Name Aliens Ryzen Rig | 2nd Hand Omen
Processor Ryzen R5 5600 | Ryzen R5 3600
Motherboard Gigabyte B450 Aorus Elite (F61 BIOS) | B450 matx
Cooling DeepCool Castle EX V2 240mm AIO| stock for now
Memory 8GB X 2 DDR4 3000mhz Team Group Vulcan | 16GB DDR4
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse RX 5700 8GB | GTX 1650 4GB
Storage Adata XPG 8200 PRO 512GB SSD OS / 240 SSD + 2TB M.2 SSD Games / 1000 GB Data | SSD + HDD
Display(s) Acer ED273 27" VA 144hz Freesync |TCL 32" 1080P w/ HDR
Case NZXT H500 Black | HP Omen Obelisk
Audio Device(s) Onboard Realtek | Onboard Realtek
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650w 80+ Gold | 500w
Mouse Steelseries Rival 500 15 button mouse w/ Razor Goliathus Chroma XL mousemat | Logitech G502
Keyboard Logitech G910 Orion Spark RGB w/ Romer G tactile keys | Logitech G513 Carbon w/ Romer G tactile keys
Software Windows 10 Pro | Windows 10 Pro
Oh buy here her own copy ya cheepskate. (Just kidding as it sounds like it won't play on here rig)
Sounds like a good plan to get your computer back. lol

I do have a Q9450 and a GB EP45-DS4P mid/high end mobo. Just got to check the CPU to be sure it works proper still (i had a mishap that led to me buying the Core i5 system) and then she will have a good rig capable of gaming, just need a Gfx card and even for that im thinking the 6870 in my rig and get myself a HD 7850/70. but yes i wll buy Jadzia (my kid) her own copy of Diablo 3 eventually as she really likes the game. (she says it sure beats playing girl games on the internet)

If i cant get the q9450 to work proper, then I will just build her a IB/SB dual core rig (may even give her this z68 mobo and get myself a mid end z77 board)

Kreij

Senior Monkey Moderator
You abandoned me Kreij. You left me to the minions of hell.

Sorry man, had a good time playing with you and Haru.
When fatigue get really bad I can't concentrate on even something simple like D3. :ohwell:

System Name i7-PC / HTPC / iMac
Processor i7 3820 / Phenom II 940
Motherboard GIGABYTE G1.ASSASSIN2 / M3A79-T Deluxe
Cooling Corsair Hydro H100i / Scythe II (HS only)
Memory G.SKILL Trident X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 1600mhz / 4GB DDR2 1066 (@800) Corsair Dominator
Video Card(s) GB Radeon HD 7950s 3GB / GB Radeon HD 7950s 3GB
Storage 2x 80GB Intel X-25, 2x600gb SATA, 1x1tb 5400RPM storage /1x600GB, 3x500GB,1x160,1x120 SATA
Display(s) 1x 27" Yamakasi / Vizio 42" HDTV
Case Lian Li Lancool PC-K58 / Antec 900
Audio Device(s) HT Omega Striker 7.1 / Onboard and HDMI from ATi Card
Power Supply PC Power & Cooling 750W / 610W
Software Ubuntu / Windows 8.1 Pro / OS X / PHPStorm / Gaming
This is fact? Do you have a source link?

you make it sound as though the drops are directly influenced, ie 15 copies of helm "xyz" on AH means less copies of "xyz" will drop until the number on ah lowers.

that is not the case.

all that they are saying is that when balancing the amount of drops they take into consideration the fact that these items can be found in other ways, without the time commitment that farming would require.
that is an indirect influence and the alternative would be for them to ignore the auction house and trading when deciding how drops balance. that to me would make no sense.

