• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Divinity II:The Dragon Knight Saga in 3D + Narration

Recostar

Processor Q6600
Motherboard P5E
Cooling Mudgen
Memory 2 gB os ocz
Video Card(s) BFG GTX260 MaXCore
Storage 7200RPM
Display(s) Samsung 2233RZ 3D monitor
Audio Device(s) Blaster -Xtreme
Power Supply 700 Watt OC
Hey guys,

Hopefully your able to see the video in 3D. I know 3D TV's and monitors are still trying to penetrate the market, similar to how my wife penetrates into my wallet, so I know the majority of you won't be able to see the video the way it was intended to be seen , In full 3D.

Maybe you have played the game in 3D or maybe not, either way I would still be interested in your thoughts about the game itself. The video showed only the demo, so unfortunately I can't make a fair assessment of the game. I have come to be very cautions of game reviews from "Professional " reviewers on gaming sites , so I wanted to get the opinion of actual gamers.

Here's the link to the video : Divinity II:The Dragon Knight Saga in 3D Video

Thanks ,
Recostar

P.S No bunny's were harmed in the making of this video.

Last edited:

AsRock

TPU addict
Processor AMD 3900X \ AMD 7700X
Motherboard ASRock AM4 X570 Pro 4 \ ASUS X670Xe TUF
Cooling D15
Memory Patriot 2x16GB PVS432G320C6K \ G.Skill Flare X5 F5-6000J3238F 2x16GB
Video Card(s) eVga GTX1060 SSC \ XFX RX 6950XT RX-695XATBD9
Storage Sammy 860, MX500, Sabrent Rocket 4 Sammy Evo 980 \ 1xSabrent Rocket 4+, Sammy 2x990 Pro
Display(s) Samsung 1080P \ LG 43UN700
Case Fractal Design Pop Air 2x140mm fans from Torrent \ Fractal Design Torrent 2 SilverStone FHP141x2
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V677 \ Yamaha CX-830+Yamaha MX-630 Infinity RS4000\Paradigm P Studio 20, Blue Yeti
Power Supply Seasonic Prime TX-750 \ Corsair RM1000X Shift
Mouse Steelseries Sensei wireless \ Steelseries Sensei wireless
Keyboard Logitech K120 \ Wooting Two HE
Benchmark Scores Meh benchmarks.
Never played it in 3D and probably never will due to lack of interest to 3D. But i have compleated the game some time back and for the most part enjoyed playing and if they bring out a new one i'll probably get it.

When i 1st played the demo i was kinda on a rebound of NWN2 ( had played though it once again ). And the demo did not take at all and decided against the game.

How ever about 4-6 months later looking for a new game to play i tried the demo again and really enjoyed it for the things that made it not like NWN2.

The things that piss me off more with DnD is the fact if you dodge or not your going to get hit were with this it's more like DA2\witcher 2 because ya can get ya ass out of the way and at the time was just enjoying this part that it encouraged me playing it.

When the demo was finished i got the whole Divinity 2 package and if i can say any thing negative was it was like going though those Oblivion portals very tedious by being very repetitive were it was same or near the same all the time. If there was some thing else it would have to be invisible walls while being the dragon making you think they wall was to soon. The story was not all that either as i though it it was not all that well placed in the game.

However i did really enjoy playing the game and have no regret spending $40 on it. The game can be pretty difficult at time and think normal is the best setting without boring the player to much.

Just if they made it less repetitive when attacking enemy places would of made this a much better game to me..

Did you play the demo ?.. try it and give it a chance as it's not all that bad of a game. And how i played was being a archer although i did use sword and shield as well when i had found them.. Dunno what it was but i did end up playing it for 99 hours lol.

Last edited:

Recostar

Processor Q6600
Motherboard P5E
Cooling Mudgen
Memory 2 gB os ocz
Storage 7200RPM
Power Supply 700 Watt OC
Never played it in 3D and probably never will due to lack of interest to 3D. But i have compleated the game some time back and for the most part enjoyed playing and if they bring out a new one i'll probably get it.

When i 1st played the demo i was kinda on a rebound of NWN2 ( had played though it once again ). And the demo did not take at all and decided against the game.

How ever about 4-6 months later looking for a new game to play i tried the demo again and really enjoyed it for the things that made it not like NWN2.

