• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Did KB5008353 break FIVR control?

System Name Dell G3 15 3500
Processor Intel i7-10750H
Memory Kingston KKRVFX-MIE 8GB x2
Video Card(s) Nvidia GTX 1660 Ti Mobile, Intel UHD Graphics
I'm on Windows 11 Pro 21H2 22000.469 and after the January 25, 2022—KB5008353 update, my laptop seems a lot warmer than usual. After investigating, I saw that all FIVR offsets has been reset to +0.0, I tried reconfiguring ThrottleStop but the offsets won't get applied.
Does anyone know what is causing this and a fix?

Attachments

• f1.png
    f1.png
    289.8 KB · Views: 83
  • f2.png
    f2.png
    289.4 KB · Views: 81

unclewebb

ThrottleStop & RealTemp Author
Windows 11 has some virtualization features that can prevent ThrottleStop from accessing the CPU voltage control register. Both of your screenshots confirm that ThrottleStop is definitely not working correctly.

Open up Windows Features. Disable Hyper-V, Virtual Machine Platform and Windows Hypervisor Platform. Also make sure Core Isolation - Memory Integrity is disabled. If you need to run WSL2 then you are out of luck. WSL2 blocks CPU voltage control in Windows 11. There is nothing I can do about this. Microsoft is Microsoft. Windows 11 is all about safety first. Some users have to disable the VT or VM virtualization option in the BIOS too.

When you are finished disabling all of this stuff, delete the ThrottleStop.INI configuration file before running ThrottleStop.

System Name Dell G3 15 3500
Processor Intel i7-10750H
Memory Kingston KKRVFX-MIE 8GB x2
Video Card(s) Nvidia GTX 1660 Ti Mobile, Intel UHD Graphics
Windows 11 has some virtualization features that can prevent ThrottleStop from accessing the CPU voltage control register. Both of your screenshots confirm that ThrottleStop is definitely not working correctly.

Open up Windows Features. Disable Hyper-V, Virtual Machine Platform and Windows Hypervisor Platform. Also make sure Core Isolation - Memory Integrity is disabled. If you need to run WSL2 then you are out of luck. WSL2 blocks CPU voltage control in Windows 11. There is nothing I can do about this. Microsoft is Microsoft. Windows 11 is all about safety first. Some users have to disable the VT or VM virtualization option in the BIOS too.

When you are finished disabling all of this stuff, delete the ThrottleStop.INI configuration file before running ThrottleStop.
Thank you. I was having Virtual Machine Platform turned on, I did that when I installed Windows Subsystem for Android.
FIVR Control is working fine now.