System Name Staggered
Processor Intel i5 6600k (XSPC Rasa)
Motherboard Gigabyte Z170 Gaming K3
Cooling RX360 (3*Scythe GT1850) + RX240 (2*Scythe GT1850) + Laing D5 Vario (with EK X-Top V2)
Memory 2*8gb Team Group Dark @3000Mhz 16-16-16-36 1.25v
Video Card(s) Inno3D GTX 1070 HerculeZ
Storage 256gb Samsung 830 + 2*1tB Samsung F3 + 2*2tB Samsung F4EG
Display(s) Flatron W3000H 2560*1600
Case Cooler Master ATCS 840 + 1*120 GT1850 (exhaust) + 1*230 Spectre Pro + Lamptron FC2 (fan controller)
Power Supply Enermax Revolution 85+ 1250W
Software Windows 10 Pro 64bit
Star Trek?

EDIT: On topic: I started on my monk. So far she's kinda boring, but, I assume she'll get better around act III (like the wiz and DH).

Last edited:
System Name TheReactor / HTPC
Processor AMD 7800x3d 5050Mhz / Intel 10700kf (5.1ghz All Core)
Motherboard ASrock x670e Taichi / ROG Strix z490-e gaming
Cooling HeatKiller VI CPU/GPU Block -2xBlackIce GTX 360 Radiators - Swiftech MCP655 Pump
Memory 32GB G.Skill 6000Mhz DDR5 / 32GB G.Skill 3400Mhz DDR4
Video Card(s) Nvidia 3090ti / Nvidia 2080ti
Storage Crucial T700 2TB Gen 5 / Samsung Evo 2Tb
Display(s) Acer Predator xb271hu - 2560x1440 @144hz
Case Corsiar 550
Audio Device(s) on board
Power Supply Antec Quattro 1000W
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Corsair Gaming k70
you make it sound as though the drops are directly influenced, ie 15 copies of helm "xyz" on AH means less copies of "xyz" will drop until the number on ah lowers.

that is not the case.

all that they are saying is that when balancing the amount of drops they take into consideration the fact that these items can be found in other ways, without the time commitment that farming would require.
that is an indirect influence and the alternative would be for them to ignore the auction house and trading when deciding how drops balance. that to me would make no sense.

Do you have any proof that is the case? From what I have read on the us.battle.net forums the influx of items or lack of items on the AH directly change drops and drop rates in game, real time.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5575468638

Now that is only one post, and of course there are a few people saying "it ain't so" but no clear answer. If you have a clear answer I would really like to know for sure. I want to know how much control over this micro-econ Blizz has, and I am betting it is very controlled.... It would be in Blizz's best interest to make sure things are selling and moving on the AH cause of the 15% transaction fee.

Kreij

Senior Monkey Moderator
The RMAH isn't up and running yet, but it does look like a way to artifically inflate prices of rarer items. There are a lot of people who will fork over cash for items.

I won't, however. I still don't even trade items between characters and love the "hunt". lol

US server down at the moment for service patch.

Cooling HeatKiller VI CPU/GPU Block -2xBlackIce GTX 360 Radiators - Swiftech MCP655 Pump
Case Corsiar 550
Audio Device(s) on board
Mouse Logitech G502
Right now 1M in gold costs $40. On these various sites...(That I hate) BUT it gives you an idea of what the econ is going to look like when the RMAH launches. Sorta. I expect gold prices to tank once more people are in inferno. It doesn't take long, maybe 1 hour, with lvl5 Valor to make 200K in Inf Act II. So eventually I bet Gold will be like $3 - $5 for 1 Million.

http://www.diabloiiigold.com/

So even though there isn't a RMAH, Gold still has a Real World value, although totally inflated right now.

I use the Auction House all the time. Flipping stuff, made a small fortune doing this...but it isn't that fun, and it is time consuming. I have basically traded all my % Find Magic items for % Find Gold so I can afford to buy and trade high level items.