The things that piss me off more with DnD is the fact if you dodge or not your going to get hit were with this it's more like DA2\witcher 2 because ya can get ya ass out of the way and at the time was just enjoying this part that it encouraged me playing it.

When the demo was finished i got the whole Divinity 2 package and if i can say any thing negative was it was like going though those Oblivion portals very tedious by being very repetitive were it was same or near the same all the time. If there was some thing else it would have to be invisible walls while being the dragon making you think they wall was to soon. The story was not all that either as i though it it was not all that well placed in the game.

However i did really enjoy playing the game and have no regret spending $40 on it. The game can be pretty difficult at time and think normal is the best setting without boring the player to much.

Just if they made it less repetitive when attacking enemy places would of made this a much better game to me..

Did you play the demo ?.. try it and give it a chance as it's not all that bad of a game. And how i played was being a archer although i did use sword and shield as well when i had found them.. Dunno what it was but i did end up playing it for 99 hours lol.

Thank you for taking the time to write such an insightful and detailed perspective of the game. The video was of the demo which I played and Unfortunately It only takes you so far then you end up not being able to leave the area. There are a couple things you have already mentioned that I felt the same way about too. I was hoping that the full version would have cleared up some of those issues.

I found that it was also very repetitive and the combat felt like a step backwards from traditional RPG's like Oblivion. Fighting was clunky and had such a rinse and repeat structure that combat got boring very fast. Things got a little bit better when I started to play around with the spells, but even the spells are the same as ever other RPG out there. I didn't see any real innovation in the game but for $40 i thinks its worth a buy.

Its a good piece of entertainment and it may not be a Home run in all its aspects but its over all a well rounded game.

Again, Thanks you for your thoughts on the game , I really do appreciate it. Some of these "professional" game reviewers some times make me question there perspectives, so it's nice to hear it from a real gamer.

System Name It's just a computer
Processor i9-9900K Direct Die
Motherboard eVGA Z390 Dark
Cooling Dual D5T Vario, XSPC BayRes, Nemesis GTR560, NF-A14-iPPC3000PWM, NF-A14-iPPC2000, HK IV Pro Nickel
Memory G.Skill F4-4500C19D-16GTZKKE or G.Skill F4-3600C16D-16GTZ or G.Skill F4-4000C19D-32GTZSW
Video Card(s) eVGA RTX2080 FTW3 Ultra
Storage Samsung 960 EVO M.2
Display(s) LG 32GK650F
Case Thermaltake Xaser VI
Audio Device(s) Auzentech X-Meridian 7.1 2G/Z-5500
Power Supply Seasonic Prime PX-1300
Mouse Logitech
Keyboard Logitech
Software Win7 Ultimate x64 SP1
I enjoyed it.

In my opinion, this game has the best combat system.

Recostar

Processor Q6600
Motherboard P5E
Cooling Mudgen
Memory 2 gB os ocz
Storage 7200RPM
Power Supply 700 Watt OC
I enjoyed it.

In my opinion, this game has the best combat system.

I'm glad that you found the combat system to be so good.
Did you play the demo ? if you did, could you tell me if there's a different between the two and the way the combat is structured in the full game versus the demo?

Thanks for the feed back : )

AsRock

TPU addict
Cooling D15
Storage Sammy 860, MX500, Sabrent Rocket 4 Sammy Evo 980 \ 1xSabrent Rocket 4+, Sammy 2x990 Pro
Case Fractal Design Pop Air 2x140mm fans from Torrent \ Fractal Design Torrent 2 SilverStone FHP141x2
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V677 \ Yamaha CX-830+Yamaha MX-630 Infinity RS4000\Paradigm P Studio 20, Blue Yeti
Thank you for taking the time to write such an insightful and detailed perspective of the game. The video was of the demo which I played and Unfortunately It only takes you so far then you end up not being able to leave the area. There are a couple things you have already mentioned that I felt the same way about too. I was hoping that the full version would have cleared up some of those issues.

I found that it was also very repetitive and the combat felt like a step backwards from traditional RPG's like Oblivion. Fighting was clunky and had such a rinse and repeat structure that combat got boring very fast. Things got a little bit better when I started to play around with the spells, but even the spells are the same as ever other RPG out there. I didn't see any real innovation in the game but for $40 i thinks its worth a buy.

