• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Diamond Viper X1900XT

Urlyin

I still do pencil mods
A while ago the Diamond Viper X1900XT was the lowest priced X1900XT card from all manufacturers and is still one of the lowest priced cards available today. Diamond Multimedia has produced modems, sound cards and MP3 players. One of the first consumer MP3 players ever was called the Rio PMP300. They have since sold their MP3 player line, but still offer a range of multimedia products. In this review we'll take a look at this X1900XT offering from Diamond Multimedia along with some basic X1900XT functionality and overclocking tips.

Show full review

Last edited by a moderator:

Marioace

very very very good review.

one of the most complete review that i've ever read.

congrats for the reviewer

t_ski

Former Staff
System Name My i7 Beast
Processor Intel Core i7 6800K
Motherboard Asus X99-A II
Cooling Nickel-plated EK Supremacy EVO, D5 with XSPC Bayres & BIX Quad Radiator
Memory 4 x 8GB EVGA SuperSC DDR4-3200
Video Card(s) EVGA 1080 SuperClocked
Storage Samsung 950 Pro 256GB m.2 SSD + 480GB Sandisk storage SSD
Display(s) Three Asus 24" VW246H LCD's
Case Silverstone TJ07
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Corsair AX1200
Keyboard Corsair K95
Software Windows 10 x64 Pro
Great job to both of you. And just in time, as my X1900XT arrived today ;)

System Name Air Cooled Caselabs BH8
Processor Intel Coffee Lake 8700K @ 4.7
Motherboard MSI Gaming M5
Cooling Noctua D15s, 5x 140mm Noctua Chromax, 1x 120mm Noctua Chromax, 2x 80mm Noctua fans
Memory G. Skill Trident Z RGB series 3200mhz
Video Card(s) ASUS STRIX GTX 1080
Storage Samsung EVO 840 250gb SSD, Samung EVO PRO 256gb SSD, 2 TB WD Black Edition HDD.
Display(s) 24" Asus Gaming ROG 144hz
Case Black Caselabs BH8
Power Supply 850w EVGA SuperNOVA G2 Gold PSU with individually sleeved black cables
Mouse Logitech Wireless G403
Keyboard Corsair Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
Software Windows 10
t_ski said:
Great job to both of you. And just in time, as my X1900XT arrived today ;)

Tell us how it is.

passionne

Catalyst 6.4 works with ATI Tool 0.25 beta 14 ?

It is a very interesting article.

How did you make ATI Tool 0.25 beta 14 work with Catalyst 6.4 ?

Indeed, I am forced to use Catalyst 6.3 version only since, with all newer versions (6.4 to 6.6), the GPU and memory clocks are automatically reverted to 2D ones when I launch a game.

And I have another question : when I launch a game (except F.E.A.R.), the GPU and memory clocks remain at 2D frequencies whereas I applied 3D profile when a 3D application is launched and 2D profile for 2D applications (3D detection menu in ATI Tool). Consequently, when I launch a game, the 2 frequencies should change form 2D to 3D values. That only works with F.E.A.R. This problem is solved by manually choosing 3D frequencies before playing.

Did you encounter this problem ? If not, would you know why such symptoms occur ?

Thanks.

Urlyin

I still do pencil mods
passionne said:
It is a very interesting article.

How did you make ATI Tool 0.25 beta 14 work with Catalyst 6.4 ?

Indeed, I am forced to use Catalyst 6.3 version only since, with all newer versions (6.4 to 6.6), the GPU and memory clocks are automatically reverted to 2D ones when I launch a game.

And I have another question : when I launch a game (except F.E.A.R.), the GPU and memory clocks remain at 2D frequencies whereas I applied 3D profile when a 3D application is launched and 2D profile for 2D applications (3D detection menu in ATI Tool). Consequently, when I launch a game, the 2 frequencies should change form 2D to 3D values. That only works with F.E.A.R. This problem is solved by manually choosing 3D frequencies before playing.

Did you encounter this problem ? If not, would you know why such symptoms occur ?

Thanks.

First the ATITool Beta Area and Bug Reports threads are going to be the best place to ask questions...
I didn't have any trouble running the 3d clocks using ATITool with Cat 6.4 and I did test the 3d profile with FEAR and did not have the same issues as you. It would appear that some people are having issues where others are not... I will test on another system other than the one I used in the review to see if the issues you have become apparent...

Urlyin

I still do pencil mods
Passionne... I installed CAT 6.6 on the benchmark system used in the review and on a DFI mobo... I was able to use ATITool to set 3D clocks and profile, the only issue I had was when playing FEAR, I went to Graphic options and when it did "Detecting Memory" for the video card I lost Fan control, so it maybe in the way FEAR wants to detect the video card for auto settings... I was not able to reproduce your error, have you tried to set the 3d clocks without using a profile? Do you have your profile to set back to 2D clocks? Maybe uncheck return to 2D from the profile and test...