AlienIsGOD

Vanguard Beta Tester
Storage Adata XPG 8200 PRO 512GB SSD OS / 240 SSD + 2TB M.2 SSD Games / 1000 GB Data | SSD + HDD
Mouse Steelseries Rival 500 15 button mouse w/ Razor Goliathus Chroma XL mousemat | Logitech G502
Keyboard Logitech G910 Orion Spark RGB w/ Romer G tactile keys | Logitech G513 Carbon w/ Romer G tactile keys
Star Trek?

Yes sir, thats who she is named after Jadzia Dax from Deep Space 9 :D my almost 2 y.o. son is named Cobain

on topic: been farming Act I in hell mode to make some gold for upgrades to my monk. I found using a shield gives me a lil bit more armor and makes me die less :D I also made enough gold to unlock the 2nd tab and buy all the slots :p

Kreij

Senior Monkey Moderator
I found using a shield gives me a lil bit more armor and makes me die less

My too. Dual wielding is cool but doesn't seem to scale well with damage vs. the protection and life gains of a good shield.

Servers now not back until 3:00PM CST (was 2PM).

System Name Jaffakeik
Processor I9 12900K
Motherboard MSI Pro B660M-A WIFI DDR4
Cooling Arctic Liquid Freezer II High Performance CPU Water cooler- 240mm
Memory Corsair Vengeance LPX Black 32GB (2x16GB) 3600
Video Card(s) 7900XTX gigabyte OC edition
Storage WD Black SN770 1TB SSD M.2 2280 NVME x2
Display(s) TV LG C2
Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro 2 Full Tower Case Tempered
Audio Device(s) Mother board + Sennhiser HD650+ Elgato wave xlr + shure SM7B
Power Supply EVGA 1600w G+
Mouse Glorious Model 0
Keyboard Corsair RBG mini K65 + Steelseries Apex150
Software Windows 11
Benchmark Scores over 9000
I wonder when will end these server issues :)

AlienIsGOD

Vanguard Beta Tester
My too. Dual wielding is cool but doesn't seem to scale well with damage vs. the protection and life gains of a good shield.

i think early on i was trying to be a WoW fury warrior :confused: i knew Diablo was a different beast, but just wasn't sure how much. Im glad this clubhouse exists as it has been invaluable in helping me along with my characters :toast: :toast:

System Name Norfree
Processor i5 3570k @4.4
Motherboard Gigabyte UD5H
Cooling 212 Evo
Memory 4x4GB Kingston 1600 @ 1833 9cl
Video Card(s) Sapphire Nitro Fury
Storage Corsair SSD, WD Black
Display(s) 1080p TV
Case Corsair 300-R
Audio Device(s) Auzentech Prelude > Fidelio X2s and AD-700s
Power Supply PCP&C Silent 950w
Software Win 10 Pro 64
I'm surprised they are having such huge server issues. I mean, they run the largest MMO on the planet, don't they know what to expect? Seems like they just didn't want to fork over the extra cash for enough servers/bandwidth until they knew the game would be successful.

System Name Not named
Processor Intel 8700k @ 5Ghz
Motherboard Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Assassin II
Memory 16GB DDR4 Corsair LPX 3000mhz CL15
Video Card(s) Zotac 1080 Ti AMP EXTREME
Storage Samsung 960 PRO 512GB
Display(s) 24" Dell IPS 1920x1200
Case Fractal Design R5
Power Supply Corsair AX760 Watt Fully Modular
Simply incredible post. Read it.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5270834615

A lot of people seem to be complaining about many things in Diablo 3, but most of it boils down to loot. Even progression boils down to loot drops at a functional level.

It's not to difficult to identify the problem here. People enjoy getting loot for their character. People enjoy seeing loot drop. These trigger certain pleasure centers in our brains. People don't really enjoy searching the auction house for items. But the most efficient way to get gear for your character is not by seeing it drop.

Rational behavior will dictate that the path of least resistance (in this case, time) will direct behavior. So, because the Auction House is faster to obtain loot, this will be the default "best" place to get it. Especially since you can get what you want, right now. Even though it is less fun.

This means, that the Auction House needs to not be the cheapest best place to get all of your gear, which means that the game needs to - generally - have lower drop rates - because the existence of the Auction House increases the visibility and availability of gear. If everyone had good gear, and everyone could put it on the Auction House, then the prices would drop and the Auction House would be defacto the best place to get gear.

Unfortunately - the problem is that the Auction House pricing is already deflated. To the point of making the Blacksmith (another gear acquisition path) a non-option for someone attempting any semblance of rational behavior (Rational Behavior from an economics/Game Theory stand point - path of least resistance).

The huge problem with this is that the 'fix' from an economics perspective, would be to lower drop rates even further, so that prices rise, so that farming for items becomes more profitable. However, since people are getting less positive feedback from this game from a loot dropping perspective (and we've established [for most people] that the AH is less fun than seeing loot drop) lowering that even further would drop the positive feedback even MORE!

On top of this, the rarest of items (which can cause the largest spikes from a reward perspective) are not proportionally better that the most common items. So when you see a legendary item drop, the sheer volume of good blues and rares that have dropped have a majorly significant chance to be better than that rarest item drop. This creates a NEGATIVE feedback for what should be a highly positive feedback spike.

Since good blues are fairly common, and good rares and fairly rare, you eventually stop caring that you are getting good blue drop loot - from continuous reinforcement (see B.F. Skinner for more on this) - and the pleasure of gear acquisition in that respect no longer triggers an endorphin release. That coupled with the negative feedback from a legendary and rare drops, make people not get the same sense of happiness from this game as they did from D2.

Since this is supposed to be the fun part of the game (loot acquisition- as stated multiple times by Blues), that leads people with high levels of frustration to turn to an area of lower frustration to express the need to gear - the AH. Since the AH is not "fun" (unless you're interested in markets and the buying and selling of goods) then this also doesn't trigger reward mechanisms that would keep people playing the game.

Add to that the fact that is is frustratingly complicated to farm in the game (as specifically designed by Blizzard in order to reduce the effectiveness of Boss runs) due to the quest system being required to run in order to progress, it basically creates a system that discourages you from farming to gear up - hence why people just want to hit inferno running (they haven't gotten their loot fix yet and really need it to justify the game to their wallets). This then causes the brickwall to hit them as their gear level (and possibly skill level) isn't up to that level yet - and then the whining happens.

This is a MAJOR design flaw. The most fun thing in the game (getting loot), should be accomplished by most fun thing in the game to do (slaying monsters). This is Game Design 101 (I'm speaking as a designer myself). The best way to gear up needs to be by farming for gear (triggers 2 pleasure centers). Inferno difficulty is not a problem if:
1) is it possible to gear up in hell difficulty, and
2) you can get enough small upgrades in order to trigger the endorphin release frequently enough to make this behavior feel rewarding.

Since this was the design, but its not succeeding (at least by my perspective) - I'll add a couple of more concepts to this list - though they would not strictly be required for a successful system:

3) the process of farming gear is fun (fun would be created by dynamic content that is both optimal to complete and varied in its execution)
4) the process of farming gear is 'easy'. I don't mean easy as in accomplished easily, but rather as in its easy to get into a game where you can explore around and complete events and kill bosses in a way of your choosing. The content can be difficult - but the process of attempting the content should not be difficult.

But since number 2 on that list isn't currently happening, number 1 won't be perceived as possible by the players (10 clears, 0 upgrades, I will go complain on the forums that its impossible - even if its possible and I needed 100 clears. Since I've received no positive feedback from the game that my effort is being rewarded, I will feel as though my efforts are pointless.) This is the problem most people are facing. Take into account that waypoints are largely ineffective due to the questing system, and clicking through quest text on subsequent playthroughs is (for the most part) an annoying time sink, its not even 'easy' to go farm for loot that likely won't drop. And that random events have little or no reward, and random spawning packs of mobs (which are irrelevant to map variance) don't create enough of a varied exploring experience.

