1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Diablo III Looks Lame (Visually)

Discussion in 'Games' started by Ravenas, Jul 3, 2008.

1. tigger

tigger I'm the only one

Thanks Received:
    I watched the video,and was quite impressed.Its diablo,i'm not really arsed what it looks like as long as the gameplay follows the diablo vein.

10 Year Member at TPU
  2. zaqwsx

zaqwsx

Thanks Received:
    Got 4 people + me to sign THE RAISES AND PRAISES FOR THE DIABLO 3 DEVELOPEMENT TEAM PETITION.

10 Year Member at TPU
  3. cooler

cooler New Member

Thanks Received:
    it does look a bit like wow

4. Conti027

Conti027

Thanks Received:
    I dont like how everything they make is starting to look like WoW. just cause its going good doesnt mean everything needs to be like it.

10 Year Member at TPU
  5. FatForester New Member

Thanks Received:
    I used to read that magazine, and the Vede is usually right about things. If they made it the exact same, then people would complain it's just like the original. If they change it, people get pissy. I say let them do what they wish. If people don't like it no one's stopping them from playing the originals again.

ShadowFold says thanks.
    10 Year Member at TPU
  6. vexen

vexen

Thanks Received:
    Anyone complaining will probably still buy the game. And play as much as if they changed anything.

I think that what we saw was the first parts of the game, being still peaceful.

10 Year Member at TPU
  7. Grasshopper New Member

Thanks Received:
    I sign the Raises and Praises for the Diablo3 Dev team petition becouse noone realy said "Thanks for the good work and for the great game you are making."

And I realy would like some one to show me how exactly Diablo3 looks like WoW? D3 is a bit brighter than D2 and D1, but we saw just few min of gameplay and the art style have nothing to do with WoW.

If I was from the Dev Team I'll be realy pissed right now becouse of thos 20 000 - 30 000 out of few million fans.

Ripper3 says thanks.
    10 Year Member at TPU
  8. Easy Rhino

Easy Rhino Linux Advocate

Thanks Received:
    this is the diablo franchise, not crysis. kids these days want all flash and no substance. blizzards focus has ALWAYS been on gameplay, i.e interesting/balanced characters, involved maps, cool items and spells. this is what they do best and they sell millions upon millions of copies of games. it will work, trust them!

mon74 and ShadowFold say thanks.
    10 Year Member at TPU
  9. DaedalusHelios

DaedalusHelios

Thanks Received:
    Looks good for that kind of game. I am more into a close up perspective. Lets hope it isn't as buggy as Hellgate London though. I loved Hellgate London, until it kept glitching all over the place.

10. Darknova

Darknova

Thanks Received:
    +1

Maybe by neglecting the graphics engine they can focus on bringing new features, better gameplay, and a bigger backstory.

Remember the days of Baldurs Gate, Diablo 1 and 2, Icewind Dale etc. etc.? Those were the days of 60+ hour campaigns, with 20+ hour expansion packs, where you played at 640x480 and didn't understand what Bloom was. Where story took precedent over stupid graphic "technologies" that blur the horizon into nothingness, and make everything look like it's been through the "Shine-o-matic" 12,000 times.

*sigh* for the days of true gaming.

Ripper3 says thanks.
    10 Year Member at TPU
  11. TheGoat Eater

TheGoat Eater

Thanks Received:
    geez flame much LOL - lemme guess you liek console games like marble blast:laugh::slap:

12. Darknova

Darknova

Thanks Received:
    You talking to me?