Its a good piece of entertainment and it may not be a Home run in all its aspects but its over all a well rounded game.

Again, Thanks you for your thoughts on the game , I really do appreciate it. Some of these "professional" game reviewers some times make me question there perspectives, so it's nice to hear it from a real gamer.

The words very repetitive is right about the game for sure and still say it's worth playing although it's been on steam for some time now so just wait for a D2D or Steam sale go on and pick it up for $15-20.

There is not much innovation and you could say a lack of it but that's like saying a game is great and want it too change which would not make it the great game it was right ?..

This is what pisses me off with games a great game comes out and people say it's great and then people want them to change that great game in to some thing greater which in fact most games that do change i tend to like less and as for a few examples NWN1 v's NWN2 and Dragon Age v's Dragon Age 2.

Although NWN1 \ DA2 were good games they were not as good as in fact as another The Witcher 2 is not as good as the 1st. It's the way of the world and i am sure everyone don't agree with me but this is why so much crap in the world is so fucked up as we always think that every even the good and great needs changing.

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard AsRock X670E Phantom Gaming Lightning
Cooling Be Quiet! Dark Rock 4
Memory G.SKILL Trident Z5 Neo DDR5-6000 32GB (2 x 16GB)
Video Card(s) Sapphire Radeon RX 7900 XTX
Storage Samsung 980 PRO Series 1TB, Samsung 980 PRO Series 1TB, Crucial P3 NVMe M.2 2TB
Display(s) LG OLED55G2PUA
Case Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL ROG Certified
Audio Device(s) Digital out to high end dac and amps.
Power Supply EVGA GQ 1000W
Mouse Logitech G600
Keyboard Logitech G413 Carbon
VR HMD Oculus Rift CV1, Oculus Rift S, Quest 2, Quest 3
Software Windows 10 Pro
I played and finished this game (not in 3d though) and I absolutely loved the first half of the game. Then I became a Dragon and the game was all down hill from there. And short.

Recostar

Processor Q6600
Motherboard P5E
Cooling Mudgen
Memory 2 gB os ocz
Storage 7200RPM
Power Supply 700 Watt OC
The words very repetitive is right about the game for sure and still say it's worth playing although it's been on steam for some time now so just wait for a D2D or Steam sale go on and pick it up for $15-20.

There is not much innovation and you could say a lack of it but that's like saying a game is great and want it too change which would not make it the great game it was right ?..

This is what pisses me off with games a great game comes out and people say it's great and then people want them to change that great game in to some thing greater which in fact most games that do change i tend to like less and as for a few examples NWN1 v's NWN2 and Dragon Age v's Dragon Age 2.

Although NWN1 \ DA2 were good games they were not as good as in fact as another The Witcher 2 is not as good as the 1st. It's the way of the world and i am sure everyone don't agree with me but this is why so much crap in the world is so fucked up as we always think that every even the good and great needs changing.

See what you did there,

That's what i call hitting the nail on the head.

I couldn't agree with you more, it seems that every time I play a sequel to a great game its just not as good as the first.Mainly because of all the changes.

System Name The Venerable One
Processor Intel Core i7 980x 3.33GHz
Motherboard EVGA X58 FTW3
Cooling Big Ass fan pointed at the motherboard with the side panel off FTW
Memory 12GB DDR3 1333
Video Card(s) EVGA GeForce GTX 680 Superclocked X2 in SLI
Storage Samsung 840 Pro 256MB SSD/1.5TB HDD internal
Display(s) Samsung SyncMaster 2443BWX 24" 1920X1200
Case SK-503 Super Case
Audio Device(s) X-Fi Xtreme Music
Power Supply SeaSonic 1000W Platinum Rated
Software Windows 7 Home SP1 64-bit
Benchmark Scores epic
Wish it had full Xbox 360 controller support being a console port.

AsRock

TPU addict
Cooling D15

Recostar

Processor Q6600
Motherboard P5E
Cooling Mudgen
Memory 2 gB os ocz
Storage 7200RPM
Power Supply 700 Watt OC
I played and finished this game (not in 3d though) and I absolutely loved the first half of the game. Then I became a Dragon and the game was all down hill from there. And short.

That's such a shame that the game would start to fall short as soon as you get to become a Dragon. You would think that they would focus on that aspect in order to make it the pinocle experience in the game. Thanks for the info,very insightful.