Now there's a 3rd item acquisition method, which I've touched up only slightly - which is the blacksmith. We'll ignore the cost and time associated with leveling him up at an in game level appropriate time for now. The cost of his combinations are too high. The lost opportunity cost of even just vendoring items (rather than salvaging them), and then paying the combine cost is much higher than the AH cost of items. This means its never worth it - even ignoring the cost of leveling the blacksmith - and even ignoring the random nature of his items. So his existence, from a player's perspective will typically never be rewarding - and it needs to be.

If you aren't interested in solutions, go ahead and stop reading here - I think I laid out the issues in a fairly straightforward manner. To be fair - I'm only discussing this part of the game (loot acquisition and character advancement), there are things that are great about this game, and other things that are also not so great I might comment on later. But to help fix the item economy - I recommend the following simple changes, and one more radical change.

Simple Changes:
1 - change) Change Legendary items to have a proportional quality level to their drop percentage. This means if a Legendary item drops once in 1000 magical drops (without modification), and a rare drops 1 in 100 magical drops, and a magic item drops once in 1 magic drop. Then Legendary items should be typically better than 999/1000 magic items, and 9/10 rares. Rares should likewise be better than 99/100 magic items. Right now, this is not the case (though you would likely need more statistically data than is possible from this end to prove that - but some simple AH searches seem to corroborate the data that this model is not being followed).

1 - expected effect) Legendary and rare items will now have a commiserate reward to their rarity, and thus carry a player through a longer period of time without a positive gear acquisition experience. In other words - a legendary item drop will be a large enough thrill , often enough, that it can keep a player going through a long dry spell.

2 - change) Increase the drop quality rate, or the effect of magic find to increase the number of rares (not as needed), and legendary items (needed).

2a - alternate change) Increase the general drop rate of magic items in general (quantity of drops, as opposed to quality)

2 - expected effect) an individual player will see more higher quality items which will increase his or her reward triggers. The goal would be to make it super likely (75%) to see a legendary drop in a full clear of a difficulty level for each player. In this way, legendaries would feel less impossible - but not be super common. This will make people want to farm more, and especially be willing to back farm (as number 1 will make them more valuable).

3 - change) Allow for a 'farm' mode of at least an act, if not a difficulty level to be available after you've cleared it at that difficulty. This would enable all waypoints, activate all events, but remove all quests from the act. You would be allowed to go anywhere and explore unrestricted - but still kill any bosses in the act, or complete events in the level.

3 - expected effect) it becomes less tedious and more interesting to back farm content for loot, emergent strategies for full speed clears would be interesting. This would allow for no change to the boss loot dropping strategy since boss runs would still not be the best way to do runs - but you could chain bosses in interesting ways for better loot.

4 - change) Allow for completed events, and resplendent chests, to add stacks of Nephalim Valor. You could do this in such a way that would be less than a champion clear (change Nehpalim valor to 15 stacks, have champions and uniques give 5 stacks, and an event clear or resplendent chest to give 2 stacks as a balancing example)

4 - expected change) This would give greater reward to actually exploring, and allow the existing aspects of the random maps to be more interesting to the players - rather than search for champions, then rush the boss. This varied play behavior will also prove to make back farming more enjoyable because of its variability.

5 - change) Huge surcharge on the gold AH. Like 50%. Add a cost to list an item equal to the vendor price of the item.

5 - expected change) This will cause prices to rise (because profits will be cut in half) and reduce the effectiveness of the AH from being the single best place to acquire loot upgrades. It is still a place to go, but since it becomes less effective as a place to sell - the prices go up, and the quantity of items goes down. This also creates a nice gold sink, and actively sends players to the more fun parts of the game to experience content. This would effectively double all reasonable pricing on the AH. As because there is a cost to list, the amount of redundant gear and content irrelevant gear will be reduced. It will also cause more salvaging (due to a lack of return on AH sales for subpar gear), which will indirectly make the blacksmith a more attractive option for gear upgrades.

