1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

DK77KC / i5 3330 overlock

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by attuoz, Sep 1, 2014.

1. attuoz New Member

Thanks Received:
    I know it's locked. I tried to increase bus speed in bios. Even though bios shows increased speed, it doesn't work in windows. I tried to increase bus speed using Intel Extreme Tuning Utility, but Reference Clock bar is greyed out. Is there a way to overclock this cpu?

2. Outback Bronze

Outback Bronze

Thanks Received:
    I've got one of these CPUs for my HTPC and to get the max out of it I use the maximum turbo ratio of 34x100 on all cores, you can get 35/6 I think but not all 4 cores are going to work.

Once you put a ratio of 34 in you can try and put the bus speed up a little to say 105 and see if it doesn't crash. This can be very tedious to get working.

I completely leave this setting alone as 34x100 = 3.4ghz is plenty of beef on an ivy bridge CPU to just about run anything.

Cheers.

3. Bo$$

Bo$$ Lab Extraordinaire

Thanks Received:
    I still haven't overclocked my 2500k, it's fast enough, what are you doing that needs the oc?

4. BarbaricSoul

BarbaricSoul

Thanks Received:
    Does it matter? The OP wants to OC thier CPU as much as he/she can. This is a tech website, we support OC'ing, whether it's actually needed or not.

Crunching for Team TPU
  5. Tatty_One

Tatty_One Bullet Dodging Senior Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received: