• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Did Intel ever follow through on promise to bring FreeSync to igpu?

Space Lynx

Astronaut
Just curious. I know a couple years ago, maybe 3? Intel said they were going to bring FreeSync to their integrated graphics, so when I build my 8700k rig next week, will I be able to enable FreeSync with it? (my monitor supports it)

Benchmark Scores Faster than yours... I'd bet on it. :)
I recall that being Active Sync Support, not AMD's Freesync...?

I haven't heard much since that mention either. You can check and see reviews of the latest iGPU and see though...?

System Name Senile
Processor I7-4790K@4.8 GHz 24/7
Motherboard MSI Z97-G45 Gaming
Cooling Be Quiet Pure Rock Air
Memory 16GB 4x4 G.Skill CAS9 2133 Sniper
Video Card(s) GIGABYTE Vega 64
Storage Samsung EVO 500GB / 8 Different WDs / QNAP TS-253 8GB NAS with 2x10Tb WD Blue
Display(s) 34" LG 34CB88-P 21:9 Curved UltraWide QHD (3440*1440) *FREE_SYNC*
Case Rosewill
Audio Device(s) Onboard + HD HDMI
Power Supply Corsair HX750
Mouse Logitech G5
Keyboard Corsair Strafe RGB & G610 Orion Red
Software Win 10
Active Sync Support, not AMD's Freesync...?

Not sure if you meant "Adaptive Sync" - that's what AMD is using, in the DP 1.2a spec, and calling it Free Sync

Intel said in 2015 they would be supporting Adaptive Sync HERE ...can't find anything about if they actually did start supporting it. :confused:

System Name Senile
Processor I7-4790K@4.8 GHz 24/7
Motherboard MSI Z97-G45 Gaming
Cooling Be Quiet Pure Rock Air
Memory 16GB 4x4 G.Skill CAS9 2133 Sniper
Video Card(s) GIGABYTE Vega 64
Storage Samsung EVO 500GB / 8 Different WDs / QNAP TS-253 8GB NAS with 2x10Tb WD Blue
Display(s) 34" LG 34CB88-P 21:9 Curved UltraWide QHD (3440*1440) *FREE_SYNC*
Case Rosewill
Audio Device(s) Onboard + HD HDMI
Power Supply Corsair HX750
Mouse Logitech G5
Keyboard Corsair Strafe RGB & G610 Orion Red
Software Win 10
Follow up... bummer. I'm looking up coffee Lake now.

"Kaby Lake will use the same basic execution pipeline as Skylake before it, and the guts of its Gen9 integrated graphics processor are also basically identical to what arrived with Skylake. In conversations with Intel, I confirmed we're not getting any kind of FreeSync or VESA Adaptive-Sync support with this generation of chips, either."

https://techreport.com/review/30587/intel-kaby-lake-cpus-revealed

Edit... can't find anything definitive for Coffee Lake, just chatter

Space Lynx

Astronaut
Intel, staying communicative with the community as always. Thanks for your help everyone, lol. I was only curious, not a big deal either way, just would have been nice feature is all while I wait on GPU silliness craze to calm down price wise.

D

Deleted member 67555

Microcenter is selling video cards at roughly $100 over MSRP... Which is about a $275 savings over Newegg for a GTX 1070ti..
But if you buy the CPU ($30 cheaper than Newegg any model) with a compatible mobo you get an additional $30 off (now $60 less than Newegg) and the prices of mobos are about $10 less than Newegg..(up to $70 less)
Then you find the memory you want at Newegg that microcenter also sells and have a manager go online confirm the price so he can give you a print out to take up front for price matching.
Then pick out your storage solution. (microcenter beats Newegg prices on storage by roughly 10% and more for Samsung )
And voila! Which leaves you about 11% over cost from where it really should be.

Space Lynx

Astronaut
Microcenter is selling video cards at roughly $100 over MSRP... Which is about a $275 savings over Newegg for a GTX 1070ti..
But if you buy the CPU ($30 cheaper than Newegg any model) with a compatible mobo you get an additional $30 off (now $60 less than Newegg) and the prices of mobos are about $10 less than Newegg..(up to $70 less)
Then you find the memory you want at Newegg that microcenter also sells and have a manager go online confirm the price so he can give you a print out to take up front for price matching.
Then pick out your storage solution. (microcenter beats Newegg prices on storage by roughly 10% and more for Samsung )
And voila! Which leaves you about 11% over cost from where it really should be.

link please... im still seeing super high prices and cant find their "bundles" page

D

Deleted member 67555

Video card prices were simply reduced...
No more getting them at MSRP with the purchase of the rest of a build... Confirmed that this morning by phone call.
http://www.microcenter.com/category/4294966937/Video-Cards
As far as CPU mobo bundle... Any CPU gets a $30 bundle discount with a compatible motherboard...
Price matching is location based... Not all microcenters do price matching.. But the one in Mayfield Heights does. (Lucky me)

http://www.microcenter.com/site/brands/intel-processor-bundles.aspx

http://www.microcenter.com/site/products/amd_bundles.aspx

Again... Roughly $100 over MSRP
http://www.microcenter.com/product/..._AERO_8G_Single-Fan_8GB_GDDR5_PCIe_Video_Card

Last edited by a moderator:

Space Lynx

Astronaut
I'm in no rush. I am just going to wait on GTX 2080 this summer. As long as I am quick on Nvidias official store page, I might get lucky. If not then I will try again later or when 2080 Ti launch day. I have a fiber optic internet connection 1 gig down and 300 up. 3ms latency. Really enjoying playing Playstation Now on my PC, lot of PS4 and PS3 games I want, and not having any issues playing them on Integrated Graphics. ^^