6 - change) Add gems as a requirement or option to create gear from the blacksmith to force a main stat to be rolled on the item, and slightly reduce the cost of combines (say by the vendor price of the quality of gem in question)

6 - expected change) this will drastically improve the quality of items received from the blacksmith, and act as a gem sink in the game. But adding an emerald, as an example, to a recipe - it will force +dex on the item. This means the item created - while not necessarily optimal, will at least be usable in some form. This should be easily grokkable to the playerbase as the gems are already attuned each to one of the main stats.

These all would go a long way to helping the lack of positive game feedback in the loot system - shifting people towards playing for loot (as opposed to paying for loot) and legitimizing the blacksmith as a positive outlet for gear. While it won't make it any easier to get that "perfect item" that you are looking for - it will increase the amount of "good enough" items you want to see. I don't think that this strategy would drastically reduce the amount of maximum time spend to achieve a "completed" character.

One Radical idea I would try:

1 ) Create a new "NO AH" softcore mode, and increase drop rates in those games to compensate for that change.

1 - expected change) better for people who want to play Diablo as a single player experience and feel like buying equipment in the AH is "cheating" (regardless of whether or not you feel that way, how a player sees them self in the game and expresses themselves in the game is incredibly important). I creates a valid way to progress through the game for them that will be successful. Because the AH is technically required (as the game has been designed around its use, it is required), a mode to turn it off would help that player base feel more validated by the game.

Ok enough rambling.

Kreij

Senior Monkey Moderator
The servers are down because they are installing a 1.0.2a patch, not bandwidth issues.
I expect to see this pretty often as they have not gone live with either the RMAH or PVP.

System Name Norfree
Processor i5 3570k @4.4
Motherboard Gigabyte UD5H
Cooling 212 Evo
Memory 4x4GB Kingston 1600 @ 1833 9cl
Video Card(s) Sapphire Nitro Fury
Storage Corsair SSD, WD Black
Display(s) 1080p TV
Case Corsair 300-R
Audio Device(s) Auzentech Prelude > Fidelio X2s and AD-700s
Power Supply PCP&C Silent 950w
Software Win 10 Pro 64
I'd just like to see a "Bad luck so far" stat. Haven't found a legendary yet in 80 hours played? okay, we'll give you a small buff to finding one!

System Name CTG Computer
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 7600
Motherboard Asrock B650M PRO RS WIFI
Cooling Thermalright PA120 SE
Memory 2x 16gb G.SKILL F5-6000J3038F16GX2-FX5
Video Card(s) Gigabyte RX6800XT Gaming OC
Storage WD Black SN850X 2TB
Display(s) MAG274QRF-QD | Asus vg248qe
Case SAMA IM01
Audio Device(s) Creative SoundBlasterx G6
Power Supply Corsair SF750
Mouse Logitech G pro Wireless
Keyboard Corsair Strafe RGB MK2
Software Windows 11 Pro x64
I'd just like to see a "Bad luck so far" stat. Haven't found a legendary yet in 80 hours played? okay, we'll give you a small buff to finding one!

Didn't foudn either and I'm now 55 xD not that much yellow also.. a couple but not that much, but I,m getting alot of gems lol!

Case Corsiar 550
Audio Device(s) on board
Mouse Logitech G502
Memory G.SKILL Trident X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 1600mhz / 4GB DDR2 1066 (@800) Corsair Dominator
Storage 2x 80GB Intel X-25, 2x600gb SATA, 1x1tb 5400RPM storage /1x600GB, 3x500GB,1x160,1x120 SATA
Do you have any proof that is the case?

just from actually reading the words they posted instead of misreading them, which is what everyone else on battle.net seems to be doing. read what bashiok actually said and it's in line with my post as well.

Case Corsiar 550
Audio Device(s) on board
Mouse Logitech G502
just from actually reading the words they posted instead of misreading them, which is what everyone else on battle.net seems to be doing. read what bashiok actually said and it's in line with my post as well.