10 Year Member at TPU
  13. TheGoat Eater

TheGoat Eater

Thanks Received:
    No to OP for making such a flame worthy title for a thread :laugh::slap:

Correct me if I am wrong but the Diablo franchise was never about eyecandy and more about gameplay value :toast:... very deep at that... random dungeons, expansive maps, and for me exhaustive gameplay (like crack for me:D) I remember I could play it on a mediocre machine and was happy... I know it has come a long way since then as graphics go and critiquing a game tha tis possible 1 1/2year away from going gold is just stupid to cry about... those who can't do ... what? complain maybe? :confused: IDK about what should be used there not "teach" I know... at least we have the pleasure to see the franchise again (and it look way better than Diablo 2 IMHO, which is all I ask for...gameplay wise )

In essence isn't this like demonstrating at a rally for something that won't happen for 1 1/2 year most likely?:p:rolleyes:

Got me ranting geez - I thought I had no life working in front of my computer :D but if I had a horadric cube I would use it tomake something to lay the smack down on the weak minded ( no not the handicapped)

14. Darknova

Darknova

Thanks Received:
    Games back in those days didn't have the technology to make graphics as well as they can now a days, so they relied soley on the story line. They wanted a story line people would remember for decades, and still want to come back and play (I still play Baldurs Gate), but it's now all about the graphics because of the short attention span of this generations youth.

10 Year Member at TPU
  15. TheGoat Eater

TheGoat Eater

Thanks Received:
    OK I got it - those who can't make art critique it

I know I remember the days that atari kept me entertained ( i love/d qbert) and I was happy and didn't say ... hey they really took this art direction the wrong way th green areas scould be more of a blue shade :nutkick::D:laugh:

16. vexen

vexen

Thanks Received:
    Let me know, you will play a game for 7-8 years because it has good graphics? There always were games with obselete graphics, in every generation.

About games in the likes of Crysis, FEAR, Bioshock, Prey, has anyone played those for more than 10 hours? At 30$, that's 3$/hour.

Considering i bough Diablo II Battlechest for 60$ in 2001 and played way over 1000 hours, that's 0.06$/hour.

Truly good games do not emphasis exclusively on the graphics or on the gameplay. And Diablo 3 does it good.

There are still some good games being released today, but we seem to be lacking some serious gameplay.

DonInKansas says thanks.
    10 Year Member at TPU
  17. Basard

Basard

Thanks Received:
    they should just keep it 2d... god... supposedly it plays just like diablo2, except now you have to press 1-6 or something for your skills, instead of F1-F8...

Titan Quest looks more like Diablo 3 should look than Diablo 3, thats kinda lame. If titan quest had a teleport skill, and better online play, it would have rocked.

10 Year Member at TPU Crunching for Team TPU
  18. vexen

vexen

Thanks Received:
    I have my hotkeys set as E (teleport), ASDFGHJKL (attacking spells), Z (town portal), XCVBN (supportive buffs).

I have not played Titan Quest, but I think it will be forgotten real fast.

10 Year Member at TPU
  19. magibeg

magibeg

Thanks Received:
    Watching the videos and such it looks like it would have a feel very similar to what diablo already has but much more epic. And theres some BIG monsters. Makes you feel tougher when you're fighting something huge ;)

10 Year Member at TPU
  20. Ravenas

Ravenas

Thanks Received:
    Updated the total signatures for each petition.

10 Year Member at TPU
  21. Polarman

Polarman New Member

Thanks Received:
    A wee bit too early for those remarks on how it looks now. We have to wait to see how it will be when it's due.

22. DonInKansas

DonInKansas

Thanks Received:
    I find it hilarious that the people griping about the graphics would probably gripe even louder if they had kept the graphics similar to the old Diablo/D2.

"You haven't come out with a Diablo for 7 years and this is all we got? These graphics suck ass!"

Can't make everybody happy. Blizzard knows what they're doing. Keep on keepin' on, fellas and ladies.

23. AsRock

AsRock TPU addict

Thanks Received:
    So true cannot make everyone happy, i guess it's a case like it or lump it.

In the end for those who don't like it OMG they have not even finished the game yet lol..

24. Ravenas

Ravenas

Thanks Received:
    10 Year Member at TPU
  25. fairytale00 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Anyway I am still expecting to see that Diablo 3, I saw some introductions for it are quite nice.