• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Disable integrated VGA

System Name Red Radiance l under construction
Processor 5800x
Motherboard x470 taichi
Cooling stock wrath
Memory TridentZ Neo rgb 3600mhz (2x8 kit)
Video Card(s) Sapphire Vega 64 nitro+
Storage 970 evo nvme
Display(s) lc27g75tq
Case tt core x5 tge
Audio Device(s) sennheiser's pc323d usb soundcard
Power Supply corsair AX860i
Mouse roccat burst pro
Keyboard roccat ryos mk fx
Software windows 10
Should just be a case of installing the PCI-E card and setting the primary display in your BIOS, then saving.
6 post about change init display settings and you ask if it is setting primary display in bios?! yes you read whole thread, right?
It is different from bios to bios, so maybe this setting is quite evasive on this particular version.
5-6 posts about where to find init display setting in bios (including photo and quote from user manual), op found it set it up as he was advised, and you are still talking about evasive settings in bios!?
Does the card's fan turn on when you boot up?
OP said card is working and you ask him if fan turn on boot. he is good enough to find hidden menu in gigabyte bios yet you doubt he can clarify if fan is spinning?
Is the card designed for a higher PCI-E version? If so then you may just be unlucky, and that it doesn't work properly in backward-compatibility (I'd imagine it would be acknowledged though).
ati X1*** designed for higher pci-e!? backward-compatibility!? with what? agp?
try wikipedia.

From what I can gather it wasn't known if the card was even being detected, which I would imagine would have been displayed during POST if the BIOS was set up to display this information. I was trying to be useful at a time when the original poster had accepted that he wasn't going to get this card working on this particular motherboard. I do not believe I was causing any problems, and your opinion that I was simply trying to increase my post count is rather rude and uncalled for, as well as being far from the truth.

Perhaps you should work on your literacy skills before accusing others of lacking knowledge?

Cheerio.

op lost 2-3h to fix this issue with the hlep of 2-3 ppl here and when things are already clear, you go back at the begging and ask for bios settings and if card working with meaningless post that shows either you havent read anything between 1st and 18th post or you are just posting for count. cant call that helpful.

ps my literacy skills are shown in the way i like. i doubt you can teach me something in this field.

Last edited:
posting in an epic thread

where did you test the card to know that it works? is it actually booting or does your case not have a speaker to alert you that the gfx card is stuck on POST? (could a weak psu do this?)

System Name Red Radiance l under construction
Processor 5800x
Motherboard x470 taichi
Cooling stock wrath
Memory TridentZ Neo rgb 3600mhz (2x8 kit)
Video Card(s) Sapphire Vega 64 nitro+
Storage 970 evo nvme
Display(s) lc27g75tq
Case tt core x5 tge
Audio Device(s) sennheiser's pc323d usb soundcard
Power Supply corsair AX860i
Mouse roccat burst pro
Keyboard roccat ryos mk fx
Software windows 10

where did you test the card to know that it works? is it actually booting or does your case not have a speaker to alert you that the gfx card is stuck on POST? (could a weak psu do this?)

well my guess is that it has died in some point back in time and someone swapped to build in vga so that grandparents doest have to waste money on new card. since card's fan spin op think card works and from troubleshooting yesterday only possibility left is dead pcie slot.
to test slot op has to get other card (or put that old ati in other pc).
i doubt reason could be weak psu cause card has no video signal at all. weak psu would cause troubles under load but post, bios and browsing would be possible.

Last edited:

rebirth

System Name LOL
Processor Intel I7 2600k @ 4.5ghz
Motherboard Asus P67 Pro
Cooling Corsair closedloop water cooler
Memory 16 GB (4x4) Corsair 1600mhz
Video Card(s) GTX 470
Storage SSD's and standard HDDs (RAID)
Display(s) 2 x 24 inch + 42 inch HDTV (only use one monitor for games though)
Case Akasa Mirage (a good few years old)
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar D1
Power Supply Corsair 850 watt
Software Win 7 64bit Ultimate
Benchmark Scores It boots up faster than the time it takes to even put the kettle on. :(
you go back at the begging and ask for bios settings and if card working with meaningless post

I don't recall begging for anything. I simply came here when I too had a problem and was polite to everyone I met.

ps my literacy skills are shown in the way i like. i doubt you can teach me something in this field.

So you object to others offering something based on their own experiences, and instead of simply ignoring it decided to arrogantly insult me for no reason. I wasn't here to teach you anything, and wasn't even responding to you until I decided to show how rude you have been.

As for the field of how to set a BIOS setting and determine if a card is dead or not, I can't say that I am an expert. I simply work on my own PCs and haven't handled every piece of hardware out there. However, I still find your posts towards me rude and somewhat hard to read due to your poor grammar.

Are they all like this on here? I thought technical forums were friendly places. ::rolleyes:

Last edited:

rebirth

System Name LOL
Processor Intel I7 2600k @ 4.5ghz
Motherboard Asus P67 Pro
Cooling Corsair closedloop water cooler
Memory 16 GB (4x4) Corsair 1600mhz
Video Card(s) GTX 470
Storage SSD's and standard HDDs (RAID)
Display(s) 2 x 24 inch + 42 inch HDTV (only use one monitor for games though)
Case Akasa Mirage (a good few years old)
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar D1
Power Supply Corsair 850 watt
Software Win 7 64bit Ultimate
Benchmark Scores It boots up faster than the time it takes to even put the kettle on. :(

POST would be the first place I checked. However, I do have an old p35 motherboard with a blown PCI slot. The motherboard would beep like crazy if anything was plugged into it.