I did reed it and I dun learnt to reed wen i waz yung.

There is no substantial proof one way or the other. You have ZERO insight to Auction House/Diablo 3 code base. There is no proof one way or the other, yet...

It just makes sense Blizz would do this to control the econ, to control their revenue stream. I also saw the posts about how difficult and time consuming this would be for Blizz to do...It did take them 10+ years to release the game, that seems like plenty of time to synch the 2 together.

So let me put on my tinfoil hat...

I love this post on that thread- "It's a conspiracy man! They just don't want you to know man! Blizzard works for Anonymous/The Illuminati and they just want to keep you subdued and passive playing their heavily regulated game so you don't bother going outside to see whats REALLY going on."

Last edited:

AlienIsGOD

Vanguard Beta Tester
My kid playing D3 :D :D :D

314117_186736054786807_580055122_n.jpg

TheMailMan78

Big Member
System Name TheMailbox 5.0 / The Mailbox 4.5
Processor RYZEN 1700X / Intel i7 2600k @ 4.2GHz
Motherboard Fatal1ty X370 Gaming K4 / Gigabyte Z77X-UP5 TH Intel LGA 1155
Cooling MasterLiquid PRO 280 / Scythe Katana 4
Memory ADATA RGB 16GB DDR4 2666 16-16-16-39 / G.SKILL Sniper Series 16GB DDR3 1866: 9-9-9-24
Video Card(s) MSI 1080 "Duke" with 8Gb of RAM. Boost Clock 1847 MHz / ASUS 780ti
Storage 256Gb M4 SSD / 128Gb Agelity 4 SSD , 500Gb WD (7200)
Display(s) LG 29" Class 21:9 UltraWide® IPS LED Monitor 2560 x 1080 / Dell 27"
Case Cooler Master MASTERBOX 5t / Cooler Master 922 HAF
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1220 Audio Codec / SupremeFX X-Fi with Bose Companion 2 speakers.
Power Supply Seasonic FOCUS Plus Series SSR-750PX 750W Platinum / SeaSonic X Series X650 Gold
Mouse SteelSeries Sensei (RAW) / Logitech G5
Keyboard Razer BlackWidow / Logitech (Unknown)
Software Windows 10 Pro (64-bit)
Benchmark Scores Benching is for bitches.
Case Corsiar 550
Audio Device(s) on board
Mouse Logitech G502
System Name Staggered
Processor Intel i5 6600k (XSPC Rasa)
Motherboard Gigabyte Z170 Gaming K3
Cooling RX360 (3*Scythe GT1850) + RX240 (2*Scythe GT1850) + Laing D5 Vario (with EK X-Top V2)
Memory 2*8gb Team Group Dark @3000Mhz 16-16-16-36 1.25v
Video Card(s) Inno3D GTX 1070 HerculeZ
Storage 256gb Samsung 830 + 2*1tB Samsung F3 + 2*2tB Samsung F4EG
Display(s) Flatron W3000H 2560*1600
Case Cooler Master ATCS 840 + 1*120 GT1850 (exhaust) + 1*230 Spectre Pro + Lamptron FC2 (fan controller)
Power Supply Enermax Revolution 85+ 1250W
Child labour is the best kind of labour.

There is no substantial proof one way or the other. You have ZERO insight to Auction House/Diablo 3 code base. There is no proof one way or the other, yet...

I can totally agree - we are both taking a generally vague statement and giving what we believe is the most obvious interpretation of it. i wouldn't say for a second that Blizzard isn't capable/wouldn't do what you are suggesting - I am just saying the quoted statement by Bashiok if interpreted as is (without a tin-foil hat mindset) , in no way hints that they WILL do what you are suggesting.

I am talking about that specific statement, not what measures Blizzard is capable of, especially after becoming Blizzavision... if I were talking about the latter, i'd likely agree with you :)

Kreij

Senior Monkey Moderator
What TS/Vent servers do you guys use for D3?