• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Diagnosing Ping spikes in League of Legends?

System Name Red Giant
Processor Intel Core i7-12700K
Motherboard MSI Pro Z690
Cooling Corsair H100i elite
Memory Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB
Video Card(s) MSI 4070TI Super
Storage 960 GB Sandisk SSD
Display(s) 27 inch Predator 144 hz 2k
Case CoolerMaster HAF X
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Corsair AX1200
Mouse Logitech G502 Hero
Keyboard Corsair K95 Platinum
Software Windows 11 Pro
So around a year ago i upgraded my internet from a 3mbs connection to a 10mbs connection and recently with no hardware changes I have been noticing a general ping spike while I am gaming whenever my mother opens nearly any webpage on her laptop. This issue did not occur when we were on a 3mbs connection and for the life of me I have not been able to diagnose the source of this current problem and would appreciate some advice. Short of her not using the internet at all I have found no way to stop this from occurring.

- My desktop is wired directly to the router and she is running on wireless. All of my drivers are up to date and any driver changes do not seem to be the cause of this issue.
- I am not experiencing packet loss or any detriments to my non-gaming internet experience when she is also online.
- QOS priorities are configured to optimize my desktop connection and minimize her wireless connection.
- I have installed both adblock plus and an HTML blocker that prevents any audio/video from immediately playing or buffering on any page she visits and it has had no effect.
- Modem and router firmware is up to date as well.
- Speedtest and pingtest are also well within normal limits.

At this point I am stumped and hope some more experienced minds might have some insight for me.

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Processor AMD FX 8350@ 5.0GHz
Motherboard Asus TUF 990FX Sabertooth R2 2901 Bios
Cooling Scythe Ashura, 2×BitFenix 230mm Spectre Pro LED (Blue,Green), 2x BitFenix 140mm Spectre Pro LED
Memory 16 GB Gskill Ripjaws X 2133 (2400 OC, 10-10-12-20-20, 1T, 1.65V)
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon 290 Sapphire Vapor-X
Storage Samsung 840 Pro 256GB, WD Velociraptor 1TB
Display(s) NEC Multisync LCD 1700V (Display Port Adapter)
Case AeroCool Xpredator Evil Blue Edition
Audio Device(s) Creative Labs Sound Blaster ZxR
Power Supply Seasonic 1250 XM2 Series (XP3)
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
Keyboard Roccat Ryos MK Pro
Software Windows 7 Pro 64
Looks like a twisted pair/telco isp,

You might be a little far from the dslam/central office, could have a bridgetap/metallic fault.

Did they tell you were put on a bonded pair?

The network is like this, modem/ jack,inside wiring, nid, drop, terminal, crossbox, dslam-RT (remote terminal) or dslam-CO (Central office).

Call your isp and complain you are having major quality issues.

Sometimes the cards in the dslam need replacement too.

See if a 6 Mbps connection resolves the issue